TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Red Dead Redemption 2 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132363)

Fignuts 10-27-2018 01:01 AM

The world evolves as time passes. I came across a father and his two sons building a house. They only had the foundation and were trying to put up a wall.

Couple in game days later and I came back to find them under assault from another gang trying to extort "protection" money from them, and all the framework for all the walls and roof had been constructed. This wasn't a mission or anything. Just a random occurence in the game world.

I imagine I come back later again and it will be finished. Same goes for that building under construction in Valentine.

Also, this world feels more alive and more real than any open world game to date. I didn't think they could top gta5 in that regard, but they did. Its not just the density of npcs in a town, but their behavior.

Only negative is that some things aren't explained very well. Like I have no idea what constitutes hiding a body. I tried throwing it in a bush away from the road, but the law still found it.

DAMN iNATOR 10-27-2018 02:14 AM

Met a Stranger in Valentine trying to write a book about this drunk guy passed out at the bar. He gives you 4 photographs of people scattered around to interview for him and promises a cut of the proceeds if you bring him back info to finish the book. Done all that, and now we play the waiting game.

Disturbed316 10-27-2018 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 5188883)
Met a Stranger in Valentine trying to write a book about this drunk guy passed out at the bar. He gives you 4 photographs of people scattered around to interview for him and promises a cut of the proceeds if you bring him back info to finish the book. Done all that, and now we play the waiting game.

Same, but he still hasn't turned back up in my game so it must be quite later on.

Up to chapter 3 now, think I might explore and do some of the side stuff, see how big the map actually is.

Frank Drebin 10-27-2018 08:57 AM

When it comes to tithing at camp, does anyone know how much to add to it? Also as far as items like a watch go, should I just sell those for cash? Do they have any use as an item?

Jordan 10-27-2018 09:50 AM

I've played about an hour and a half maybe, I was super super tired so I didn't have the best time to be honest. I'll probably really get into it tomorrow. So far I have to say that it's much slower pace than I anticipated which is kind of discouraging but I'm sure after spending more time with it I will get into the pace.

Fignuts 10-27-2018 10:22 AM

The pacing seems to be a love it or hate it type deal. I'm in the "love it" camp. Gives me the opportunity to really drink the world in that rockstar created, and notice all the little details that were painstakingly crafted.

Sepholio 10-27-2018 03:20 PM

Can't decide whether to finish DQXI now, or play this. Or play both. UHG.

I took the first game at a slower pace and loved it. The western setting just feels like it is made to soak in.

Destor 10-27-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 5188978)
Can't decide whether to finish DQXI now, or play this. Or play both. UHG.

I took the first game at a slower pace and loved it. The western setting just feels like it is made to soak in.

Ive decided to finish DQ11 instead of complete it so i can get to RDR2 faster

ClockShot 10-27-2018 05:03 PM

After my ultimate code debacle, Gamestop was cool enough to hook me up. Now got all my goodies. :D

Going in deep after dinner. ;)

Disturbed316 10-27-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 5188920)
When it comes to tithing at camp, does anyone know how much to add to it? Also as far as items like a watch go, should I just sell those for cash? Do they have any use as an item?

Whatever you can. You do get called out for not adding anything, which has an effect on the morale of the camp. There's an achievement for adding $250, but you'll get that fairly quickly if you add often.

Just loot every corpse you come across and it will soon add up. You'll also get some big paydays on some missions too. You can also find a gold bar worth $500 in the burnt out town near Horseshoe camp, but you can only sell it when you unlock the fence posts.

Don't forget to also spend the camp funds to improve various things in it. If you upgrade Dutch's tent and then Arthur's, you'll unlock fast travel from the camp to any town you've previously visited.

rez 10-27-2018 10:35 PM

Got to the horse shoe camp earlier and shaved. I'm only playing the game sober. so good. I think becoming a master hunter is going to be even harder than the first game. Kniving that bear brings back nightmares.

Fignuts 10-28-2018 04:41 AM

Just got to chapter 3 which is where the game REALLY opens up, in case you were wondering.

ClockShot 10-28-2018 07:50 AM

Can't believe Rockstar was a bit lazy and snuck in the 70 Gold Medals trophy/achievement that was in GTA5.

The last thing I was ever thinking of doing was replaying missions.

Jordan 10-28-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed316 (Post 5189007)
Whatever you can. You do get called out for not adding anything, which has an effect on the morale of the camp. There's an achievement for adding $250, but you'll get that fairly quickly if you add often.

Just loot every corpse you come across and it will soon add up. You'll also get some big paydays on some missions too. You can also find a gold bar worth $500 in the burnt out town near Horseshoe camp, but you can only sell it when you unlock the fence posts.

Don't forget to also spend the camp funds to improve various things in it. If you upgrade Dutch's tent and then Arthur's, you'll unlock fast travel from the camp to any town you've previously visited.

How do I add an item to camp? I was carrying a legendary bear skin and couldn't donate it. Also where can I sell this thing to if I can't donate it?

