TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Elite Wrestling (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135828)

Mr. Nerfect 01-09-2022 03:26 PM

Was the accusation about Kenny that he was actually a paedo or that he did inappropriate things with children? Because wrestling with them is something I would call inappropriate. That shit’s gonna follow him.

Don’t think petty being met with petty when you have the public eye and all the power is a good excuse, tbh. Just block someone, move on. Saying something over the line and going on a rant about how you want to fight everyone because you’re being cyber-bullied just looks like shit.

Damian Rey 2.0 01-09-2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5513296)
I just recently joined Twitter and my God, wrestling Twitter is something else lol

It is the fucking worst

Danny Electric 01-09-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5513302)
Was the accusation about Kenny that he was actually a paedo or that he did inappropriate things with children? Because wrestling with them is something I would call inappropriate. That shit’s gonna follow him.

Don’t think petty being met with petty when you have the public eye and all the power is a good excuse, tbh. Just block someone, move on. Saying something over the line and going on a rant about how you want to fight everyone because you’re being cyber-bullied just looks like shit.

The guy was implying through his comments on the picture of Omega and a young Riho that there was reasonings that he is promoting her now, he said this ‘ To confirm, you do not believe that a grown man posing with a young child in this manner, who then X years later (igreater than a decade) he is still working with and promoting on Twitter after she has a wrestling match on a major US TV network, could be considered unusual?’

Fignuts 01-09-2022 04:12 PM

When you are not only a public figure for a company, but also hold a significant position within said company, you have a responsibility to be a bigger person and respond to such things more professionally.

I won't judge omega for this, because it's a sick accusation, and it's understandable that someone would "flip out" over it , but it was still the wrong response for a person of his station.

Fignuts 01-09-2022 04:12 PM

Also, Riho sucks.

Supreme Olajuwon 01-09-2022 04:14 PM

She’s so little

Mr. Nerfect 01-09-2022 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5513327)
The guy was implying through his comments on the picture of Omega and a young Riho that there was reasonings that he is promoting her now, he said this ‘ To confirm, you do not believe that a grown man posing with a young child in this manner, who then X years later (igreater than a decade) he is still working with and promoting on Twitter after she has a wrestling match on a major US TV network, could be considered unusual?’

Okay, thanks for sharing. I mean, Omega’s going to get that shit for performing physical stunts with children. Honestly, the wrestling scenes that use children probably should be investigated a bit. The UK scene got a few rocks uncovered when the whole Speaking Out thing happened, and it’s horrible.

Mr. Nerfect 01-09-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5513336)
When you are not only a public figure for a company, but also hold a significant position within said company, you have a responsibility to be a bigger person and respond to such things more professionally.

I won't judge omega for this, because it's a sick accusation, and it's understandable that someone would "flip out" over it , but it was still the wrong response for a person of his station.

Well said. :y:

Mr. Nerfect 01-09-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5513338)
Also, Riho sucks.

Even better said. :y:

xrodmuc316 01-09-2022 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vastardikai (Post 5513158)
Now, it's Kenny Omega's turn...

Among other things...

Someone showed disdain for Riho vs Baker, and one of the folks (who had a picture of him holding a child) was accused of Abducting and inappropriately touching said child by Kenny "I wrestled an 8 year old girl" Omega.

Deflected to Cornette's breathing when someone pointed out Marty Scurrl's issues.

Whined about being Cyberbullied in response to Tyler the Creator.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ens-wrestling/

In case nobody else wants to search for it.

AEW has the coolest management team EVER!

slik 01-09-2022 04:36 PM

I think Kenny shouldn't respond to the people individually, his initial tweet expressing annoyance at hateful comments was fine itself.

