TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=109245)

Requiem 12-10-2011 03:48 PM

Will make a thread. Hold on fags.

Requiem 12-10-2011 03:49 PM

There

Disturbed316 12-11-2011 07:50 AM

Am absolutely loving this , but rather annoyed as I've somehow become a vampire and now everyone wants to kill me wherever I go, how can I fix this?

SlickyTrickyDamon 12-11-2011 10:26 AM

sneak around at night and feed on somebody and then get the cure for vampirism later.

http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-how-to-cure-vampirism/

Captain of Fun 12-11-2011 01:40 PM

Loving this game. Was hesitant to get it at first, because I didn't get hooked on oblivion, and I generally don't really get into the fantasy setting as much as I do others. But whatever it was about oblivion that bored me, is absent from this game, because I'm having as much fun, if not more than I did in the fallout games.

Honestly think no other company can make exploring as fun as bethesda makes it. Just something about it that I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's just that ominous chill I get when I discover a hidden location and that drumline hits with something like "Bloodwind's Tomb Discovered." Or maybe it's the sheer terror of running into an enemy that I am totally unequipped to deal with.

Requiem 12-11-2011 02:06 PM

Yeah, I felt the same about Oblivion. I'd just mess around in it most of the time and didn't actually want to -play- it like I do Skyrim. I just love exploring and watching my character's skills go up in Skyrim.

Crimson 12-11-2011 04:42 PM

Love this game too..but everytime I play I get stuck on it for hours. So I try to avoid playing it unless I have absolutley nothing on the agenda

Disturbed316 12-12-2011 06:35 AM

God, being a vampire fucking sucks! Currently in the blood thirsty stage but everytime I break in somewhere they wake up, its so annoying as it really hinders your progression because everyone wants to chop your fucking head off, grrr.

stultiloquy 12-12-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed316 (Post 3700824)
God, being a vampire fucking sucks! Currently in the blood thirsty stage but everytime I break in somewhere they wake up, its so annoying as it really hinders your progression because everyone wants to chop your fucking head off, grrr.

If having vampirism is anything like it was in Oblivion, than it's really only a benefit if you're a stealth character.

I just contracted lycanthropy...and being a werewolf is a million times more entertaining in Skyrim than it was in Morrowind.

Disturbed316 12-12-2011 01:49 PM

Yeah I'm really not the stealthy type, which is why I really hate this vampirism :mad:

LoDownM 12-12-2011 01:51 PM

Being a Werewolf > Vampire.

1. People don't hate werewolves like they do vampires.
2. 100% disease resist.
3. It's super easy to break out of jail as one. Pick lock, transform, kill guards, leave.

Gonzo 12-12-2011 01:58 PM

I felt like when I was a werewolf I got destroyed by casters.

El Fangel 12-12-2011 02:41 PM

Havent contracted anything yet. How did it happen for each of you?

LoDownM 12-12-2011 02:47 PM

Not gonna spoil it for anyone who hasn't done it, not a huge deal I guess, but I'm sure someone would complain about it.

SPOILER: show
You get the option to be a werewolf during the Companions quest line

Gonzo 12-12-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 3701016)
Havent contracted anything yet. How did it happen for each of you?

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I believe you contract vampirism from fighting vampires. You get some sort of disease and if it goes untreated will turn into full blown vampirism.

El Fangel 12-12-2011 04:39 PM

If its in spoilers I'm guessing part of a storyline. Appeciate that guys.

A huge tip for smithing is buy Breezehome in Whiterun, get Dwarven smithing and go west, kill giants and mammoth for items and leather, sell in Whiterun, buy steel, iron and dwarven metal ingots, make epic one handed swords, enchant with 12 points of frost via commenn soul gem.

They sell for 113g and cost about 120g to make.

El Fangel 12-12-2011 04:41 PM

Oh, the reason to buy Breezehome is to store smithing materials.

LoDownM 12-12-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 3701097)
If its in spoilers I'm guessing part of a storyline. Appeciate that guys.

