TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "100,001" Replies (Wrestling Forum) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125416)

Heisenberg 08-07-2014 01:31 PM

Ken Lucas died and you want me to get clotheslined???

What in tarnation is the explanation for this insubordination??

I oughta edit the piss out of your post

VSG 08-07-2014 03:16 PM

http://www.gifsplosion.com/wp-conten...-from-hell.gif

Emperor Smeat 08-07-2014 04:03 PM

Dirtsheets:

Quote:

WWE has confirmed that a move of Smackdown to Thursday is in discussions but has as of yet not been made. They confirmed the production trucks being updated with Smackdown listed as a Thursday night show on Syfy.

"Someone was overzealous in updating our production trucks," said WWE. "The trucks are being fixed to reflect the current and accurate informatino of Fridays at 8 p.m."
Quote:

Originally Posted by Observer
There was what was described to me as a panic on 8/6, the afternoon before the second night of tapings. It was a combination of the Observer web site report and all the other web sites reporting on the possibility of Smackdown moving to Thursday and what it means for TNA. But with nothing being said, and the knowledge that a Smackdown move to Thursday would be disastrous for ratings and hurt things with Spike if there was any chance of a new deal. Spike likely won’t move Impact to Friday’s due to Bellator, although Wednesday possibly could be done. But who knows if Spike has any interest going forward as those at Spike have said there is nothing new since our reports from last week. But if there are any negotiations with new stations, if the Smackdown move happens, it hurts Impact badly when it comes to negotiations with new stations.

SPOILER: show
Quote:

Originally Posted by Observer
The next NXT live special on the network will be on 9/11, called NXT Takeover 2, with Adrian Neville vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze in a four-way for the NXT title, Charlotte vs. Bayley for the Knockouts title and the Ascension vs. Sin Cara & Kalisto for the tag titles. Charlotte and Kalisto are both supposed to be fast-tracked to the main roster. There is at least talk of Bayley winning to set up Charlotte going to the main roster but that’s not a lock.

Quote:

ROH today announced that its 9/6 show from Toronto, called All-Star Extravaganza, will be airing on iPPV through Ustream.

Unlike as previously reported, ROH will be continuing iPPVs with Ustream, but will need to work with a third party to process orders. This may be an opening for New Japan Pro Wrestling to continue on the platform as well.
Quote:

While discussing the Network, it was noted that WCW Monday Nitro episodes would begin to be added to the Network this Fall alongside the Monday Night War documentary series. WWE will also be posting Raw episodes from that era at the same time.
Quote:

The health of former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger continues to deteriorate. Luger, 56, is now wheelchair-bound after being able to walk on his own in recent years (with assistance from a cane). The former WWE and WCW competitor appeared at the Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Legends Fanfest in Charlotte, North Carolina, over the weekend and was confined to a wheelchair throughout the event. He also had to sign autographs with a pen stuck between his ring and pinky fingers.

Luger's health problems stem from a spinal stroke he suffered on October 19, 2007 that led to temporary paralysis. Nearly a month after his spinal stroke, Luger was still in a quadriplegic state, having no movement in either his arms or legs. In June 2008, Luger was said to be able to stand on his own for short periods of time and walk using a walker. In 2010, Luger stated in an interview that he was able to walk more comfortably, and able to drive again.

slik 08-07-2014 05:33 PM

http://cdn.guyism.com/wp-content/upl...-Important.jpg

Mercenary 08-07-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth82 (Post 4483089)
southern wrestler Ken Lucas has passed away.

Ken was found unresponsive in his home Monday night and rushed to the hospital. He never regained consciousness.

He was imo one of the most underrated workers ever.

He and Ricky Morton were tag team champs for Joe Blanchard's Southwest Championship Wrestling. Their feud with Tully Blanchard and Gino Hernandez was outstanding.

http://www.wrestleprints.com/zc/imag...ucasWBelts.jpg

Every wrestler in the indies is under rated to you come on now....

Shadrick 08-07-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazz Dan (Post 4483383)
Just hanging out in a WWE ring. No big deal.

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/...ps846fb939.jpg

perfect chance for you to turn heel and you blew it.

Fignuts 08-07-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercenary (Post 4483678)
Every wrestler in the indies is under rated to you come on now....

We've covered this already.

Seth82 08-07-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewAllenHanso (Post 4483478)
This annoys me so much. EVERY....SINGLE...TIME...

Every single time ANY wrestler dies you post "One of the most underrated workers"

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewAllenHanso (Post 4483481)
Apparently every no name from 65-85 was super under rated

Ken Lucas was hardly some no name job guy. He was one of the best wrestlers to compete in the Southeast/Gulf Coast area in the 60's & 70's.

I guess since he's not heard of by most we should ignore his passing. I don't consider every worker from the 60's to the 80's to be underrated.

people like Ken Lucas, Don Greene, Jerry Kozak & Billy Robinson were fantastic workers. So they weren't known on a national scale? I guess them dying should be ignored.

