TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Elite Wrestling (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135828)

Emperor Smeat 12-27-2020 07:13 PM

At least in WWE's case, they usually just contact local indie people to do some squash matches or be security or extras for planned segments.

They used to get paid very well but then WWE cut the pay in like half a few years ago and don't think it went back to its pre-cut levels. Like it used to be around $400-$500 just to show up for a squash match and maybe a bit less for extras work. Think the day they cut the pay, they didn't bother to inform those people ahead of time.

Mr. Nerfect 12-27-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5406198)
Voices of Wrestling stated that the paying rate for extras was $80 for the other nights he worked based on their sources.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not sure what they did wrong anyway. The rate that night was $80.</p>&mdash; Voices of Wrestling (@voiceswrestling) <a href="https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1343285639047999488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

$80 for extras is fucking ridiculous. Especially if you’ve been paying guys more than that. If he was taking bumps too and working dark matches, that’s just obscene. It also obviously wasn’t communicated effectively to talent. Rip Rogers, one guy in Louisville, knows of two talents with this experience.

Stop trying to defend this company.

You also have brainwashed AEW wrestlers piling onto the guy using Brodie Lee’s death as an excuse. Fuck each and every one of them.

I think Bostic may have even deleted his tweet. Bullied right back down.

Fuck AEW.

Mr. Nerfect 12-27-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5406208)
At least in WWE's case, they usually just contact local indie people to do some squash matches or be security or extras for planned segments.

They used to get paid very well but then WWE cut the pay in like half a few years ago and don't think it went back to its pre-cut levels. Like it used to be around $400-$500 just to show up for a squash match and maybe a bit less for extras work. Think the day they cut the pay, they didn't bother to inform those people ahead of time.

So WWE are pieces of shit too? Fuck them too. But stop trying to put the heat for this onto Vince and the WWE. :lol:

AEW are shitty too. Just fucking say it and be honest.

IC Champion 12-27-2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5406205)
What do you have to do to be an extra? Do you need a wrestling background?

Traditionally yes, but in AEW you just need to be friends with one of the boys.

Emperor Smeat 12-27-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5406211)
$80 for extras is fucking ridiculous. Especially if you’ve been paying guys more than that. If he was taking bumps too and working dark matches, that’s just obscene. It also obviously wasn’t communicated effectively to talent. Rip Rogers, one guy in Louisville, knows of two talents with this experience.

Stop trying to defend this company.

You also have brainwashed AEW wrestlers piling onto the guy using Brodie Lee’s death as an excuse. Fuck each and every one of them.

I think Bostic may have even deleted his tweet. Bullied right back down.

Fuck AEW.

Or he might be fibbing about the extent of his AEW work since supposedly he didn't work any dark matches considering AEW airs all of their dark matches on Youtube, even when they were touring, and he's never shown up in any of it.

Cagematch might have some holes when it comes to smaller indies but that's rarely the case with notable companies.

Voices of Wrestling has someone who worked for AEW when it came to handling their pay and $200 was for the first night for extras since it was a very special night and $80 as the rate for standard shows.

Mr. Nerfect 12-27-2020 09:54 PM

$80 is fucking obscene. If I got paid $200 one night, I wouldn’t expect my pay to drop to $80. And this was clearly not communicated to talent, since both Dylan Bostic and Flash Flanagan feel stiffed according to Rip Rogers.

And if you want to see AEW wrestlers and fanboys/girls in full flight, fucking wow. The guy has received death threats and been bullied off Twitter. Besides hiding behind Brodie Lee’s death, all the victim-blaming techniques have come out. Britt Baker even said that the way he was dressed probably spurred it on.

Fuck this gross company and anyone that defends them. It’s fucking disgusting.

Triple A 12-27-2020 09:57 PM

Calm down man

xrodmuc316 12-27-2020 10:08 PM

The point being missed is not what they ended up paying him, it's that they did not communicate that.

Before having him drive to the next town, they should let him know the pay. I don't know all the details, nor do I really care, but if they led him to believe he was going to make $400 for this 2 days, then they pay him $160, I can certainly understand not being cool with that.

What if the expenses and travel there and back ran him $100? If he was thinking he would bank $300 and instead banked $60, he probably would have decided to pass.

Mr. Nerfect 12-27-2020 11:17 PM

People get it. They just don't want to say anything bad about that company.

poopfromweiner dude 12-28-2020 02:55 AM

xrod making a lot of great points in this thread

Mr. Nerfect 12-28-2020 03:50 AM

Dave Meltzer tried to pass off the Jericho thing as 4 or 5 tweets. And then WWE got the blame for AEW being niche. You can’t make this stuff up.

Evil Vito 12-28-2020 12:07 PM

AEW lives rent free in Noid's head and it's hilarious.

rez 12-28-2020 03:45 PM

This debate...errr argument is so fucking silly. Take some chill pills.

With that being said....AEW rules, bitches!

slik 12-28-2020 09:11 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is amazing, I’m beyond honored to even be considered for this. Thank you <a href="https://twitter.com/outsports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@outsports</a> ❤️�� <a href="https://t.co/ugS2TT51Sw">https://t.co/ugS2TT51Sw</a></p>&mdash; Anthony Bowens (@Bowens_Official) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bowens_Official/status/1343684764201607169?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Nerfect 12-29-2020 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito (Post 5406342)
AEW lives rent free in Noid's head and it's hilarious.

I live rent free in TPWW’s head and it’s hilarious.

I couldn’t give a shit if AEW dies anymore, and that’s a sad thing. And most people are with me. This shit blows.

