TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=109245)

OssMan 11-12-2011 01:11 PM

I haven't played this at all but come on... Portal 2 was incredible

Mister Sinister 11-12-2011 01:39 PM

Clearly, we know Catherine will be game of the year, with Arkham City a distanct second.

Actually, it will more then likely be Arkham City, as good as a game as Skyrim is.

Funky Fly 11-12-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OssMan (Post 3678551)
I haven't played this at all but come on... Portal 2 was incredible

Portal was a pretty sweet game and I've heard the same about Portal 2, but I doubt it'll make it as GOTY.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Sinister (Post 3678569)
Clearly, we know Catherine will be game of the year, with Arkham City a distanct second.

Actually, it will more then likely be Arkham City, as good as a game as Skyrim is.

Catherine is a great concept, but new IP + next to no promotion + not being an FPS = this game floundered.

I actually could see Arkham City winning it if it were not released in the same year as Skyrim.

D Mac 11-12-2011 02:42 PM

Zelda over this? LOL Hasney

Verbose Minch 11-12-2011 03:13 PM

Question for everyone. I assume everyone has found giants and knows to stay away from them.

I decided to try and fuck with them at level 5 or so. I start attacking the giant, then he hits me with the hammer and I die, which is understandable. The instant I die though, my body launches like a rocket into the air and keeps going up until the loading screen pops up.

Has anyone else seen this, and does anybody find this as hilarious as I do?

Pintint 11-12-2011 03:39 PM

I'm guessing you can't "befriend" Dragons in this game, only kill them? Dragons = :love:

Verbose Minch 11-12-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pintint (Post 3678628)
I'm guessing you can't "befriend" Dragons in this game, only kill them? Dragons = :love:

No, you can't befriend dragons.

I'm sure you were very happy when you saw that foxes don't attack you on sight though.

DS 11-12-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verbose Minch (Post 3678612)
Question for everyone. I assume everyone has found giants and knows to stay away from them.

I decided to try and fuck with them at level 5 or so. I start attacking the giant, then he hits me with the hammer and I die, which is understandable. The instant I die though, my body launches like a rocket into the air and keeps going up until the loading screen pops up.

Has anyone else seen this, and does anybody find this as hilarious as I do?

Same thing happened first time I fought one.

I did manage to kill one with a bow but finding a giant rock and standing on top of it and keeping my distance. You can pretty much kill anything this way as long as they can't figure out how to get to you.

Pintint 11-12-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verbose Minch (Post 3678629)
No, you can't befriend dragons.

I'm sure you were very happy when you saw that foxes don't attack you on sight though.

:( I hate games making dragons into dumb evil beasts...

I hope someone creates a mod to allow you to have a dragon NPC or something.

Requiem 11-12-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pintint (Post 3678632)
:( I hate games making dragons into dumb evil beasts...

I hope someone creates a mod to allow you to have a dragon NPC or something.

Because you'd rather be able to have sex with them.

Amirite? :naughty:

Pintint 11-12-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3678657)
Because you'd rather be able to have sex with them.

Amirite? :naughty:

That would be pretty cool, (some) dwagons are hawt.

Requiem 11-12-2011 04:34 PM

:nono:

Purgatory 11-12-2011 05:47 PM

According to IGN, Skyrim scored a 9.5 and Zelda was given a 10.

LoDownM 11-12-2011 06:51 PM

lol, got bitched at by a guard for dropping weapons on the ground, then got bitched at for using one of my shouts, guard said all the shouting was creeping people out.

Purgatory 11-12-2011 08:16 PM

Someone should write up a review on it here. I read IGN's review, but it didn't seem genuine. It had that "I'm getting paid to say nice things, so here goes" kinda feel to it.

Hanso Amore 11-12-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoDownM (Post 3678741)
lol, got bitched at by a guard for dropping weapons on the ground, then got bitched at for using one of my shouts, guard said all the shouting was creeping people out.

Same...fun little details like that rule.

Slain 5 dragons so far. Can't find enough shouts.

LoDownM 11-13-2011 03:30 AM

I don't know why people make a big deal about the low textures with the game installed on the hard drive for 360. I've been playing for 10 hours with it installed and don't even notice when I'm not looking for it and just playing the game.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-13-2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatory (Post 3678789)
Someone should write up a review on it here. I read IGN's review, but it didn't seem genuine. It had that "I'm getting paid to say nice things, so here goes" kinda feel to it.

That's just how IGN writes, it's pretty shitty. I'd write a review, but that would involve putting the game down.

Here's 66 other reviews as well as user reviews for you to choose from:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...rolls-v-skyrim

#BROKEN Hasney 11-13-2011 09:24 AM

Brilliant. I was doing a contract for the dark brotherhood, killed the guy in the inn, then fancied a snooze and rented a room and I got that room. She looks at the corpse and says "goodness, what happened here... Well if there's anything else you need, please let me know". Corpse was still there when I woke up too.

