TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Seanny asks Gertner Wrestling Questions Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=136133)

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-20-2019 08:37 AM

YOU'RE ALL DEAD TO ME

Seanny One Ball 04-20-2019 08:57 AM

I would say Bradshaw hit the best clothesline too because every second clip I see of Hansen throwing the Lariat looks sloppy as shit and liable to take the poor bastard's torso off. He threw that thing at the back of guy's heads too.
It's weird because he honestly looks like he could run a nice little diner at the side of the road nowadays.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-20-2019 09:00 AM

Bradshaw can't lace Stan Hansen's boots

Bad News Gertner 04-20-2019 09:02 AM

Nobody threw a better Lariat than in shape Acolyte Bradshaw.

Seanny One Ball 04-20-2019 09:03 AM

Who do you think was the most dangerously sloppy or stiff worker?
Hansen broke Sammartino's neck, Vader's nose, popped Vader's eye out in the same match and I've never heard him referred to as much worse than stiff and blind.

Seanny One Ball 04-20-2019 09:05 AM

I watched Shamrock/Vader from 97 last night and that was a stiff match but pretty safe until Vader suplexed Shamrock from the ring to the floor outside... he drops him ten feet onto his knees. Looked terrible.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-20-2019 09:11 AM

lol my favourite moment in that match (well I think it's everyone's favourite moment) is when Vader finally has had enough of Ken, and FUCKING SMASHES him with that clothesline in the corner. Fuck it was funny.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-20-2019 09:11 AM

also the classic "EASE UP"

Mr. Nerfect 04-20-2019 09:28 AM

Surprised Ken Shamrock has never done anything more with WWE. Like, he’s old now, but they have seemingly just forgotten him. Maybe it’s because they think he’s too rattled in the head?

Evil Vito 04-20-2019 09:46 AM

Every time I think "bad wrestler, great gimmick" my mind automatically defaults to Deuce 'n Domino. I loved that team way more than I had any right to just because of the over the top gimmickry.

And to be fair, Domino wasn't bad especially based on his indy run later. Deuce though might've been one of the worst guys they ever had under contract. I dunno if he had something wrong with him physically or if he was just lazy but he flat out refused to bump and would constantly grab the ropes on the way down. And considering they spent months working a fiery babyface team in London and Kendrick, not being able to bump and feed throws off the pacing of everything.

Bad News Gertner 04-20-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5245438)
Who do you think was the most dangerously sloppy or stiff worker?
Hansen broke Sammartino's neck, Vader's nose, popped Vader's eye out in the same match and I've never heard him referred to as much worse than stiff and blind.

Lol a 300 pound blind Texan. A receipe for disaster.

Bad News Gertner 04-20-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito (Post 5245450)
Every time I think "bad wrestler, great gimmick" my mind automatically defaults to Deuce 'n Domino. I loved that team way more than I had any right to just because of the over the top gimmickry.

And to be fair, Domino wasn't bad especially based on his indy run later. Deuce though might've been one of the worst guys they ever had under contract. I dunno if he had something wrong with him physically or if he was just lazy but he flat out refused to bump and would constantly grab the ropes on the way down. And considering they spent months working a fiery babyface team in London and Kendrick, not being able to bump and feed throws off the pacing of everything.

They talk about It 5 minutes into the video

Evil Vito 04-20-2019 10:49 AM

Hahaha I knew I remembered hearing them complain about him somewhere. Wanna re-watch that whole shoot now cause I remember it being hilarious.

Mr. Nerfect 04-20-2019 11:27 AM

Brian Kendrick tells a story about literally pissing on John Cena.

#1-norm-fan 04-20-2019 06:54 PM

I think that’s the shoot where Paul London literally says he’ll be happy when Vince is dead. Lol

Mr. Nerfect 04-20-2019 07:27 PM

I still freakin' love London. The guy was pretty ahead of his time. If he came around now, it's easy to imagine him getting the same sort of treatment as a Johnny Gargano. Well, whatever that is worth. An independent leader at the time. Buuuut, the more time that passes, the more I wonder if the dude was just literally insane. He seems to make a lot of sense some of the time, but other times, he really seems "out of it."

A bit sad to hear him say that he and Kendrick hadn't spoken in over a year at one point. That was around the time of the CWC.

Mr. Nerfect 04-20-2019 07:27 PM

Actually, was just about to make a thread about ROH. I would not be opposed, providing he is still in shape, for London having a "comeback run" in ROH. They need something.