I also think people should stop freaking out about everything he did in DDT in Japan. It's a company known for comedy stuff and he's not the only guy in WWE/AEW who wrestled there.


https://i.postimg.cc/Xvv5BGF4/Screen...2-20-03-PM.png

slik 01-09-2022 04:37 PM

Like, Koju Takeda's whole gimmick is practically being accidentally stripped/exposed on a regular basis and I personally am very fine with that gimmick lol

https://takeda-fan.tumblr.com/archive

Mr. Nerfect 01-09-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5513367)
I think Kenny shouldn't respond to the people individually, his initial tweet expressing annoyance at hateful comments was fine itself.

I also think people should stop freaking out about everything he did in DDT in Japan. It's a company known for comedy stuff and he's not the only guy in WWE/AEW who wrestled there.


https://i.postimg.cc/Xvv5BGF4/Screen...2-20-03-PM.png

I think his initial tweet was fine too. He should have left it there.

DDT sucks and them doing a lot of silly shit doesn’t excuse specific silly shit. Working with a kid is just stupid. So many things that can go wrong and come back to bite you.

slik 01-09-2022 04:40 PM

Emi Sakura's company in Japan, Chocopro, the matches basically take place in a setting that looks like a classroom and doesn't even have a ring.

I mean, who cares. Why do the Jim Cornettes of the world get riled up over such dumb shit.

slik 01-09-2022 04:42 PM

Goldberg's son is 15 years old and no one was outraged about him being involved.

I'm not a fan of kids wrestling, I think it's dangerous, but I'm not going to wind my gears up about something that's already happened.

xrodmuc316 01-09-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5513367)
I think Kenny shouldn't respond to the people individually, his initial tweet expressing annoyance at hateful comments was fine itself.

I also think people should stop freaking out about everything he did in DDT in Japan. It's a company known for comedy stuff and he's not the only guy in WWE/AEW who wrestled there.


https://i.postimg.cc/Xvv5BGF4/Screen...2-20-03-PM.png

You cannot say you dislike trolls making mean comments AND THEN attack other people with comments like "you live in your mom's basement, you abducted a child, dont spill your bowl of cheetos" etc.

Fragile and thin skinned Kenny Omega smh

slik 01-09-2022 04:52 PM

yeah I don't disagree he's not handling it super well beyond his initial tweet.

I also think people just get so worked up and hateful over really dumb shit with wrestling. Not all wrestling is SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS. Even in the US, we had Chikara. Not every company in Japan presents wrestling the same way, not every company in Mexico presents lucha libre the same way, ya know, it is what it is. I'm not saying comedy rasslin is my preference, it's generally not, but I don't really give a shit about who was in what comedy rasslin spot and hyperventilate on it like Cornette does.

xrodmuc316 01-09-2022 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5513378)
yeah I don't disagree he's not handling it super well beyond his initial tweet.

I also think people just get so worked up and hateful over really dumb shit with wrestling. Not all wrestling is SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS. Even in the US, we had Chikara. Not every company in Japan presents wrestling the same way, not every company in Mexico presents lucha libre the same way, ya know, it is what it is. I'm not saying comedy rasslin is my preference, it's generally not, but I don't really give a shit about who was in what comedy rasslin spot and hyperventilate on it like Cornette does.

Exactly right

Jordan 01-09-2022 05:35 PM

Funny to see how the AEW brass deal with negativity and criticism. They need to separate a bit and put up a curtain. Too much inside baseball all the time. Tony doing barstool shoot interviews about the ongoings of the company. I don't like it.

Jordan 01-09-2022 05:37 PM

I don't nesssicarily dislike Republicans

Supreme Olajuwon 01-09-2022 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5513090)
wonder what this guy said to mjf to make him snap

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sorry I don’t fit your category of making my company diverse.</p>&mdash; Maxwell Jacob Friedman™️ (@The_MJF) <a href="https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1479954687935852547?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The original post said something like MJF didn’t have to work hard because he’s white.

Mohd Hassan 01-09-2022 06:02 PM

That's a daft thing to say.

Vastardikai 01-09-2022 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5513378)
yeah I don't disagree he's not handling it super well beyond his initial tweet.

