TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Women's Revolution is the reason behind the downfall of RAW (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135740)

Franco Vazquez 12-02-2018 08:08 PM

Women's Revolution is the reason behind the downfall of RAW

Back in the day, There used to be just one off women's segment or a wrestling match and we used to get get bikini contests and raunchy matches. Now we have at least 3 different segments for women with each being worse than the other. Like last RAW had 3 women's matches/segments and it was one of the worst RAWs in the recent history. Rather than having 3 women's segment we could have a lot more talent being used who are being drowned down the order on RAW. Most of the 205 wrestlers would pull off better performance than any woman on RAW/SD. Having one women's segment on a RAW could also mean less wastage of time and RAW moving back to 2 hours. I know there are many other reasons as well behind the dwindling of RAW ratings but I think women being overpushed is one of the main reasons. Talented wrestlers like Slater, Apollo, Bray can't appear on RAW but we have talentless trash like Logan, Natalya, Dana Brooke, Facebreaker, Daughter of murderer and Annoying Fox appearing on RAW.

These opinions are mine and you are free to try to change my mind.

Black Widow 12-03-2018 08:53 AM

Ha! 205 guys that get crickets every week

All the women get better crowd reaction than them.

xrodmuc316 12-03-2018 12:24 PM

I disagree, the writing staff is the reason. The men and the women, even if they dumb luck into an interesting character, they go out of their way to bury that character because writing is hard.

Droford 12-03-2018 12:29 PM

And SmackDown is praised despite being headlined the last 2 months with Becky/Charlotte...umm..sure

Mr. Nerfect 12-07-2018 05:04 PM

Some of the women's segments surely don't help. A lot of the stuff Alexa, Bayley, The Riott Squad and Natalya does sounds especially horrible. But it's a problem with the whole show. They don't have stars, or even guys who can fully work. It's a company full of melodramatic soap opera actors/mid-carders.

Franco Vazquez 12-07-2018 05:06 PM

If Lynch is such a huge superstar then why SD's rating is worse than RAW?

Mr. Nerfect 12-07-2018 05:18 PM

It's a valid point.

Fignuts 12-07-2018 05:18 PM

Probably has a lot to do with WWE treating SmackDown as a “b show” since it’s inception.

Franco Vazquez 12-07-2018 05:20 PM

But SD has worst ratings ever atm. Even lower during Jinder's reign of error that means Jinder is a bigger superstar than Lynch

LibSuperstar 12-07-2018 05:21 PM

How much more is Mahal known to the average fan than Lynch?

Franco Vazquez 12-07-2018 05:29 PM

Mahal is known to a lot of Indians which is more than enough to become a superstar. India's population is prolly more than US, Canada and UK combined.

Fignuts 12-07-2018 05:30 PM

First of all ratings aren’t as important as they used to be. There are more avenues than ever for watching a product so tv ratings aren’t as accurate a gauge for how any people are following it.

Secondly if anything is driving people away it’s creative. The women are over. It’s the storylines and segments they are put in that are shit. It’s no different than the men. It’s the nature of WWE. They don’t have to please fans. They have to please investers. The goal isn’t making compelling television. It’s “how do we tap in to this market, or that market.”

Mr. Nerfect 12-07-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franco Vazquez (Post 5203602)
But SD has worst ratings ever atm. Even lower during Jinder's reign of error that means Jinder is a bigger superstar than Lynch

Lol, I know you're a troll, but you can do so by making valid points and not just blowing them out of the water yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5203611)
First of all ratings aren’t as important as they used to be. There are more avenues than ever for watching a product so tv ratings aren’t as accurate a gauge for how any people are following it.

Secondly if anything is driving people away it’s creative. The women are over. It’s the storylines and segments they are put in that are shit. It’s no different than the men. It’s the nature of WWE. They don’t have to please fans. They have to please investers. The goal isn’t making compelling television. It’s “how do we tap in to this market, or that market.”

I hate the "ratings aren't as important as they used to be" argument. If you're on a media platform then how many people access you via that platform is important. It's not the only metric as to how people consume content, but it's an excellent gauge as to how many people consume content through television, which is where WWE are making their money. If people stop watching SmackDown on television then they've got a problem.

