TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Who is the worst commentator in WWE today? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=136383)

slik 07-29-2019 01:20 AM

Who is the worst commentator in WWE today?

Who is the worst commentator in WWE today?

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-29-2019 01:23 AM

Zhan Pomerantsev, one of the Russians.

slik 07-29-2019 01:33 AM

#GiveZhanAChance

Jordan 07-29-2019 09:53 AM

I'd be good with Booker, King, Taz, pretty much anyone from the past aside from Byron Sax and Jennifer Hudson's husband instead of Corey Graves.

Bad News Gertner 07-29-2019 10:09 AM

Cole is far from the worst that they have. He's really good when he's allowed to do his own thing.

I can't say the same for Renee or Graves

Simple Fan 07-29-2019 10:12 AM

How does Saxton not make the poll?

Gerard 07-29-2019 12:30 PM

Graves is an irritating twat, he's forever fucking pushing these dumb nicknames "The Goddess" "The Queen" etc. Renee just sounds like an overexcited idiot for the most part.

Evil Vito 07-29-2019 01:15 PM

I liked Graves when he first went to Raw but it seems like Vince told him he has to do the JBL thing where he antagonizes the other announcers all show.

Having a heel announcer is fine, but they don't need to be so goddamn overbearing and argue everything. Completely distracts from everything happening in the ring.

Triple A 07-29-2019 01:42 PM

Watched some NXT clip and I think Beth Phoenix is horrible... Does the Renee Young "Oh!" thing but like even way more often... and has this phony-sounding "announcer" voice she is trying to put on that sucks...

I remember the Mae Young Classic with both her and Renee Young being unbearable with all of the "Oh!'s" after every single move

David Otunga might be the worst of the past couple of years though, like adds nothing and there is no reason for him to be there

Feel bad "shitting on them" though, prob "doing their best"

Bad News Gertner 07-29-2019 02:06 PM

Mauro is worst than all of them

DAMN iNATOR 07-29-2019 02:56 PM

Graves. He seems like he's always looking for a fight with the others.

Also, why is Byron Saxton not on the list? Nobody should be as happy-go-lucky as he is. I swear to fuck if I spent even a second within a mile radius of him I'd have diabetes.

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-29-2019 03:11 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_personnel

Big Vic 07-29-2019 03:53 PM

Bryon isn't as bad as he was before but still pretty bad. Don't get the Otunga hate, he's not good, but he's not awful either. 100% Neutral.

Renee is pretty bad.

Fignuts 07-29-2019 04:19 PM

Graves

WWE seems to think that a heel commentator is someone who just argues with the other commentators. Literally the entire fucking time. Never stopping.

JBL was badin that regard, but Graves takes it to a whole new level.

People like Ventura, Lawler, and Heenan were great because they entertained while opposing the face commentator. There is nothing entertaining about what Graves does.

xrodmuc316 07-29-2019 05:22 PM

Mike Adamle

Emperor Smeat 07-29-2019 05:55 PM

Graves.

Outside of some rare moments, Cole has a very boring and forced style of commentary that manages to make moments feel less special than they should.

Renee isn't terrible but also hasn't found her knack yet in commentary and can tell at times that she still doesn't feel completely comfortable in her role.

Graves on the other hand manages to make stuff almost unwatchable with his incessant bickering and attempts at trying to be a modern day Lawler. Worst of all is having to deal with his annoying style of commentary on both main shows instead of him just being relegated to a single brand.

Droford 07-29-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5273065)
Zhan Pomerantsev, one of the Russians.

I legit thought that was a made up name

Sepholio 07-29-2019 06:16 PM

Renee for me. Graves may be irritating but I'd rather listen to an asshole that knows what hes talking about than a girl who sounds like she doesn't know where she is or what's going on half the time.

Mr. Nerfect 07-29-2019 09:07 PM

It's hard to tell who is naturally shit and who is just in a shit place. None of them are authentic. They're all professionals and in thankless roles.

Evil Vito 07-29-2019 09:44 PM

I think the moment I realized that the babyface color commentator role in WWE's three-person booth setup was a nightmare position was hearing Percy Watson call a show with just Mauro Ranallo, no Nigel McGuinness in sight. In the three-man booth with those two, he was one of the most useless announcers I've ever heard, basically there to say platitudes and bicker. With just Mauro, he was a perfectly competent announcer who could hold his own.

Mr. Nerfect 08-01-2019 10:21 PM

Byron Saxton might be awful in a proper role, but being the gormless babyface third wheel is a fucking thankless job. I genuinely don't know why they have that position. I guess it's for token purposes. I just feel it's a bit insulting when he could be doing something useful on-air. He probably does a lot behind the scenes (well, I've read that).

KIRA 08-11-2019 04:43 PM

Cole. It might be Vince McMahon's fault but dear God the way he comes off the way he says things it's all so disingenuous and it makes my teeth itch

Corey Graves pulling a really really close second I get that he's supposed to be a pompous asshole but there is a such thing as overdoing it

I'm just hoping Renee gets better as it stands right now her style commentary is annoying

Simple Fan 08-11-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5273139)

How in the hell does Lex Lugar become the WWE's Wellness Counselor?

Bad News Gertner 08-11-2019 05:43 PM

It's like how drug rehab counselors are former addicts.

Tom Guycott 08-19-2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 5276356)
How in the hell does Lex Lugar become the WWE's Wellness Counselor?

"I DUNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Bad News Gertner 08-19-2019 08:52 AM

I post on a facebook page made up of wrestling fans from my city and they all LOVE Corey Graves. I want to slap them all.

GD 08-25-2019 01:00 AM

Was RAW more bearable with Corey Graves being absent?

Mr. Nerfect 08-25-2019 03:47 PM

Graves seems like the sort of guy that believes his own hype.

Sixx 08-25-2019 05:12 PM

Probably me, when I force my guests to watch wrestling.

Sixx 08-25-2019 06:57 PM

You know I was editing that post cause it made no sense when you deleted, whoever it was?