A huge tip for smithing is buy Breezehome in Whiterun, get Dwarven smithing and go west, kill giants and mammoth for items and leather, sell in Whiterun, buy steel, iron and dwarven metal ingots, make epic one handed swords, enchant with 12 points of frost via commenn soul gem.

They sell for 113g and cost about 120g to make.

The one I put in spoilers isn't a main story quest, it's a faction side quest.

SlickyTrickyDamon 12-12-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 3701099)
Oh, the reason to buy Breezehome is to store smithing materials.

Its also the closest house to a hold's entrance. So if you go there on your horse you only have a little bit of walk if you are carrying too much weight.

stultiloquy 12-12-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoDownM (Post 3700991)
Being a Werewolf > Vampire.

1. People don't hate werewolves like they do vampires.
2. 100% disease resist.
3. It's super easy to break out of jail as one. Pick lock, transform, kill guards, leave.

I really like the fear/roar bonus too; seems like the only enemies I've encountered that don't crap their pants and run away from me when I use it are undead and dragons.

El Fangel 12-12-2011 07:50 PM

I still don't have a horse :(

LoDownM 12-12-2011 08:04 PM

Find an do the Dark Brotherhood quest line. Half way through you get Shadowmere from the leader.

Extreme Angle 12-12-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed316 (Post 3700989)
Yeah I'm really not the stealthy type, which is why I really hate this vampirism :mad:

Use the invisibility to sneak in, use charm to stop them worrying, feed when asleep, then go do the vampire cure quest.

stultiloquy 12-12-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 3701237)
I still don't have a horse :(

A horse was one of the first things I bought, but then a dragon killed it.

It picked my horse up in it's mouth and threw it to the ground; I wanted to be pissed off because it was my horse after all, but the sight of the dragon mauling my horse like that was so cool my anger quickly subsided.

LoDownM 12-12-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoDownM (Post 3701240)
Find an do the Dark Brotherhood quest line. Half way through you get Shadowmere from the leader.

Shadowmere also doubles as a companion in the world, the only time I've ever had the horse die was falling off a mountain.

SlickyTrickyDamon 12-13-2011 12:37 AM

Shadowmere randomly shows up for me and then isn't there at other times. He's temperamental.

LoDownM 12-13-2011 12:45 AM

Never had a problem. Fell through the world once, but reloaded and haven't had a problem since.

DAMN iNATOR 12-13-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Diesel (Post 3695404)
Found out about followers being injured the hard way today. Was walking around with Erandur to Nightcaller Temple and outside the front door we were ambushed by 3-4 frost spiders (I was level 12). Anyways I finish them off and find Erandur to be crawling across the ground barely moving a foot every 5 minutes. Thought it was a glitch for a good half hour. Did dishes while I waited. Then found out I could just "wait" 3 hours. Ignorance aside, it was a good day

I think the best advice I could give regarding taking a follower is to be sure you take one that has a healing/fast healing spell so they recover faster. Once, I didn't even touch a follower, we just ended up in this cave that was a vampire lair, unbeknownst to us, and he gets attacked by the vampire and gets all aggro and hostile on me because of the fucking vampire! :nono: Beat me till I died too, stupid fuck...

Otherwise, you should go to Farengar Fire-Secrets in the right hand side room of Dragonsreach in Whiterun. There you can buy spell tomes and other things from him as he's a mage. You can also learn how to enchant from him, but that's a whole another thing entirely. Anyway, be sure to buy the Healing Hands spell tome from him, as well as any rune spells you don't have (but be prepared for the humongous cost to your magicka for just one casting of a rune spell, it can cost anywhere from 170 some odd to over 240 magicka!!!). Go out into the world with your follower. Have fun, and if they get hurt and cannot heal quickly with spells on their own, select healing hands and heal them so they are at 100% health quicker.

DAMN iNATOR 12-13-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extreme Angle (Post 3701241)
Use the invisibility to sneak in, use charm to stop them worrying, feed when asleep, then go do the vampire cure quest.

That's the long (and somewhat messy/troublesome) way of doing it (get a black soul gem, kill someone (preferably in their home at night without being spotted as you'll be attacked by any guards or citizens on sight!) to fill the bsg, then take it back, and wait around until like 3AM in game and go to a designated island and stand where the guy says until he recites this incantation that cures you.