Ken Lucas was one of the most beloved faces in the 60's and 70's in the Gulf Coast territory.

Fignuts 08-07-2014 06:15 PM

If he was hardly a no name job guy, and one of the most beloved faces of the 60's and 70's, then he wasn't underrated.

Rammsteinmad 08-07-2014 06:16 PM

And people here would know who he was.

Seth82 08-07-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4483707)
If he was hardly a no name job guy, and one of the most beloved faces of the 60's and 70's, then he wasn't underrated.

I just think he could've been a bigger star had he left the southeast/gulf coast territories. He was underrated when looking at the best babyface workers of all time.

Sixx 08-07-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth82 (Post 4483089)
southern wrestler Ken Lucas has passed away.

Ken was found unresponsive in his home Monday night and rushed to the hospital. He never regained consciousness.

He was imo one of the most underrated workers ever.

He and Ricky Morton were tag team champs for Joe Blanchard's Southwest Championship Wrestling. Their feud with Tully Blanchard and Gino Hernandez was outstanding.

http://www.wrestleprints.com/zc/imag...ucasWBelts.jpg

Guy on the left kinda looks like Iginfest (if I remember Igin's pics correctly).

Emperor Smeat 08-07-2014 06:40 PM

http://giant.gfycat.com/FluffyPeacef...ettersfrog.gif

Rammsteinmad 08-07-2014 06:44 PM

Why does he need to spit out that bit at the end? I mean seriously? He couldn't finish off that one little gulp he had in his mouth? What a waste.

Sixx 08-07-2014 07:04 PM

Don't think he swallowed a single gulp. Maybe he hates milk.

Cool King 08-07-2014 08:42 PM

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaiw...rge/W08014.jpg

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaiw...rge/W07831.jpg

Emperor Smeat 08-07-2014 08:45 PM

http://i.minus.com/iwhF2ongTjeq7.gif

Hanso Amore 08-07-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool King (Post 4483802)

Looks like WE THE POOP E

Dark One 08-07-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewAllenHanso (Post 4483887)
Looks like WE THE POOP E

We the Poopie is taking the nation by storm.

Cool King 08-07-2014 10:47 PM

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/pho...32-500-312.jpg

ron the dial 08-07-2014 10:55 PM

that seth rollins shirt borders on hilariously bad but is actually just bad.

Cool King 08-07-2014 11:01 PM

Speaking of bad....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ETwuDAvZU40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SlickyTrickyDamon 08-07-2014 11:10 PM

That song is bomb dot com whatever that is.

Dark One 08-07-2014 11:12 PM

I saw Cameron. I saw "by CFO$."

I don't even need to hit play.

Dark One 08-07-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4483925)
That song is bomb dot com whatever that is.

http://www.tpwwforums.com/customavat...tar14383_1.gif

Seth82 08-07-2014 11:13 PM

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan on Double Dare

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/1Gjkkrarqys?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/1Gjkkrarqys?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Bad News Gertner 08-07-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth82 (Post 4483710)
I just think he could've been a bigger star had he left the southeast/gulf coast territories. He was underrated when looking at the best babyface workers of all time.

To be fair, Joe Blanchard's territory was awful. As was Joe Blanchard.

Dark One 08-07-2014 11:15 PM

Also IT HAS THE FUCKING # SYMBOL IN THE TITLE. IN THE TITLE.

FourFifty 08-07-2014 11:53 PM

I like Sami Zane, but dude needs a better gimmick. So far all I'm getting from him (and his tights) is "I'm happy and I've wrestled all around the world!" Well that latter part bugs me. He may have been all around the world, but now he's wrestling in the same arena week after week after week after week. I know it's not his fault. It's how NXT is runs. It's one central location in the heart Death's waiting room (Florida).
At least let him talk about his travels more often. Let him brag about winning (possibly fictitious) titles in Cambodia and Madrid. Let him discuss how he wrestled all over the world, seeking out the best competitors. Let him do something more.

As a worker I've loved this guy since I stumbled upon a Generico highlight video. When I heard WWE signed him I was STOKED (and slightly relived they didn't keep the Generico gimmick with the name "Lucha Joe") but now he's... He has all the right pieces. They're just not fitting together at the moment.

Tom Guycott 08-08-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo (Post 4482701)
So this made it online:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...8A359C4873.jpg

What do you think?

I think it looks like Hunter is literally holding the title in abeyance.

... for only $9.99!

Tom Guycott 08-08-2014 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron the dial (Post 4483920)
that seth rollins shirt borders on hilariously bad but is actually just bad.

Kind of fits his X-Men-ish ring gear, though.

ron the dial 08-08-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron the dial (Post 4483920)
that seth rollins ring attire borders on hilariously bad but is actually just bad.

SlickyTrickyDamon 08-08-2014 12:21 AM

Seems like shirt they'd give to him if he was still in NXT. Not the shirt that a future World Champion deserves.

Poit 08-08-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewAllenHanso (Post 4483887)
Looks like WE THE POOP E

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark One (Post 4483893)
We the Poopie is taking the nation by storm.

