TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   my first match and promos (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=101999)

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 09:15 PM

my first match and promos

yikes

Xero 04-22-2010 09:28 PM

I feel you're doing moves you have no clue on how to preform properly and need to hone you skills for moves before putting them in any match. First or 1000th.

I'm not trained by any stretch, but if I were, I wouldn't be pulling off moves before learning the fundamentals of them.

Bit of advice, but if you want to wrestle, learn the absolute basics first. Don't just jump right into a match and try to do ridiculous stuff.

Then again, your trainers might be of the "throw you in there and let you fall" ilk. I don't know. But after reading Jericho's book, I wouldn't want to step foot into the ring and have any type of match unless I was sure I could pull off the moves properly and safely, in addition to having strong basic fundamentals.

This is coming from a fan, nothing more.

Blitz 04-22-2010 09:30 PM

This is sad on several levels. Please stop.

Xero 04-22-2010 09:31 PM

The trash talk was just terrible, though.

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 09:34 PM

I am trained, and we did do all those moves safely.

Xero 04-22-2010 09:35 PM

How long have you been training? Give me a general amount of hours of in-ring work.

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 09:39 PM

Probably over 100 if you are talking bumps. but actually in the ring, not very much.

Yeah he wasn't laying flat for the senton or leg drop, but i did what i coud. I think my selling is good, and I can take really good bumps, but i wasn't really given a chance.

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 09:41 PM

yeah his trash talk is kinda.... i dunno

Blitz 04-22-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indifferent Clox (Post 3037971)
I am trained, and we did do all those moves safely.

Who trained you. And for how long. And if they got a cent out of you and that's what they taught you, you are the biggest sucker in the world.

Xero 04-22-2010 09:43 PM

The springboard... Punch I suppose, was fucking terrible. Ditto to the corner "drop kick". And the Senton Splash was plain bad. And you being dragged into the ring looked bad.

Basically, you need a shit ton more training, by better trainers, before ever having another "match".

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 09:45 PM

i was trained for free, we didn't get to talk it out before hand, he pretty much trained me for a day and said, you know how to sell, you know how to bump you know some moves, and (he won't take a big bump, like suplexes or firemans carries, etc.) he also let me pin him way earlier than i thought.

Xero 04-22-2010 09:47 PM

You were trained for a DAY? What?

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 09:47 PM

the senton i can do, he just didn't lay properly for it so i kind of adjusted mysef mid air as to not hurt him.

Xero 04-22-2010 09:48 PM

You can explain that away, but the corner drop kick was all you.

What Would Kevin Do? 04-22-2010 09:51 PM

I pretty much agree with everything Xero said.

Not trying to be insulting, but you need a lot of work. I think you know that, but some of those moves, especially the senton, looked really bad.

Learn the basics first, get more comfortable, and then worry about being stylish.

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 09:51 PM

Ok but it's a first match. after being in the ring for a day.

Now i have been taking bumps and selling for a while. I've been doing out of ring trainging with guys for a bit, but this was the first time i actually got in a ring. I know how to run the ropes. but I am having a second match tomorrow night which shoud be better. keep in mind we barely talked in the ring.

Destor 04-22-2010 09:51 PM

dont ever pay these people. dont ever go back. they will teach you bad habits that you will never be able to work out of your system. you will hurt yourself and other people. go, get trained. but never go there again.

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 09:51 PM

Was the selling pretty good though?

What Would Kevin Do? 04-22-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indifferent Clox (Post 3038010)
the senton i can do, he just didn't lay properly for it so i kind of adjusted mysef mid air as to not hurt him.

Then he needs more training too. Really, it's not even about looking good, it's about doing things right so people don't get hurt.

What Would Kevin Do? 04-22-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indifferent Clox (Post 3038020)
Was the selling pretty good though?

Most of it was good-ish. It didn't help that everything was so loud. I did like the low blow selling, mainly the curling up in the ropes part.

What Would Kevin Do? 04-22-2010 09:53 PM

With that said though, some of it was inconsistent. Like sometimes you'd sell for a long time, then other times you'd suddenly drop it and attack without any hint of it.

What Would Kevin Do? 04-22-2010 09:54 PM

Holy shit, I can't even remember when the last time I saw Destor was.

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 09:55 PM

Did you enjoy the promos?

Xero 04-22-2010 09:55 PM

Probably before Brian Danielson made his WWE debut.

JUST SAYING.

Destor 04-22-2010 09:56 PM

ps-if dude wasnt layin right for the senton then YOU shouldnt have done the move. it`s your job to protect the worker not to do some fuckin move.

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 09:57 PM

dude wasn't laying right the entire time

Destor 04-22-2010 09:58 PM

sorry guys, it just takes so damn long to load a forum on my phone :-/

Xero 04-22-2010 10:00 PM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pXzI0WrlFwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pXzI0WrlFwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Xero 04-22-2010 10:01 PM

Thank fuck he had the sense to tell you not to suplex him.

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 10:02 PM

we were both safe, neither of us got hurt, i knew how to land things right, dude kept flipping around before i could and stuff so i just worked shit soft as hell. we didn't do anything particularly dangerous.

Xero 04-22-2010 10:02 PM

Takes one awkward position and one slight slip to end a career.

You weren't safe because you didn't know what you were doing and not caring about his safety, just the flow of the match and getting your spots in.

I'm echoing Destor, because it's true.

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 10:03 PM

i know how to do a suplex and various other things, we just didn't htis match. ok it's my first match with no spots. give me a break, pretty good for my absolute first match

Destor 04-22-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indifferent Clox (Post 3038036)
dude wasn't laying right the entire time

then either put him where you want him or dont do the move. what are you some hot shot vet gonna punish the green kid cause he doesnt know what to do? oh, you arent? then shut the fuck up and think about his safety...i fuckin hate you right now. that was back yard bullshit.

Xero 04-22-2010 10:06 PM

For the record, Destor is trained. Just in case you were oblivious to this fact.

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 10:07 PM

and given that the guy didn't give me any moves to bump with (which i am spectacular at bumping by the way) and that he wasn't really helping me out with any moves , i think i did pretty good. didn't even get to run of th eropes, when i tried to the ref was in my way... ugh. next match will be 15 times better, i'll take you guys suggestions and work on it. I'll talk to him about laying flat, and he can work with me some more. but i doubt anybody could do much better with what i have to work with and what litttle training i;ve had

Destor 04-22-2010 10:07 PM

:madface:

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 10:08 PM

i did think about his safety which is why i did the move the way i did it.

Indifferent Clox 04-22-2010 10:08 PM

what are some positive criticisms you could give though?

Xero 04-22-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indifferent Clox (Post 3038068)
and given that the guy didn't give me any moves to bump with (which i am spectacular at bumping by the way) and that he wasn't really helping me out with any moves , i think i did pretty good. didn't even get to run of th eropes, when i tried to the ref was in my way... ugh. next match will be 15 times better, i'll take you guys suggestions and work on it. I'll talk to him about laying flat, and he can work with me some more. but i doubt anybody could do much better with what i have to work with and what litttle training i;ve had

Why are you put into a position where you essentially have no spots to do that you CAN do? You have very little training. That's fine and dandy. But you're being put into a position where you can't do anything you do know.

You have a long time before you can even have a match. But besides that, the trainers know fuck all about what they're doing to even put you in this position.

Destor 04-22-2010 10:10 PM

here a complete list of the only things you should do in a match until you`ve mastered them all:

hiptoss
arm drag
body slam
closeline (maybe)
crossbody
leap frog
drop down
shoulder block
headlock
school boy
pat o`conner roll
inside cradle