TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Feuds with the current roster that have not been done (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134818)

Mr. Nerfect 04-14-2018 08:35 PM

Feuds with the current roster that have not been done

I was thinking about how often the WWE runs through the same program again and again, and it got me thinking about what they haven't actually done yet. Two people that came to mind for me were Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler. I'm trying to remember a match, let alone a feud. It seems like they had a match in 2014 against each other, and maybe one in 2011 or something. Weird.

Do you have any?

Bad News Gertner 04-14-2018 08:55 PM

Randy Orton and John Cena

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-14-2018 08:59 PM

Kofi and the Miz.

Bad News Gertner 04-14-2018 09:02 PM

Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-14-2018 09:10 PM

Sheamus and Cesaro.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-14-2018 09:30 PM

Bret Hart versus Shawn Michaels

A.J.K 04-14-2018 09:43 PM

Randy Orton/ AJ Styles

Kevin Owens / The Miz

Sami Zayn /John Cena

Nakamura / Rollins

Emperor Smeat 04-14-2018 10:10 PM

Nakamura vs Bryan

Bad News Gertner 04-14-2018 10:23 PM

Undertaker vs Kane

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-14-2018 10:26 PM

Hogan V Andre

slik 04-14-2018 11:07 PM

Baron Corbin vs Roman Reigns

Jinder Mahal vs Roman Reigns

Randy Orton vs Roman Reigns

Good news tho -- all three will likely happen in the next year after the roster draft

Bad News Gertner 04-14-2018 11:08 PM

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-14-2018 11:18 PM

The Miz Vs. Dean Ambrose.

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-14-2018 11:19 PM

Dolph vs. Daniel Bryan they only had a little thing for the WrestleMania ladder match.

Luigi 04-14-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5107947)
I was thinking about how often the WWE runs through the same program again and again, and it got me thinking about what they haven't actually done yet. Two people that came to mind for me were Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler. I'm trying to remember a match, let alone a feud. It seems like they had a match in 2014 against each other, and maybe one in 2011 or something. Weird.

Do you have any?

I'm actually quite surprised that Chris Jericho vs. Undertaker has never been done. No idea why.

A.J.K 04-15-2018 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luigi (Post 5107993)
I'm actually quite surprised that Chris Jericho vs. Undertaker has never been done. No idea why.

Technically they faced off in 2008 but that was a triple threat with Big Show.

#1-norm-fan 04-15-2018 02:23 AM

Heath Slater vs Rhyno

They've teased it long enough. THE WORLD IS READY.

Lock Jaw 04-15-2018 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5107989)
The Miz Vs. Dean Ambrose.

Pretty sure they feuded over the IC belt pretty recently

Lock Jaw 04-15-2018 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5107990)
Dolph vs. Daniel Bryan they only had a little thing for the WrestleMania ladder match.

Pretty sure they feuded for the US title or something, early in D-Bry's career before he went heel.

Lock Jaw 04-15-2018 02:32 AM

Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns

I'm sure we will see this one once Dean comes back and turns heel

Anybody Thrilla 04-15-2018 03:35 AM

Definitely won't happen now, but why was Shawn Michaels v. The Rock never a thing?

Anybody Thrilla 04-15-2018 03:37 AM

Dunno why, but I think Elias v. Rusev would be pretty awesome.

Bad News Gertner 04-15-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5108045)
Definitely won't happen now, but why was Shawn Michaels v. The Rock never a thing?

Were they in the company much together post 97?

Anybody Thrilla 04-15-2018 09:20 AM

I dunno. I was just watching the Iron Man match between The Rock and Triple H from Judgment Day 2000 last night and Shawn was the ref. There was a backstage segment where The Rock told HBK that he had better call the match right down the middle, or his next meeting was going to be with him, and it was going to take a lot less than an hour. Maybe Shawn wasn't active then, but he looked to be in good shape, so it got me thinking about it.

Luigi 04-15-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5108045)

Pre WrestleMania 14, The Rock wasn’t a big enough star to feud with HBK. Between WM 14-Summerslam 2002, HBK was inactive as a wrestler. The Rock pretty much hit his prime between these years. Post Summerslam 2002, The Rock was barely around. The Rock only came back for Hogan II, Austin III, Goldberg, and Rock and Sock before disappearing for 7 years. By the time Rocky came back, he was involved with Cena while HBK was winding down.

Timing wise, they couldn’t make it work. Professional wise, HBK and Hunter were dickheads to The Rock behind the scene between 1996-1998. I know this by the way because I’ve been a long time subscriber to David Meltzer and Percy Pringle (you will have known him as Paul Bearer).

Simple Fan 04-15-2018 12:01 PM

Meltzer Sheep

Shadrick 04-15-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luigi (Post 5108101)
Pre WrestleMania 14, The Rock wasn’t a big enough star to feud with HBK. Between WM 14-Summerslam 2002, HBK was inactive as a wrestler. The Rock pretty much hit his prime between these years. Post Summerslam 2002, The Rock was barely around. The Rock only came back for Hogan II, Austin III, Goldberg, and Rock and Sock before disappearing for 7 years. By the time Rocky came back, he was involved with Cena while HBK was winding down.

