TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Vince's Most Questionable moments (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=136155)

The MAC 04-16-2019 03:52 AM

Vince's Most Questionable moments

Vince McMahon was reportedly so upset that his name was mentioned during Bret Hart's speech at the WWE Hall of Fame, and one of his writers was so convinced he might lose his job over it, that the writer quit before he could be fired.

Also, DX went to town mentioning Vinces name - wonder if that writer commited suicide.

So I thought it would be a good time to make mention of our favorite "Vince decisions and moments" that made us question the "genius" of the man who created Wrestlemania...

READDDDYYYY GOOO!

XL 04-16-2019 05:33 AM

Well you’d have to mention his way over the top reaction to Titus over the whole Bryan retirement deal.

Droford 04-16-2019 09:27 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mPPqHukFTWY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Danny Electric 04-16-2019 11:09 AM

Has Booker T ever reacted to that?

I think Vince trying to push for an incest angle between himself/Shane and Stephanie has got to be up there too.

Droford 04-16-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5244302)
Has Booker T ever reacted to that?

I think Vince trying to push for an incest angle between himself/Shane and Stephanie has got to be up there too.

"Tell me he didn't just say that"

Droford 04-16-2019 11:14 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X3m1jd_W4Uo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Danny Electric 04-16-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 5244305)
"Tell me he didn't just say that"

😀 I meant as in a podcast/interview/article.

Droford 04-16-2019 11:27 AM

<iframe width="438" height="246" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-s_1xrUUST4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

xrodmuc316 04-16-2019 04:30 PM

Questionable storylines and booking decisions, there is a ton, too many to count.

As for real life, how about running a 3 hour tribute episode to Chris Benoit after he killed his wife and kid?

Yes the full story was not yet out to the public, but it became pretty clear after time went by that WWE knew what had happened a few hours before Raw ever went on the air, and still went with the tribute episode knowing they would need to backtrack after, which Vince did the next night on ECW.

That was a questionable decision.

Emperor Smeat 04-16-2019 04:51 PM

Having the first person Brock Lesnar lost to after he ended Taker's Mania streak being Taker himself.

Wasted two huge potential star making rubs in favor of Taker getting his "win" back instead. Killed the rub from the streak ending and the rub from Lesnar's streak killing aura.

DAMN iNATOR 04-16-2019 06:55 PM

Shane & Vince v. Shawn and "God":

xrodmuc316 04-16-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 5244417)
Shane & Vince v. Shawn and "God":

Not gonna lie, the special effects from that gimmick were pure comedy. The spotlight in the corner, McMahon acting like the ground was shaking, classic!

And Vince doing the HHH Spit with the holy water, amazing.

DAMN iNATOR 04-16-2019 07:00 PM

One where he wasn't directly involved on-camera (the infamous segment that was pre-taped, and furthermore approved by WWE to air hours after the 7/7/2005 London bomb attacks):

OOF.

Vastardikai 04-16-2019 10:13 PM

Rita Chatterton (allegedly)

xrodmuc316 04-17-2019 03:51 AM

Oh duh, I know. Basically anything he has attempted outside of wrestling lol.

Ico-Pro
WBF
XFL
WWF New York

Dude is real good at throwing money down the tubes that he could have used for Wrestler's pensions, you know, the ones that made him the money in the first place.

Evil Vito 04-17-2019 07:21 AM

I’ve often wondered if Vince is a genius with idiot tendencies or an idiot with genius tendencies.

erickman 04-17-2019 07:45 AM

any time he deals with hbo

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-17-2019 07:58 AM

covering up Jimmy Snuka murdering his girlfriend.

Seanny One Ball 04-17-2019 10:54 AM

Mabel as King Of The Ring

Big Vic 04-17-2019 10:59 AM

The booking of 90% of the Kings after KOTR

The Viking Experience.

Gerard 04-17-2019 12:48 PM

Hiring back Brock who has literally phoned in every match since his return? Yet the old man thinks Monkey boy is box office..

Big Vic 04-17-2019 01:23 PM

Which return?

xrodmuc316 04-17-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerard (Post 5244880)
Hiring back Brock who has literally phoned in every match since his return? Yet the old man thinks Monkey boy is box office..

Lesnar was the definition of printing money from Mania 30-Hell in the Cell the following year. A solid 18 months. After that, he pretty much phoned it in lol.

Big Vic 04-18-2019 11:13 AM

He didn't phone it in before that either.

Matches with Bryan and AJ we really good too.

KIRA 04-22-2019 03:06 PM

This may be more questioning his sanity but his absolute Banning of the word wrestling.

Loudly proclaiming the women's Revolution while heading to a region of the world with the worst women's rights/ human rights record imaginable. ( yes the money but still it comes across as really disingenuous

His mocking of Jr's Bell's palsy every time I think about that it pisses me off.

He had this annoying tendency to play out his personal grudges in the ring and then be surprised when the fans s*** all over it

Rammsteinmad 04-22-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vic (Post 5245042)
He didn't phone it in before that either.

Matches with Bryan and AJ we really good too.

What a coincidence, that is.