I also think people just get so worked up and hateful over really dumb shit with wrestling. Not all wrestling is SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS. Even in the US, we had Chikara. Not every company in Japan presents wrestling the same way, not every company in Mexico presents lucha libre the same way, ya know, it is what it is. I'm not saying comedy rasslin is my preference, it's generally not, but I don't really give a shit about who was in what comedy rasslin spot and hyperventilate on it like Cornette does.

Good thing nothing despicable ended up happening in Chikara...

screech 01-09-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 5513387)
Funny to see how the AEW brass deal with negativity and criticism. They need to separate a bit and put up a curtain. Too much inside baseball all the time. Tony doing barstool shoot interviews about the ongoings of the company. I don't like it.

He's got the money to hire a PR team to handle all of this. I get wanting to be "accessible" but this is a bit silly.

Vastardikai 01-09-2022 06:36 PM

Only thing I can provably say about Omega is that he associates with questionable*, shitty** people.

I have said this before, but I wouldn't associate with Emi Sakura. Emi Sakura, has trained several extremely underaged girls. In between ICE Ribbon and ChocoPro, she ran Gatoh Move out of Thailand, one the world's biggest human trafficking hubs. Trained a bunch of girls, but doesn't provide a ring for them to work in?

Also, Japan didn't have a major "#MeToo" movement like the US and England did, let alone a "#SpeakingOut" movement. Luckily for several talents, I would imagine.

*All of one of the party's appearances in Being the Elite were scrubbed for some reason...
**At one point, Omega denied having ever met one of the parties involved in this story,despite him being wrestling at an event he booked. This photo was used to debunk that. During this most recent meltdown, he is claiming that he didn't know who this guy was and it was the only dealings he had with him. I am not a fan of Richochet, Zybysko, or Moose either.

Senpai Seph 01-09-2022 06:40 PM

God they need some PR people over there to tell these guys how to behave in interviews and on social media. Kenny is an EVP of an operation that is square in the public eye. He shouldn't even be responding to trolls like that. No wrestlers anywhere should for that matter. It's childish and beyond petty and just not a good look at all.

Feel like so many of these guys (and quite a few in WWE and other places too) were never told the golden roll of the internet, especially for famous people/content creators: DON'T READ THE COMMENTS. They never go the way you want them to.

Jordan 01-09-2022 06:40 PM

I always thought Kenny Omega was involved somehow in Asian sex trafficking but now I have proof.

Fignuts 01-09-2022 06:50 PM

You can't really blame Cornette for getting riled up about that stuff. He spent decades in the business, where protecting the illusion was the number 1 priority, and the slightest infraction could get you blacklisted. It's been ingrained into his very being since the 70's, and you can't just turn that off. You probably can't ever turn that off.

I think at this point, the toothpaste has been so far out of the tube for so long, that the comedy shit can't really do any more damage to this business. But it also doesn't help it in any way.

Now if some small company in bumfuck, Japan wants to do comedy shit, then whatever, I don't care. I have a problem with it, when you do completely ridiculous nonsense, and then try and present a serious wrestling show in the very next segment. That's a disconnect for me.

Fignuts 01-09-2022 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vastardikai (Post 5513405)
Only thing I can provably say about Omega is that he associates with questionable*, shitty** people.

I have said this before, but I wouldn't associate with Emi Sakura. Emi Sakura, has trained several extremely underaged girls. In between ICE Ribbon and ChocoPro, she ran Gatoh Move out of Thailand, one the world's biggest human trafficking hubs. Trained a bunch of girls, but doesn't provide a ring for them to work in?

Also, Japan didn't have a major "#MeToo" movement like the US and England did, let alone a "#SpeakingOut" movement. Luckily for several talents, I would imagine.

*All of one of the party's appearances in Being the Elite were scrubbed for some reason...
**At one point, Omega denied having ever met one of the parties involved in this story,despite him being wrestling at an event he booked. This photo was used to debunk that. During this most recent meltdown, he is claiming that he didn't know who this guy was and it was the only dealings he had with him. I am not a fan of Richochet, Zybysko, or Moose either.

