TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Elite Wrestling (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135828)

xrodmuc316 03-12-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon (Post 5435319)
Literally only you and the saddest poster on TPWW care

LOL I'm sorry but I think it's funny when they frame something that means nothing like it is so great triumph.

Grossing $7,000,000.00 means absolutely nothing, yet they are bragging about it. To me, that is funny, and again to me, it is funny that anybody is buying that it is an accomplishment.

You do realize there is a reason why they aren't bragging about what the Net was, right?

And maybe I am the only one who cares about the truth instead of believing all the carny nonsense they try to spin. Getting upset that I'm not "All In" on every propaganda story seems pretty sad to me.

Emperor Smeat 03-12-2021 10:14 PM

That's not that far off from what WWE gets on average for their monthly PPVs on the Network.

$10 at around 1 million paid subscribers on average comes out to $10 million for gross revenue in the US and around $15 million when including global.

Even when factoring in the different costs eating into it for WWE and AEW, the gap probably isn't that huge in the end since WWE's costs are much higher than AEW in general.

xrodmuc316 03-12-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5435368)
That's not that far off from what WWE gets on average for their monthly PPVs on the Network.

$10 at around 1 million paid subscribers on average comes out to $10 million for gross revenue in the US and around $15 million when including global.

Even when factoring in the different costs eating into it for WWE and AEW, the gap probably isn't that huge in the end since WWE's costs are much higher than AEW in general.

WWE reports profits as a publicly traded company.

AEW has Dave Meltzer spin grossing $7 million.

It's not the same thing.

Volare 03-12-2021 10:38 PM

You're right, from now to be counted as successful you must make one billion in your first year or you are a failure.

By the way, there are only 135 companies in the U.S. that are worth that much. So everyone but those 135 suck ass (including you and me I guess.)

xrodmuc316 03-12-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 5435374)
You're right, from now to be counted as successful you must make one billion in your first year or you are a failure.

By the way, there are only 135 companies in the U.S. that are worth that much. So everyone but those 135 suck ass (including you and me I guess.)

No, the people who take an irrelevant number and portray it for something that it is not are the only ones that suck ass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5435348)
You do realize there is a reason why they aren't bragging about what the Net was, right?

That is the only logical question.

drave 03-13-2021 07:53 AM

lol, they can hit all the marks they want, you'll keep moving those goal posts to bitch about something else.

#1-norm-fan 03-13-2021 09:04 AM

Motherfucker seriously flipped out because AEW’s PPV numbers were reported in a way that was too positive for his liking. Amazing. :lol:

Volare 03-13-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5435430)
Motherfucker seriously flipped out.

Jordan 03-13-2021 10:17 AM

I think the PPV numbers are a big accomplishment. Xrod has a point to some extent, but I think failing to realize how many companies have tried to meet a goal as large as what AEW has just hit. Many companies have tried to run PPV and fallen far short of this or any AEW number. NJPW, ROH, TNA/Impact, AAA, MLW and of course as mentioned WCW. I understand Rod's specific annoyance with the brag but this is what promotion is. WWE straight up lie's ever year they hold Mania by adding 10-20,000 or more to attendance. AEW has accomplished more in it's two years than any company outside of WWE in over 2 decades. From the initial ticket demand, PPV numbers that continue to grow, TV ratings which stand among the top of the list every Wednesday and of course the TV rights deal which outside of WWE is the biggest ever.

The perspective to take is not "oh they still haven't beaten WWE", I don't think that's what anyone is saying. People are praising the success that when compared to any other promotion in the last 20 years is far and above at the top. Some of the AEW die hard's here are obviously incredibly supportive and proud of the product and it's success. I think it's worth mentioning that AEW, Tony and the EVP's early on all said that their goal wasn't to "beat WWE" but to become a viable alternative and successful in it's own world. Which they have done and hopefully continue to do.

xrodmuc316 03-13-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5435430)
Motherfucker seriously flipped out because AEW’s PPV numbers were reported in a way that was too positive for his liking. Amazing. :lol:

Not flipped out, not angry, just amused.

xrodmuc316 03-13-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X (Post 5435443)
I think the PPV numbers are a big accomplishment. Xrod has a point to some extent, but I think failing to realize how many companies have tried to meet a goal as large as what AEW has just hit. Many companies have tried to run PPV and fallen far short of this or any AEW number. NJPW, ROH, TNA/Impact, AAA, MLW and of course as mentioned WCW. I understand Rod's specific annoyance with the brag but this is what promotion is. WWE straight up lie's ever year they hold Mania by adding 10-20,000 or more to attendance. AEW has accomplished more in it's two years than any company outside of WWE in over 2 decades. From the initial ticket demand, PPV numbers that continue to grow, TV ratings which stand among the top of the list every Wednesday and of course the TV rights deal which outside of WWE is the biggest ever.

