TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=109245)

Hanso Amore 11-10-2011 12:42 PM

11 MORE HOURS

#BROKEN Hasney 11-10-2011 01:01 PM

Gonna see if this unlocks at midnight tonight here as well, which would be 4 hours away.

Also, "working" from home tomorrow.

Poit 11-10-2011 01:25 PM

I believe it unlocks at midnight, east coast time. Which means 9pm here. :D

D Mac 11-10-2011 02:22 PM

I'm taking tomorrow off from work so I can have a three day weekend to be a hermit and have no contact with the outside world for this. :D

Iop 11-10-2011 02:58 PM

I hope this game has Cliff Racers.

With todays technology, how about 500 on the screen at once.

That'd be boss.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-10-2011 04:16 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0r0RZHirQac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buzzkill 11-10-2011 04:39 PM

Obviously that guy is going to think Skyrim is game of the year

#BROKEN Hasney 11-10-2011 07:08 PM

It unlocked at 12am here :D

Funky Fly 11-10-2011 07:47 PM

Is it me or do the hosts seem to be suffocating under Jim Sterling's pompous self importance in that video?

D Mac 11-11-2011 06:43 AM

Got it, played for 5 hours. Love it. Game of the year.

Iop 11-11-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Mac (Post 3677722)
Got it, played for 5 hours. Love it. Game of the year.

You played it for 5 hourd and its your game of the year?

Must aint have played too many games this year.

Oh well, I hope I can make Max Payne in this. Max payne is awesome.

If I was a girl and Max Payne was real, I would marry Max Payne and be Mrs. Payne. Mrs. Payne sounds really badass, like a woman who doesnt take crap from anyone and if I was a woman thats exactly the kind of woman id be.

Hanso Amore 11-11-2011 09:41 AM

First ever game I got at midnight. Played around 3-4 hours already. So good. There is alot of "Fallout" in this game. Like As if they took the Falloutengine they have worked with and began building Skyrim around it. Very good shit.

The Perks are cool, so you can really spec your guy out differently

First character I went Nord, and am making him a two handed warrior and Im working in some bow use.

My one gripe is that in ES4 you could equip one spell at all times and use the cast button. In this one it has to be equiped to a hand so it makes it harder to like heal on the fly, or even swap out a spell for occasional use.

Iop 11-11-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanso (Post 3677781)
First ever game I got at midnight. Played around 3-4 hours already. So good. There is alot of "Fallout" in this game. Like As if they took the Falloutengine they have worked with and began building Skyrim around it. Very good shit.

The Perks are cool, so you can really spec your guy out differently

First character I went Nord, and am making him a two handed warrior and Im working in some bow use.

My one gripe is that in ES4 you could equip one spell at all times and use the cast button. In this one it has to be equiped to a hand so it makes it harder to like heal on the fly, or even swap out a spell for occasional use.

Can u make Max Payne or are faces limited to what the programmers put in the game?

Captain of Fun 11-11-2011 10:50 AM

No you can make Max Payne, it's awesome.

D Mac 11-11-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iop (Post 3677759)
You played it for 5 hourd and its your game of the year?

Must aint have played too many games this year.

Oh well, I hope I can make Max Payne in this. Max payne is awesome.

If I was a girl and Max Payne was real, I would marry Max Payne and be Mrs. Payne. Mrs. Payne sounds really badass, like a woman who doesnt take crap from anyone and if I was a woman thats exactly the kind of woman id be.

Oh I've played many games this year and they don't even come close.

Learn to type before you speak to me again noob.

Requiem 11-11-2011 03:08 PM

Nah, this probably WILL get game of the year. Only played a couple hours so far but considering the improvements over Oblivion, it will likely be game of the year. I've heard 'complaints' about the graphics, but I find them to be excellent considering the amount of effort put into the game as a whole. Feel that combat could be a bit more 'solid', but it is not enough to tarnish the experience or not be fun. So I don't see any reason that this won't be game of the year.

Ok, actually.. I think it WILL be game of the year, but that Dark Souls is going to get some attention and possibly be a sleeper hit when it comes to awards.

D Mac 11-11-2011 03:10 PM

Yeah the graphics are great. Not too much detail on the NPC's but the environment is freaking awesome. The load times are a lot better then Oblivion, too. I installed it BTW.

Requiem 11-11-2011 03:12 PM

I actually purchased it on PC. Was just planning on pirating it but the one I downloaded didn't work right and I didn't feel like messing with it, so I weighed the pros and cons and decided that this was probably a game that was "worth" the $60, and bit the bullet and got it off Steam. Looks pretty fantastic on PC tbh. Probably not as good as it 'could' be, but I don't care. With 200-300 hours of gameplay, it looks good enough that I won't get tired of looking at it so I'm not worried.

D Mac 11-11-2011 03:14 PM

And those wonderful mods. Or did you get it on Steam and do they allow mods.

