TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best Finisher in a real fight (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=98)

HeartBreakMan2k 12-08-2003 03:14 PM

Best Finisher in a real fight

With the message board starting with what is pretty much a clean slate, I figured I'd restart the topic that probably hooked a lot of us. Odds are it won't even come close to capturing what we did the first time but it's worth a shot.

Loose Cannon 12-08-2003 03:16 PM

I think a DDT. You can hook it pretty quickly and slam the person's head really hard into the ground.

Other then that the Ghetto Blaster :shifty:

Tornado 12-08-2003 03:18 PM

<font color=#33ffff>Super Kick, or any of Tajiris kicks would be pretty brutal.</font>

Cactus Sid 12-08-2003 03:21 PM

In all honesty, if you could get someone up for a powerbomb onto some concrete you could probably kill them.

Ricky 12-08-2003 03:24 PM

Stone Cold Stunner.

StoneColdStunner 12-08-2003 03:27 PM

Stone Cold Stunner with out a doubt :y:

JT 12-08-2003 03:30 PM

Tazmission

Tazmission. I've won many a fights with this move.

I once even faced a guy who was throwing me around like a rag doll, and I put the Tazmission on him the first moment I had. He gave up the fight after 6 seconds in the hold.

loopydate 12-08-2003 03:45 PM

The Pedigree. 'Cause just like in real life, giving someone a light boot to the midsection causes them to bend over for a lengthy period of time, while allowing you to hook their arms without struggle. Oh...wait.

Spear. If you can get enough speed going (or are big enough), the spear will take your opponent down, no question.

StoneColdStunner 12-08-2003 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT Kool
Tazmission. I've won many a fights with this move.

I once even faced a guy who was throwing me around like a rag doll, and I put the Tazmission on him the first moment I had. He gave up the fight after 6 seconds in the hold.

Nothing to do with wrestling BUT KENSHIN SO TOTALY ROCKS!! :y:

What Would Kevin Do? 12-08-2003 03:51 PM

How about a punch to the throat or a kick to the groin? I think that'll wrap things up pretty quick. :y:

PerfectOne 12-08-2003 03:54 PM

OMG OMG OMG!

I remember once, I like hit this guy in the head. Then I jumped onto the bar and did a MOONSAULT! It was like....WHOA! Then, when he was down, I did the pin!!!

Ok, more realistically, the best "REAL" finisher would be a f*ck*ng punch to the face. Geez. Maybe a sleeper or a choke hold. The Spear?!?!?! WTF are you smoking. You don't start fights from opposite ends of the room! How many "fights" have you been in after high school? At least the pedigree part was a joke. Tazmission, if you end up grappling, then whatever. There is an easy counter to the "tazmission" though, and it involves a smaller person getting smooshed into things by a big person. There is something I tell my students about chokes and such...if you get them on, you better not let go cause the other guy will kill you afterwards, no doubt about it, or beat the living sh*t out of you until you wish you were dead.

Edit:
Kevin, you posted while I was typing. THAT's what I'm talking about! He's obviously been in a fight before, or at least has a BRAIN. Wrestling is NOTHING like fighting...neither is sparring, or that karate sh*t you see on TV. You want to watch fighting, go to a redneck bar and pick a fight.

loopydate 12-08-2003 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerfectOne
OMG OMG OMG!

I remember once, I like hit this guy in the head. Then I jumped onto the bar and did a MOONSAULT! It was like....WHOA! Then, when he was down, I did the pin!!!

Ok, more realistically, the best "REAL" finisher would be a f*ck*ng punch to the face. Geez. Maybe a sleeper or a choke hold. The Spear?!?!?! WTF are you smoking. You don't start fights from opposite ends of the room! How many "fights" have you been in after high school? At least the pedigree part was a joke. Tazmission, if you end up grappling, then whatever. There is an easy counter to the "tazmission" though, and it involves a smaller person getting smooshed into things by a big person. There is something I tell my students about chokes and such...if you get them on, you better not let go cause the other guy will kill you afterwards, no doubt about it, or beat the living sh*t out of you until you wish you were dead.

