TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SPOILERS<Ghostbusters Reviews Thread>SPOILERS (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=131883)

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-21-2017 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 4931772)
This reminded me of all the people that claim Prometheus tells them loads more about the origin story of Alien when the whole two hour film tells you pretty much the same thing as the beginning of Alien right down to the croissant shaped spaceship and the massive dead humanoids.
Black goop. That is the single thing Prometheus adds.

The only black goop that matters to me is in the XFiles.

Destor 02-21-2017 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4931776)
The Hobbit as told by Bilbo Baggins...

"I feel... thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much bread."

Its my favorite book of the series. To see it butchered like that wounded my childhood

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-21-2017 12:15 AM

His other female centric-movies are great like Bridesmaids. Wasted opportunity not having Melissa McCarthy play a Venkman-like character. She has worked with Bill Murry before.

No Venkman. No Stantz. No Ghostbusters.

Seanny One Ball 02-21-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4931777)
Im a film snob. I admit this. I didnt hate the movie because they had female leads. It was just too basic.

Pretty much the polar opposite of the movie "Basic" then.
What a confusing cockfest that was.

Seanny One Ball 03-17-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4931599)
This movie absolutely demands that youve seen the originals and makes no effort to create protagonists or the world they live in. It has an assumption of familiarity. It is presented as a sequel. Confusing choice.

No it doesn't. These are individuals in their own movie and there's nothing lost by not having seen the original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4931608)
McKinnon has charisma

No she doesn't. She's like a dreadful Jim Carrey rip off or like Jerry Lewis minus the timing, talent and writing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4931610)
I would watch her as lead/comic relief

Jesus man...

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4931614)
As I mentioned in the other thread, Kate McKinnon is by far the best part of this movie.

I don't think I could disagree more. I'm actually angry at how bad she is.
She's the single worst part of the movie and the least funny by a long shot.
Obvious and completely unnecessary low brow garbage is her sole contribution.

Low brow can be hilarious when the likes of Wiig or McCarthy do it because they are actually talented but what the fuck was the director thinking using this woman? She's fucking terrible.

The only woman in this that's nearly as funny as either of the two leads is the woman playing the Mayor's assistant. I'm not sure how she can be in such a small role in a film where two of the main four are completely unnecessary or horrible miscast.

Seanny One Ball 03-17-2017 01:35 PM

You know what? I wish Kate McKinnon was dead!

*harumph*

Now I feel better.

Destor 03-17-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 4942856)
No it doesn't. These are individuals in their own movie and there's nothing lost by not having seen the original.

Disagree. There was zero developement for Mckinnon's character. You are expected to pop when is shown in the background as if this is a meaningful thing.

Same for essentially every one of the main 4. It's simply "Oh hey its binkman. Cool."

Seanny One Ball 03-17-2017 01:51 PM

There's a big difference between a film where the characters are under developed and one in which you have to have seen another film to understand who they are and what's going on.
I have seen the original and it gave me no noticeable additional information that I needed but didn't get from this new one.

Destor 06-06-2017 09:47 AM

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...9e&oe=59DC0B6A

Kalyx triaD 06-06-2017 12:25 PM

Teehee

SlickyTrickyDamon 06-06-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4942860)
Disagree. There was zero developement for Mckinnon's character. You are expected to pop when is shown in the background as if this is a meaningful thing.

Same for essentially every one of the main 4. It's simply "Oh hey its binkman. Cool."

Yep you were expected to pop because she's Egon with Attitude You are expected to pop when Patti comes on because she's Winston with Attitude.

Not so much for the other two. Who was supposed to be Peter and who was supposed to be Ray?

It failed because it was a half measure in every possible way.

Swiss Ultimate 06-06-2017 06:02 PM

This movie grows on you...like cancer.

Swiss Ultimate 07-12-2018 10:35 AM

Can't believe anyone liked this movie.

Destor 07-12-2018 10:39 AM

they didnt

Lock Jaw 07-12-2018 12:37 PM

I thought it was alright

Destor 07-12-2018 12:37 PM

you're dead to me

Frank Drebin 07-12-2018 12:53 PM

It was pretty bad but you can't say that in public.

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-12-2018 01:30 PM

I don't know why this thread was brought back. The movie sucked but Ecto Cooler was fun being back until they shitcanned it.

The Real Ghostbusters cartoon is now Netflix Streaming and the 1984 movie is back there now.

Let this movie die as it already is dead. It's not coming back as a ghost to bust either.

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-12-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 5145551)
It was pretty bad but you can't say that in public.

No, because the movie was like from two years ago and it's common knowledge that it sucked.

Swiss Ultimate 07-15-2018 09:49 AM

Everyone involved should be executed.

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-26-2019 11:35 PM

I watched an extended version that wasn't as bad as the original cut. They took too much out.

Swiss Ultimate 02-15-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5229260)
I watched an extended version that wasn't as bad as the original cut. They took too much out.

lol