TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Black Panther (2018) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133271)

El Vaquero de Infierno 02-15-2018 03:50 PM

I'm planning on seeing it after work on Monday.

ClockShot 02-15-2018 03:59 PM

Buddy and I are catching it Tuesday.

RP 02-15-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClockShot (Post 5085799)
Buddy and I are catching it Tuesday.

Be safe

Swiss Ultimate 02-15-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5081175)

Laurence Fishburne isn't on Twitter.

Lock Jaw 02-15-2018 06:14 PM

I refuse to believe that anything I saw on the internet would mislead me.

Swiss Ultimate 02-15-2018 06:50 PM

The insane woman is real, of course, and voted for Obama twice.

Lock Jaw 02-15-2018 08:01 PM

Decided to go see it. Starts in 25 minutes. At theater early to get a prime seat.

Lock Jaw 02-15-2018 08:12 PM

Theater pretty full already. No prime seat for me, but not a bad seat either.

RP 02-15-2018 08:37 PM

Hope you locked your bike up

Destor 02-15-2018 09:56 PM

Im so pumped for this. 36ish hours away

Lock Jaw 02-15-2018 11:12 PM

Just back from it. Another good, but probably forgettable, Marvel movie.

RP 02-16-2018 04:09 AM

And here we go. People on Twitter saying the villain in Black Panther is better than Heath Ledgers Joker.

Nope. Havent even seen the movie and still... nope.

RP 02-16-2018 04:10 AM

Cant believe that's Wallace though.

slik 02-16-2018 08:53 AM

Seeing this tonight, can't wait!

Lock Jaw 02-16-2018 01:16 PM

I bet you will, though.

RP 02-16-2018 04:00 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;i shit you not....in high school they used to call me the White Panther&quot; <a href="https://t.co/mGMAthWoY8">pic.twitter.com/mGMAthWoY8</a></p>&mdash; Quitter Fredette (@HaroldBingo) <a href="https://twitter.com/HaroldBingo/status/964331731162611712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

slik 02-16-2018 11:12 PM

Loved it!

Destor 02-17-2018 04:24 PM

Overall it was really solid. On pure story i want to say its an 8 and the cgi was criminally poor that i cant.

Killmonger was ace. Top 3 marvel villain easy.

Andy Circus was really good as well.

The whole cast was strong.

The score caught me most off guard. Expected a rap heavy sound track but ot was a strong orchestral score that fit the culture at the same time.. really phenomenal.

There were several oners that were ace

White Gorrilla pissed me off a bit but thats the only realy gripe out side of the CARTOONISHLY BAD CG.

7/10

El Vaquero de Infierno 02-18-2018 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Vaquero de Infierno (Post 5085798)
I'm planning on seeing it after work on Monday.

Actually, I'll see it on the 26th; I'm going to see The Shape of Water, instead, tomorrow.

Nicky Fives 02-18-2018 02:05 PM

Saw it yesterday. Played in the biggest room of out theater and it was close to half full for the screening at 4. Heard the worker tell the kid in front of us that they ran out of the commemorative popcorn buckets already, so that's gotta be a good sign.

Overall, movie was great. No complaints whatsoever, a bit weird seeing Michael B. Jordan play a bad guy, but he did a great job.

Emperor Smeat 02-19-2018 06:20 PM

According to reports, Black Panther managed to beat Deadpool's record for highest ever President Day weekend box office, 2nd highest launch week box office for a Marvel film, and estimated to break The Force Awakens for highest ever Sunday box office record.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destructoid
Disney originally believed the film would bring in only $120 million over the entire four-day weekend. The movie beat that in two. It destroyed Deadpool's Presidents' Day weekend record of $152 million. It broke the record for Thursday previews in February, and was the second highest grossing for a Marvel film. It is close to overtaking (and may do so once final counts are in after the holiday) The Force Awakens for the biggest Sunday box office ever. Estimations put its total four-day weekend gross at a staggering $235 million.

Sixx 02-19-2018 06:31 PM

So many black people in the world!

KIRA 02-20-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixx (Post 5086722)
So many black people in the world!

Which exactly why I want that sock Black Widow to see it

Saw it back on the 15 I'd say the hype was well deserved I had fun great cast great lines Killmonger is hard not to sympathize with even though hes wrong

Destor is right man that CGI won't age well AT ALL.

8.7/10

Damian Rey 2.0 02-20-2018 10:43 PM

Agreed with Destor's review. I liked it a lot but it's nite groundbreaking.

Damian Rey 2.0 02-20-2018 10:43 PM

And as good as he was, Killmonger wasn't close to TDK joker

Destor 02-20-2018 10:47 PM

Marvel has a weak history with on screen villains so it was nice to have a villain that sparked debate of any sort

Tom Guycott 02-20-2018 11:20 PM

Saw it in "Real 3D" last Thursday night. Most folks took the cheapass route, and all the conventional showings were sold out (correction before some dumbass race joke: plenty of white folks were there to see it). Was able to get optimal seats.