Edit:
Kevin, you posted while I was typing. THAT's what I'm talking about! He's obviously been in a fight before, or at least has a BRAIN. Wrestling is NOTHING like fighting...neither is sparring, or that karate sh*t you see on TV. You want to watch fighting, go to a redneck bar and pick a fight.

I meant the spear works as an effective way to end a fight when it starts. When there's about to be trouble, yeah tackle the hell out of the guy.

You're right about it being impractical once the fight has already started. There's no way you can get the proper spacing once it's on.

I stand by my assertion, though, that a spear will end a fight if you use it RIGHT AWAY, before the fight really starts.

Once it's on, all the above choices work. Although, isn't the question "which FINISHER is best in a fight?" If that's the case, which wrestler uses a punch to win matches?

Loose Cannon 12-08-2003 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loopydate
I meant the spear works as an effective way to end a fight when it starts. When there's about to be trouble, yeah tackle the hell out of the guy.

You're right about it being impractical once the fight has already started. There's no way you can get the proper spacing once it's on.

I stand by my assertion, though, that a spear will end a fight if you use it RIGHT AWAY, before the fight really starts.

Once it's on, all the above choices work. Although, isn't the question "which FINISHER is best in a fight?" If that's the case, which wrestler uses a punch to win matches?

Well Crush used the dreaded "Heart Punch." :y:

loopydate 12-08-2003 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
Well Crush used the dreaded "Heart Punch." :y:

I stand corrected. :p

Now that I think about it, didn't Bart Gunn use his punches as a finisher for a while after he won the Brawl For All? Anyway, I'm contradicting my own point. Stop, loopy! Stop!

King Jericho 12-08-2003 04:35 PM

gotta be the way of a heel, a thumb to the eye and then a low blow, or one of my personal favourites, a straight kick to the knee!

But as finishers go, if you kick thm in the stomach it will make them bend over, so you can then get a quick piledriver on them

Kane Knight 12-08-2003 04:43 PM

One would think you WOULDN'T want to be too distanced when it came to performing a spear. That's just ASKING for the guy to sidestep.

I know that sorta takedown works really well up close (At least if you're 6' +), provided you can just explode at the other guy. I doubt it's every gonna qualifiy as BFIARF, or best actual move to end a fight, but it's not totally ineffective, especially to get someone to the ground.

I don't know about a punch to the face. For someone who was so expert at fighting maneuvers, the guy who made an argument for it ignored a ton of better body parts to isolate with a punch/strike.

You know what's a good finisher? That whole Butterfly kick deal. It relies on the other guy staying doubled over for a couple of seconds, and your ability to bring down a lot of force, but it's really just a modified Axe Kick, which can knock someone out easily if planted at the base of the skull.

Kane Knight 12-08-2003 04:43 PM

One would think you WOULDN'T want to be too distanced when it came to performing a spear. That's just ASKING for the guy to sidestep.

I know that sorta takedown works really well up close (At least if you're 6' +), provided you can just explode at the other guy. I doubt it's every gonna qualifiy as BFIARF, or best actual move to end a fight, but it's not totally ineffective, especially to get someone to the ground.

I don't know about a punch to the face. For someone who was so expert at fighting maneuvers, the guy who made an argument for it ignored a ton of better body parts to isolate with a punch/strike.

You know what's a good finisher? That whole Butterfly kick deal. It relies on the other guy staying doubled over for a couple of seconds, and your ability to bring down a lot of force, but it's really just a modified Axe Kick, which can knock someone out easily if planted at the base of the skull.

Darwin Henderson 12-08-2003 04:44 PM

Peoples elbow or the worm

Stickman 12-08-2003 04:49 PM

Diving head butt for sure :rolleyes:

Fryza 12-08-2003 04:56 PM

Any cheap heel moves (eye pokes, chokes, low blows, weapon shots).

Mandible Claw (the REAL version...nasty ass pain).

