TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Elite Wrestling (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135828)

Volare 01-19-2021 07:19 PM

https://i.imgur.com/2YnBt.gif

Bad News Gertner 01-19-2021 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5416649)
Imagine if WWE only posted about NXT when it won! About 4 times a year, right?

Yeah it would be pretty stupid if they posted when Developmental won

xrodmuc316 01-19-2021 07:51 PM

WWE's 3rd show beats the company Tony Khan spends $100,000,000.00 of his dad's money on 4 times a year in ratings???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 5416651)

Sounds like Shad must REALLY want to keep Tony away from the real businesses :rofl:

xrodmuc316 01-19-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 5416651)

Also, you bumping the thread with a 26 year old gif cannot be used later this week in another thread as proof that AEW gets more posts. Just an FYI ;)

Bad News Gertner 01-19-2021 08:07 PM

Remember how stupid people thought those "Did you know" spots the WWE would run during the show like "Did you know Raw was #1 trending on twitter blah blah blah" that they used to do.

(maybe they still do those, IDK)

Volare 01-19-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Gertner of TPWW (Post 5416669)
Remember how stupid people thought those "Did you know" spots the WWE would run during the show like "Did you know Raw was #1 trending on twitter blah blah blah" that they used to do

But that was WWE doing that on WWE TV...this is all in a forum no one cares about except a small small percentage of people.

xrodmuc316 01-19-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Gertner of TPWW (Post 5416669)
Remember how stupid people thought those "Did you know" spots the WWE would run during the show like "Did you know Raw was #1 trending on twitter blah blah blah" that they used to do.

(maybe they still do those, IDK)

I think they only bring it up anymore when it is #1 worldwide

slik 01-19-2021 08:31 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damn. If Tony Khan himself can admit he watches NJPW and WWE as well as AEW bc he still loves watching pro wrestling as a whole, then maybe some of you cultists need to look at yourself and chill out with the toxicity</p>&mdash; Alex (@goonsquad664) <a href="https://twitter.com/goonsquad664/status/1351559643869437955?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

xrodmuc316 01-19-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5416678)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damn. If Tony Khan himself can admit he watches NJPW and WWE as well as AEW bc he still loves watching pro wrestling as a whole, then maybe some of you cultists need to look at yourself and chill out with the toxicity</p>&mdash; Alex (@goonsquad664) <a href="https://twitter.com/goonsquad664/status/1351559643869437955?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Exactly what I've said about AEW since day 1.

Volare 01-19-2021 08:58 PM

Um...what? What does that have to do about what you said?

Volare 01-19-2021 09:03 PM

TK AND JERRY LYNN AT IMPACT!

Vastardikai 01-19-2021 09:09 PM

I saw a post earlier this week with some AEW cultist saying this whole Impact/AEW collaboration was to placate the ego of Cody. I was like "wait, what?" Guy also claimed that Khan was Cody's puppet.

But that is one of the weirder things I notice: Cody will always take the heat for the shit that Omega and the Bucks actually do. And that, no matter what he does, Cody isn't gonna belong in this group.

Damian Rey 2.0 01-19-2021 11:12 PM

Of the wrestlers cosplaying as execs, the only one I have more than a sliver of faith in that he knows what he's doing is Cody. By a mile.

BigCrippyZ 01-20-2021 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 5416684)

Nothing. Nothing at all.

XL 01-20-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Xrod: balancing the debate since 2020

xrodmuc316 01-20-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

That the overwhelming irrational love for AEW paired with the WWE hatred and fear is lame.

Goes all the way back to the AEW rally when a few aholes went to Smackdown afterwards, acting like aholes, getting kicked out, and then saying they were kicked out because they were wearing AEW gear.

Then AEW backed the story to promote how scared WWE is of AEW.

The whole situation was bullshit, there were people in that Smackdown crowd wearing AEW stuff who weren't acting like assholes, and they didn't get kicked out.

It's the same mentality that frames posts here. "OMG AEW GOT MORE REPLIES THAN WWE, IN THEIR AND YOUR FACES!".

I like the term in that tweet, Cultist, perfect description.

xrodmuc316 01-20-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 (Post 5416716)
Of the wrestlers cosplaying as execs, the only one I have more than a sliver of faith in that he knows what he's doing is Cody. By a mile.