#1-norm-fan 04-20-2019 07:33 PM

Paul London has wrestled for a company in LA a friend of mine worked for. I haven’t actually talked to him but from what my friend has told me based on hours of conversation, Paul London is the Noid of the indy wrestling world. Just constantly talking about how shitty modern wrestling is. You’d love him.

Mr. Nerfect 04-20-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5245504)
Paul London has wrestled for a company in LA a friend of mine worked for. I haven’t actually talked to him but from what my friend has told me based on hours of conversation, Paul London is the Noid of the indy wrestling world. Just constantly talking about how shitty modern wrestling is. You’d love him.

:love:

He goes hard on Triple H, which I love. I'm not really in on the whole "Triple H is the future mind of wrestling" thing. I think he's playing hipster brew-maker right now for his own ego. He knows what happens on the main roster, and he's not putting any of them over him up there. They're his kids down there, but there's a difference between touch footy in the backyard and the big NFL game, where he is going to book himself like the Patriots.

Seanny One Ball 04-20-2019 10:10 PM

Why don't you go blow Sal Sincere in somebody else's awesome thread you dweebs

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-20-2019 11:05 PM

Seanny read your rep

Seanny One Ball 04-20-2019 11:08 PM

Cool, thanks!

#1-norm-fan 04-20-2019 11:16 PM

I’m down for blowing Deuce ‘n’ Domino if you’d find that less offensive.

They’re probably in my top 5 favorite 2000s tag teams for the gimmick alone. Also, top 5 best themes of all time.

Mr. Nerfect 04-20-2019 11:35 PM

Fucking hated Deuce N' Domino for ending London & Kendrick's reign.

Bad News Gertner 04-21-2019 07:48 AM

Remember when Deuce moved to Raw and became Sim Snuka and tried to get into Legacy? I think he beat Rey Mysterio on Raw.

XL 04-21-2019 08:12 AM

Sim Snuka and Manu lol

Supreme Olajuwon 04-21-2019 08:13 AM

Member when Deuce almost broke the Undertaker’s neck at Wrestlemania?

Bad News Gertner 04-21-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5245615)
Sim Snuka and Manu lol

My grandmas cat was named Minew, so Manu reminded me of my grandmas old dead cat.

Evil Vito 04-21-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5245577)
Fucking hated Deuce N' Domino for ending London & Kendrick's reign.

Funny enough Domino retweeted that yesterday was the 12 year anniversary of them winning the titles. So for shits and grins I looked the match up.

It wasn’t even a tag match lol. London took himself out with a missed moonsault on the outside which led to Kendrick getting the shit beaten out of him for 10 minutes before getting pinned.

What a lame way to start a title reign. And that basically was it for Londrick as they got sent to Raw to rot not long after.

Evil Vito 04-21-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5245615)
Sim Snuka and Manu lol

Lol they got the shit kicked out of them by Orton, Cody, and Ted Jr and then they were both released within a few months.

Even WWE recognized that they were shit.

Evil Vito 04-21-2019 09:33 AM

Still think it’s bullshit that they never did anything with Domino. He was far and away the better of the two and as it was discovered a few years later on Colt’s podcast, he was fucking hilarious.

Could’ve gone more Andrew Dice Clay with the gimmick and been an Elias-type heel if nothing else.

Bad News Gertner 04-21-2019 09:42 AM

Their finisher was lame

Mr. Nerfect 04-21-2019 06:59 PM

Lol, “Crack ‘Em in the Mouth.” I can’t remember too many people having shorter, less memorable runs than Manu. Eric Escobar?

Bad News Gertner 04-21-2019 07:58 PM

Remember when they brought up Ryan Braddock and Scotty Goldman to Smackdown and did zero with them.

Evil Vito 04-21-2019 08:46 PM

Don’t forget Kizarny!

Evil Vito 04-21-2019 08:47 PM

Lol Colt Cabana has been told he was going to keep the Colt Cabana name and be the Santino of SmackDown.

Then a week later on the day of his debut he gets told he’s gonna be Scotty Goldman. God that must’ve sucked.

Bad News Gertner 04-21-2019 10:42 PM

Frankie Kazarian, Gunner Scott, KC James and Aaron the Idol Stevens.

Smackdown is littered with guys who had really short runs.

Evil Vito 04-21-2019 11:16 PM

A VERY young and unrecognizable Tommaso Ciampa as Muhammad Hassan's lawyer.

#1-norm-fan 04-22-2019 12:24 AM

Remember Braden Walker?

screech 04-22-2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5245754)
Remember Braden Walker?

Whose brains was he gonna knock out? Armando Estrada?