TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   ALL-IN / Can Cody Rhodes draw 10 people? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134319)

kareru 05-29-2018 10:52 AM

ALL IN

Is anyone else excited for this?
10,000 tickets sold out in less than 30 minutes, and only 1 match has been announced
rumor has it that CM punk will show up, possibly have a match

Destor 05-29-2018 11:02 AM

0% he will have a match

Simple Fan 05-29-2018 11:05 AM

CM Punk is like the least thing I'm interested in about for the show, never been a fan of his anyway. I'd be alright if they stream the show and he's on commentary though.

RP 05-29-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5128322)
0% he will have a match

His MMA fight is before this PPV right? If so, i'd give it more of a chance.

RP 05-29-2018 11:15 AM

If his fight is after ALL IN, then ya. Zero chance.

I'm just annoyed they couldnt get some PPV rights going on this thing. I might have bought.

Simple Fan 05-29-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5128328)
If his fight is after ALL IN, then ya. Zero chance.

I'm just annoyed they couldnt get some PPV rights going on this thing. I might have bought.

Still possible and they said they had meeting this week to talk about it. They didn't drop a new Being the Elite yesterday so they might have been busy with said meetings.

mike adamle 05-29-2018 04:44 PM

What would Punk even do? Face Okada? That I could get behind. Maybe Punk vs. Pentagon Jr. but other than that their's not much I'd like to see him do. But either of those would make up for that lack luster Magnus-Rhodes match.

#1-norm-fan 05-29-2018 08:06 PM

Punk vs Omega would be awesome to see. Won't happen though.

mike adamle 05-29-2018 08:53 PM

Eh, that doesn't sound very interesting. Okada-Punk and Omega-Pentagon would be a sick 1-2 punch though.

Jordan 05-29-2018 08:54 PM

I don't think you should get in your head that Punk is a lock that is just wishful thinking.

mike adamle 05-29-2018 08:59 PM

If Punk doesn't wrestle it's gonna be a garbage show

Simple Fan 05-29-2018 09:20 PM

Punk wrestling would be the garbage show.

Destor 05-29-2018 09:28 PM

Punk comes in to work one night on the big show...hmm...sounds familiar

Mr. Nerfect 05-29-2018 09:43 PM

Honestly, if Punk were willing to work, with those tickets already sold, I don't know why you wouldn't just do an angle so you can come back and do the match.

Mr. Nerfect 05-29-2018 09:44 PM

Also, I know he has got some issues with Vince, but Punk seems the sort to make sure he gets paid a lot. I don't know why they would throw money into the dude's bank account when they didn't need to make a promise of him wrestling. They got there without him.

Simple Fan 05-31-2018 07:38 PM

slik 06-01-2018 03:56 AM

Really good video package

Jordan 06-02-2018 08:44 AM

Yeah I agree. This is the way to build a promotion.

Jordan 06-02-2018 08:48 AM

I can't believe I'm saying this but I love Cody Rhodes now. He's a main eventer now, he's a top guy.

Nicky Fives 06-02-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X (Post 5129552)
I can't believe I'm saying this but I love Cody Rhodes now. He's a main eventer now, he's a top guy.

Like many guys in WWE, he always was, just needed a chance.

Destor 06-02-2018 01:26 PM

He wasnt then and isnt now. Medium fish in s small pond

Lock Jaw 06-02-2018 04:13 PM

I haven't seen too much of Cody after WWE, but to me he feels very much "less" than he did in WWE.

He feels a lot more like he is "pretending" to be something he isn't, he doesn't seem as "real", judging by that video his gear is terrible, and all around he feels very "indie" now instead of "big league".

Ruien 06-02-2018 06:17 PM

Fake it until you make it.

slik 06-02-2018 07:21 PM

I agree w/ Ruien

slik 06-02-2018 07:23 PM

I've watched a couple of those NWA 'Ten Pounds of Gold' videos now. I dig the approach they are using, a little more 'up close/grounded'. I haven't really watched the NWA product recently though, so I can't comment on the wrestling itself.

Simple Fan 06-03-2018 12:36 PM

If you've watch the Ten Pounds of Gold then you've seen their product. They don't have anyone except Aldis and maybe Jocephus who has a title shot but they just go from promotion to promotion defending the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship.

Droford 06-04-2018 06:03 PM

If they actually run AI2 at MSG this year that will be something

Jordan 06-05-2018 12:18 AM

It would be something for sure. It would be incredible. They could run during WM week. But the downside is that they will have to pay an arm and a leg to get there. And the even bigger downside is that if they stream it, they will have to pay an arm, a leg, and some balls because it will be very expensive to shoot TV at MSG, much less rent the venue. But to be fair, smaller kickboxing and boxing shows run MSG all the time with shitty turn outs. At least ALL IN would sell out.