100000%

xrodmuc316 01-20-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 5416737)
Nothing. Nothing at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5416782)
Xrod: balancing the debate since 2020

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5215463)
I can't speak for anybody else, but it is not AEW that is annoying. It's the level of hype that some fans are giving it. They have decided this is the greatest thing ever, and can't even entertain an actual discussion.

I made a post about fanboys rallying around the idea that WWE wouldn't let 20 people acting like assholes into Smackdown who also had AEW match on.

Instead of having a conversation that MAYBE it was about the way the people were acting and not what they were wearing, a mod edited my post into a poo poo joke.

That is the perfect example of why people are annoyed with all things AEW already.

Will I watch it when it starts, of course. Do I hope they succeed and put on great shows, of course. Do I need to be blindly loyal to a company that has not had a single show and argue with anyone who isn't, of course not.

JANUARY 16TH, 2019. IN YOUR FACES!!! :'( BOOOOOM

Ultra Mantis 01-20-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5416907)
Goes all the way back to the AEW rally when a few aholes went to Smackdown afterwards, acting like aholes, getting kicked out, and then saying they were kicked out because they were wearing AEW gear.

The irony here is palpable.

xrodmuc316 01-20-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis (Post 5416917)
The irony here is palpable.

Yeah AEW fans acting like aholes, super ironic.

It's almost like acting like an ahole for 2 years might bother people and cause them to act the same way in return :rofl:

Remember when this place was fun and we did things like the Thinking Differently threads? Now it's just who can mock each other's favorite wrestling better.

Volare 01-20-2021 03:30 PM

Well then.

<iframe width="764" height="573" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UrgpZ0fUixs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ultra Mantis 01-20-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5416932)

It's almost like acting like an ahole for 2 years might bother people and cause them to act the same way in return :rofl:

Remember when this place was fun and we did things like the Thinking Differently threads? Now it's just who can mock each other's favorite wrestling better.

Not in the least bit surprising that you dont understand irony or how that applies to you.

screech 01-20-2021 03:48 PM

lol every time xrod tries to burn someone he exposes himself as a fucking idiot.

XL 01-20-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5416907)
That the overwhelming irrational love for AEW paired with the WWE hatred and fear is lame.

Then AEW backed the story to promote how scared WWE is of AEW.

The whole situation was bullshit, there were people in that Smackdown crowd wearing AEW stuff who weren't acting like assholes, and they didn't get kicked out.

So basically, “wrestling company amplifies something to make themselves look good”. That’s very much dog bites man rather than man bites dog.

Quote:

It's the same mentality that frames posts here. "OMG AEW GOT MORE REPLIES THAN WWE, IN THEIR AND YOUR FACES!".

I like the term in that tweet, Cultist, perfect description.
You do realise they’re basically trolling you with that at this point, right?

#1-norm-fan 01-20-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5416932)

Ho... ly... fuck...

#1-norm-fan 01-20-2021 04:01 PM

I know you get mad when I curse, xrod but sometimes there’s just no better way to react to something.

xrodmuc316 01-20-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5416956)
So basically, “wrestling company amplifies something to make themselves look good”. That’s very much dog bites man rather than man bites dog.

You do realise they’re basically trolling you with that at this point, right?

Of course, we all know AEW isn't good enough to warrant that level of marking out legitimately :rofl:

xrodmuc316 01-20-2021 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis (Post 5416947)
Not in the least bit surprising that you dont understand irony or how that applies to you.

I think the irony is that I started geeking for WWE the exact same way y'all do AEW, and it annoys so much you can't help but rage :rofl:

xrodmuc316 01-20-2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5416957)
Ho... ly... fuck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5416958)
I know you get mad when I curse, xrod but sometimes there’s just no better way to react to something.

Naw cursing is fine, cursing at somebody is my issue. No need for personal attacks, curse words or otherwise. Name Calling does not equal a good counter point.

xrodmuc316 01-20-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 5416946)
Well then.

<iframe width="764" height="573" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UrgpZ0fUixs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great song

Ultra Mantis 01-20-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5416978)
I think the irony is that I started geeking for WWE the exact same way y'all do AEW, and it annoys so much you can't help but rage :rofl:

Well that's neither ironic or factual. Do you have a better take or are you happy with using this one as your best?