Requiem 11-11-2011 03:18 PM

Got it on Steam, but I am pretty sure I can mod it.

I modded the UI of my TF2 without issues. Think you just have to tell steam not to check the files of the game when you start up so that it doesn't try redownloading things that aren't there or are replaced by something else. I know people have Half-life 2 mods out the ass, and that is Valve's own game that requires Steam.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-11-2011 04:08 PM

Yeah, mods on Steam games are fine. My Oblivion is modded out the arse. Plus it uses Steamworks so every version purchased anywhere is on Steam so any mods will have to work with it. It's as easy as clicking Data Files on the initial splash screen and ticking the mods you want when they're downloaded.

It's Games For Windows Live you gotta watch out for on that, the hoop jumping to mod GTA 4 is insane.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-11-2011 04:11 PM

The only thing that's bothering me right now are the number of times you have to follow someone for a long time and unskippable dialogue sequences when they're dull, like at the magic college.

Emperor Smeat 11-11-2011 04:44 PM

Bethesda confirms the Xbox 360 version does have texture streaming problems and it is related to installing the game on the hard-drive. Apparently the game has problems replacing or showing the better textures loaded from the HDD instead of the default/low-res ones on the disc.

The current solution is to not install the game but the loading times will be longer until Bethesda gets a patch to fix the issue.

People had some doubts about the graphical quality when it was originally shown to be just 3.8GB in size when the PC needed 6GB for an install and it turns out they were right.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/bethes...xbox-360/3804/

OssMan 11-11-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Mac (Post 3677939)
Oh I've played many games this year and they don't even come close.

Learn to type before you speak to me again noob.

oh my jod

DrA 11-11-2011 05:12 PM

He wears his Bud Ice on his sleeve.

D Mac 11-11-2011 05:15 PM

You knows it.

D Mac 11-11-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 3678001)
Bethesda confirms the Xbox 360 version does have texture streaming problems and it is related to installing the game on the hard-drive. Apparently the game has problems replacing or showing the better textures loaded from the HDD instead of the default/low-res ones on the disc.

The current solution is to not install the game but the loading times will be longer until Bethesda gets a patch to fix the issue.

People had some doubts about the graphical quality when it was originally shown to be just 3.8GB in size when the PC needed 6GB for an install and it turns out they were right.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/bethes...xbox-360/3804/

Hmm guess I'll delete it from the HDD and see if I can notice the difference.

Tb1 11-11-2011 05:59 PM

Just found out I'll have to wait until Monday for this since my direct deposit's not going in today because of Veteran's Day. Fucking h-e double hockey sticks

#BROKEN Hasney 11-11-2011 06:07 PM

It has begun.

Make noses and chins look less blocky: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30

DS 11-11-2011 06:13 PM

I think Google has been trying to make China less "blocky" for a while now.

DS 11-12-2011 01:12 AM

I think this is a fine game and all, but what makes this game of the year? It's been a pretty good year so far with games like Uncharted 3, Arkham City, Portal 2, Forza 4, Battlefield 3, LBP 2, Resistance 3, Infamous 2, MW3, Dark Souls, Witcher 2, Crysis 2, Deus Ex: HR, Dead Space 2, Gears of War 3, and I hear that new Zelda: Skyward Sword is pretty good too.

Not that this can't be but seems like people are quick to hand the title out in what I consider heavy competition. Most notably Uncharted 3 and the new Zelda.

Just wondering. :)

RoXer 11-12-2011 01:23 AM

My money's on Portal 2

Funky Fly 11-12-2011 01:28 AM

It's pretty fucking sweet and I haven't even scratched the surface. Of the games you've mentioned, I've played Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Crysis 2 and Gears 3. It's better than all of them so far.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-12-2011 04:09 AM

Looking like its going to battle Zelda for the #2 slot for me.

Unless Zelda is amazingly stunning, Ghost Trick is still my GOTY.

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-12-2011 04:53 AM

So far so good. Got the game a few minutes after midnight from a Redbox. Somebody called out of work so I stayed an extra hour. The game probably wouldn't have lasted the night to rent it when I came back.

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-12-2011 04:53 AM

Hasney: WWE 12 is number 2? or Modern Warfare?

#BROKEN Hasney 11-12-2011 04:57 AM

Skyrim is currently #2 with only Zelda that can beat it. As good as WWE 12 looks, I'd probably judge a wrestling game on if I'm still playing it by the time the next one comes out.

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-12-2011 05:09 AM

I guess then that would mean the only good wrestling game was No Mercy or maybe WWF Superstars 2 on the Gameboy.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-12-2011 05:23 AM

Well the whole N64 wrestling series, WWF Wrestlefest and yeah, WWF Superstars 2.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-12-2011 01:00 PM

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/61...B281B15DDDC9C/