TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=109245)

DAMN iNATOR 10-31-2016 01:10 AM

Wonder what kind of interactions with M'Aiq the Liar they'd design if they ever used Elsweyr. I would definitely hope for something more than just talking to him.

Heisenberg 10-31-2016 09:27 AM

Is there a big difference in choosing the Imperial guy at the beginning other than my usual instinct of rolling with the Stormcloaks? Figured I'd change it up a bit since I'm trying to play something different from the usual good guy path.

Wishbone 10-31-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenberg (Post 4881017)
Is there a big difference in choosing the Imperial guy at the beginning other than my usual instinct of rolling with the Stormcloaks? Figured I'd change it up a bit since I'm trying to play something different from the usual good guy path.

Not really. You meet the blacksmith and his family and get the key to their house instead of Gerdur's, but that's about it. Think there's also a couple more lines if you go meet and join the Imperials as well if you choose him. Outside of that, no, nothing major.

Heisenberg 10-31-2016 11:01 AM

So I'm going to visit Whiterun regardless and set up shop there?

Shadow 10-31-2016 03:48 PM

Yup.

DAMN iNATOR 11-03-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenberg (Post 4881028)
So I'm going to visit Whiterun regardless and set up shop there?

Yes. An early main story mission takes you there where you face your first dragon. If possible, before that encounter, I would HEAVILY encourage you to explore a bit and get to around lv. 10 and stock up on health, magicka and stamina potions as you will definitely be tried to your limits there.

RP 08-04-2019 09:31 PM

Playing this on PS3 now. Can anyone explain to me what i need to do about the save issue or what it even is? Do i need to turn something off or whatever. If you can thanks. Any other tips would be fine. I made a Dark Elf.

SlickyTrickyDamon 08-04-2019 10:06 PM

"PurpleHaze"s save file in Skyrim had increased to 5.3 MBs and he started encountering a lot of problems, some being very considerate. Graphic rendering took a dive, loading times became longer than usual, framerates were dropping, and perhaps worst of all, some game elements couldn't be interacted with. "PurpleHaze" discovered the problems when he had tried to chop some wood to earn some honest gold.

So, PlayStation 3 players, beware if your save data gets close to 5 MBs."

from a website.

RP 08-05-2019 07:31 PM

OK I'm gonna join the Imperial Legion because I'm Dark Elf and I read that the Stormcloaks leader is a fucking racist towards Elves

Fignuts 08-05-2019 07:54 PM

Yeah, Ulfric is a douche, but I still went Stormcloak because the empire is THE MAN.

Fignuts 08-05-2019 07:55 PM

Also gonna be getting Skyrim VR later this month. Really pumped.

RP 08-05-2019 07:55 PM

Is there other options or just Stormcloak and Imperial?

Fignuts 08-05-2019 08:01 PM

Just those two. That whole quest line could have been done a lot better.

Fignuts 08-05-2019 08:03 PM

I’m still annoyed you can’t kill the camp leaders. Like what is even the point in making them unkillable? They don’t give out quests or anything.

RP 08-12-2019 05:36 PM

I know that no one cares by now, but I've been playing this game a lot. And I do some quests here and there and kill some things, but mostly I've just been fascinated with all the people I can talk to LOL. I feel like i'm having some deep conversations. I'm sure eventually i'll pick up the pace .

Destor 08-12-2019 05:38 PM

The world is meant to get lost in. No pace. Just wanderings

RP 08-12-2019 06:29 PM

I found a dead guard and his horse. I looted him. Took the horse. Went to White(something) and there was a stable, but I couldnt figure out how to stable the horse so when I got off, the horse just wondered off. Now I want to go kill it.

Destor 08-12-2019 10:47 PM

Kill every horse that reminds you of it just to be certain

Sepholio 08-13-2019 08:06 AM

PS3 ruined Skyrim for me. My save file was WAY bigger than 5mb. My frame rate was usually about 7fps as such :(

Tom Guycott 08-14-2019 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5277055)
The world is meant to get lost in. No pace. Just wanderings

Anytime I play, I rarely ever fast travel. Even when I do, it's more for practicality sake for the game engine (even if I go three or more days at a time, encounter trigger spots seem not to respawn anything unless I actually fast travel and happen by that spot again). Otherwise, I would always travel overland just to see what wacky shit whatever character escaped Helgen can get into. I should fire it up again soon.

DAMN iNATOR 08-14-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Guycott (Post 5277626)
Anytime I play, I rarely ever fast travel. Even when I do, it's more for practicality sake for the game engine (even if I go three or more days at a time, encounter trigger spots seem not to respawn anything unless I actually fast travel and happen by that spot again). Otherwise, I would always travel overland just to see what wacky shit whatever character escaped Helgen can get into. I should fire it up again soon.

I'm trying to imagine you taking your character on a nice long walk from, let's say Markarth to Winterhold. I tried to use fast-travel sparingly too, but I'll be damned if I'm going to walk all the way or maybe even half or more of the way across the map for ANY reason, let alone a quest.

Also, yeah, the issue with save files and Bethesda games are definitely not one of their more lovable quirks and oh how I was reminded of it the other day playing a new character through the Broken Steel DLC the other night. Was doing the bit where you go to Adams AFB and wrap things up, only for the game to hard freeze on me after what couldn't be more than 10-15 minutes. Such a pain in the ass to try to have to save every literal minute.

Destor 08-14-2019 05:25 PM

In 2019 posting in the skyrim thread than the borderlands 3 thread

Fignuts 08-15-2019 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5277305)
Kill every horse that reminds you of it just to be certain

https://i.imgur.com/XgkhRD6.png

DAMN iNATOR 08-15-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5277693)

Well, Skyrim has always been an unabashed attention whore.

Tom Guycott 08-19-2019 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 5277688)
I'm trying to imagine you taking your character on a nice long walk from, let's say Markarth to Winterhold. I tried to use fast-travel sparingly too, but I'll be damned if I'm going to walk all the way or maybe even half or more of the way across the map for ANY reason, let alone a quest.

I've made that jaunt. Multiple times. Horseback if in any kind of "hurry". But usually, I end up going more between Markarth and Riften. I'll pick flowers, pick axe materials, and pick fights with bandits and bears. Especially early game, where I'll just stop in the next town, unload all the shit I looted for coin (and exp for selling and crafting), and keep on my merry. And as I said, if that three day timer worked like it was supposed to reliably for encounter spawns, I would have walked the world even more.

Tom Guycott 08-19-2019 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5277693)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 5277821)
Well, Skyrim has always been an unabashed attention whore.

Wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a port of Skyrim in Borderlands 3.

Skyrim and original Doom get ported to everything.