Supreme Olajuwon 01-20-2021 07:16 PM

Alright so we’ve figured out why this guy has been so obnoxious these past few months. He’s mad that many people on here like a thing that he doesn’t like and he feels left out. So he’s lashing out and trying to ruin it for the rest of us.

Keep it up dude. I think you’re only 5 or 6 sick homemade memes away from really opening some eyes.

xrodmuc316 01-20-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon (Post 5416986)
Alright so we’ve figured out why this guy has been so obnoxious these past few months. He’s mad that many people on here like a thing that he doesn’t like and he feels left out. So he’s lashing out and trying to ruin it for the rest of us.

Keep it up dude. I think you’re only 5 or 6 sick homemade memes away from really opening some eyes.

Actually, if you read a bit, it's not that I dislike AEW. I dislike marking out over everything AEW because it's AEW.

I've been obnoxious posting exactly like everybody else? Somebody FINALLY gets it! This is how I have felt for 2 years, that the level of hanging on AEW's nuts is obnoxious. Since I'm doing it for WWE and against AEW instead of vice-versa, it's pissed people off FAR more than when I was just pointing out the over reactions. Mini Vans and Horses and Hands in Pockets, etc. is not as great as this brainwashed cult hypes it to be.

Everybody can keep being willfully blind when it comes to all things AEW, but man do the exact same thing against AEW and look out.

xrodmuc316 01-20-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis (Post 5416982)
Well that's neither ironic or factual. Do you have a better take or are you happy with using this one as your best?

Enjoying annoying posts but then hating annoying posts without even realizing the double standard when the only difference is AEW/WWE is pretty ironic.

Since you want to make your stand on what irony is, you probably should make sure you know what you are talking about...

Socratic irony—a method of revealing an opponent’s ignorance by pretending to be ignorant yourself and mirroring behavior antithetically including asking probing questions.

:wave:

Ultra Mantis 01-20-2021 08:31 PM

Okay so we are 100% clear that you do not understand irony and are completely unable to recognise that people dont dislike you because you hate AEW but because you are being an obnoxious arsehole. Thanks for clarifying. Are you trying to claim that you are mirroring my behaviour now and that's a gotcha and it is in fact I, an apparent AEW cultist, who is the actual ignoramus? Is this correct? Are you just clutching at straws or do you actually think you're being smart now?

Bad News Gertner 01-20-2021 09:25 PM

Xrod just owning everybody in this thread

xrodmuc316 01-20-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis (Post 5417033)
Okay so we are 100% clear that you do not understand irony and are completely unable to recognise that people dont dislike you because you hate AEW but because you are being an obnoxious arsehole. Thanks for clarifying. Are you trying to claim that you are mirroring my behaviour now and that's a gotcha and it is in fact I, an apparent AEW cultist, who is the actual ignoramus? Is this correct? Are you just clutching at straws or do you actually think you're being smart now?

Didn't I just provide you the definition of irony, and how I'm just posting like a cultist to show how annoying acting like a total mark can be to other people?

What part do you not understand?

Also, why does everybody keep asking if I am trying to earn gotchas all the time? Is that another part of the forum, like reputation points? Where on the forum is that section? I want to check out how many of my attempted gotchas I've received credit for :roll:

fundiddle 01-21-2021 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5417110)
I'm just posting like a cultist to show how annoying acting like a total mark can be to other people

you are very good at demonstrating how to be annoying, cumdorx

Ultra Mantis 01-21-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5417110)
Didn't I just provide you the definition of irony, and how I'm just posting like a cultist to show how annoying acting like a total mark can be to other people?

What part do you not understand?

Also, why does everybody keep asking if I am trying to earn gotchas all the time? Is that another part of the forum, like reputation points? Where on the forum is that section? I want to check out how many of my attempted gotchas I've received credit for :roll:

Socratic irony is, wait for it, an ironic term and it only works if you actually possess at least a modicum of intelligence in the first place. You're constantly trying to "own" people and justify your shitty posting as a philosophical experiment, maybe if you didnt keep trying and failing so hard so frequently nobody would bring it up.

screech 01-21-2021 07:27 AM

These "cultists" xrod is whining about do not exist here. This is another one of those things he made up in his head so he can complain about something.