Gerard 04-22-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 5245834)

Very strange. :eek:

Evil Vito 04-22-2019 04:38 PM

I remember in like 2008 or 2009 they briefly banned the word "superstars" and all of the male wrestlers had to be referred to as "entertainers"

It sounded so fucking dumb, and even WWE realized it as they went back to superstars within a couple of weeks

Gerard 04-22-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRA (Post 5245831)
This may be more questioning his sanity but his absolute Banning of the word wrestling.

Because he's a loon with an inferiority complex. He hates his background, being brought up in a caravan in North Carolina, his whole success is based on what was viewed for many years (and still is in some places) as redneck entertainment "Pro Wrestling" and that's something he seemingly can't stand. Hence the whole "sports entertainment \ superstar" shit, instead of Wrestling and Wrestler.

He said on the Austin podcast "pro wrestling" was what his dad did, and not what he does. What is he doing that makes it so much different in his mind? It's the same basic premise with a bigger budget behind it.

xrodmuc316 04-22-2019 06:15 PM

How about having a draft lottery, then changing his mind and randomly moving people back 6 days later lol

Seanny One Ball 04-22-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRA (Post 5245831)
His mocking of Jr's Bell's palsy every time I think about that it pisses me off.

Googling this at 11.59pm still technically ruined my day.

Bad News Gertner 04-22-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerard (Post 5245860)
Because he's a loon with an inferiority complex. He hates his background, being brought up in a caravan in North Carolina, his whole success is based on what was viewed for many years (and still is in some places) as redneck entertainment "Pro Wrestling" and that's something he seemingly can't stand. Hence the whole "sports entertainment \ superstar" shit, instead of Wrestling and Wrestler.

He said on the Austin podcast "pro wrestling" was what his dad did, and not what he does. What is he doing that makes it so much different in his mind? It's the same basic premise with a bigger budget behind it.

With his dad, the names on the marquee were the wrestlers in the Main Event

With Vince , it's the WWE on the marquee. His dad sold the wrestlers, Vince sells the brand. That's the difference.

Gerard 04-23-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman King Gertner (Post 5246075)
With his dad, the names on the marquee were the wrestlers in the Main Event

With Vince , it's the WWE on the marquee. His dad sold the wrestlers, Vince sells the brand. That's the difference.

Maybe so but you have to have people that fans want to see for the brand to go anywhere. Vince seems to be under the delusion he doesn't do "wrestling" at all.

Seanny One Ball 04-23-2019 11:43 AM

He can call it whatever he wants. Call it Not Wrestling. It's not wrestling is it. It wasn't wrestling in the 90's when he finally admitted it was fixed, it wasn't wrestling in the 50's,60's,70's and 80's when everybody knew but nobody was talking in public and it wasn't wrestling in the Lewis, Gotch, Burns days either when they first realised that a staged fight could be a bigger attraction than a carnival and could be done over and over again ad infinitum as long as nobody was really trying to kill the other guy because the next town over would want to see it too.

Wrestling is often terribly boring. That's why one David Shultz is a star to this day and the other one only got famous for being shot dead by a crazy millionaire and being played by Mark Ruffalo in the movie. A movie he isn't even the focus of.

So that's what wrestling gets ya. Shot in the driveway by Steve Carell.

Bad News Gertner 04-23-2019 11:49 AM

There are multiple newspaper articles dating back to the 30's calling wrestling fixed.
Jack Pfefer went public in the media about wrestling being fixed.

Gerard 04-23-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5246284)
He can call it whatever he wants. Call it Not Wrestling. It's not wrestling is it. It wasn't wrestling in the 90's when he finally admitted it was fixed, it wasn't wrestling in the 50's,60's,70's and 80's when everybody knew but nobody was talking in public and it wasn't wrestling in the Lewis, Gotch, Burns days either when they first realised that a staged fight could be a bigger attraction than a carnival and could be done over and over again ad infinitum as long as nobody was really trying to kill the other guy because the next town over would want to see it too.

Wrestling is often terribly boring. That's why one David Shultz is a star to this day and the other one only got famous for being shot dead by a crazy millionaire and being played by Mark Ruffalo in the movie. A movie he isn't even the focus of.

So that's what wrestling gets ya. Shot in the driveway by Steve Carell.

It's not amateur wrestling, which is real, it is "pro" wrestling which is choreographed.

Big Vic 04-23-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 5245834)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerard (Post 5245857)
Very strange. :eek:

Brock can phone it in with a good wrestler, ask Rollins and Ambrose.

Seanny One Ball 04-23-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman King Gertner (Post 5246286)
There are multiple newspaper articles dating back to the 30's calling wrestling fixed.

There are articles dating back to the late 1800's man.

I doubt there's an era of wrestling that doesn't have plenty of evidence supporting the notion it was entirely worked.
That Turkish invasion thing was funny when I read about it last year.

I was delighted when I found out all of that stuff was just as fake as Hulk Hogan. It proves that history is better off reimagined than revisited.

Seanny One Ball 04-23-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerard (Post 5246316)
It's not amateur wrestling, which is real, it is "pro" wrestling which is choreographed.

It's Sports Entertainment or Not Wrestling or whatever Vince tells us it is.

No wrestling is wrestling. Even the Greeks took cash dives.

Gerard 04-23-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5246333)
It's Sports Entertainment or Not Wrestling or whatever Vince tells us it is.

No wrestling is wrestling. Even the Greeks took cash dives.

Vince is fulla shit though. :nono: