TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   ALL-IN / Can Cody Rhodes draw 10 people? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134319)

Evil Vito 01-10-2018 02:12 PM

Yes but you might get people who are big fans of PWG or Chikara opting to stay home and watch on iPPV.

If this show is hoping to draw 10k they need as little else going on that weekend in the wrestling world as possible. Especially since all three shows draw from the same fan pool.

Destor 01-10-2018 02:18 PM

Eh those show will be there when they get home. Its 2018.

#BROKEN Hasney 01-10-2018 03:55 PM

Yeah, called All In, which is a pretty good name for what they're doing.

So far Cody, The Bucks, Kenny Omega, Hangman Page, Marty Scurll and TV's Steven Amell.

Got 10.9k Twitter Followers in 4 hours. Now just gotta get dem buys.

BigCrippyZ 01-10-2018 04:08 PM

I didn't realize Cody Rhodes new gimmick was that of a tortured and struggling artist whose dream it was to draw 10 people! Is he attempting to draw 10 people on one canvas? If so, how big is the canvas? Is he going to draw the 10 people freehand? Water colors? Paint by numbers? What are the time restraints on completion of the drawing of 10 people? Can he last long enough to draw 10 people? That seems like it would push him to his limits. Does he even own an easel? I'm not sure if Cody can draw 10 people, especially without an easel.

#1-norm-fan 01-10-2018 04:24 PM

I'll go for TV's Steven Amell.

Emperor Smeat 01-10-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5070016)
If you need wrestlemania to draw your crowd then, and this might blow your mind, you didnt draw the crowd.

Yes but at the same time its also the only time of year where the pool of wrestling fans in a single location is at its largest. Its been a very effective tactic by indie companies for drawing their biggest crowds of the year since not everyone goes just to see WWE stuff during the week.

Although as a trade-off, you also have to deal with a lot more competition than usual because of the large number of shows held during the week by WWE and other indies.

Mr. Nerfect 01-10-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5070016)
If you need wrestlemania to draw your crowd then, and this might blow your mind, you didnt draw the crowd.

:lol:

Mr. Nerfect 01-10-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5070150)
Yes but at the same time its also the only time of year where the pool of wrestling fans in a single location is at its largest. Its been a very effective tactic by indie companies for drawing their biggest crowds of the year since not everyone goes just to see WWE stuff during the week.

Although as a trade-off, you also have to deal with a lot more competition than usual because of the large number of shows held during the week by WWE and other indies.

All Destor was saying is that when there are that many wrestling fans floating about, you just can't claim to have drew them in. ;)

Mr. Nerfect 01-10-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 5070114)
I didn't realize Cody Rhodes new gimmick was that of a tortured and struggling artist whose dream it was to draw 10 people! Is he attempting to draw 10 people on one canvas? If so, how big is the canvas? Is he going to draw the 10 people freehand? Water colors? Paint by numbers? What are the time restraints on completion of the drawing of 10 people? Can he last long enough to draw 10 people? That seems like it would push him to his limits. Does he even own an easel? I'm not sure if Cody can draw 10 people, especially without an easel.

BigCrippyZ! :love:

Destor 01-10-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5070158)
All Destor was saying is that when there are that many wrestling fans floating about, you just can't claim to have drew them in. ;)

Lol yeah, why do you think thwy were there? Your show is a time filler not the draw.

Destor 01-10-2018 06:07 PM

If youre the draw youd be working sundays

#BROKEN Hasney 01-10-2018 06:20 PM

Saw Cody reply to someone saying there will be at least one women's match at the show... I hope to god for his sake he doesn't book Brandi.

#1-norm-fan 01-10-2018 06:36 PM

Midgets too or I'm out.

Bad News Gertner 01-10-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED (Post 5070082)
Yes but you might get people who are big fans of PWG or Chikara opting to stay home and watch on iPPV.

If this show is hoping to draw 10k they need as little else going on that weekend in the wrestling world as possible. Especially since all three shows draw from the same fan pool.

Gonna be hard to get talent too with PWG especially running a show.

Ruien 01-10-2018 10:23 PM

Is it officially in Chicago? I may end up going. Probably not but maybe.

Jordan 01-10-2018 11:16 PM

Have Kenny and Cody worked each other yet?

Evil Vito 01-10-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragile X (Post 5070245)
Have Kenny and Cody worked each other yet?

No, but it seems imminent. Bullet Club looks like it'll be divided unless Cody fully usurps him and they go with a full blown face, stable-less Omega push.

That might be for the best because if they split into Bullet Club and The Elite.......the Bullet Club portion will likely be Cody, Fale, the Guerrilas of Destiny, Leo Tonga, Chase Owens, and Yujiro Takahashi. Nothing against them but yeah........that's essentially the nWo B-team.

Destor 01-10-2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5070234)
Gonna be hard to get talent too with PWG especially running a show.

Valid

Lock Jaw 01-11-2018 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 5070236)
Is it officially in Chicago? I may end up going. Probably not but maybe.

Bring 9,000 of your friends.

Danny Electric 01-11-2018 01:55 PM

Cody would get 20,000 people attending if he grew back his moustache.