JBL is people.

SlickyTrickyDamon 08-08-2014 12:45 AM

JBL is a wrestling (announcing) Gaaaaaaaawd MACKLE!

Seth82 08-08-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 4483932)
To be fair, Joe Blanchard's territory was awful. As was Joe Blanchard.

I'd have to disagree. Southwest Championship Wrestling was an outstanding territory for its time.

It had guys like Scott Casey, Wahoo McDaniel, Gino Hernandez, Tully Blanchard, Dick Slater, Dick Murdoch, Jim Duggan, Bruiser Brody, Eric Embry, Adrian Adonis & more.

Lock Jaw 08-08-2014 12:46 AM

WE THE PEEPLE

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/supersta...ian_3_full.png

SlickyTrickyDamon 08-08-2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth82 (Post 4484049)
I'd have to disagree. Southwest Championship Wrestling was an outstanding territory for its time.

It had guys like Scott Casey, Wahoo McDaniel, Gino Hernandez, Tully Blanchard, Dick Slater, Dick Murdoch, Jim Duggan, Bruiser Brody, Eric Embry, Adrian Adonis & more.

Get your podcast going Seth/Gertner. This could be a full episode with you yelling at each other.

FourFifty 08-08-2014 01:44 AM

And now, in no real order...
10 people who should have made it bigger in the WWF/E
*Now with half assed explanations*

10- Vader
This dude was a legit monster, who many feel was held down by backstage politics. He was over as hell everywhere else he went. Perhaps he was given an unfair shake, or maybe it's a case of "you can't win 'em all." The man they call Vader should have been the man they call WWF World Heavy Weight Champion at least once.

9- Brutus Beefcake
While he wasn't a total jobber, you'd think the guy who carries Hulk Hogan's bags would have gotten a little more spotlight than just Hogan's sidekick. I mean, come on. He was Hogan's lapdog everywhere he went. Let's jump into WCW where he followed him. He was a prat of the nWo, and the man who "infiltrated" the Dungeon of Doom. I wouldn't be surprised if he lives Hulk Hogan's basement surrounded by boxes upon boxes of failed Hulk Hogan merchandise.

8- Marc Mero
This man was adept to many wrestling styles. He could be on the bigger side of a high flyer, the smaller side of a brawler, very exciting, could play a great face and a terrible heel. I feel his run got overshadowed by Sable.

7- Chris Candido
Not "Skip of the Bodydonnas", but Chris Candido. His gimmick was toxic (at least Mero had it better in the gimmick department), and ended up with him being managed by some random (alleged) transvestite. Kinda like Mero, he got out preformed by a beautiful woman.
Honorable mentions of a great wrestler ruined by a gimmick- Shane Douglas, Matt Bourne

6- Kenny Dykstra
The main mouth piece of the spirit squad could have been bigger than just a male cheerleader turned into a total nobody. This is just a tragic case of a young kid with everything to prove in front of a fan base that wants everything delivered to them on a silver platter.

5- Rene Dupree
If there's one group the Canadians can make fun of, it's the French Canadians. Why? Everyone hates the French. He played a great arrogant heel. This man could have been a place holder champion to pass the World title from one face to the next. While I never saw him as a solid main event player, he could have been compared to The Mountie.
Honorable mention for "Foreign Bad Guy who could have been bigger"- Kenzo Suzuki.

4- Paul Burchill and Katie Lea
Take the border line incest out of it, and Paul Burchill and Katie Lea could have been amazing. There was great chemistry between them (if you ignored the fact that they were meant to be siblings). That duo could have used each other to get what they want. They both looked good, they talked good, but I feel they didn't get the right exposure. Paul was an English man, then a pirate, and then someone who might be having sex with his sister... One of these things is not like the other...

3- Drew McIntyre
3MB.... 'nuff said.
Honorable Mention- Jinder Mahal

2- Haku
Aside from the sporadic fandom he gets from the people, right here, on tpww.net *#CheapPop* that dude was legit tough. I'm not saying he had "it" to be in the main event scene for a long period of time, but he could have been an awesome body guard, gun for hire, or corporate goon. Would have loved to see Haku vs Ken Shamrock in the attitude era.

1- Eric Bischoff
He didn't have to take bumps. He didn't have to wrestle. All he had to do was talk. I'm fairly sure he was given his run until Vince felt he was done with him. As a figure head, and a mouth piece, I still feels he has a LOT to offer to the industry.
On the creative side he's a bit of an ego-maniacal douche, and perhaps not the best person to do business with, but as a persona, he still has what it takes.
Did he have a good run in WWE? Yea, of course he did. Hell, most of the people I mentioned had a good run (and possibly as fair of a chance as time and circumstance could have given them). There could have been more from all of these guys if they were given the right chances, and avoided bad luck.

Bad News Gertner 08-08-2014 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth82 (Post 4484049)

Lol fuck, Eric Embry. Southwest was the red headed step child of the Texas Territories.