The perspective to take is not "oh they still haven't beaten WWE", I don't think that's what anyone is saying. People are praising the success that when compared to any other promotion in the last 20 years is far and above at the top. Some of the AEW die hard's here are obviously incredibly supportive and proud of the product and it's success. I think it's worth mentioning that AEW, Tony and the EVP's early on all said that their goal wasn't to "beat WWE" but to become a viable alternative and successful in it's own world. Which they have done and hopefully continue to do.

You are 100% right, and for the record, I call bullshit on WWE's inflated attendance numbers too.

#1-norm-fan 03-13-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5435447)
Not flipped out, not angry, just amused.

Well, however you wanna describe your reaction... holy fuck. It was really far less than you’re making it out to be.

#1-norm-fan 03-13-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5435150)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per Meltzer in this week's WON, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AEWRevolution?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AEWRevolution</a> grossed around $7 million dollars in PPV buys, making it the highest-grossing non-WWE show in the US since 1999.<br><br>B/R Live numbers up 50%. 20-40% increase in international streaming numbers. Record number of buys, too.</p>&mdash; Andy H. Murray (@andyhmurray) <a href="https://twitter.com/andyhmurray/status/1370373260492308484?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Based on your reaction to THIS tweet, it’s like someone hailed AEW Revolution as the beginning of the end for WWE or any company that may dare challenge them on their climb to entertainment supremacy.

It’s literally just stating the numbers and giving historical relevance and you saw that and decided it was bragging so much that you needed to stop the injustice.

Jordan 03-13-2021 11:09 AM

I want to start a new discussion

Who on the AEW Roster that appears on Dynamite are you ready for Tony to cut ties with when their contract is up? Who are you tired of seeing?

This for me is kind of tough because I often feel this way for certain talents. And if AEW is going to be bringing in disgruntled former WWE talents they will have to make some room.

1. Kip Sabian (sorry Slik). This guy really don't do it for me, and I can't really see a way that he becomes a drawing card in any way as a heel or babyface.

2. Miro, I'm not ready to say "don't resign him" but there is just something about his in ring work that bores the shit out of me even when he's at his best. Letting him run his own gimmick with his video game fandom and his designer dork wear also does absolutely nothing for me. I love his look, he looks awesome but his work on the mic and in the ring never matches that potential for me. He hasn't had a great chance at a good match yet so I am willing to give him a go with one of the top stars. But I don't expect my opinion to change. I really think he was botched from the start. Kind of an impulse signing when they didn't have a great story for him to make much of an impact.

3. Jake Hagger. He's really done nothing of consequence minus his matches with Moxley and Wardlow. Every other match has been boring and he is death on the mic. I don't see the point, he's not adding value anywhere in my opinion. I'd let his contract be one and done at the end of it.

4. Matt Sydal. I just don't really see the point in this guy, he has no character at all and quickly became just another guy. Why don't they attempt to do something unique with him? Otherwise what is the point?

5. Jim Ross. There is no longer credibility added to the broadcast by JR. He just doesn't fit in and has too many bouts of seeping negativity. If they need to keep him around then perhaps an advisory role or something backstage but for the love of God he's gotta go. They have a lot of people who could replace him, or just have a two man booth with Excalibur and Tony. JR doesn't come off like a fan of AEW to me he's coming off like he's trying to like the show more often than not. When I read that Joey Styles recently trademarked his name, it gave me some hope. How cool would it be to see Styles, Excalibur and Schiavone on Dynamite regularly?

There are other talents I feel that are stalled. Hobbs for instance has sucked since joining Team Tazz, he should've stayed a babyface for sure. QT and Dustin should be dealt a better hand than they've gotten recently. The style they bring is too valuable to be left behind with all the high flyers in AEW. The entire Dark Order other than John Silver seems quite aimless right now, I don't know that all of them will need to be there long term. Luchasarus will need to go heel eventually, and learn a less or two from Paul Wight. He could be something but his attempt at being a giant cruiserweight isn't going to work long term no matter how the crowd will pop for his spots. Crowd pops ain't sustaining interest.

A lot of my other problem performers have been relegated to Dark which I never watch anymore so that's good news for me.

Lock Jaw 03-13-2021 11:22 AM

Forgot to mention "lol" at JR's reaction to Christian's music hitting being ".... the hell is that?"

I'd even have taken Michael Cole yelling "OH MY! Could it be?!" over that reaction.

Volare 03-13-2021 11:55 AM

That was really really bland you are right.

drave 03-13-2021 12:50 PM

But 100% accurate. Who the fuck would recognize Christian's 2 themes.

Blue Luchador Masked wrestler: El Cage

or gtfo.

xrodmuc316 03-13-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5435450)
Based on your reaction to THIS tweet, it’s like someone hailed AEW Revolution as the beginning of the end for WWE or any company that may dare challenge them on their climb to entertainment supremacy.

It’s literally just stating the numbers and giving historical relevance and you saw that and decided it was bragging so much that you needed to stop the injustice.

And I made an initial joke about it, why are they bragging about beating Impact PPV. It wasn't a big deal at all to me. But in typical TPWW fashion, there had to a rally against anything not 100% blind support towards AEW. So I simply mentioned there is a reason they aren't reporting the Net Profit.

