TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Elite Wrestling (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135828)

weather vane 04-22-2024 02:48 PM

AEW best wrestling promotion ever.

Tom Guycott 04-23-2024 07:05 AM

Wow. I haven't been able to log into TPWW for like a month or so... what'd I miss? :shifty:

In all seriousness, I am aware of all the goings-on that, contrary to popular truth, started right before the Ariel Halwani interview dropped. Tony Khan tried to poke fun at Eric Bischoff publicly on teh Twitter machine about how he was a "shitty businessman". Then proceeded to roll consecutive natural 1's on just about any type of check that emerged about the state of his buisiness, his talent, the ill fated airing of security footage that only served to vindicate the guy they were trying to demonize and currently works across the street, etc., etc.

But, it's good to see that I could post this before everything goes off the rails again and leaves me unable to comment on any of it here in real time.

Tom Guycott 04-23-2024 07:05 AM

... I even forgot I changed my profile pic!

Bad News Gertner 04-25-2024 06:28 PM

Down to 683,000 viewers this week

Lock Jaw 04-25-2024 08:18 PM

RIP AEW

weather vane 04-25-2024 08:32 PM

AEW is the best.

The Fraze 04-26-2024 06:03 AM

Dynamite was so terrible but, um, I loved the ending. Tony Khan's selling was hilarious but really, I thought the angle was great.

Mr. Nerfect 05-02-2024 07:59 AM

Of course TPWW goes down right before AEW becomes hilariously bad. Showing the footage that proved Punk’s story? Amazing. Forced rah-rah promos with no context? Delicious. Tony Khan getting involved in angles and selling like that? Gravy. Now you’ve got Dave Meltzer lying extra hard about Punk being responsible for Colt Cabana’s “firing” (he never got fired). But, um, Dave:

Why has Colt Cabana only been used roughly once since CM Punk has been gone if it was CM Punk’s fault?

This promotion is imploding and beginning to cannibalize itself at an extraordinary rate. You can’t say it isn’t deserved.

Mr. Nerfect 05-02-2024 10:10 PM

AEW got 703k viewers this week. :lol:

Dave is doing his best to defend them. I don’t know if it’s fake, but Dave is claiming that if they did something this good years ago when they were cool, it would be hot. Dave’s said a lot of ridiculous things lately, but that might take the cake (if true).

AEW sucks, fans. Pure and simple. Years of bad television will erode your viewership. There are things that the remaining people do not want to see and AEW is jamming it down their throats. And the negative press, the shitty looking crowds and the attention drawn to their shitty ratings turns more and more people off.

Mr. Nerfect 05-03-2024 04:22 AM

They got something like 630k viewers if you factor in their 3rd hour of television (like they do for Raw).

The Fraze 05-03-2024 05:39 AM

AEW is embarrassingly bad, but I am interested in this angle with Tony Khan.

Mr. Nerfect 05-03-2024 06:58 AM

That’s your prerogative, man. Do you genuinely enjoy it, as in you think it is good? Or is it like an ironic and detached enjoyment?

I think my favorite thing about it is how little sense it makes. TK fired Punk for facelocking someone. Something worse happens several times a show every week. Now he’s getting beaten up and can’t fire the culprits because they’re EVPs? Jack Perry isn’t an EVP. It’s all hilariously pieced together.

Mr. Nerfect 05-03-2024 07:46 AM

Ethan Page has left AEW. I’m sure he won’t be the last. I haven’t seen much, but I’ve heard he’s got talent. I wouldn’t be shocked to hear WWE picked him up (he also seems to have some friends worth impressing), but if not, TNA with Josh Alexander and Matt Hardy there makes sense.

Lock Jaw 05-03-2024 08:19 AM

Putting the world title on Christian is the only way to save the company.