TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   When/ if Vince McMahon dies, what will his legacy be (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=137362)

Bad News Gertner 08-11-2020 09:21 PM

When/ if Vince McMahon dies, what will his legacy be

This question was brought up on Cornette's Drive Thru.

So many good and bad points.

slik 08-11-2020 09:28 PM

Most of us wouldn't be wrestling fans if it weren't for Vince, so I'm not sure there's a bigger legacy he could have than that.

RP 08-11-2020 09:33 PM

So... who was technically the " owner / on air personality " first? Vince or Bischoff? I know Bischoff wasnt the owner, but he was acting owner right?

Emperor Smeat 08-11-2020 10:03 PM

One that will be very divisive since you can make strong cases of him being both the best and the worst ever influential person in the industry. Nobody arguably changed or impacted wrestling as much as he did from an individual standpoint.

The best in the sense of his early years being the golden era of his genius and visionary fame which led to wrestling becoming what it is today, both good and bad. WrestleMania and Hulkamania will go down as both his greatest and most influential creations in wrestling history.

The worst in the sense of his ruthlessness when it came to dealing with wrestling that didn't fit his vision of wrestling during the 80s. Also someone who grew more stubborn over the years post-Attitude Era in regards to not adapting to the changing winds in wrestling and doing the most damage to wrestling popularity and appeal in the US.

Fignuts 08-11-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5365664)
Most of us wouldn't be wrestling fans if it weren't for Vince, so I'm not sure there's a bigger legacy he could have than that.

Did anyone else have the budget to pull off what he did? Because I feel like what he did was inevitable. NewYork was one of the most profitable territories so he had the money, and the balls to do it.

Crockett maybe could have done it too.

Big Vic 08-12-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Many of us aren't wrestling fans anymore because of Vince

Ol Dirty Dastard 08-12-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Gertner (Post 5365662)
This question was brought up on Cornette's Drive Thru.

So many good and bad points.

As lame as this respones is, I think Cornette answered the question best. *Doesn't elaborate any further*

Lock Jaw 08-12-2020 09:06 AM

Legacy will be "man, what a legendary carny"

Destor 08-12-2020 11:15 AM

vince killed the wrestling business single handedly. he created an empire for humself to do it but there hasnt beenan industry in a long time. just one company. thats his legacy.

xrodmuc316 08-12-2020 11:23 AM

Isn't his legacy already "He holds back talent, but YAY AEW!!" ?

That's how every interview by any AEW personality, affiliate, or less talented losers that want a job has told me the last 18 months.

Vince man bad, be ELITE!

Sepholio 08-12-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Seanny One Ball 08-12-2020 06:42 PM

His legacy is that of Hoover and Kellogg, the dominant influence behind a phenomenon that became so well known that his brand became shorthand for the whole concept.

Destor 08-12-2020 08:55 PM

shout out to "if" vince dies as if him living forever is on the table

#1-norm-fan 08-12-2020 09:42 PM

His legacy will be making xrod randomly spazz out and desperately find a way to turn any subject into an AEW bitchfest.

Fignuts 08-13-2020 12:00 AM

Cornette’s answer to that question is honestly the best one, in my opinion. It really is going to be different person to person.

Anyone who has that much power and is in that position of power as long as he has been is going to affect many lives in very different ways.

Ol Dirty Dastard 08-13-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5365753)
vince killed the wrestling business single handedly. he created an empire for humself to do it but there hasnt beenan industry in a long time. just one company. thats his legacy.

The needs of the few outweigh those of the many. THE AMERICAN WAY!

M-A-G 08-14-2020 07:05 AM

That we're approaching 20 years of him being the only major player in town should speak volumes.

Zeeboe 09-10-2020 04:23 PM

I think he’ll get the Elvis treatment. Meaning, he will become more famous after his death. I can see a big budget bio pic made about him.