Clearly it was originally me thinking it's a funny thing to brag about. I can't help it that people are so sensitive that they can't tell when I start out a post with "LOL" that it is funny, not a tirade.

Volare 03-13-2021 03:20 PM

https://scontent.ffcm1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...b4&oe=60737767

Volare 03-13-2021 10:26 PM

Posting it here cause I'm sure it'll be tied into something...

SPOILER: show
FinJuice defeated Impact World Tag Team Champions The Good Brothers to become the NEW CHAMPIONS!

Emperor Smeat 03-13-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 5435547)
Posting it here cause I'm sure it'll be tied into something...

FinJuice defeated Impact World Tag Team Champions The Good Brothers to become the NEW CHAMPIONS!

FinJuice helping out Christian or Eddie Kingston in their feud against Omega & Pals in AEW would be very interesting if it happens.

Since both guys also worked for TNA/Impact in the past, Impact gets something big to hype up for a return appearance at a future show.

Emperor Smeat 03-14-2021 04:14 PM

According to Wrestlenomics, current estimates for Revolution pay-per-view buys are around 125,000.

Would break AEW's all-time record for PPV buys by 20k that was previously held by last year's Double or Nothing event.

Also based on updated estimates, AEW is now currently expected to have made $5 million in gross revenues from the event and around $1.4 million in net profits after revenue splits and costs are factored in.

Even with the new lower revenues estimates, Revolution would still be the highest grossing revenues non-WWE event since 1999.

xrodmuc316 03-14-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5435620)
According to Wrestlenomics, current estimates for Revolution pay-per-view buys are around 125,000.

Would break AEW's all-time record for PPV buys by 20k that was previously held by last year's Double or Nothing event.

Also based on updated estimates, AEW is now currently expected to have made $5 million in gross revenues from the event and around $1.4 million in net profits after revenue splits and costs are factored in.

Even with the new lower revenues estimates, Revolution would still be the highest grossing revenues non-WWE event since 1999.

A net profit of $1.4 million is a much better number to hype. It's not a large number in the grand scheme of things, but making a 7 figure profit for one night is a success.

Edit:How does Meltzer seriously keep making money in this industry, he is never right!

erickman 03-15-2021 07:24 PM

anyone watching dark tonight

Volare 03-15-2021 07:53 PM

On and off, working on some stuff for my game as well.

Volare 03-15-2021 07:53 PM

Paul Wight is really damn solid behind the desk.

erickman 03-15-2021 07:54 PM

paul is not to bad on color

erickman 03-15-2021 08:06 PM

damn this is on the same time as raw

Mr. Nerfect 03-16-2021 05:02 AM

Hahaha, Tony Khan has appeared as a GM even though he said that he wouldn’t do that shit. Tony Shiavone tried to kayfabe it on Twitter. This is amazing.

xrodmuc316 03-16-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5435985)
Hahaha, Tony Khan has appeared as a GM even though he said that he wouldn’t do that shit. Tony Shiavone tried to kayfabe it on Twitter. This is amazing.

He is about 6 months away from becoming WCW Vince Russo.

Emperor Smeat 03-16-2021 09:01 PM

Cody vs. Penta is kicking off tomorrow's show based on AEW's paid ad segment on Impact tonight.

Tom Guycott 03-16-2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5436053)
He is about 6 months away from becoming WCW Vince Russo.

Then he skipped the step where he is shot from the back while he sits in a big chair and only his hands are visible onscreen like he's Dr. Claw.

Bro.

rez 03-17-2021 12:28 AM

Someone recap me on Nerfect retweets from not watching television. thanks

rez 03-17-2021 12:28 AM

moron

rez 03-17-2021 12:29 AM

pathetic noid spends more time looking at tweets than watching youtube recaps

rez 03-17-2021 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5435985)

If you bothered to follow the live threads we addressed that but go ahead and be edgy aboot it. :rofl:

drave 03-17-2021 07:24 AM

Don't misunderstand. He's excited because they are doing things like "kayfabe" and other things. Let him be amazed. :rofl:

screech 03-17-2021 08:14 AM

Kinda sad that "person in rasslin lied" amazes anyone at this point, but to each his own!

Evil Vito 03-17-2021 08:15 AM

Wish TPWW hid quoted posts from people you have on ignore. It's the only exposure I have to their idiocy at this point.

Impeccable 03-17-2021 08:29 AM

Just got around to watching Dark Elevation.

I really enjoyed Paul Wight on comms.

Like many, I'm feeling JR is not quite all there. Tony K must surely be looking at succession planning for JR.

If JR is there for recognition factor, and Tony K wants the familiar voice / face on comms greeting fans to Dynamite, then potentially he has a comms team here with Tony Schiavone and Paul Wight. Tony on pbp and Wight on colour would give a familiar voice to existing AeW fans and older WCW fans, as well as a familiar face in Wight with casual WWE fans recognising him.