Volare 12-29-2020 03:26 AM

Nerf...love ya bro..but I'm in the mood...(now that is at 225am Central Time) Who is with you, I know you started your 3 man stable lately but....who else? Just want to see who's on what side of the sand sir.

Volare 12-29-2020 03:27 AM

Cause I'm the devil in yall's six.

Mr. Nerfect 12-29-2020 07:10 AM

Can never think of a time my fandom was at such an all-time low.

Supreme Olajuwon 12-29-2020 09:44 AM

You do seem unhappy

weather vane 12-29-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5406722)
Can never think of a time my fandom was at such an all-time low.

Yeah WWE is real bad.

erickman 12-29-2020 07:55 PM

wonder if aew will have a good ad on impact tonight. i wish bischoff was helping tony do his heel owner thing he kind of looks like dixie carter

Damian Rey 2.0 12-29-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erickman (Post 5407089)
wonder if aew will have a good ad on impact tonight. i wish bischoff was helping tony do his heel owner thing he kind of looks like dixie carter

I think Tony being a rich nerd who talks shit is a funny bit.

Vastardikai 12-29-2020 08:55 PM

So, basically AEW fans are the wrestling equivalent of the Snyderverse and Gamergate?

Didn't see that coming (except I totally did. A dude got really pissed off at me when I said Kenny Omega wasn't the best wrestler in the world *yet* a few years ago).

xrodmuc316 12-29-2020 08:57 PM

Dixie Carter > Tony Khan

Jordan 12-29-2020 10:42 PM

Really looking forward to the Jon Huber tribute show tomorrow. The card Tony put together is pretty great. I love how it's the Dark Order in every match. It will be a night of remberance and emotion for sure but also they could advance a new direction with The Dark Order. It's gotta be Hangman leading the pack now right? That would elevate everyone.

Evil Vito 12-30-2020 01:01 AM

I'm all for Hangman getting roped in as the new leader.

Damian Rey 2.0 12-30-2020 02:19 AM

Matt Hardy going nuts again and turning on Private Party to take leadership of the Dark Order is where I'd go with the group.

Jordan 12-30-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 (Post 5407196)
Matt Hardy going nuts again and turning on Private Party to take leadership of the Dark Order is where I'd go with the group.

That would make a lot of sense actually. Matt and Hangman seem to have started up a feud anyway. Hardy could just go all Hardy Party on Dark Order and "Proclaim to be the new leader", but the followers could be torn as to if they should follow him or Hangman because they could have Silver and Reynolds pushing for Hangman to be the new leader.

Damian Rey 2.0 12-30-2020 12:59 PM

Yep. It fits. Hardy was floated as a possible leader before Brodie. So it makes sense to move him into the role.

xrodmuc316 12-30-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 (Post 5407284)
Yep. It fits. Hardy was floated as a possible leader before Brodie. So it makes sense to move him into the role.

Wouldn't that make Moxley upset? Somebody turning heel right after real life bad news. Wouldn't want him going on a bunch of podcasts after the fact to complain or anything...

Mr. Nerfect 12-30-2020 03:59 PM

The Dark Order is the worst faction of all-time. It never should have happened, never should have kept going and exploiting the death of a wrestler to push it is a bad idea. Just let things end.

XL 12-30-2020 04:40 PM

I’ll see your “Dark Order” and raise you a “Retribution”.

drave 12-30-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5407334)

Oh god, this. So much this.

xrodmuc316 12-30-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5407334)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 5407338)
Oh god, this. So much this.

"AEW has a dumb faction"

https://i.imgflip.com/4oq3k4.jpg

drave 12-30-2020 04:54 PM

I don't watch either. But the execution for Retribution was not well done. And, in my opinion, mishandled way worse than that of Dark Order.

It isn't a "brand war" for me, but something tells me you will have difficulty wrapping around that one.

xrodmuc316 12-30-2020 05:01 PM

Retribution sucks, 100%. Worse than Dark Order, very much so.

Using WWE sucking to excuse something AEW does however is not a get out of jail free card for AEW. Just because the faction is "not as bad" as Retribution doesn't excuse Dark Order from being a stupid faction.

Truth be told, Brodie Lee made it better, but in the context of continuing the faction absent him, that makes as much sense as WWE continuing Retribution after how bad that has been.

And it's not brand war for me either, it's me mocking brand war by taking up the opposite side.

XL 12-30-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5407341)

Using WWE sucking to excuse something AEW does however is not a get out of jail free card for AEW. Just because the faction is "not as bad" as Retribution doesn't excuse Dark Order from being a stupid faction.

And it's not brand war for me either, it's me mocking brand war by taking up the opposite side.

Here we go again.

Nobody here said anything about making excuses for AEW/Dark Order.

Noid said that DO is the worst faction of all time. I pointed out that IMO Retribution is a worse faction right now, let alone all time. You agree with this.

You’re not taking up “the opposite side”.

drave 12-30-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5407341)

Truth be told, Brodie Lee made it better, but in the context of continuing the faction absent him, that makes as much sense as WWE continuing Retribution after how bad that has been.

Please quote my post where I said anything you just waffled on about.

xrodmuc316 12-30-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5407343)
Here we go again.

Nobody here said anything about making excuses for AEW/Dark Order.

Noid said that DO is the worst faction of all time. I pointed out that IMO Retribution is a worse faction right now, let alone all time. You agree with this.

You’re not taking up “the opposite side”.

WWE has nothing to do with Dark Order. Criticism of AEW automatically leading to criticism of WWE is what I am criticizing.

XL 12-30-2020 05:43 PM

Sorry. When Noid said “Dark Order are the worst faction of all-time” I made the assumption that “all-time” opened the debate to all companies, rather than his use of “all-time” meant “in the 18 months AEW has existed”.

My bad.