The CGI wasn't as noticably bad in the 3D perspective as it likely was normally, though it did have a couple of shots - ironically with Black Panther himself - where it was Catwoman levels of bad, and then it went back to being fairly seamless.

Also, I thought the setup for the final showdown was going somewhere that it didn't.

As for Killmonger being compared to Ledger's Joker - yeah, I can see that. Partially, because I think Ledger's legend was inflated post mortem (not saying he wasn't damn good, because that was a spectacular take of Joker, *but* after he kicked off, the performance went from simply being damn good to being deified), and partially because Michael B. took a lower tier Marvel villain and rocked that shit. Also, you feel his intent. I don't know which villain is written and/or cast better: Kingpin*, Vulture, or Killmonger, but that is absolutely an argument that can be had and any of the 3 have solid cases behind them.

And I'm glad I have a reason to like Martin Freeman in MCU now. He was a shithead in all his other brief appearances, and in this, he went from being a "Mr. know-it-all" to "Mr. Oh shit, I'm in over my head".

*Vincent D'onofrio, not Michael Clarke Duncan. He was a good Kingpin as well, but much like Ben Affleck being Daredevil, he had a decent portrayal in a shitty movie, and that's not really his fault.

Tom Guycott 02-20-2018 11:30 PM

Also, this shit right here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5085175)

... yeah. Because when you got a badass army of aggressive, bald, black chicks, you need some of them to be visibly scissoring solely for the sake of inclusion. Because they gots to be all lesbians, right? :|

KIRA 02-21-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Guycott (Post 5087360)
Also, this shit right here...

... yeah. Because when you got a badass army of aggressive, bald, black chicks, you need some of them to be visibly scissoring solely for the sake of inclusion. Because they gots to be all lesbians, right? :|

I'd kill a man to see a crossover with the Amazons

Damian Rey 2.0 02-21-2018 11:47 AM

I agree on Killmonger being infinitely more interesting than most marvel villains. As was Vulture. Both were bad but for relatable reasons, whichis what made them interesting. I thought Michael B killed it. Was absolutely convincing in his character's motives and his backstory as well as his trip to the ancestral plane were the more interesting parts of the movie.

Destor 02-21-2018 03:50 PM

Usually i do a lot of posts about he financials but im gonna skip and say this is killing it and will double expectations (thanks to that super cheap cgi budget fo sho ;) )

Savio 02-21-2018 08:24 PM

Lot of Anti-white rhetoric on my facebook since the release of this movie.

Destor 02-21-2018 09:19 PM

Being racist against white poeple was cool before this movie came out

KIRA 02-21-2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savio (Post 5087526)
Lot of Anti-white rhetoric on my facebook since the release of this movie.

Those people clearly missed the end of the movie

KIRA 02-21-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Guycott (Post 5087358)
Saw it in "Real 3D" last Thursday night. Most folks took the cheapass route, and all the conventional showings were sold out (correction before some dumbass race joke: plenty of white folks were there to see it). Was able to get optimal seats.

The CGI wasn't as noticably bad in the 3D perspective as it likely was normally, though it did have a couple of shots - ironically with Black Panther himself - where it was Catwoman levels of bad, and then it went back to being fairly seamless.

Also, I thought the setup for the final showdown was going somewhere that it didn't.

As for Killmonger being compared to Ledger's Joker - yeah, I can see that. Partially, because I think Ledger's legend was inflated post mortem (not saying he wasn't damn good, because that was a spectacular take of Joker, *but* after he kicked off, the performance went from simply being damn good to being deified), and partially because Michael B. took a lower tier Marvel villain and rocked that shit. Also, you feel his intent. I don't know which villain is written and/or cast better: Kingpin*, Vulture, or Killmonger, but that is absolutely an argument that can be had and any of the 3 have solid cases behind them.

And I'm glad I have a reason to like Martin Freeman in MCU now. He was a shithead in all his other brief appearances, and in this, he went from being a "Mr. know-it-all" to "Mr. Oh shit, I'm in over my head".

*Vincent D'onofrio, not Michael Clarke Duncan. He was a good Kingpin as well, but much like Ben Affleck being Daredevil, he had a decent portrayal in a shitty movie, and that's not really his fault.

Jordan did say he studied Ledgers Joker to prep

Savio 02-24-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5087533)
Being racist against white poeple was cool before this movie came out

Yeah, just a lot more now.

Black Widow 02-24-2018 07:25 PM

The 1st Marvel movie i anit gonna bother with getting around to.

KIRA 02-24-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Widow (Post 5088189)
The 1st Marvel movie i anit gonna bother with getting around to.

A 5 yr old tried to hug me yesterday I side-stepped him and he fell

I have no regrets

Sixx 02-25-2018 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRA (Post 5088196)
A 5 yr old tried to hug me yesterday I side-stepped him and he fell

I have no regrets

No idea what you're on about, but this made me laugh. Thanks, I'm waking up. :)

Fignuts 02-25-2018 12:57 AM

Kids are fucking annoying. Love seeing them trip and fall.