TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Motor City Machine Guns : 10 years too early? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=136386)

Bad News Gertner 07-29-2019 07:18 PM

The Motor City Machine Guns : 10 years too early?

Chris Sabin was reportedly at the Performance Center, and it got me thinking about how awesome the MCMG were.

They really came along 10 years too early. Their style really influenced a lot of the tag teams today and you NEVER hear them get brought up anymore.

If they debuted in 2016 instead of 2006, I could easily see them with AEW in the tag division, having awesome matches in NJPW or killing it in NXT.

They were great. The only time I made it a point to watch TNA was for the Machine Guns

thekrow 07-29-2019 07:35 PM

Imagine The Machine Guns Vs The Freight Brothers (CWB and John Forge)

thekrow 07-29-2019 07:36 PM

Although...

SPOILER: show
After what happened at the last show, we might never see CWB and John Forge team up again

Bad News Gertner 07-29-2019 07:38 PM

Wait.....what?!?!?!

Jordan 07-29-2019 08:23 PM

Yeah I guess in a way you are right. I mean I think they were perfectly suited for their time but if they "were now" then I think they'd have a lot more success.

I think I'm a bigger fan of Time Splitters though tbh.

Frank Drebin 07-29-2019 08:38 PM

MCMG / Beer Money was fn great.

Mr. Nerfect 07-29-2019 09:00 PM

I fucking loved the Machine Guns back in the day. Not sure if they would still fit my tastes, but from memory there was a fair bit of substance to them. Lol, Paparazzi Productions was pretty great. Alex Shelley is still around, but he kind of...disappeared. Like, he was an indy darling and then everybody stopped talking about him. I kind of hope he wins the ROH Title when he gets his shot, but I don't even know what that means anymore.

Lock Jaw 07-29-2019 09:27 PM

They definitely would have had a lot more options/opportunities nowadays.

Was wondering the other week actually whatever happened to them because they both seemed to just drop off the map....

Emperor Smeat 07-29-2019 11:41 PM

Leaning towards no but mainly in regards to them likely not being as influential or impactful on tag wrestling if they were in today's era. They'd have a ton of quality teams available for matches these days but also risk on losing out on what made them really special during their own era.

Sort of like if 1-2-3 Kid was around these days. He'd have a ton of quality cruiser & lucha opponents available for matches but at the potential loss of not standing out or being as influential as he was during his own era.

Tom Guycott 07-29-2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X (Post 5273233)
Yeah I guess in a way you are right. I mean I think they were perfectly suited for their time but if they "were now" then I think they'd have a lot more success.

I think I'm a bigger fan of Time Splitters though tbh.

They would have definitely had a glut of other teams to play against, now. Also, the gimmick was well suited to the current trend of social media plus being able to have their pick of places to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 5273249)
MCMG / Beer Money was fn great.

Yeah, one of the best feuds TNA had, and they still dropped the boat.

I remember at one point MCMG was one of the hottest acts they had in spite of never appearing on TV and eventually getting merch. Such a waste.

Mr. Nerfect 08-01-2019 08:47 PM

I wish Jason Jordan was healthy so we could get Beer Money vs. American Alpha.

Tom Guycott 08-09-2019 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5274102)
I wish Jason Jordan was healthy so we could get Beer Money vs. American Alpha.

I would rather see Jason Jordan come back as Porkchop Jones.