TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Elite Wrestling (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135828)

Damian Rey 2.0 02-22-2022 12:52 PM

I checked out at zodiac sign lol

Damian Rey 2.0 02-22-2022 12:54 PM

And yes, being friends with your boss is a bad idea. It’s bound to lead to conflict and awkward moments. Tony is an idiot for fraternizing as well.

Damian Rey 2.0 02-22-2022 12:57 PM

The GTA franchise is a prime example that passable graphics are more than accepted if the game itself is good to great.

Mr. Nerfect 02-22-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5526118)
I imagine Cody Rhodes was probably a character they considered "safe" to heavily develop....

Precisely. And they’re signing people every week. Is Keith Lee or AQA going to make the game? What about Shane Strickland and Jeff Hardy? And is JR going to be lending voices just to be gone when his deal is up? The game could feel very dated as soon as it comes out.

Mr. Nerfect 02-22-2022 01:24 PM

I’ve been friends with bosses. I’ve never experienced an issue. I find it way harder when you’re the boss.

Mr. Nerfect 02-22-2022 01:25 PM

Anyone who leads with their zodiac sign is a bit of an idiot, but then again, so is anyone who signs Big Swole to a wrestling contract.

drave 02-22-2022 01:45 PM

Hello. WWE games from anytime would like to speak with you.

drave 02-22-2022 01:46 PM

I bring that up because its the only other popular console wrestling game. Slap any fed that exists in place of WWE - same issue.

xrodmuc316 02-22-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5526078)
Does it draw viewers or money? No.

Xrodmuc, educate the man

I dont even know who Walter is, so I cannot in good faith predict his possible success.

ron the dial 02-22-2022 02:03 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

xrodmuc316 02-22-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 (Post 5526139)
Tony is an idiot

Yes, he is :rofl:

xrodmuc316 02-22-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

“We had this bonding moment, and then we got in front of his friends,” Dax Harwood continued to say. “X-Pac, Hunter, Billy [Gunn], Road Dogg, Scott [Hall], and as soon as we got in front of his friends, he started making fun of me and making fun of my situation and what happened with my bicep. I was like man I just poured my heart out to you and as soon as we get in front of your friends, cause we’re going over that they’re going to beat the s--t out of us, you decide to take all of that stuff and make fun of me about it?”
Shawn Michaels made fun of me :'(:(:'(

HBKBAD :rofl:

ron the dial 02-22-2022 02:50 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

drave 02-22-2022 02:54 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:1!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::D :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Evil Vito 02-22-2022 02:56 PM

If X-Rod were a Disney character

https://c.tenor.com/SaaKRgsbbO8AAAAC...king-hyena.gif

Mr. Nerfect 02-22-2022 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dravehausen (Post 5526158)
Hello. WWE games from anytime would like to speak with you.

Outside of the legends, there are like 4 people scheduled to be in the game that aren’t with the company.

Jordan 02-22-2022 03:05 PM

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/mlfuu3Nd6TVm0" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/okkultmotionpictures-betty-boop-mlfuu3Nd6TVm0">via GIPHY</a></p>

Jordan 02-22-2022 03:05 PM

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3o6ZsUp0NYl56oEpyw" width="480" height="262" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/3o6ZsUp0NYl56oEpyw">via GIPHY</a></p>

Evil Vito 02-22-2022 03:57 PM

I'm going tomorrow and while I have zero doubt it'll be a lot of fun...I'll admit, it's kinda lousy timing getting a show 2 weeks before a PPV. Based on what has been announced so far it feels like a definite "playing it safe" show compared to some of the loaded Dynamites of recent months.

Still, PAC/Penta vs. House of Black should end up getting a ton of time and will absolutely rule. Andrade/Sammy on Rampage too.

drave 02-22-2022 04:51 PM

what's the magic number of talent not on rosters before games come out. I need to know when it's okay and not.

Sepholio 02-22-2022 06:33 PM

Eleventeen.