It's partly creative, but it's also the talent. Everyone is so robotic, and it's not just because they are scripted. It's partially because they have sponsors to suck up to. It's partially because they've all been trained a similar way and told to value the same spots and style. It's partially because there's an emphasis on performing moves and not sucking in people emotionally to the work. Some of the women are over with their crowd, but others just aren't. And some are, frankly, shit. It is largely the same with the men -- on the main philosophical level anyway -- but generally the men aren't nearly as inexperienced and rushed up to the main roster because of their ass as the women are. But yes, they don't have to please fans right now.

Maluco 12-07-2018 06:46 PM

Definitely not the woman, it’s the writing. I stupidly complained when erratic stories went nowhere in the end of fizzed out, but I didn’t know how good I had it. Now it’s just so boring and repetitive.

Last years of WCW were a mess but they were way more entertaining than RAW nowadays. It’s nothing

LibSuperstar 12-07-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid
Lol, I know you're a troll, but you can do so by making valid points and not just blowing them out of the water yourself.

I hate the "ratings aren't as important as they used to be" argument. If you're on a media platform then how many people access you via that platform is important. It's not the only metric as to how people consume content, but it's an excellent gauge as to how many people consume content through television, which is where WWE are making their money. If people stop watching SmackDown on television then they've got a problem.

It's partly creative, but it's also the talent. Everyone is so robotic, and it's not just because they are scripted. It's partially because they have sponsors to suck up to. It's partially because they've all been trained a similar way and told to value the same spots and style. It's partially because there's an emphasis on performing moves and not sucking in people emotionally to the work. Some of the women are over with their crowd, but others just aren't. And some are, frankly, shit. It is largely the same with the men -- on the main philosophical level anyway -- but generally the men aren't nearly as inexperienced and rushed up to the main roster because of their ass as the women are. But yes, they don't have to please fans right now.

According to former creative head Tommy Casiello it's the demos WWE pays attention to most and that seems to be corroborated by some things I've read recently.

Franco Vazquez 12-07-2018 08:05 PM

Again my question is that if Lynch is such a big superstar, why the ratings of SDL are so low? Back in the day when Stone Cold and Rock used to bring up ratings no matter how shitty the writing and storylines were. Even Cena used to bring more ratings than the so called The Man.

Fignuts 12-07-2018 08:26 PM

Because she’s not as big of a star as Austin or Cena. No one is saying she is.

Also, there’s always been bad writing. But it’s never been this boring or void of genuine emotion.

LibSuperstar 12-07-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts
Because she’s not as big of a star as Austin or Cena. No one is saying she is.

Also, there’s always been bad writing. But it’s never been this boring or void of genuine emotion.

To be fair nobody on the roster is and that's pretty much by design.

Mr. Nerfect 12-07-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibSuperstar (Post 5203643)
According to former creative head Tommy Casiello it's the demos WWE pays attention to most and that seems to be corroborated by some things I've read recently.

I'm not talking about what WWE pays attention to; I'm talking about what is actually important. They suck in the demos they try to appeal to too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franco Vazquez (Post 5203645)
Again my question is that if Lynch is such a big superstar, why the ratings of SDL are so low? Back in the day when Stone Cold and Rock used to bring up ratings no matter how shitty the writing and storylines were. Even Cena used to bring more ratings than the so called The Man.

Again, there's a valid point to this. It's like when people try to tell me that Braun Strowman is over. With who? It's certainly not the television audience, because they aren't tuning in to watch him. Lynch is over with live crowds and the internet. She's not at the point where she can be said to draw though. It's false to put it on a Rock/Austin scale, and it would be worth a shot if they had more people to play off, but our crowd has the tendency to overrate something's actual worth because we're in an echo chamber of praise for an act.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibSuperstar (Post 5203658)
To be fair nobody on the roster is and that's pretty much by design.

That's true, but even if it weren't, I'd worry about the current crop of talent's ability to get genuinely over. Just listen to what Xavier Woods was saying the other day. A lot of them think the stuff they do is genuinely good shit.

SlickyTrickyDamon 12-14-2018 01:03 PM

no

rez 12-14-2018 01:32 PM

double no.

It's mostly on Vince. He needs to fuck outta creative and go concentrate on his XFL that will once again fail.