All the possible women's promotions they could have partnered with and they picked the stupidest one.

Wwe was smart to partner with Meiko. Some legit wrestlers in her promotion.

xrodmuc316 01-09-2022 08:32 PM

This is how wrestlers on Twitter should be

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_LdyfJW...jpg&name=large

xrodmuc316 01-09-2022 10:12 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jay Lethal has now been missing from AEW television for 32 days, so I took matters into my own hands and contacted the authorities. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AEW?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AEW</a> <br>WATCH: <a href="https://t.co/nx3cZ8co5T">https://t.co/nx3cZ8co5T</a> <a href="https://t.co/2k85osd5xP">pic.twitter.com/2k85osd5xP</a></p>&mdash; Alfred Konuwa (@ThisIsNasty) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1480309659202469888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Senpai Seph 01-09-2022 10:26 PM

lmfaoooooo

Jordan 01-09-2022 10:33 PM

Lol nice one

Jordan 01-09-2022 10:33 PM

I am looking forward to the next Tony Khan lash out.

Evil Vito 01-10-2022 08:35 AM

Jim Cornette has a platform which allows him to accuse Omega of being some sort of pedophile for his friendship of Riho, not to mention saying disgusting shit about Riho, Shida, Emi, and Yuka by saying they’re only booked to fulfill Kenny’s fetishes. Unsurprisingly his cult then goes along with it and harass Kenny online about it all the time.

While I agree it’s best to walk away from trolls and not engage their terrible behavior, I can only imagine how grating it is to have to read this shit and have your friends belittled every single day. Everyone has a limit where they can’t take anymore.

Social media was one of humanity’s worst creations.

Fignuts 01-10-2022 09:10 AM

Cornette has not accused Kenny of pedophilia. He's suspected Kenny is more than friends with Riho now.

While joshi as a whole isn't what it used to be, there are still a lot of great female wrestlers in Japan. Riho, Emi, Shida, and Yuka are not names I would put on that shortlist.

As much as I enjoy cornettes podcast, and agree with his assessments, I would never join the Cult of Cornette. To many mouth breathing trolls. Cornette has reason to be so upset, for reasons I listed above. These mouth breathers have no excuse to harass people other than having mentality of a spoiled brat on xbox.

Mr. Nerfect 01-10-2022 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5513374)
Emi Sakura's company in Japan, Chocopro, the matches basically take place in a setting that looks like a classroom and doesn't even have a ring.

I mean, who cares. Why do the Jim Cornettes of the world get riled up over such dumb shit.

It makes it harder for everyone to make a living trying to present a serious presentation. You can’t pass around the collection plate after telling people there is no God. You may not agree with the philosophy of taking wrestling seriously, but some people believe that credibility is the most crucial element to getting people to emotionally invest. And I think there is a very reasonable case to be made that the evidence supports this to be true.

You’ll get a few blokes having a yuck enjoying the “entertaining displays,” and that’s cool for them. But wrestling may also be in a hole because of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5513375)
Goldberg's son is 15 years old and no one was outraged about him being involved.

I'm not a fan of kids wrestling, I think it's dangerous, but I'm not going to wind my gears up about something that's already happened.

Eh, I’m not a fan of the Goldberg stuff either. Get in his face after beating his dad and make it personal. No reason to get a kid to even take a slight bump for that drama. It was actually a very “edgy” thing they did, in their own cartoonish way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vastardikai (Post 5513405)
Only thing I can provably say about Omega is that he associates with questionable*, shitty** people.

I have said this before, but I wouldn't associate with Emi Sakura. Emi Sakura, has trained several extremely underaged girls. In between ICE Ribbon and ChocoPro, she ran Gatoh Move out of Thailand, one the world's biggest human trafficking hubs. Trained a bunch of girls, but doesn't provide a ring for them to work in?

Also, Japan didn't have a major "#MeToo" movement like the US and England did, let alone a "#SpeakingOut" movement. Luckily for several talents, I would imagine.