XL 02-22-2022 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5526192)
Outside of the legends, there are like 4 people scheduled to be in the game that aren’t with the company.

There’s at least double that, and they haven’t finished revealing the roster. I’d expect at least 3-4 more.

Jordan 02-22-2022 06:42 PM

Who are you expecting to be out of date? You don't think they can't remove Cody? Who else, Big Swole? The game is also likely to feature legends like Jake Roberts, Arn Anderson, Taz, Billy Gunn and Paul Wight. Not to mention Owen Hart and Brodie Lee.

xrodmuc316 02-22-2022 07:21 PM

If it doesnt have an angle where Tony Khan comes out crying and stomping his feet, it will be just another unrealistic wrestling game.

Sepholio 02-22-2022 07:40 PM

I can't wait for the cutscene of him getting a group hug to cheer him up.

Evil Vito 02-22-2022 07:48 PM

https://i.gifer.com/XuV.gif

When X-Rod came up from the basement and saw Tony Khan climbing off of his mom.

xrodmuc316 02-22-2022 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Vito (Post 5526233)
https://i.gifer.com/XuV.gif

When X-Rod came up from the basement and saw Tony Khan climbing off of his mom.

Dont think anybody not named Fido or Lassie has to worry about catching Tony with their mom. :rofl:

ron the dial 02-22-2022 11:56 PM

love to see the beastiality angle being thrown into the rotation

xrodmuc316 02-22-2022 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron the dial (Post 5526296)
love to see the beastiality angle being thrown into the rotation

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5524804)
Tony Khan when Shad walks in... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ron the dial 02-22-2022 11:58 PM

also left yourself wide open for a "your mom IS dog" jokes come on be sensible man

ron the dial 02-22-2022 11:58 PM

yeah no bro I read the posts here

xrodmuc316 02-23-2022 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Vito (Post 5526233)

Also, that might be the best Community episode of the entire series!

Mr. Nerfect 02-23-2022 12:43 AM

Is Tony into female dogs, or is he solely down for jackin’ off the males?

XL 02-23-2022 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dravehausen (Post 5526126)
If you remove your bias for Omega and instead focus on the game, you could make better points.

So far, the game seems to play like the old school N64 wrestling games (No Mercy, WCW v NWO, etc.). If that is actually the case, that aspect alone will be enough to be a very successful game. Those games worked well because they were easy to play, and very fun to play.

Nintendo has shown that graphics are not the desire of every gamer, not even close. Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, for example, looks "okay" but not "good" by today's standards, or even when it was made.

In terms of it being compared to WWE games...... if it does indeed play like the games above, it will destroy any game WWE puts out. 2k22 is looking like "more of the same" with a few changes. In my gamer opinion, they shit the bed by only scanning a portion of their roster. When you have someone who has been scanned vs someone who hasn't, its is blatantly obvious and makes the product look worse.

I don’t think it will matter if it’s a better game, it won’t sell like the WWE games. That said, if it does decent numbers in the key sales demo then we can all celebrate.

xrodmuc316 02-23-2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron the dial (Post 5526300)
also left yourself wide open for a "your mom IS dog" jokes come on be sensible man

LOL nope I am safe, my name is neither Fido or Lassie :D

ron the dial 02-23-2022 09:38 AM

jfc

Fignuts 02-23-2022 09:38 AM

I have never understood the obsession that wresting game fans have with games being "outdated".

The game releases with wrestlers that are no longer with the company? So fucking what? It's more people to play as.

So and so debuted recently and didn't make it into the game? Well yeah, developing a character in a video game takes time, and wrestling moves at a breakneck pace. Of course it's going to be outdated on release. It's a non issue anyways. Create a wrestler is so advanced nowadays that you can even put people's faces into games. Even in fire pro for fucks sake. Anyone that's missing will be filled in within a week of release.