Mr. Nerfect 06-05-2018 08:22 AM

Cody feels like a mid-card wrestler playing main eventer.

erickman 06-05-2018 09:36 AM

well the end of this year some non wwe wrestling company booked msg, I don't know how they did it wcw with ted turner couldn't even do that. how did vince let that happen?

Jordan 06-05-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erickman (Post 5130492)
well the end of this year some non wwe wrestling company booked msg, I don't know how they did it wcw with ted turner couldn't even do that. how did vince let that happen?

I read that it could be JCW. Juggalo Championshit Wrestling. They have a huge fanbase and a shit load of money that they suck from them. Vince doesn't have an exclusive with MSG anymore. They do a few house shows because that is a lot less expensive than the contract to broadcast from MSG. Booking Barclays is almost half as expensive as booking MSG.

Jordan 06-05-2018 11:13 AM

It would be worth renting MSG if they were able to organize some kind of "War of the Worlds" show where they got talent from all major non WWE companies to compete in the same venue on one night. Which I guess they already do lol, but they could market it as such and try to figure some big deals to bring in.

Jordan 06-05-2018 11:19 AM

NVM I just read that AAA is the company rumored to have a hold on MSG.

Jordan 06-05-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

The September date AAA has a hold for on New York City's Madison Square Garden is indeed for the major 20,789-seat arena.

PWInsider.com is told that while WWE would technically have the right of first refusal on the date based on their agreement with the venue, the larger story at play here is that MSG management isn't happy that WWE has been running the majority of their events in the New York City market at the nearby Barclay Center in Brooklyn, NY.

The tipping point appears to have been WWE making the decision to run all of their Wrestlemania 35 week events in 2019 at Barclays, leaving MSG in the cold. Wrestlemania 1, 10 and 20 were held at MSG as was the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony in 2013, the last time Wrestlemania was held in the NYC market.

With WWE electing not to run Wrestlemania week at the legendary venue, MSG management has been more open than ever before to allowing other pro wrestling groups into the venue. We are told they have sent feelers out to different groups and are more open to booking non-WWE events than ever before. That may or may not have been why Ring of Honor teased "All In 2" potentially coming to the Garden over the weekend.

Of course, MSG and the Barclays have been competing for the same touring acts since the Barclays officially opened in 2012, so all of these moves may be the Garden's way of trying to leverage WWE into running their facility more often. The Garden historically was WWE's most important venue for many, many, many decades.

No other wrestling promotion has ever run MSG since the advent of the McMahon family's relationship with the legendary venue. From time to time, the adjacent Theater in Madison Square Garden has hosted pro wrestling events, including WCW, AAA and the original Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, but those events have been very rare.

pwinsider

erickman 06-05-2018 12:13 PM

AAA so msg could turn into the impact zone never thought that could happen

Emperor Smeat 06-05-2018 04:26 PM

Just from a historic nature alone, kind of crazy someone else besides WWE is going to run a show in MSG. Guess the equivalent would be if WWE ran a show today in Arena Mexico or the Tokyo Dome for how big of a deal this is.

Probably the best for Cody and ROH it wasn't them running this show since the level of pettiness and wrath from the WWE would have been a new high. Bad enough that both are pretty much on WWE's shit list (Cody for All In's success, ROH for being seen as a threat even if its just a minor one).

erickman 06-05-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5130602)
Just from a historic nature alone, kind of crazy someone else besides WWE is going to run a show in MSG. Guess the equivalent would be if WWE ran a show today in Arena Mexico or the Tokyo Dome for how big of a deal this is.

Probably the best for Cody and ROH it wasn't them running this show since the level of pettiness and wrath from the WWE would have been a new high. Bad enough that both are pretty much on WWE's shit list (Cody for All In's success, ROH for being seen as a threat even if its just a minor one).

yeah I am thinking goldust will give curt hawlkins his 1st win in over 200 matches.

any wrestler that wrestles in this msg show will have a hard time going to the wwe any time soon.

erickman 06-07-2018 12:44 PM

going by keeping it 100 podcast today konan said it is some south amarican network fitting the bill for AAA doing the garden, damn good for konan.

Emperor Smeat 06-11-2018 03:06 AM

According to Voice of Wrestling, there are rumored plans for CM Punk to be involved in All In but only in a non-wrestling role. Also are dependent on how his fight in UFC went which is why it could get shelved and why its not for a wrestling appearance.

Enzo is also rumored to be desperately trying to get booked for this show but to no success so far.

Jordan 06-11-2018 11:33 AM

I would think that someone completely squashing Real1 would be a good layer for the show.