Purgatory 11-13-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3678970)
That's just how IGN writes, it's pretty shitty. I'd write a review, but that would involve putting the game down.

Here's 66 other reviews as well as user reviews for you to choose from:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...rolls-v-skyrim

I could deal with that, though. I'd rather see a genuine review, rather than something from a gaming site. I'll check that link out, though.

Thanks man

Kane Knight 11-13-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3678970)
That's just how <s>IGN</s> the entire game review system writes, it's pretty shitty.

Corrected that for the rather vast understatement.

Anyway, just kind of curious: Anyone playing it in third person? Does it work okay as such?

Not a huge priority for me, as I'm almost certainly waiting for the massive GOTY edition instead of buying now, but still.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-13-2011 02:00 PM

3rd person is better, but still not great.

I :heart: the Dwarven cities right now, especially the centurions.

Funky Fly 11-13-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 3679122)
Corrected that for the rather vast understatement.

Anyway, just kind of curious: Anyone playing it in third person? Does it work okay as such?

Not a huge priority for me, as I'm almost certainly waiting for the massive GOTY edition instead of buying now, but still.

I explore FPS style (better view) and fight 3rd person (same reason).

Kane Knight 11-13-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky Fly (Post 3679145)
I explore FPS style (better view) and fight 3rd person (same reason).

How's combat play out in TP? That is kinda my main concern.

Verbose Minch 11-13-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 3679162)

Combat, I find, is actually a lot better in third person. When fighting something like a troll, they're obviously really powerful. When you're a lower level you have to jump in and then jump back out, and it's just a lot easier to judge when to jump in when you're in third person.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-13-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pintint (Post 3678628)

Crimson 11-13-2011 04:32 PM

Im sold ..wasn't sure if to get this or Uncharted 3..or the Batman one

#BROKEN Hasney 11-13-2011 04:45 PM

Think I've finished the main quest, but there wasn't a real ending to speak of so I might stumble on another lead. It really is about 3 hours long or so as well.

Forget that though, I'm 24 hours in and have 20 active quests and about the same on my "miscellanious" quest list. Quests on that list are either little quests, or lead to full blown quests.

Extreme Angle 11-13-2011 05:05 PM

I've played for 10 hours and only done 2 quests for main story...
I'm a Vampire now too which helps loads with sneaking around with my bow ;)

LoDownM 11-14-2011 01:25 AM

Hmm, learned a shout but it won't let me unlock it even tho I have 7 dragon souls.

Funky Fly 11-14-2011 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 3679162)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verbose Minch (Post 3679168)
Combat, I find, is actually a lot better in third person. When fighting something like a troll, they're obviously really powerful. When you're a lower level you have to jump in and then jump back out, and it's just a lot easier to judge when to jump in when you're in third person.

This, for the most part. Plus with the camera zoomed out it's easier to keep track of multiple enemies and to avoid getting trapped in bad spots in the environment.

Hanso Amore 11-14-2011 11:55 AM

I was a Vampire, then when I became a werewolf it "cured" my vamparism. Can I get it back? Can I have Wolf Blood and Vampire blood?

Verbose Minch 11-14-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanso (Post 3679737)
I was a Vampire, then when I became a werewolf it "cured" my vamparism. Can I get it back? Can I have Wolf Blood and Vampire blood?

From what I've seen when you cure your Lycanthropy, it says that it is cured forever. So maybe you become immune to it after that?

I dunno about Vampirism.

Poit 11-14-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 3679122)

I use first-person for making ranged attacks and third-person for everything else. It works pretty well.

D Mac 11-15-2011 01:31 AM

I only use third person to admire myself. :D

If you join the Stormcloak rebellion, will you get attacked when you enter Imperial controlled cities?

Iop 11-16-2011 09:43 AM

Stop the presses, can u get laid in this game? I know u can do it in the witcher....

Hanso Amore 11-16-2011 11:53 AM

Are you 13?

Requiem 11-16-2011 01:14 PM

Not really a huge spoiler as it's at the VERY beginning of the game when you're doing the brief movement tutorial. Didn't even realize depending who you go with at the beginning of the game (Imperial Guard or Stormcloak guy), it gives you a different quest at the beginning and you kill the other guy. I made a 2nd character, and the first time I played I didn't even realize there was a different guy. But I went with the guard this time and instead of telling me to go join the Stormcloak rebellion, he wanted me to go join the Imperials.

The Pope 11-17-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanso (Post 3681336)
Are you 13?

lol

D Mac 11-17-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Mac (Post 3680578)

If you join the Stormcloak rebellion, will you get attacked when you enter Imperial controlled cities?