TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWE Money In The Bank 2018 ***OFFICIAL THREAD*** (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135064)

Mr. Nerfect 06-24-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dastardly One (Post 5139083)
"I didn't watch it but here's an intricately detailed critique of the entire event"

Those are your words.

mike adamle 06-24-2018 05:59 PM

They're your actions.

Mr. Nerfect 06-24-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 (Post 5139071)
I don't understand how you can grade a show watching a highlight reel. It'd be like scouting a pro athlete prospect on his highlight reel instead watching his performance in its entirety.

Lol, I didn't grade it.

It would be like getting a highlight reel of a pro-athlete and deciding whether or not you actually want to see their performance. It's actually got nothing to do with scouting even. It's more like seeing clips of a game and deciding if you even want to watch. That doesn't mean you can't comment on the tackles that you saw. What the fuck is with this weird professional standard on a wrestling forum discussion? This is going to sound odd coming from me, but stop taking yourselves so seriously.

Mr. Nerfect 06-24-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike adamle (Post 5139133)
They're your actions.

No, Dale is being particular and stir the pot again. There is nothing wrong with giving your impressions about what you've digested around a show. You'd obviously want to ask someone who watched the entire thing how it came together as an entire show, but I wasn't offering that analysis. I was offering my impressions, which has bothered Dale and Damien, because how dare anyone not watch every single minute of a movie to tell you apart the parts they saw.

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-24-2018 06:45 PM

Brb gonna go do a review on the new Jurassic park. Haven’t seen it but caught the preview and read Richard Roeper’s review so I think I have enough to go on.

Mr. Nerfect 06-24-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dastardly One (Post 5139145)
Brb gonna go do a review on the new Jurassic park. Haven’t seen it but caught the preview and read Richard Roeper’s review so I think I have enough to go on.

You can absolutely talk about whether the trailer was effective or not, and how casting decisions make you feel. You can also read Richard Roeper's review to see if it syncs up with the sort of movie you'd feel like seeing. If you catch a 40-minute sneak peak, you can talk about that too. I wouldn't call it a "review" though, by very definition.

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-24-2018 08:59 PM

:lol: :lol:

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-24-2018 09:17 PM

Noid, your mental gymnastics are that of a prime Droford.

Mr. Nerfect 06-24-2018 11:12 PM

I think you're projecting a lot, but I'm glad it bothers you so much.

#1-norm-fan 06-24-2018 11:25 PM

To be fair, I can read/see a highlight of how Asuka lost and honestly say "That was fucking stupid" without having to sit and watch the entire match.

Destor 06-24-2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5139153)
You can absolutely talk about whether the trailer was effective or not, and how casting decisions make you feel. You can also read Richard Roeper's review to see if it syncs up with the sort of movie you'd feel like seeing. If you catch a 40-minute sneak peak, you can talk about that too. I wouldn't call it a "review" though, by very definition.

This is fair. I dont have to waste 2 hours of my life watching a movie to have a strong idea on if I'll like it or not. Its not a radical thimg

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-25-2018 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5139196)
This is fair. I dont have to waste 2 hours of my life watching a movie to have a strong idea on if I'll like it or not. Its not a radical thimg

You don't have to watch the whole thing no doubt. You probably need to watch more than a highlight package before you write a comprehensive breakdown as though you watched it :lol:

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-25-2018 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5139188)
I think you're projecting a lot, but I'm glad it bothers you so much.

"What are you, in love with me?" Is pretty much what you're saying here. Be better Noid... just an awful defence mechanism.

My main thing here is I have no issue with you saying "I watched the highlight package, the show seemed not worth my time and really dumb". You and I both know that's not what happened.

Destor 06-25-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dastardly One (Post 5139219)
You don't have to watch the whole thing no doubt. You probably need to watch more than a highlight package before you write a comprehensive breakdown as though you watched it :lol:

Nah incan def watch a 5 min trailer and be accurate 97% of the time

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-25-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5139229)

You are so full of shit. But alas-- you are the cheese and that cannot be denied.

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-25-2018 09:45 AM

Though I challenge you to watch a trailer and write a review on the movie based on the trailer... I look forward to it.

Sepholio 06-25-2018 09:47 AM

This thread is now very toxic....

Destor 06-25-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dastardly One (Post 5139241)
Though I challenge you to watch a trailer and write a review on the movie based on the trailer... I look forward to it.

I never said review, I said know its not for me. I can def write a review on a trailer though.

#1-norm-fan 06-25-2018 09:33 PM

You know the story and the end of a wrestling match from a review/highlight video. It's not the same as a movie trailer. The right comparison would be like... a "crib notes" version of a movie that tells you the story including the ending in like 5 minutes.

Mr. Nerfect 06-28-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5139193)
To be fair, I can read/see a highlight of how Asuka lost and honestly say "That was fucking stupid" without having to sit and watch the entire match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5139196)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5139229)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5139247)
I never said review, I said know its not for me. I can def write a review on a trailer though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5139680)
You know the story and the end of a wrestling match from a review/highlight video. It's not the same as a movie trailer. The right comparison would be like... a "crib notes" version of a movie that tells you the story including the ending in like 5 minutes.

Thank you. I'm sorry if I gave the impression I was going a blow-by-blow review. I went back to check I didn't misspeak, but I never used the word "review." I simply gave my impressions on what I saw and what my general impressions of the story are. May have sounded too detailed for some. But I did preface it by saying that I hadn't watched the whole thing and that I put my thoughts in spoiler tags.

By the way, the highlight video was 40 minutes long. It was 40 minutes I won't get back. At least I ate some food while doing it.

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-28-2018 07:46 PM

lol this was a great argument.

Thanks Noid for being Noid. Thanks Fan for being fan. And fuck you Cheeseman. (nah jk heart you).

Mr. Nerfect 07-01-2018 12:55 AM

Love you, Dastardly.