TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "100,001" Replies (Wrestling Forum) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125416)

James Steele 01-04-2014 05:22 PM

So, NWA was pissed they didn't let them know when they were doing a title change so they allowed their brand and titles to go back into obscurity?

Kris P Lettus 01-04-2014 06:13 PM

Johnny B Badd

ron the dial 01-04-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 4353533)
So, NWA was pissed they didn't let them know when they were doing a title change so they allowed their brand and titles to go back into obscurity?

to go back into or remain in?

Lock Jaw 01-04-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 4353533)

But Rob Conway won the title, and just look at him

mike adamle 01-04-2014 07:11 PM

Watching Wrestle Kingdom 8 right now and holy fuck do I love seeing The Young Bucks at Tokyo Dome. Match was a really fun spotfest.

Lock Jaw 01-04-2014 07:55 PM

I really wish Chris Benoit didn't screw up the Vince McMahon Blows Up angle.

A "who killed Vince McMahon?" story would have been gold.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 08:01 PM

Satoshi Kojima winning the NWA World Heavyweight Title is probably the best thing to happen to it for a long while. In front of 30,000 and presented by Harley Race too? Cool moment.

#1-norm-fan 01-04-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4353679)

They could have done it again when the "McMahon's Million Dollar Mania" stage collapsed on him. But instead they opted for the usual "Let's not go anywhere with this" idea.

Emperor Smeat 01-04-2014 08:16 PM

Apparently TNA's plan to cut back on the disastrous traveling costs and save money by going back to Universal ended up backfiring on them recently.

Quote:

TNA will not be taping Impact Wrestling at Universal Studios Orlando anytime soon, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
According to multiple sources, TNA will not be returning to any of Universal's sound-stages as they were unable to secure any dates for 2014 due to the sound-stages being booked out for other productions already.

TNA returned to Universal to tape a number of Impact Wrestling episodes at the end of last year. At the time, TNA's press releases presented Universal as being the "hub" of their Impact 365 social media campaign and noted that the company would have a training center in that market as well.

The Impact episodes taped at Universal Studios will conclude with this Thursday's edition of Impact. TNA will tape several episodes later this month in Huntsville, Alabama, including a live "Genesis" themed episode before heading to Europe at the end of the month for their annual tour, where they will tape a number of episodes as well.

From there, it appears Impact will be back on the road, unless the company is able to find a new regular home for the tapings, because as of now, Universal Studios won't be home base

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 08:20 PM

I'm watching Wrestle Kingdom 8 now. The opening eight-man tag has some interesting looking characters in it. I like how they don't use the traditional western formula for tag matches. Seems to be a lot more back-and-forth and the ending just saw an onslaught of what seemed like the more heelish team on some poor sap from the face team. He gets a good round of applause for taking the beating like a man, though.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 08:26 PM

My powers of deduction tell me that the guy Tenzan forced to submit was Yohei Komatsu, who doesn't even seem to have his own Wikipedia page. I imagine he's quite a new guy to the New Japan scene. After seeing him get some offence in against the legendary Tenzan, I actually wouldn't mind seeing the two have a match down the line. I'm not sure if that's how puroresu works, but that's just my feelings as a viewer. Put them against each other at a show and have Tenzan beat Kamatsu again, but seem more impressed with him. Maybe the two could become an eventual tag team? Better yet, maybe Kamatsu can gain respect for Tenzan, and vice versa, but when it comes time to find a tag team partner, Tenzan doesn't think that Kamatsu is ready and tells him "no." This leads to Kamatsu finding a tag team partner of his own to challenge Tenzan and a new partner. Could be a great star-making affair that wraps up a few people in it.

mike adamle 01-04-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 4353723)
My powers of deduction tell me that the guy Tenzan forced to submit was Yohei Komatsu, who doesn't even seem to have his own Wikipedia page. I imagine he's quite a new guy to the New Japan scene. After seeing him get some offence in against the legendary Tenzan, I actually wouldn't mind seeing the two have a match down the line. I'm not sure if that's how puroresu works, but that's just my feelings as a viewer. Put them against each other at a show and have Tenzan beat Kamatsu again, but seem more impressed with him. Maybe the two could become an eventual tag team?

Not likely. Tenzan is in a tag team with Satoshi Kojima at the moment right now.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 08:35 PM

Lol, New Japan have bands play at their biggest shows too. #sportsentertainment

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike adamle (Post 4353725)
Not likely. Tenzan is in a tag team with Satoshi Kojima at the moment right now.

I've read about their celebrated tag team. With Kojima now as the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, perhaps there is no need to keep them teaming all the time? Or maybe it can be Kojima & Tenzan vs. Kamatsu & a partner?

James Steele 01-04-2014 08:46 PM

:lol:

I'd love it if TNA paid WWE to film some iMPACT! episodes from Full Sail.