The simple way: Find plenty of Cure Disease Potions in the game (they are in abundant supply in dungeons, alchemists shops, homes, etc.). Take one and it cures all diseases, even Sanguine Vampiris.

On a side note, I think in Morrowind and Oblivion the common "scientific" name was Porphyric Hemophilia or some weird phrasing to that effect.

DAMN iNATOR 12-13-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias Gonzanuka (Post 3701036)
Hasn't happened to me yet, but I believe you contract vampirism from fighting vampires. You get some sort of disease and if it goes untreated will turn into full blown vampirism.

Not from just merely fighting a vampire. Only if you let them drain your health with their special vampiric spell thingy for an extended period of time. If you kill them quickly/stealthily enough (i.e. with sneak & bow/arrow method) without them "biting" or casting their vampire spell on you, you won't contract Sanguine Vampiris.

DAMN iNATOR 12-13-2011 01:47 PM

http://images.uesp.net/5/5b/SR-place...ummit_view.jpg
Bard's Leap Summit is a wooden plank at the very top of Lost Valley Redoubt.
After fighting your way through a group of Forsworn to get to the top of the ruins, you will see a walkway extending over the edge of a waterfall. If you jump off the walkway into the pool below and survive, a ghost named Azzadal will appear. He will tell you that he attempted the jump as well, but that he obviously failed to survive it. He will then play you a song that will increase your speech skill by one point.

Note: I did this successfully with the help of using my "Whirlwind Sprint" shout right before I got to the end of the plank and jumping into the water below. Also, the person who posted this on UESP.net said you only get one speech point, but this may vary, as my speech increased by 2 points from 48 to 50.

El Fangel 12-13-2011 05:31 PM

Iron Dagger + Petty Soul Gem = Absurd Profit for Materials Used.

Tommy Gunn 12-13-2011 06:07 PM

It's dropped to £22 in most shops in the UK, but sadly that means everyone has bought it and the damn thing has sold OUT!

Went into GAME and they were pretty useless, and the staff are like fucking sharks trying to sell you shit the second you walk in the door, and FORGET about customer service, guy behind the counter hollered OI MATE to get my attention. You can address me as SIR, scoundrel.

DAMN iNATOR 12-13-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 3702129)
Iron Dagger + Petty Soul Gem = Absurd Profit for Materials Used.

I take it you're talking about taking an Iron Dagger and enchanting it? Because if you're only using a petty soul gem, you're cheating yourself...you should always try if you can, to enchant using a Common Soul Gem or better quality if available to you.

El Fangel 12-13-2011 06:25 PM

Petty Soul Gems are cheap, easy to fill, in plentiful supply in Whiterun and double the worth of the dagger.

Also you realize that I'm talking 40+ Daggers right.

DAMN iNATOR 12-13-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 3702178)
Petty Soul Gems are cheap, easy to fill, in plentiful supply in Whiterun and double the worth of the dagger.

Also you realize that I'm talking 40+ Daggers right.

Well now I do. Way to clarify that the first time, douchebag. :roll:

El Fangel 12-13-2011 08:29 PM

:shifty:

Yeah, if I make something for myself its Mammoth or Giant Soul.

DAMN iNATOR 12-13-2011 08:33 PM

Well that's just good common sense right there.

El Fangel 12-13-2011 09:11 PM

I think I have a complaint but I'm not sure if it is one. If Ore veins get replenished, then it is. But I hate finding one and never being able to find it again.

Found moonstone veins and went back looking but can't find anything.

Captain of Fun 12-14-2011 01:40 AM

At level 18 right now.

Haven't even broken a sweat in battle since level 14, because that's when I got the sanguin rose staff, which summons this demon guy who just annihilates my enemies. Even ones that are well above my level. I also have the dwarven bow of binding, so I never run out of filled soul gems to refill the staff's power. Fucking mint.

Question though. I'm worried I'm spreading my perks too thin. How many categories should I focus on for perks?