TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Drowning in Wrestling (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=136463)

Jordan 09-04-2019 12:38 PM

Drowning in Wrestling

I feel like I am drowning in choices as to what wrestling to watch. This isn't a bad problem but wow it's kind of crazy. If I was my 14 year old tape trading self I would literally be in heaven with the amount of content available worldwide. I just don't have the time to seriously follow a product the way I do WWE, or at least the way I did when I was a kid. I missed nothing, saw everything WWF and WCW did.

I seriously follow WWE, NJPW, and AEW. I flirt with MLW and now ROH after I have the weekly show available to me on stadium. The ROH show is really great from what I've seen. There is something about it that is better than NXT but also the talent that they have while very good, isn't as star driven as I'd really like, like NXT is.

I haven't watched NXT since Nakamura's reign. I watch the Takeovers, they are usually awesome but I don't really care for the weekly show right now. I am planning on flipping back and forth and probably DVR'ing AEW since I will have NXT soon after on the Network.

On top everything going on right now NJPW consistently has the best product and I want to dedicate more of my fandom to them. It just never disappoints and the more you invest the bigger the payoff.

Then AAA is running shows on Twitch that I like to watch when I can, they are so fun....

Fucking wrestling everywhere right now.

What are you watching? Are you going to watch AEW as fervently as WWE?

EDIT

Rephrase... how do you prioritize your wrestling?

Bad News Gertner 09-04-2019 01:55 PM

Just casually doing my 1997 WWF Raw rewatch. I watch an hour here and there. Currently up to Sept.22 1997 Raw. Started this back in the winter. Other than that, it depends if I come upon some old footage that I don't have/haven't seen.

I listen to about 12 hours worth of wrestling podcasts a week

Destor 09-04-2019 04:06 PM

They dont make what i like anymore so i mostly watch 90s ajpw and njpw and like. ..70s-90s rasslin

Destor 09-04-2019 04:06 PM

And i use rasslin as a specification. If you know you know

Big Poppa Pauly 09-05-2019 07:14 AM

Currently, I watch WWE PPV and TakeOver events. The odd bit of Raw and Smackdown. I have seen all 4 AEW events.

I will start out watching AEW TV and will check out the new NXT 2 hour show because I'm curious. I'll see how it goes.

XL 09-05-2019 07:30 AM

You make drowning sound like a good thing!

I do feel like there’s too much at the minute. I’ve not really watched anything closely for a long time.

Over the weekend I put NXT UK Takeover on and had it playing in the background whilst I did some work. It was nice to watch something live at a reasonable time.

I skipped through a lot of All In, Raw, and SmackDown. I put NXT on whilst dozing this morning and then put NXT UK on but skipped the women’s match. A lot of it is background noise for me now.

Simple Fan 09-05-2019 01:08 PM

Have really stopped watching wrestling on tv live. I DVR it all and try to watch it as I go to bed but usually fall asleep on it. Have WWE, Impact, ROH, New Japan on there as well as it keeps recording Lucha Underground re run. Watch WWE PPVs, Impacts Twitch specials and + shows live as well as MLW on You Tube. There is a lot out there to watch but I don't see it as a bad thing. Hoping AEW can at least get me watch wrestling live on TV again.

Bad News Gertner 09-06-2019 08:38 AM

The WWE going copyright crazy on youtube this past year or so really lessened my wrestling consumption. There was a ton of old territory stuff outside of the WWWF/WWF footage that I collect that was removed.

I have zero interest in current wrestling so rather than hate watch like some people do, I just stopped altogether. There's SOOO much old footage out there with file sharing, torrents, footage trading that I don't feel the need or desire to watch current stuff. Since I'm not keeping up on the current product, I never feel like I'm drowning since I just watch at my leisure and not miss anything

Emperor Smeat 09-06-2019 10:16 AM

I mostly just watch WWE, both NXT brands, and NJPW (just the big events and tournaments).

AAA and GCW on occasions and ROH and Impact on very rare occasions.

Once AEW starts, that is going on my regular watching pile. Might also start watching AAA more frequently in the future to make up for the loss of Lucha Underground.