TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bullet Club/Balor Club/The Club (Raw Spoiler) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134422)

Loose Cannon 01-03-2018 02:52 PM

Bullet Club/Balor Club/The Club (Raw Spoiler)

not sure if this needed Raw Spoiler or not but just in case.....

So I saw a segment this morning that didn't air on Raw which was basically Balor confirming they were back together.

curious what everyone's thoughts on this is? I am a big fan of factions and like these three together. It seems like ever since Finn returned he's been lost in the shuffle and hopefully this can help give him, Gallows and Anderson something more to do. I think the last attempt at this was terrible and amounted to nothing. I'd like to see them get a big push and work with the top guys. Too bad Ambrose is hurt.

I would think this also means the end of the Demon character for a while, but maybe he'll still do the gimmick.

I've always wanted to see a Bullet Club pushed strong in the WWE so maybe the second time will be a charm

Big Vic 01-03-2018 02:56 PM

I'm not big on Finn but would love to see Gallows and Anderson get more to do. I have always liked them and hearing them on Austins podcast has made me like them more.

Fignuts 01-03-2018 03:03 PM

Gallows and Anderson are naturally likable dudes who could definitely get over if allowed to do their thing. Will probably have to read from some awful script though.

Lock Jaw 01-03-2018 03:08 PM

I'm not big on Gallows and Anderson, but would love to see Finn being used in more than just a "random match" spot and have an actual storyline and purpose.

Bad News Gertner 01-03-2018 03:11 PM

Balor sucks ass

Loose Cannon 01-03-2018 03:17 PM

when Gallows and Anderson became "doctors" in their Dudley Boys feud is where they lost their steam. they shouldn't do comedic roles

Destor 01-03-2018 03:19 PM

Balor is the next Dolph Zigler

Emperor Smeat 01-03-2018 03:31 PM

Great to see them together again but the moment itself came off as anti-climatic because of how abrupt it was. Made it seem like it was only done because they still have no idea what to do with Balor and/or needed a hard reset on his direction.

Shisen Kopf 01-03-2018 03:41 PM

Balor is a vanilla midget who uses his entrance to get over. He's like a skinny Bobby Roode

XL 01-03-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5066530)
Great to see them together again but the moment itself came off as anti-climatic because of how abrupt it was. Made it seem like it was only done because they still have no idea what to do with Balor and/or needed a hard reset on his direction.

This.

They don’t make enough fuss/noise about things like this. Just sort of “oh, by the way, here’s this”.

Danny Electric 01-03-2018 05:16 PM

I made my views known on the Raw thread and how it was another poorly planned booking.

Imagine if someone told you a year ago that at the beginning of 2018 there would be a variation of the Bullet Club and 'Broken' Matt Hardy on WWE, you would probably have been excited. But no looks like they will ruin both of them.

KIRA 01-03-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5066522)
Balor is the next Dolph Zigler

Dude that was a low-blow

Mr. Nerfect 01-03-2018 05:50 PM

Finn Balor is boring, Luke Gallows is shit and Karl Anderson is okay. I'm enthused. :y:

Danny Electric 01-03-2018 05:51 PM

The thing about Balor is that if it doesn't work out for him in WWE then he could walk in to any other promotion, the guys a star around the world.

Mr. Nerfect 01-03-2018 05:53 PM

Mmm. Well, he can go back to New Japan. No big loss for big gain for anyone, to be honest.

Destor 01-03-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRA (Post 5066597)
Dude that was a low-blow

I mean...you know it feels true...

Mr. Nerfect 01-03-2018 06:38 PM

I actually still find Dolph more interesting. I have less hope for him, but I find him more interesting.

Danny Electric 01-03-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5066610)
Mmm. Well, he can go back to New Japan. No big loss for big gain for anyone, to be honest.

Would be WWE's loss, they could make lots of money out of his merch. It was a shame for him that his injury happened when he won the title , the push was huge and I think he would have run with it.

Mr. Nerfect 01-03-2018 06:42 PM

I do think that they could flog some merch, since people even buy The Young Bucks' stuff. Stick your finger in the wind and see which way it's blowing. I just think it's a sad state of affairs when a bunch of geeks are the most over guys in the industry.

Mr. Nerfect 01-03-2018 06:42 PM

A New Day feud makes the most sense.

Danny Electric 01-03-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5066657)
I do think that they could flog some merch, since people even buy The Young Bucks' stuff. Stick your finger in the wind and see which way it's blowing. I just think it's a sad state of affairs when a bunch of geeks are the most over guys in the industry.