Vastardikai 01-11-2018 02:12 PM

If he had the mustache and was wrestling Steve Blackman, they could sell out a stadium.

#BROKEN Hasney 01-11-2018 02:41 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTPKgb0U...pg&name=medium

Lock Jaw 01-11-2018 06:52 PM

If they get Glacier, they can def sell out

Ruien 01-11-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5070252)
Bring 9,000 of your friends.

There are about 4 people at work who would go. I am sure one of them will ask us to go honestly.

Mr. Nerfect 01-13-2018 02:21 PM

Cody vs. Kenny Omega is probably the biggest main event they can do without bringing in CM Punk pro bono. Jericho would probably work for chips too, but who would he face? Ibushi? I would actually like to see Dalton Castle vs. Chris Jericho. I'm sure ROH talent will be involved.

#BROKEN Hasney 01-16-2018 04:38 PM

Talent announcement at 7pm et today

#1-norm-fan 01-16-2018 05:58 PM

Need to find that blank "All In" background without a wrestler in it. For comedy purposes.

Mr. Nerfect 01-16-2018 06:31 PM

Listened to a really good podcast that shared my views, instead of the "Whoa, boy, give it a shot, lads!" naivety (as I perceive it). I want wrestling to be good outside WWE more than anything, but not sure that Cody Rhodes and The Bucks are the ones to do it.

Evil Vito 01-16-2018 10:49 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTtp_eSV4AAvKVk.jpg:large

Mr. Nerfect 01-16-2018 11:54 PM

He's desperate to get himself back out there.

Mr. Nerfect 01-18-2018 03:07 AM

Tessa Blanchard is hot, but is she going to be able to draw 10,000 people? From the back seats, it'll be hard to tell her apart from a Jackson.

Mr. Nerfect 01-18-2018 03:11 AM

Saw someone do this mock-up as the card:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTUOULKUMAIymO4.jpg:large

Not even certain that gets them to 10,000, to be honest. With the right promotion it would, but there is a lot of banking on Punk and Danielson returning to the ring. Ibushi, Omega, Cody, The Bucks, Neville and Scurll aren't going to draw.

SlickyTrickyDamon 01-18-2018 03:43 AM

WWE is trying hard to sign Kota.

Mr. Nerfect 01-18-2018 03:59 AM

I like Kota a lot. He's got that Tanahashi babyface vibe about him. If I were Kota I'd...maybe weight against it, just because the WWE is so fucking shit at booking babyfaces. And heels. And yeah. He can probably edge his way up into the Magnificent Seven Figure Club in New Japan and possibly be a pillar like Okada, Naito and Omega.

My heart really wants to see Kota Ibushi mix it up with AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura and Randy Orton on SmackDown over the WWE Championship (imagine a heel Orton against Ibushi before you judge me). But I just have no faith.

Mr. Nerfect 01-18-2018 04:04 AM

And my gut tells me that they don't let Neville go for walking out. I think they'd rather take the loss in the paychecks than see him go all over the world as the hot free agent that stuck it to them. And I imagine Daniel Bryan re-signs with WWE too. I think they'll pay him something like $5 million for 5 years, and Bryan has a family and a Bella brand to think about as well.

CM Punk is a guy that I can actually see re-signing with the WWE at some point, because they're going to need stars, and he's one of the few active guys they could feasibly book. Sure, he left on sour terms, but he's going to want to make that counter-lawsuit disappear, and he's going to need money and to regenerate that fan perception of him so he can keep banking out on his rep with other projects. He may look like a hypocrite for going back, but I think fans will lose themselves in it. And his thing was always the main event. If the Royal Rumble is in Chicago next year, don't be shocked if Punk enters, wins, and faces "Corporate Boy" Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 35. Neither will technically be a heel, but Punk will get free range to call Reigns on his shit, and Reigns can fire back (scripted, of course) to remind Punk that he took his ball and went home and said he'd never be back, but has come back for a shot a glory, etc.

It's Punk's clear shot and Vince arguably "needs" him more than ever. Taker, Cena and Brock are going to do it this year, but if Brock decides he's done, Taker goes and Cena just can't schedule around his Hollywood stuff...yikes.

Fignuts 01-18-2018 04:18 AM

Dunno if I see Kota signing with WWE. He won't even sign with NJPW, which allows more creative freedom. His family is loaded so he doesn't have to do anything for money.

Mr. Nerfect 01-18-2018 07:56 AM

I wonder if Nakamura is happy. Taking away the bullshit of how he's been handled and how he just feels like another guy at this point -- I wonder if he's happy.

Evil Vito 01-18-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5072945)
Tessa Blanchard is hot, but is she going to be able to draw 10,000 people? From the back seats, it'll be hard to tell her apart from a Jackson.

Noid, I like you man but posts like this just make it sound like you're actively rooting for this whole thing to flop just because you're not fond of the people running it.

They're gradually introducing the people who are booked, including the undercard, over the next few weeks/months until tickets go on sale. I don't see the problem with this.

Mr. Nerfect 01-18-2018 08:27 AM

I didn't say there was a problem with it?

Mr. Nerfect 01-18-2018 08:30 AM

Other than they have to pay her to be there.