TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Breaking Bad movie is in the works (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135615)

OverTaker 11-07-2018 10:06 PM

Breaking Bad movie is in the works

Just a few hours ago, we reported that Vince Gilligan was developing a Breaking Bad movie about “the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom.” That was literally all we knew, but now /Film has “confirmed” that the kidnapped man is none other than Aaron Paul’s Jesse Pinkman and that the plot of the movie will directly follow the events of the series finale. None of that has been officially announced, so we don’t know if it’s true, but it does seem like a relatively safe assumption.

Jesse got kidnapped by Nazi meth guys who forced him to replicate Walter White’s recipe near the end of the series, and he only escaped when Walt showed up and murdered everybody with a robot machine gun that he built into the trunk of a car. Walt died after being reunited with his true love, a meth lab, while Jesse drove off into the night in a fit of screaming laughter. (It was a wild finale.) Jesse seemed to be free at the end, but it would be pretty easy for Gilligan to introduce some other bad guys who want to stop him from getting away and opening up the “quest for freedom” teased in the movie’s description. Basically, the pieces fit, whether or not AMC and Vince Gilligan have come right out and said that this is the correct shape.

Meanwhile, Bryan Cranston himself has offered his own thoughts on the movie, telling The Dan Patrick Show (via Birth. Movies. Death.) that he hasn’t read a script for the Breaking Bad movie and that he has no idea if there’s a place for Walter White in it. He does cautiously admit that he believes the movie is about “a couple of the characters” who did not really finish “their journey,” which seems to back up the Jesse Pinkman idea, but that’s all he’d say. It’s worth repeating, though, that Walt definitely did die in the finale, so bringing him in would require either ghosts/hallucinations or flashback shenanigans—neither of which would be totally unheard of.

Source: AV news

Big Vic 11-08-2018 09:26 AM

Seems like it might be fun as a wrap-up although I do think its completely necessary.

Wish Sopranos had a wrap up movie after Tony's death.

Destor 11-08-2018 09:36 AM

Why

slik 11-08-2018 10:44 AM

I can't think of what this would be about other than maybe an update on Jesse?

BB had one of the perfect finales for a tv series, seems kind of unnecessary...but then again, Disney is plowing ahead with a Toy Story 4 despite TS having the perfect ending to a pretty rare perfect trilogy...

Big Vic 11-08-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5194064)
Why

https://media.giphy.com/media/HhWG41ntlV6UM/giphy.gif

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-08-2018 03:04 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AxK9qJCpH-8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ClockShot 11-08-2018 03:33 PM

Vince (Gilligan) just doesn't want to let it go.

OverTaker 11-09-2018 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClockShot (Post 5194209)
Vince (Gilligan) just doesn't want to let it go.

Me neither;)

Seanny One Ball 11-09-2018 12:01 PM

Aaron Paul hasn't done much of note since it ended so he'll be thoroughly type-cast if they go ahead with this. It's strange how he has stalled career-wise, he was the most wonderful emotional actor on that show. He's responsible for some of the most realistic scenes in Breaking Bad actually. I hope he can transfer that to the big screen someday.

Sixx 11-09-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5194484)
Aaron Paul hasn't done much of note since it ended so he'll be thoroughly type-cast if they go ahead with this. It's strange how he has stalled career-wise, he was the most wonderful emotional actor on that show. He's responsible for some of the most realistic scenes in Breaking Bad actually. I hope he can transfer that to the big screen someday.

Type-cast? No waaaaaaaaaay!

2013 Saturday Night Live Meth Nephew

OverTaker 09-04-2019 02:48 AM

UPDATE:Search Results
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie/Initial release
October 11, 2019
Image result for breaking bad movie release
The “Breaking Bad” movie is coming to Netflix sooner than you might think. The film, titled “El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie,” is now set to be released on Netflix on Oct. 11, according to a report from the New York Times, with Aaron Paul returning as the series' popular meth cook Jesse Pinkman.Aug 24, 2019

OverTaker 09-04-2019 02:49 AM

Can't wait for this!!!!

Destor 09-04-2019 04:03 PM

Why

OverTaker 09-04-2019 06:55 PM

Why NOT?

Destor 09-04-2019 07:12 PM

The narrtive was complete and didnt need a gratuitous cash in?

Lock Jaw 09-04-2019 07:16 PM

It will probably be good, but unnecessary like Better Call Saul.

Seanny One Ball 09-04-2019 07:21 PM

Saul Goodman had a lot more to give, so narratively it makes sense. I don't know that there's much juice left to squeeze at the other end of the time line.

Frank Drebin 09-04-2019 09:16 PM

I rather enjoy Better Call Saul.

+1 on what Seanny just said.

Lock Jaw 09-04-2019 09:21 PM

I really enjoy it too. Just saying that it didn't "need" to be made.

OverTaker 09-04-2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5281855)
The narrtive was complete and didnt need a gratuitous cash in?

Yes the story couldve stopped there but being a huge BB fan...i wouldnt care if. Marie cried the majority of the film and Jesse would sit around and get stoned In the whole movie.

OverTaker 09-04-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 5281910)
I rather enjoy Better Call Saul.

+1 on what Seanny just said.

Im hoping Saul makes an appearance as well but he already said that they finished the movie without him knowing is either a lie or he's right.

Destor 09-05-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverTaker (Post 5281966)
Yes the story couldve stopped there but being a huge BB fan...i wouldnt care if. Marie cried the majority of the film and Jesse would sit around and get stoned In the whole movie.

yeah thats why its a cash in.