DAMN iNATOR 12-15-2018 01:44 AM

"Facebreaker" would be Ruby Riott, would it not?

Also, from now on, please refer to "Dana Brooke" as "River Trout".

SlickyTrickyDamon 12-15-2018 02:21 AM

Again no.

Gerard 12-15-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 5205713)
"Facebreaker" would be Ruby Riott, would it not?

Looks like it's been broke a few times, if she fell forward she's strike oil with that nose.

Stickman 12-15-2018 11:45 AM

I don't think it's the sole reason but it plays a big role. The product has been garbage for years. Even pre Roman Reigns it was this bad at times. The women are being pushed too hard, but tbh, nothing else is very good right now why not run with the chicks?

OverTaker 12-15-2018 11:50 AM

Braun hasn't been on the show but only the monster can carry the show so far. Also SD has a lot of the star power. Miz, Orton, Mysterio, Hardy, Bryan, AJ and Joe and Big show.

Stickman 12-15-2018 01:38 PM

I think the played out authority figure storyline along with pushing someone who just isn't good enough way too high (Cena, Reigns) was the downfall.

Mr. Nerfect 12-15-2018 11:36 PM

They really need to abandon the authority figure role. It reminds me of the intergalactic politics in Star Wars when all people really want to see are Force powers and lightsaber duels. Who is watching Raw to see who the new General Manager plot device is going to be? And they have like three of these devices on the show at any given time.

rockman725 12-16-2018 03:34 AM

I wasn't going to chime in on this topic and leave well-enough alone, but maybe it's time to address the elephant in the room.

The biggest problem with this "Women's Revolution" is that it is not and I repeat, NOT, organic. It is being force-fed to the audience as something it really isn't. They (the media, including WWE) have taken the idea that women don't have power & voice (which is the furthest from the truth to begin with) and politicized it to the highest degree. That Evolution PPV was the first time I ever watched an event first-run and turned it right off in the middle. Even the crappiest PPVs from the past I had managed to sit through. Evolution was the political bus that didn't know when to pull over and park. If they treated that event the same way they did One Night Stand 2005, if would have been fine. But no, we need to do this hashtag crap and grandstand the program as if it was the greatest thing to ever happen in life.

When you continually parade something that most people with half a brain knows is complete B.S. then of course, the ratings will suffer. It is a lot easier now to turn off during the women's segments because a lot of it is the same premise over and over. The old days had women more for the entertainment part and not the sport part. Now, we are seeing more sport than entertainment. I don't think it is the only "reason behind the downfall" as you say, but it is Top 5 for sure. The sad part is that there are a bunch of women on the roster currently who can be entertaining but playing to the liberal politics with their so-called "character storyline" is killing all hope. I want to see the women on the roster be more about themselves and not act like political pawns to make the media crackheads happy.

Hate me if you want for saying this, but there are a lot of people who feel this way.

Mr. Nerfect 12-16-2018 04:21 PM

It's tokenism. It's not a progressive movement at all, and it ignores the work of a lot of women who have come before.

LibSuperstar 12-19-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid
It's tokenism. It's not a progressive movement at all, and it ignores the work of a lot of women who have come before.

The clamoring for Women's Tag Titles is a fine example. Velvet McIntyre/Princess Victoria, Velvet McIntyre/Desiree Petersen, Glamour Girls and Jumping Bomb Angels would like a word.

Theo Dious 12-26-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5205896)

Have I called you a piece of shit lately because you are and also fuck you.

Mr. Nerfect 12-26-2018 07:53 PM

It's all you do, and you do so ineffectively that even mike adamle does a more substantive job, you horse-felching cunt-peg.

Franco Vazquez 01-01-2019 06:21 PM

I am now 1000000% sure that Women's revolution is actually behind the crap content of RAW these days. Why the fuck you would have Tamina Snuka main event RAW that too in 2019?

Mr. Nerfect 01-01-2019 06:28 PM

Right, wrong or otherwise, fans have been conditioned to not take women that seriously and there are a whole bunch of social issues that compound how women respond to other women in spotlight positions. Raw often fails to retain its female audience despite this push. Also, people were leaving the house shows headlined by the women early.

Trolling or not, there is some truth to at least suggesting that putting women into the top spot is going to have growing pains.