Widow's Peak

The Worm :shifty:

Widowmaker/Prophecy/Cruel Intentions

Kane Knight 12-08-2003 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin Henderson
Peoples elbow or the worm

You forgot the Finger Poke, the Hogan Leg Drop, and the devastation that is the Steiner push-up.

sensai86 12-08-2003 05:20 PM

If anything I'ed say a powerbomb,DDT,some simple moves will put them down. Specials you could use is a Pedigre,that would hurt like hell.

PS-Hay Hbreak have'nt I heard of you from somewere,did you have a website or something like that???

Nowhere Man 12-08-2003 05:30 PM

I completely agree with the Tazzmission, or even just a simple Sleeper hold. If you get a guy in one of those, the fight will be OVER.

A punch to the throat is also incredibly effective. Punching someone in the face will piss them off, but most of the time the only thing that really gets hurt is your hand. A shot to the throat will almost definitely bring them down.

Sickboy 12-08-2003 06:11 PM

Fameasser

Fryza 12-08-2003 06:15 PM

...What kind of fight? In a bar type of fight, you're basically screwed, so the heels moves are your best bet...

Kane Knight 12-08-2003 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fryza
...What kind of fight? In a bar type of fight, you're basically screwed, so the heels moves are your best bet...

Unless you can whip 'em into the ropes. :shifty:

Jordan 12-08-2003 06:21 PM

Sleeper

CYCLOPTERSAURUS 12-08-2003 07:14 PM

Tazmission or Flying Head Scissors.

Mikey 12-08-2003 08:36 PM

CrossFace Chickenwing :shifty:

YOUR Hero 12-08-2003 09:19 PM

Rochambo

Hardkore Jim Storey 12-08-2003 10:32 PM

Brock Lesnars outside hawk throw. For any one that hasn't seen it or knows what it is, it is a clothesline leg sweep combo. You land hard and wouldn't be able to get up for a good while. The ddt is also a good idea. Another point on the spear, do you know how easy a spear is to reverse into a DDT.

Kapoutman 12-08-2003 11:58 PM

At school, during "shoot" fights during gym class, I always use the Cobra Clutch. Just pulling on his arm makes the guy bend over not to choke. He gets on the ground, I wrap my legs around him and does a scissors. Always works.

For a bar fight, just use THE MAGIC WEDGIE! Or the kick to the groin. I agree with that.

Buzzkill 12-09-2003 12:07 AM

spam to 80 pages

c4g2 12-09-2003 12:32 AM

Crippler crossface rocks, I and my friend tried it. Hurts when used properly.

Sting Fan 12-09-2003 01:36 AM

Iv always thought Tajiris kicks to the head would be pretty devestating if he actualy nailed them especialy the one he does that looks like it hits right on the temple.

And one that i used in a fight once was just a overhead release belly to back suplex Benoit style i was in a fight once had the guy around the waist and i was so pissed i just kinda threw him but thats what it was like and it winded him real bad.

What Would Kevin Do? 12-09-2003 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loopydate

First, unless you're just picking a fight, and basically jumping the guy, you're not going to have that kind of space, even before a fight. Second, the only way it'll do any real damage is if they hit their head on something on the way down. I play street football, and I've been tackled by hella big people on concrete, and maybe I'm crazy, but a hard punch to the kidney's hurts a lot worse.

Second, a spear can A. be easily side stepped, but B. Involved you putting your head down, leaving it open to impact from a knee, and even if the knee doesn't hit squarely, if you're diving into someone, and you're head smashes into a knee, it's going to mess up your neck pretty bad on impact alone.

Anywho, 99 percent of fights end very quickly, and even thinking of anything like that would be a waste of time.

Funky Fly 12-09-2003 03:03 AM

The Tarantula.

Serioulsy, grab a trapezius muscle as hard as you can, then, while he's flailing, work your way into a choke of some kind.

Corkscrewed 12-09-2003 03:48 AM

A spinebuster would work pretty well. It is, after all, just picking the guy up and slamming him on the ground, something that most people do anyway.

As for best current finisher, I guess an Angle Slam?

Oxstar 12-09-2003 05:13 AM

a good old head lock/choke hold! or a hammerlock!

xGuiltyFatex 12-09-2003 07:46 AM

I think it would have to be the release german suplex.