TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Marvel Studios' Secret Invasion (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=139330)

M-A-G 09-10-2022 10:51 PM

Marvel Studios' Secret Invasion

I have questions. :o

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qZVTkn2NjS0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD 09-11-2022 05:59 PM

Did not expect this kind of tone.

Fignuts 09-11-2022 07:08 PM

I didn't either but I like it.

drave 09-12-2022 07:19 AM

This actually IS such good shit!

M-A-G 04-02-2023 10:54 PM

This post is sponsored by Josie & the Pussycats

I really think this is where they kill off Fury for good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tp_YZNqNBhw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD 04-03-2023 01:37 AM

Head and shoulders above most of MCUs recent output.

M-A-G 06-21-2023 08:11 AM

This post is sponsored by Randy Savage's top rope elbow

I've seen headlines for articles claiming that this is Marvel at its lowest and how much of a failure it is, but I'm not sure where they're coming from. I was completely into the first episode as it lays things out fairly clearly and you understand where these characters are coming from, on both sides of the story. All things being fair, it is only the first episode, and assuming those articles are being completely honest, it's safe to say that things will just completely break down as time goes on. I'm still interested, for what it is worth.

SPOILER: show
Nice idea to have the daughter of Talos being one of the members of the splinter sect of Skrulls. There's a lot of potential for good drama there, but I'm still not sold on Emilia Clarke. It does win A LOT of points for the balls to kill off Maria Hill so props on that. That's a major story twist that I hope isn't squandered.

Lock Jaw 06-22-2023 01:00 AM

Just watched it and was kinda bored....

Lock Jaw 06-22-2023 01:03 AM

Also "put off" by people who wear toques as a "style" where they don't cover their ears....

XL 06-22-2023 03:57 PM

I was pretty happy with it for a 1st episode.

M-A-G 06-28-2023 08:29 AM

This post is sponsored by Felix and Locus

Second episode continued to keep me hooked. I enjoy the serious tone this is going for and I appreciate this take on Fury where he doesn't have all the answers and it's making things worse for everyone around him. Like I said before, I'm still anticipating the part where the series earns all of that negativity from reviewers, but so far, so good. There's nothing blatantly insulting about this and I like it when these shows fill in the gaps and tackle questions that might've been on the minds of viewers of past productions. How this links to The Marvels later in the year is still up in the air.

I think they could've done more with the aftermath of Hill's death, but getting her mother involved was nice. I can see people being split on the conversation between Rhodes and Fury. Personally, I think it's a discussion I absolutely believe these two would have, but maybe not here. I don't know if I'm saying that right.

M-A-G 07-06-2023 03:12 AM

This post is sponsored by the equator

Third episode is pretty bleh. I was pretty much able to guess where it was going. I doubt the ending is legit as we have 3 more episodes to go. I'm glad they haven't gone all out with revealing which establushed characters have been imposters and keeping things low key. If nothing else, the main antagonist does have a really punchable face in my opinion.

XL 07-06-2023 03:20 PM

Trouble with a show like this is you’re just waiting to have the rug pulled from under you so it’s hard to invest. Like we know we’re going to have some reveals of who are Skrulls and so I can’t buy into what’s happening with to the characters.

M-A-G 07-13-2023 03:43 AM

This post is sponsored by Ryu's Shin Shoryuken

Fourth episode is fucking great even though the resolution of getting around what happened with Gai'a last week is kind of bullshit. The ending hit pretty hard even though
it's the fucking third time they've ended an episode with someone getting killed or at least looking like they were killed.
I'm invested enough to want to know where it's all going, but I'm worried that the final episode is going to be where it all falls apart. Some of these shows have a problem with sticking the landing despite the journey being somewhat enjoyable.

M-A-G 07-20-2023 10:09 PM

This post is sponsored by "Guardians Inferno"

An enjoyable fifth episode, but it feels like the pacing doesn't allow them to really let the big events sink in. The conclusion of the fourth episode is certainly addressed, but it doesn't feel like the big emotional punch it should be because the show needs to move on to the next thing. There's still a lot of stuff that I hope the last episode address, and I have to reiterate my concern that it's all going to end fairly weak.

As an aside, there's a theory floating around based on one background item in the 4th episode that makes the claim that the show is doing its part to acknowledge mutants. I think it's more wishful thinking than anything else like a lot of these fan theories go. I just think it odd that THIS show would be the one to foreshadow anything related to X-Men.

XL 07-21-2023 02:57 AM

You do? I’m waiting for Mystique to make an appearance revealing herself as someone we believe is a Skrull.

M-A-G 07-26-2023 09:40 PM

This post is sponsored by Adobe Acrobat

Yeah, the finale is pretty weak sauce. The whole "super powered" climax is dumb. At the very least, go all out and really take advantage of the idea. There's nothing major to really make you go "Oh, shit, now what?!?"

I'm almost positive there's going to be a large contingent of fans that are going to be extremely disappointed in the lack of any major revelations as to who's been a Skrull. I'm personally fine with it as I don't want an opening for any actors who have hung things up to come back into the fold. But really, the whole G'iah becomes a Super Skrull thing is fucking stupid.

Anyways, I'm hoping The Marvels leaves a much better taste in my mouth. I'm not upset that I saw it, but like a lot of these shows in recent times, they have trouble wrapping things up in a strong and engaging fashion.

Big Vic 07-27-2023 12:01 PM

I haven't watched any of this, is a Skrull what was at the end of Far from home?

M-A-G 07-27-2023 12:21 PM

This post is sponsored by Gerardo

Yes.

Destor 08-04-2023 07:43 PM

Awful show. If these writers think theyre worth more money the studios should air this show on repeat on the picket lines

Lock Jaw 08-18-2023 03:40 PM

Finally watched the rest of this. It certainly existed. I liked the British lady, whoever she was and whatever her name is.

Feel like the MCU is a bit of a "disconnected mess" right now, we shall see if any of this actually matters or is followed up on.

XL 08-19-2023 03:46 PM

Do you mean Olivia Coleman or the character she played?

Lock Jaw 08-19-2023 04:13 PM

Yeah, looks like it was her

XL 08-20-2023 04:36 PM

You haven’t seen her in anything before?

M-A-G 08-20-2023 05:34 PM

"Missed opportunity" is probably the best way to sum up the whole thing. You think "Secret Invasion" and you envision something fairly grand, something with revelations and major repercussions that will ripple for a while. I'm probably speaking too soon, but even if this led to bigger and better things, how much of the audience will be willing to care?

Rammsteinmad 08-25-2023 06:32 AM

Meh. Just finished it. It was okay. Absolutely nothing like the comics, and kinda dragged a bit. Wasn't terrible, but just, as others have said, it's just kinda there.