VSG 01-04-2014 10:11 PM

Ahem..

SPOILER: show
http://www.pwmania.com/artman/wp-con...yatt-lshow.jpg

Too bad he did not have a goat mask on to complement Eric Rowan's sheep mask :'(

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 10:19 PM

I don't really think Daniel Bryan needed a change, but I'm really curious to see where this goes.

Cool King 01-04-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4353198)
Quote:

The feeling is that when Roman Reigns turns babyface and splits from The Shield, likely in February, that he will be replaced with a new member in the group. Mason Ryan's name has been discussed.

Dear God no.

Please, anyone but Mason Ryan.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 10:36 PM

Not a big Mason Ryan fan, must confess.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 11:06 PM

Back to Wrestle Kingdom 8. While I'm confessing, I must say that I am looking forward to this IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title match. Alex Shelley, despite the little I've seen of him, has always impressed me. I don't know why the WWE released Alex Koslov from his developmental contract. He was unlikely to be a main eventer within a year or anything, but he seems to have skill. I'm really looking forward to seeing my first Taka Michinoku match in years and years.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 11:06 PM

Lol, The Young Bucks. Not sure exactly what their shtick is, but it's pretty funny.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 11:12 PM

Haha, Taka Michinoku and Taichi just sitting down with the commentators as the other teams beat the crap out of each other.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 11:14 PM

The Young Bucks are pretty amazing in the ring thus far.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 11:18 PM

Koslov doing a Russian dance and kicking Alex Shelley in the head each time before double-stomping his face down. Pretty awesome.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 11:33 PM

Love Taka Michinoku and Taichi as a team. Taichi has some weird charisma about him.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2014 11:43 PM

That fucking tombstone/springboard piledriver combo from The Young Bucks! What the fuck is that shit?

CSL 01-05-2014 12:02 AM

MOVEZ

Innovator 01-05-2014 12:03 AM

Young Bucks gimmick, SUPERKICKS! MORE! MORE! MORE! NO TIME TO SELL, HAVE TO SUPERKICK!

There.

Lock Jaw 01-05-2014 12:05 AM

http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/src/1388796021234.gif

YeahyeahyeahMOVEZ

Lock Jaw 01-05-2014 12:15 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uuz8OC8r0z...4-08-51+PM.jpg

Tom Guycott 01-05-2014 12:19 AM

^^^ "CHICKENS!"

Because that shot of those two makes me think of Doring and Roadkill.

Emperor Smeat 01-05-2014 01:02 AM

http://yuploaded.files.wordpress.com...gelaughing.gif

Seth82 01-05-2014 01:03 AM

damn the Sheepherders were such badasses

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OSUeqOxJ0TE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fignuts 01-05-2014 03:20 AM

Noid, you should check out some Shinsuke Nakamura matches. Dude is my favorite wrestler in Japan right now. Has amazing charisma(not just amazing charisma for a japanese wrestler) and he's got this whacky bizarre personality that I've just never seen before.

Oh and he's fucking mint in the ring too. He's probably somewhere on the card on Wrestle Kingdom 8, so I'm sure you'll see him anyway.

mike adamle 01-05-2014 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 4353853)
That fucking tombstone/springboard piledriver combo from The Young Bucks! What the fuck is that shit?

A little background on that move. In like 2009 or 2010 in PWG The Young Bucks biggest rival were the Cutler Brothers. The Cutlers finishing tag team move was... the tandem springboard tombstone piledriver. I think it's hilarious that it's 2014 and I haven't heard of the Cutlers in years and here the Young Bucks are in NJPW stealing their finisher!

mike adamle 01-05-2014 09:11 AM

Back to watch the rest of the japanese wrestlemania, LOL at Daniel Gracie choking out Yuji Nagata with his shirt.

mike adamle 01-05-2014 09:26 AM

Toru Yano and The Great Muta together is hilarious

mike adamle 01-05-2014 09:44 AM

Really looking forward to Togi Makabe-Bad Luck Fale. Makabe is one of my favorite brawlers and Fale is fucking huge and I can't wait to see Togi try to take him down.

CSL 01-05-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4353932)
Noid, you should check out some Shinsuke Nakamura matches. Dude is my favorite wrestler in Japan right now. Has amazing charisma(not just amazing charisma for a japanese wrestler) and he's got this whacky bizarre personality that I've just never seen before.

Oh and he's fucking mint in the ring too. He's probably somewhere on the card on Wrestle Kingdom 8, so I'm sure you'll see him anyway.

yah, one of the few guys that actually has some semblance of character as opposed to "tough strong style bloke #12", always comes up when me and friends watch these shows

Rammsteinmad 01-05-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4353679)

You know that nobody on here would have been satisfied with the outcome, right?