Timing wise, they couldn’t make it work. Professional wise, HBK and Hunter were dickheads to The Rock behind the scene between 1996-1998. I know this by the way because I’ve been a long time subscriber to David Meltzer and Percy Pringle (you will have known him as Paul Bearer).

Rock was asked in 99 to feud with HBK and Rock declined because HBK was a dick to Rock's grandmother years prior along with HHH and HBK attempting to bury Rock in 97. They made up in 2008.

Ruien 04-15-2018 04:01 PM

Dont fuck with Nana.

Bad News Gertner 04-15-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadrick (Post 5108150)
Rock was asked in 99 to feud with HBK and Rock declined because HBK was a dick to Rock's grandmother years prior along with HHH and HBK attempting to bury Rock in 97. They made up in 2008.

Oh shit I remember that

Mr. Nerfect 04-15-2018 06:15 PM

Yeah, Rock had no interest in working with HBK.

Evil Vito 04-15-2018 06:26 PM

Rusev and Dean Ambrose have both been on the roster for a while but haven't feuded. They haven't even been on the same show since the split. Ambrose was drafted to SmackDown and Rusev to Raw in 2016, and last year they swapped brands. Prior to that it seems their only interactions were one-offs when Rusev was a hired gun for the Authority or in the League of Nations.

Weirdly interested in Rusev/Ambrose with Ambrose being the heel against the lovable Rusev.

Mr. Nerfect 04-15-2018 06:50 PM

I know people are just going nuts for the idea of heel Ambrose, but there's just something about it that makes me think "be careful what you wish for." It'll be interesting, because I think once he comes back and does some babyface stuff with Rollins, Reigns and maybe Jason Jordan, we'll be getting that turn.

Mr. Nerfect 04-15-2018 07:00 PM

Derailing my own thread here: Am I the only one who thinks that the size of a heel compared to a babyface matters? I mean, it's obviously a factor that certain people can get around: HBK worked heel against Taker.

I think a current problem with WWE is that everyone works the same match, because there is a "WWE Way to Do Things," and all the heels, regardless of size, act in a similar way (unless they are Stephanie McMahon and allowed to different shit). It's cut-off, chinlocks, scowls, feed for the babyface, kick out of their finish so they know you're "tough" even though you're a baddie at the moment, go home.

I think that's why Ambrose as a heel doesn't interest me. I have no interest in seeing him chinlock Roman Reigns. And that's why Reigns vs. Sami Zayn doesn't interest me -- I have no interest in Reigns lying around waiting for Zayn to get back on offense after he's fought out from under with a big move.

Ambrose as a heel would interest me a lot more if I knew he had autonomy over what he was going to do and say, and how he was going to put together a match. If he was using his cunning and sadistic streak to gain an underhanded advantage over a dude like Rusev -- that would be really cool. But I have a feeling it is going to the same shit, different dude.

Evil Vito 04-15-2018 07:50 PM

I fear you're probably right. Worse yet, I feel like he'll just be doing standard, paint-by-numbers WWE heel promo stuff when in reality the dude has cut fantastic, impassioned heel promos both in the indies and even FCW.

Mr. Nerfect 04-15-2018 08:13 PM

I loved his FCW work. In a perfect world the heel turn would work. I wonder how they would get there though? Does he just randomly decide to betray Seth Rollins? Something about it feels "my time to turn now." I'd leave him as a face and ally of Reigns and Rollins for quite a while. Honestly, I'd probably put The Shield back together and have them win six-man belts or a tournament or something. They seem so much more valuable together than separate.

Evil Vito 04-15-2018 08:24 PM

If rumors from December are to be believed, Ambrose was meant to turn and face Rollins at Mania. I'm guessing they'll still do that but probably after they milk another Shield run for a few months.

Mr. Nerfect 04-15-2018 09:19 PM

I heard those rumors too, but I dunno -- I thought there was still more gas in them as a team. Especially when you consider they love fitting everyone they can on a Mania card -- I was expecting them to be in a tag match against someone.

When Rollins teamed with Jason Jordan, I also expected Ambrose to return and beat the shit out of Jordan when he returned, but that probably would have gotten a huge pop.

Evil Vito 04-15-2018 09:28 PM

I was thinking they'd keep the Shield together through Mania, hoping that the group's popularity would make the crowd more receptive to Reigns' coronation. Of course it wouldn't. Which would've led to a hilariously awkward moment where Rollins and Ambrose are parading Reigns around the ring on their shoulders with confetti and pyro going off all as the crowd just boos the shit out of it.

Then after that I saw Rollins and Ambrose being moved to SmackDown with them eventually splitting going into Summerslam, one year after they reunited.

Mr. Nerfect 04-15-2018 09:40 PM

That sounds like something they would do. Honestly, I think Reigns would eventually get cheered with them.

Mr. Nerfect 04-15-2018 09:41 PM

When I say that, I mean with them, and not on his own but aligned with them.