TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   CM Punk removed from all live events (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125883)

slik 01-29-2014 02:14 AM

CM Punk removed from all live events

Quote:

CM Punk, who did not appear at last night's RAW, also did not appear at tonight's SmackDown taping in Toledo, Ohio, despite being advertised for the event.

WWE has since removed Punk from almost all of their upcoming live events and television tapings on the events section of their website, although he remains on the Elimination Chamber page. It is not known at this time if Punk is injured, or if something else is going on. The last tweet that he posted on Monday night stated, "Thanks for all the support. Keep being you guys, it's pretty cool."

Punk's contract is up in July, and he stated in an interview last week that he doesn't know if he will re-sign after it expires, and that "everything is up in the air."

UPDATE: F4WOnline.com reports that Punk apparently told Vince McMahon at last night's RAW that he was going home and left the show. No further details were available other then that he's been removed from all shows going forward.

News or Storyline?

Fignuts 01-29-2014 02:18 AM

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Well, Gertner will be happy.

Juan 01-29-2014 02:21 AM

Damn

Droford 01-29-2014 02:29 AM

Somebody put that fat guy who spazzed out over the Rumble on suicide watch

DAMN iNATOR 01-29-2014 02:29 AM

"CM Punk has taken his ball and gone home!"

Droford 01-29-2014 02:31 AM

CM punk lost his smile..oh wait..he's probably got a smiley face tattoo somewhere..

whiteyford 01-29-2014 02:33 AM

Pissed hot.

glanville6 01-29-2014 02:34 AM

Raw is in Chicago on March 2nd or 3rd. I bet he'll be back by then.

#1-norm-fan 01-29-2014 02:35 AM

Goddammit.

Bad News Gertner 01-29-2014 02:35 AM

Hehe

Droford 01-29-2014 02:38 AM

Coming eventually to TNA...MC Bully...no...AC Goon..no..BJ Hooligan!

whiteyford 01-29-2014 02:39 AM

Pretty sure he owns his name.

Droford 01-29-2014 02:40 AM

That wouldn't stop TNA from a stupid name change

whiteyford 01-29-2014 02:41 AM

Very true.

Droford 01-29-2014 02:47 AM

Punk was pissed he didn't get a spot on Total Divas

Bad News Gertner 01-29-2014 02:53 AM

What a whiny piece of shit. Just as bad as HBK in the 90's. Go away.

#1-norm-fan 01-29-2014 03:11 AM

I just really wish Street Jimmy were here to give his take on this.

NormanSmiley 01-29-2014 03:13 AM

ryan clark hasn't confirmed this

Swiss Ultimate 01-29-2014 03:15 AM

ALL LIVE EVENTS...but he's still good for Chamber?

Droford 01-29-2014 03:20 AM

He should show up and beat up Daniel Bryan on his way to the Chamber match, take his spot and win

#nuclearheelheat

Brigstocke 01-29-2014 04:27 AM

If this is storyline... and leads into the Punk vs HHH match I'm excited.. WWE doing things well at the moment. If

dronepool 01-29-2014 05:17 AM

Work?

dronepool 01-29-2014 05:39 AM

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/headlies/...id-part-timer/

Former WWE Champion CM Punk has informed Vince McMahon on Monday that he was walking away from the company, and Punk has since been written out of all foreseeable events. It has been learned that Punk is looking to come back for a “Dwayne Johnson type of deal” that would preclude him from performing at live events, and getting paid unreal sums of cash to do so.

“After Batista won the Royal Rumble match for doing minimal work, Punk is hoping to take the same career path,” says one company insider. “Punk’s been exhausted from years of working night after night without the use of medication, so he figures that four or five matches a year going forward will improve his quality of life.”

As of Tuesday evening, Punk was said to be proving his worth toward such a contract. The 35-year-old has reportedly begun forgetting the names of any WWE performer that isn’t a full-time main eventer, referring to the others as “C-level stars” on his Twitter account.

“I texted him Monday evening to ask how he was holding up,” says WWE veteran Curt Hawkins. “He said he didn’t know who I was. At first I was mad, but now it makes sense. If he gets that contract, imagine how great it’d be for business. I bet we’d all benefit somehow, even if I can’t figure out a way.”

Some have noted that Punk hasn’t been in the WWE World Championship picture for nearly one year, an unheard-of time span for a performer that sells the amount of merchandise that he has. With Rock, and now Batista, setting a new precedent for reduced-schedule icons by getting title shots, perhaps Punk’s hoping to do the same.

“He’d also indicated he’d like to win the 2015 Royal Rumble from the #28 spot,” said the insider. “Let some other hard-working sap go 50 minutes from number one and be ignored most of the way.”

Brigstocke 01-29-2014 05:48 AM

I can see his point... Hate seeing people 'return' from other endeavours and getting a push like that.