I'll admit that I'm not too familiar with the Young Bucks stuff but as a 'geek' and a big Balor fan the appeal is that he is a normal guy, feels more relatable.

Mr. Nerfect 01-03-2018 06:49 PM

I get that, and I felt that was what they were going with in NXT. And I didn't hate it until it got really fucking boring and I just stopped watching NXT.

Maluco 01-03-2018 06:57 PM

I am always left wondering why things just happen nowadays with no fanfare. This will have no steam by week 3-4.

Where was the shock and surprise, the initial impact, any momentum for the team at all, or even a reason to care?

Balor smiling while doing a stupid symbol in a car park with a tag team that have done nothing all year, big deal.

Why did they not tease it, have it happen in an important match, build them up and make me care about why it is happening at the very least.

Most of the Nexus were duds, but I will never forget their debut. Maybe if that same effort was put into guys with talent, things would be interesting again.

rez 01-03-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon (Post 5066520)
when Gallows and Anderson became "doctors" in their Dudley Boys feud is where they lost their steam. they shouldn't do comedic roles

:fu:

Fignuts 01-03-2018 07:48 PM

Nah, the doctors thing was pretty dumb, but that's on creative not them. I do disagree that they shouldnt be comedic. They have in the past and its been funny. Obviously you dont want to go full santino, but they are fully capable of being entertaining while remaining a serious threat.

Sixx 01-03-2018 07:57 PM

Is Finn Balor still The Demon? Cause this was so fucking stupid.

Nicky Fives 01-03-2018 10:45 PM

Balor's injury really killed all the momentum he had coming from NXT. It seemed like he was going to get the push of all pushes right out of the gate to quickly elevate him to the likes of Reigns/Rollins/etc., but as soon as he got injured Vince pulled the plug, which is unfortunate.....

Loose Cannon 01-04-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5066698)
Nah, the doctors thing was pretty dumb, but that's on creative not them. I do disagree that they shouldnt be comedic. They have in the past and its been funny. Obviously you dont want to go full santino, but they are fully capable of being entertaining while remaining a serious threat.

I agree. they definitely have the sarcastic asshole thing working for them. the writing during the Dudley feud was horrendous and was unwatchable to me.

Loose Cannon 01-04-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maluco (Post 5066670)
I am always left wondering why things just happen nowadays with no fanfare. This will have no steam by week 3-4.

Where was the shock and surprise, the initial impact, any momentum for the team at all, or even a reason to care?

Balor smiling while doing a stupid symbol in a car park with a tag team that have done nothing all year, big deal.

Why did they not tease it, have it happen in an important match, build them up and make me care about why it is happening at the very least.

Most of the Nexus were duds, but I will never forget their debut. Maybe if that same effort was put into guys with talent, things would be interesting again.

i'm sure the writers just needed to fill a spot for Raw and literally the day of or day before the show were just like, meh let's just do a six man with the Club and see how it sticks.

Anybody Thrilla 01-04-2018 01:21 PM

I literally heard Michael Cole say that Finn Balor "likes to have fun" on Monday and it killed all interest for me.

Big Vic 01-04-2018 01:37 PM

Fuck he did? I missed it.

XL 01-04-2018 04:32 PM

I heard it. It made me laugh.

Mr. Nerfect 01-04-2018 10:32 PM

The problem with Gallows & Anderson is Gallows.

Ruien 01-04-2018 10:34 PM

Love Gallows and Anderso. They work so well together but they should not do comedic .roles as someone said earlier. That is not their strength.

Mr. Nerfect 01-05-2018 07:08 PM

Has Luke Gallows ever had a good match?

Anybody Thrilla 01-05-2018 09:48 PM

I like Gallows as a henchman type. He was good in the Straight Edge Society, and I liked his DOC run in Aces & Eights. It's hard for me to picture him as an actual threat, though. I'm never pissed off by his matches. He's serviceable.

I forget what I was trying to say, but everything above remains the same.

Mr. Nerfect 01-05-2018 09:50 PM

He's got presence as a bodyguard. I'd rather see Finn & Anderson as the tag team with Gallows as cheerleader.

Savio 01-06-2018 08:10 AM

I think I would like the Trio more as heels than faces.

screech 01-06-2018 08:23 AM

Big fan of factions, and that these guys have a thing to do.

Plus this could make me see what the big deal is with Karl Anderson. Not that he's bad, I just feel like people were super pumped about him signing and I still "don't get it."

screech 01-06-2018 08:23 AM

Didn't know who he was until he came to WWE. That's probably got a lot to do with it.