Evil Vito 02-23-2022 09:56 AM

Adam Cole
Adam Page
Andrade El Idolo
Anna Jay
Arn Anderson
Billy Gunn
Brandi Rhodes
Britt Baker
Brodie Lee
Bryan Danielson
Cash Wheeler
Chris Jericho
Christian Cage
Christopher Daniels
Chuck Taylor
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Darby Allin
Dax Harwood
Dustin Rhodes
Eddie Kingston
Ethan Page
Evil Uno
Frankie Kazarian
Hikaru Shida
Isiah Kassidy
Jade Cargill
Jake Hager
Jake Roberts
Jon Moxley
Jungle Boy
Kenny Omega
Kris Statlander
Lance Archer
Luchasaurus
Malakai Black
Mark Henry
Marq Quen
Matt Hardy
Matt Jackson
Miro
MJF
Nick Jackson
Nyla Rose
Orange Cassidy
Ortiz
Owen Hart
PAC
Paul Wight
Penta El Cero Miedo
Powerhouse Hobbs
Rey Fenix
Ricky Starks
Riho
Ruby Soho
Sammy Guevara
Santana
Scorpio Sky
Shawn Spears
Sting
Stu Grayson
Tay Conti
Taz
The Blade
The Bunny
The Butcher
Thunder Rosa
Trent Beretta
Tully Blanchard
Wardlow

That is a roster of 70, using AEW Grand Slam as a rough cut off point for who might've been deemed "important" enough to be in the game at the time along with various legends including throwback versions of managers, announcers etc. While I've always been someone who focuses on the current roster...gamers tend to love having some legends in there.

Honestly though who the hell would complain about that kind of lineup? Yeah, it doesn't have everybody, but it was never going to. You could chop 10 "bubble" people off of this and it'd still be a nice blend of characters people want to play as. The gameplay is far more important than anything else.

drave 02-23-2022 09:58 AM

IMO it is also a better practice than taking current superstars and locking them behind DLC Paywalls :(

Mr. Nerfect 02-23-2022 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Vito (Post 5526430)
Adam Cole
Adam Page
Andrade El Idolo
Anna Jay
Arn Anderson
Billy Gunn
Brandi Rhodes
Britt Baker
Brodie Lee
Bryan Danielson
Cash Wheeler
Chris Jericho
Christian Cage
Christopher Daniels
Chuck Taylor
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Darby Allin
Dax Harwood
Dustin Rhodes
Eddie Kingston
Ethan Page
Evil Uno
Frankie Kazarian
Hikaru Shida
Isiah Kassidy
Jade Cargill
Jake Hager
Jake Roberts
Jon Moxley
Jungle Boy
Kenny Omega
Kris Statlander
Lance Archer
Luchasaurus
Malakai Black
Mark Henry
Marq Quen
Matt Hardy
Matt Jackson
Miro
MJF
Nick Jackson
Nyla Rose
Orange Cassidy
Ortiz
Owen Hart
PAC
Paul Wight
Penta El Cero Miedo
Powerhouse Hobbs
Rey Fenix
Ricky Starks
Riho
Ruby Soho
Sammy Guevara
Santana
Scorpio Sky
Shawn Spears
Sting
Stu Grayson
Tay Conti
Taz
The Blade
The Bunny
The Butcher
Thunder Rosa
Trent Beretta
Tully Blanchard
Wardlow

That is a roster of 70, using AEW Grand Slam as a rough cut off point for who might've been deemed "important" enough to be in the game at the time along with various legends including throwback versions of managers, announcers etc. While I've always been someone who focuses on the current roster...gamers tend to love having some legends in there.

Honestly though who the hell would complain about that kind of lineup? Yeah, it doesn't have everybody, but it was never going to. You could chop 10 "bubble" people off of this and it'd still be a nice blend of characters people want to play as. The gameplay is far more important than anything else.

It doesn’t have everybody, that’s for sure, plus seeing the AEW roster laid out like that really highlights how unimpressive it is. Maybe it’s just because they’ve been laid out alphabetically? But there’s a lot of dead space.