Fignuts 10-28-2018 06:14 PM

Go over to Pearson who is the fat cook to donate anything you get from hunting to camp. To sell it in town, you go to the butcher. Also a trapper that gets unlocked later that you can sell to.

DAMN iNATOR 10-28-2018 06:20 PM

Do you have to sell looted valuables to a Fence? Clerks at General Stores won't take them.

Fignuts 10-28-2018 06:52 PM

Yes.

Fignuts 10-28-2018 06:54 PM

My biggest complaint so far is how the wanted system works. If someone starts shit with me in town, attacks me, and I kill them in self defense in clear view of everyone, I don't think its fair to give me a wanted level. Happens more than I'd like as well.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-28-2018 10:02 PM

Purchased tonight while getting some cash to do some laundry. Might start after the game.

Jordan 10-28-2018 10:03 PM

I am enjoying it more for sure. So immersive but not overwhelming to me.

Jordan 10-28-2018 10:04 PM

Paid off my wanted level in one state at the post office, 60 bucks, not bad. I have 240 in another state because I killed like everyone in town.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-28-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X (Post 5189520)
Paid off my wanted level in one state at the post office, 60 bucks, not bad. I have 240 in another state because I killed like everyone in town.

Did you say state? Is it really that large of a map? holy shit.

Tom Guycott 10-28-2018 11:16 PM

I actually need to get for-real started on this. I had such an ordeal with the install, that I wasn't really in the mood to get into the actual gameplay, and only made it as far as past the wolves at the start and haven't really been motivated.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-28-2018 11:24 PM

I do miss the days of putting in a disc and playing at once.

DAMN iNATOR 10-28-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5189545)

There's 3 states you travel through. Ambria, New Hanover and Lemoyne.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-28-2018 11:38 PM

Why could they say Mexico in game one and not Texas, Arizona and New Mexico in this (assuming those are the represented states)?

Tom Guycott 10-29-2018 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5189559)
I do miss the days of putting in a disc and playing at once.

It wasn't even so much that (while true), I wouldn't have minded so much if I weren't having troubles.

Firstly, for whatever reason, my disc drive decided it wasn't going to read shit from any disc in it whatsoever. Had to do a bit of fiddling to get it to even read.

After I got that resolved, my disc 1 install kept stopping on its own every .3 to .5%, and I had to keep restarting it manually. I couldn't go make a sandwich or watch TV or anything in the interim. Thankfully, the second disc didn't do all that, but the first shouldn't have either.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-29-2018 12:09 AM

I had to delete like four games to fit this in and just on disc 1.

Tom Guycott 10-29-2018 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5189568)
Why could they say Mexico in game one and not Texas, Arizona and New Mexico in this (assuming those are the represented states)?

Alternate history stuff, I would assume. The US doesn't even have the same President. Also, the states in any GTA games are patterened after but not explicitly the same as real world, from Alderney to San Andreas. It is safe to assume the entire US is different in the Rockstar-verse.

Tom Guycott 10-29-2018 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5189580)
I had to delete like four games to fit this in and just on disc 1.

I actually have two externals, so I was able to shit-shuffle to get the ample room somewhere on one of them. I still don't like that this was a problem even though it wasn't a problem for me.

Companies are being to cavalier about end user's storage space on their products, and even assuming what is on the disc to install is the entirety of the final release (but let's not kid ourselves about day one patches), I don't feel like futzing around with the install process if I want to revisit something I like in the future. It is going to stay on the hard drive until my system explodes.

I'm also timid about deleting anything, because I would like to keep it if it goes away. See: OutRun or Scott Pilgrim.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-29-2018 12:24 AM

I only have (mostly) mainstream games. I doubt that would happen to games I've paid for.

EIWF 10-29-2018 05:38 AM

havent got this yet, but hoping to get it soon. loved the first red dead redemption.

Fignuts 10-29-2018 06:31 AM

So yeah, going back to something I was talking aboout earlier, definitely check in on construction projects in the game world. Not only is it a cool visual detail, but there are missions to partake in which reward you with money.

The house just south of Valentine that I spoke of earlier and rewards you when its done. The Lumber Yard near Strawberry also evolves over time, and gives various missions.

Fignuts 10-29-2018 06:31 AM

Also, if you get stranded somewhere away from your horse you can ask a passing carraige for a ride.

Jordan 10-29-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5189545)

LOL yes, state. It is a big map but it doesn't feel uselessly big.

ClockShot 10-29-2018 07:56 PM

Uggggh.

Missed out on an American Paint horse. One of the rarest in the game apparently.

Would have given me an automatic boost in horsepower.....

No pun intended.

Fignuts 10-30-2018 01:22 AM

GREAT loot stash northwest of strawberry

It's a little shack in an area called Vetter's Echo, on a road between mount shann and little creek river.

Guy inside is already dead. Just walk in and take what you want.

Destor 10-31-2018 11:42 AM

https://scontent.flex1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...22&oe=5C857256
https://scontent.flex1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...27&oe=5C4D7DFE

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-31-2018 12:34 PM

wah wah wah wah waahhhh

Fignuts 10-31-2018 01:24 PM

Isn't thaht the chick who got fired for being a cunt on twitter?