*All of one of the party's appearances in Being the Elite were scrubbed for some reason...
**At one point, Omega denied having ever met one of the parties involved in this story,despite him being wrestling at an event he booked. This photo was used to debunk that. During this most recent meltdown, he is claiming that he didn't know who this guy was and it was the only dealings he had with him. I am not a fan of Richochet, Zybysko, or Moose either.

Excellent post. I don’t know the context behind the Ricochet point though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 5513408)
God they need some PR people over there to tell these guys how to behave in interviews and on social media. Kenny is an EVP of an operation that is square in the public eye. He shouldn't even be responding to trolls like that. No wrestlers anywhere should for that matter. It's childish and beyond petty and just not a good look at all.

Feel like so many of these guys (and quite a few in WWE and other places too) were never told the golden roll of the internet, especially for famous people/content creators: DON'T READ THE COMMENTS. They never go the way you want them to.

Another excellent post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5513419)
You can't really blame Cornette for getting riled up about that stuff. He spent decades in the business, where protecting the illusion was the number 1 priority, and the slightest infraction could get you blacklisted. It's been ingrained into his very being since the 70's, and you can't just turn that off. You probably can't ever turn that off.

I think at this point, the toothpaste has been so far out of the tube for so long, that the comedy shit can't really do any more damage to this business. But it also doesn't help it in any way.

Now if some small company in bumfuck, Japan wants to do comedy shit, then whatever, I don't care. I have a problem with it, when you do completely ridiculous nonsense, and then try and present a serious wrestling show in the very next segment. That's a disconnect for me.

Nailing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Vito (Post 5513626)
Jim Cornette has a platform which allows him to accuse Omega of being some sort of pedophile for his friendship of Riho, not to mention saying disgusting shit about Riho, Shida, Emi, and Yuka by saying they’re only booked to fulfill Kenny’s fetishes. Unsurprisingly his cult then goes along with it and harass Kenny online about it all the time.

While I agree it’s best to walk away from trolls and not engage their terrible behavior, I can only imagine how grating it is to have to read this shit and have your friends belittled every single day. Everyone has a limit where they can’t take anymore.

Social media was one of humanity’s worst creations.

Oh, shut up. Cornette has done no such thing. The closest he ever came to insulting Omega that way was referencing “abusing children,” which Brian Last pulled him up on, and Cornette clarified he meant in the kayfabe act of wrestling them. Which happened. Cornette almost definitely has nothing to do with this.

And the shit about Emi Sakura, et al? There’s a point to be made there. They’re not very good wrestlers and there’s definitely an element of sleaze involved in how Emi promotes. You might be fine with a little sleaze in your promoting with consenting adults and whatever, but it doesn’t make reporting on it inaccurate.

xrodmuc316 01-10-2022 12:08 PM

"My dad marveled when he meet Hook because, you know, my dad took me to ECW when I was a kid, and when I was 13 years old, my dad was there in Philly with me,” Khan said. “And my dad saw Taz. I was wearing a big orange Taz shirt the whole weekend. Well, not the whole weekend. I had a Darth Vader shirt on Friday, but the Saturday, I had an orange Taz shirt. I gotta tell you, my dad was so impressed [with Taz]. He said to Hook, ‘You know, your dad’s a tough guy. Like, I was in this place and that place was no joke. And he was like, the king of that place.’ And like, both Taz and Hook were so proud.”

This is like, a 40 year old man, and he is like talking like you know, he is STILL like 13 years old...

At least his goofy self took the time to let us know he didn't wear the SAME shirt all weekend :rofl:

#1-norm-fan 01-10-2022 02:42 PM

Imagine if he didn’t clarify that he wore a different shirt one day and then a picture started circulating from that weekend where he was wearing a different shirt.

Imagine the meltdown.

“LOL he said he was wearing the same shirt all weekend and here’s PROOF that he wasn’t! Stupid lying Tony at it again!”

Wehttam 01-10-2022 03:11 PM

autism on autism violence needs to end


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®