TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=109245)

Iop 11-17-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanso (Post 3681336)
Are you 13?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...o/No_Tomko.jpg

Verbose Minch 11-17-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Mac (Post 3680578)
I only use third person to admire myself. :D

If you join the Stormcloak rebellion, will you get attacked when you enter Imperial controlled cities?

I highly doubt it. You'd be cut out of just about every major city if you did.

LoDownM 11-17-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Mac (Post 3680578)
I only use third person to admire myself. :D

If you join the Stormcloak rebellion, will you get attacked when you enter Imperial controlled cities?

No. I could enter all the Stormcloak cities as Imperial and didn't get attacked. More then likely the same way as a Stormcloak.

Emperor Smeat 11-17-2011 05:18 PM

Apparently the PS3 version also has frame rate and saving issues but this time its related to once the save file reaches around 5-6 MB in size.

Besides similar graphical glitches like the Xbox 360 version, the PS3 version is reported to have "lag" issues with the frame rates and problems saving.

Bethseda did state they are working on a patch for all versions but don't have an exact release date for it.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...e-rate-issues/

Tommy Gunn 11-18-2011 12:28 PM

Most games seem to bypass the testing phase these days, considering the amount of bugs you get on day 1. Makes you wonder if the designers even played the game on a retail console before sending it off for mass production.

Verbose Minch 11-18-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn (Post 3683732)
Most games seem to bypass the testing phase these days, considering the amount of bugs you get on day 1. Makes you wonder if the designers even played the game on a retail console before sending it off for mass production.

That's Bethesda for you. I think they program the game blind, then shove it out the door.

How some of the shit in Oblivion and Fallout made it through, I'll never know.

Sepholio 11-18-2011 04:17 PM

I have the ps3 version and a little bit of lag does crop up every now and then but it isn't that bad. I haven't had it cause me to die yet, anyways.

My only gripe with the game so far is that it seems stealth based characters are in for a rude awakening, at least in the early hours of the game. It's very difficult to hide efficiently until you pump the skill up a good bit, especially once you realize that you kinda need to wear heavy armor at first so you don't get flaming ass-raped by stronger enemies. Not that it helps, because I still get maimed constantly if I am noticed. Finally got the muffled armor perk and the damage boosting stealth perks though so I am slowly getting to where I just sneak attack everything fine.

Requiem 11-18-2011 05:16 PM

Doing a one-handed and destruction/restoration character. Weapon in one hand, single-hand magic in the other. Light armor. Been having fun, but it can be challenging.

Fucking trolls are tough as hell.

Hanso Amore 11-18-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3683950)
Doing a one-handed and destruction/restoration character. Weapon in one hand, single-hand magic in the other. Light armor. Been having fun, but it can be challenging.

Fucking trolls are tough as hell.

The inability to block in this case is what turned me off...Like would seem you would want Heavy Armor to make that up.

Hanso Amore 11-18-2011 05:29 PM

I wish you could queue up one spell only, like in oblivion and cast it regardless of what is in your hands. But the whole two hand system is interesting.

Hanso Amore 11-18-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 3683921)
I have the ps3 version and a little bit of lag does crop up every now and then but it isn't that bad. I haven't had it cause me to die yet, anyways.

My only gripe with the game so far is that it seems stealth based characters are in for a rude awakening, at least in the early hours of the game. It's very difficult to hide efficiently until you pump the skill up a good bit, especially once you realize that you kinda need to wear heavy armor at first so you don't get flaming ass-raped by stronger enemies. Not that it helps, because I still get maimed constantly if I am noticed. Finally got the muffled armor perk and the damage boosting stealth perks though so I am slowly getting to where I just sneak attack everything fine.

Sort of cheating but the first time I went to Riverrun, right off the start, I found a nice hiding spot and just snuck for a bit near the blacksmith at night. Upped my skill like 20 points just walking into a porch.