Brigstocke 01-29-2014 05:50 AM

Makes sense.. 'storyline wise'

whiteyford 01-29-2014 05:51 AM

That screams work.

Rammsteinmad 01-29-2014 05:52 AM

Whether that is true or not, or a work or not, it totally makes sense and as much as I hate CM Punk not being around, I could fully understand and support that point of view.

Blonde Moment 01-29-2014 06:20 AM

I am curious about how the Wm payout goes. I mean it is a big slap in the face to those that have busted their ass all year and wind up getting next to nothing because the company elected to pay part timers a huge chunk instead.

The Rogerer 01-29-2014 06:20 AM

The whole idea behind a work is that you work people, IE actually have something happen as opposed to nothing.

Shadrick 01-29-2014 06:26 AM

lol its a business, man.

Blonde Moment 01-29-2014 06:37 AM

Think of it this way
Wm 31 has the potential for 5 maybe 6 part timers taking money spots away from workers who are the backbone of the company.
You bust your ass all year only to have 3-4 people come in and take your spot, take your money and treat you like shit to boot.

Savio 01-29-2014 07:45 AM

I was kinda excited to see Punk vs Corporate Kane.

erickman 01-29-2014 08:35 AM

so is he going to wrestle aj styles now in roh

Innovator 01-29-2014 08:48 AM

I can't wait for RAW when Hunico plays CM Punk

Corndad 01-29-2014 08:58 AM

Well that explains why wasn't on Raw. I thought that was off. Figured they would start setting up Kane/Punk for Chamber and not even a sniff. I dunno if it's a work or not but if it's not, I can't blame him at all honestly.

Heisenberg 01-29-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigstocke (Post 4369671)
If this is storyline... and leads into the Punk vs HHH match I'm excited.. WWE doing things well at the moment. If

Straight storyline, good stuff too, look at the internet sites

Heisenberg 01-29-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 4369636)
Hehe

http://i.imgur.com/240m657.gif

voncouch 01-29-2014 09:26 AM

From 411mania, a little more detail:

According to Pwinsider.com, CM Punk has been pulled from all advertising of WWE live events going forward after a meeting with WWE management at Monday's WWE Raw tapings. Punk is under contract until July, but the feeling right now is that he is no longer factored into the company's plans moving forward. The plan was to work towards a CM Punk vs. Triple H match at WrestleMania 30, but not it seems as if WWE may slide Daniel Bryan into that slot.

Some sources have stated that the original script for Monday's Raw called for Punk to wrestle Antonio Cesaro and lose after Kane interfered in an Elimination Chamber Qualifying match. Other sources claim that he was not scheduled to wrestle, but instead say he was booked to do a promo that would follow up on Kane causing his elimination from the Rumble. Either way Punk was booked for Raw, but was not backstage for the show or at Smackdown.

The feeling is that the late re-writes for the show on Monday were because Punk had informed the company he was going home and wouldn't be back. Word is that this is not an injury situation, but instead a case of burnout and unhappiness with the overall direction of the company. Punk had been very vocal in the past about the usage of returning and "part time" stars being pushed beyond wrestlers who were working full-time for the company.

During a recent interview with Ariel Hewani, Punk spoke about working the crazy WWE schedule, and only ever taking time off for injuries. Punk worked over 50-minutes in Sunday's Royal Rumble match, and was described as being "pissy" backstage. But some has said that this is not unusual for him.

Another source noted that Punk's last goal was to work a WrestleMania main event, and that it may be a situation where Punk realized it wasn't going to happen this year and with his WWE deal expiring and him being so goal oriented, it may have weighed him down when he realized it would not happen.

Also during the Ariel Hewani interview, Punk was asked about WWE killing his momentum at times and why such things happen and stated that he'd like to think they don't make those decisions on purpose and it's more they wanted to go in another decision and that it was a different era.

Punk's last Tweet was from Monday night, and reads as follows…

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thanks for all the support. Keep being you guys, it's pretty cool.</p>&mdash; Coach (@CMPunk) <a href="https://twitter.com/CMPunk/statuses/427847883774103552">January 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Corndad 01-29-2014 10:20 AM

Also if this is real, AJ will be losing her belt soon me thinks. Be Prepared for a Bella Title run.

Rammsteinmad 01-29-2014 10:23 AM

I've said for the last few years now that all these part-timers aren't helping the product or the morale of the full-timers. The last few Wrestlemanias, 75% of the card focuses on part-timers whilst guys like Dolph Ziggler, who has been with the company for eight years now, at least five of those years being one of the most over guys on the roster, yet he's barely had a legit "Wrestlemania Moment".

If this is legit, I'm totally behind Punk on this one. As much as it sometimes comes across as him being selfish and pissy, and as much as it surely is, I feel that Punk just wants a good product for everyone all around.

Kinda like when he compared "a workhorse" like Tyson Kidd to Little Jimmy.