Verbose Minch 11-18-2011 06:16 PM

My only gripe with the game so far is destruction magic. Unless you have like 1000 magicka, each fight just takes FOREVVVERRRRRR,

Hanso Amore 11-18-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verbose Minch (Post 3683993)
My only gripe with the game so far is destruction magic. Unless you have like 1000 magicka, each fight just takes FOREVVVERRRRRR,

Yeah, it seems to me like an extra 10 Stamina goes much farther than 20 magicka. Like you need to summon a pet to fight just to keep your damage up.

DrA 11-18-2011 07:36 PM

When did this series become so popular. I remember when the third one came out it was relatively obscure compared to other mainstream titles.

Verbose Minch 11-18-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanso (Post 3684019)
Yeah, it seems to me like an extra 10 Stamina goes much farther than 20 magicka. Like you need to summon a pet to fight just to keep your damage up.

Conjuration is easily the best class of Magicka. Once you're able to summon Daedra Lords, oh my god. It's incredible.

Emperor Smeat 11-19-2011 04:48 PM

According to Bethseda, the patch to fix all the bugs and glitches won't arrive until the week after Thanksgiving.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/skyr...r-thanksgiving

D Mac 11-19-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrA (Post 3684035)
When did this series become so popular. I remember when the third one came out it was relatively obscure compared to other mainstream titles.

Oblivion.

Gonzo 11-20-2011 01:14 AM

Morrowind was fantastic.

Requiem 11-20-2011 04:44 AM

So...

Companions spoiler

SPOILER: show
They made me into a werewolf now. lol

LuigiD 11-20-2011 12:17 PM

http://4.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/53/6...69a4e8a91d.jpg

Hanso Amore 11-20-2011 12:19 PM

Heard some kid yell FUS RO DAH at his friend when he pushed him today, and realized how big of a loser I was, as I was the only person who had any idea what was going on.

DAMN iNATOR 11-20-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrA (Post 3684035)

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind came out on XBOX back in June 2002, but a lot of people were turned off by the fact that eventually after so much playing and wear and tear on the disc, it would cause the game's save file(s) to eventually become corrupt and you had no way of continuing, even with a disc in better shape. Mad annoying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias Gonzanuka (Post 3685025)
Morrowind was fantastic.

Especially the G.O.T.Y. version, which includes 2 expansions, Bloodmoon and Tribunal. In Bloodmoon, you can travel to a far-off land to the northwest of Vvardenfell and eventually the Daedra Lord Hircine makes you a participant in his hunt, and winning the hunt makes you his "champion" and completes the main quest.

In Tribunal, you travel to a land south of Vvardenfell called Mournhold, where it's up to you to unravel a nefarious plot by Almalexia to take absolute control of everything in her wake. Eventually you have to destroy the Heart of Lorkhan, as it wasn't destroyed as originally alluded to in the end of Morrowind's own main quest. Doing this kills Almalexia, thereby killing the Almsivi Tribunal that started the whole mess, and the prophecies foretold of what the Nerevarine would do are concluded.

They are both worthy additions to the TES III: Morrowind experience. On one last side note, my absolute favorite quest in any of the games to date has to be "A Star Is Born" from the Tribunal expansion. One of the actors in a play, The Horrors of Castle Xyr, has fallen ill at the last hour and the playwright asks if you'd step in. Agree and he hands you the script, which anyone who knows from playing knows, READ THE ENTIRE SCRIPT AND MEMORIZE IT! That's because when you tell him you're ready to go on with the play, you are paid based on your performance. Eventually you come to one of your lines in the script: As I hear, all are Telvanni., and according to the script
Quote:

(Note from the playwright: this line should be delivered without sarcasm. Trust the audience to laugh -- it never fails, regardless of the politics of the locals.)
; however in an ironic (and hilarious) turn of events, an assassin from the crowd attacks you and the actress. Fend him off and kill him, and then see the playwright for your reward based on your performance, and he tells you to take your gold and rest, far away from there, as everyone has by then had a very long evening.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mCBOFfQrxpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pintint 11-20-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuigiD (Post 3685231)

LMAO.

Hot dragon, especially in panel 4

:naughty:

Crimson 11-20-2011 10:49 PM

Jesus time flies when I play this game..played for 2 hours and didn't really accomplish anything..just stealing stuff so I can have alot of gold coins.

El Fangel 11-21-2011 07:52 AM

Dear jesus. I am getting a pc that can play this asap.

DAMN iNATOR 11-21-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson (Post 3686088)
Jesus time flies when I play this game..played for 2 hours and didn't really accomplish anything..just stealing stuff so I can have alot of gold coins.

There is a slight upside to that, though. If you're patient enough to not spend a lot or at all for a while, if you build up 100,000 gold on your person all at once, you get an achievement.

Also, found out who the voice actor is for "Nazir", the side quest giver in the Dark Brotherhood. I knew it was the same guy who voiced Three Dog in Fallout 3.

Gonzo 11-21-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 3685324)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind came out on XBOX back in June 2002, but a lot of people were turned off by the fact that eventually after so much playing and wear and tear on the disc, it would cause the game's save file(s) to eventually become corrupt and you had no way of continuing, even with a disc in better shape. Mad annoying.

omg I remember this. Was so infuriating.

DAMN iNATOR 11-21-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias Gonzanuka (Post 3686443)
omg I remember this. Was so infuriating.

I know. Felt like I had to save every other second just to keep it from crashing. According to UESP it happens because

Quote:

Haven't been saving for too long

Symptom: The player just wanders about and suddenly, Morrowind crashes without any reason.

Sometimes, Morrowind simply crashes when you haven't saved your current game for a while. This is caused by a bug in the data sorting algorithms of the engine; the buffers simply overflow and empty, the engine tries to access data that is gone --- et voilą.

Fix:
There seems to be no way to avoid this. Except saving regularly.
Yet they never released a patch or anything for it which REALLY pissed me off. Still a great game if you're patient enough and careful enough to save quite often.

DAMN iNATOR 11-21-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson (Post 3686088)

I know. Can't believe I've done everything I have in 10 days, and they weren't lying when they said the first 50 levels you earn come quickly. I'm already a lvl. 37 with my Imperial character.

Splaya 11-21-2011 03:29 PM

For someone who has never played the game, would it be easy for me to get into, or should I start with one of the previous games

DAMN iNATOR 11-21-2011 03:32 PM

It's real easy to get into if you don't care about what happened in the other games.

LoDownM 11-21-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splaya (Post 3686592)
For someone who has never played the game, would it be easy for me to get into, or should I start with one of the previous games

I don't think that even matters, since it takes place 200 years after Oblivion.

Requiem 11-21-2011 04:23 PM

It is its own game that just takes place in the same world at a different time.

DAMN iNATOR 11-21-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoDownM (Post 3686637)
I don't think that even matters, since it takes place 200 years after Oblivion.

OBVI...hence, why I responded with
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 3686599)
It's real easy to get into if you don't care about what happened in the other games.

Funky Fly 11-21-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splaya (Post 3686592)

Cancel all appointments and dates for the next 6 months or so.

The Phenom 11-21-2011 06:24 PM

Are there any duplication glitches like in oblivion. I would like know if anybody knows one.

D Mac 11-22-2011 01:00 AM

No we don't cheat around here.

Buzzkill 11-22-2011 01:08 AM

Just gonna pop in and say this is probably the most fun I've had playing a video game in 5 years.

Buzzkill 11-22-2011 01:47 AM

Playing a heavy armor nord, specialized in 2 handed warhammers with a bit of restoration and destruction.

Emperor Smeat 11-22-2011 05:28 PM

Someone managed to do a little digging to see what was hidden in the Skyrim disc and apparently some areas that were in Morrrowind and Cyrodiiil were discovered locked away.

It wasn't just a quick template or placeholder but ended up being a complete low-res version of Morrowind’s Solstheim and Vvardfell areas along with the Imperial City in Cyrodiil.

A few websites are thinking either these areas will become future DLC quests or expansion-like packs.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...ind-templates/