TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Elite Wrestling (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135828)

Sepholio 01-14-2022 11:18 PM

no way he should face Dolph Lundgren instead

slik 01-15-2022 01:51 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thanks for bringing this stat to my attention! I really had no idea that I’ve had the most main events in the past 6 months. Very proud of myself. If you like what you see now, strap in for the next 15 years or so. <a href="https://t.co/0cGxcteLS5">https://t.co/0cGxcteLS5</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Garcia (@GarciaWrestling) <a href="https://twitter.com/GarciaWrestling/status/1482108565636669440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Damian Rey 2.0 01-15-2022 02:47 AM

I can’t imagine not liking Daniel García. Everything he does looks good, and he’s the perfect foil to feed to the upset midcard guys. Him with 2.0 has been great.

slik 01-15-2022 03:12 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WWE comment on AEW in new Toronto Star article: <br>&quot;If you look at the gory self-mutilation that bloodied several women in the December 31 event on TNT, it quickly becomes clear that these are very different businesses.&quot;<a href="https://t.co/k97KsH4GSt">https://t.co/k97KsH4GSt</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Thurston (@BrandonThurston) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1482422202196795392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To a Canadian outlet. Where AEW is really popular and NEW there. Due to COVID, there's extreme pent up demand for a show there. A significant % of the roster are Canadian. Will probably be hotter there than Chicago and New York. <a href="https://t.co/P2HG5MqfqY">https://t.co/P2HG5MqfqY</a></p>&mdash; SoDuTw (@SoDuTw) <a href="https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1482435411431628801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dynamite even does better ratings on tv in Canada than Raw, Smackdown and NXT. <a href="https://t.co/ATzIbLhgNo">https://t.co/ATzIbLhgNo</a></p>&mdash; Blue_Fox98 (@AcpwFox98) <a href="https://twitter.com/AcpwFox98/status/1482437897265496064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Nerfect 01-15-2022 03:32 PM

Someone from Canada provided some perspective on the ratings in Canada for me. They said the Dynamite beats Raw and SmackDown thing is misleading. Dynamite is shown once, which is when you have to watch it. Raw and SmackDown and both apparently replayed throughout the week. They sell advertising to that as well. Obviously people watch them.

AEW Rampage apparently isn’t even shown on cable (this is despite their popularity, of course), and they don’t even have a slot in Australia, which is a pretty big market to miss out on.

xrodmuc316 01-15-2022 04:51 PM

Somebody with Twitter, tweet this WWE quote about AEW to Tony Khan and enjoy the meltdown:

“If you look at the gory self-mutilation that bloodied several women in the December 31 event on TNT, it quickly becomes clear that these are very different businesses,” WWE stated. “We had an edgier product in the ‘Attitude’ era and in a 2022 world, we don’t believe that type of dangerous and brutal display is appealing to network partners, sponsors, venues, children, or the general public as a whole.”

Verbose Minch 01-15-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5515087)
Somebody with Twitter, tweet this WWE quote about AEW to Tony Khan and enjoy the meltdown:

“If you look at the gory self-mutilation that bloodied several women in the December 31 event on TNT, it quickly becomes clear that these are very different businesses,” WWE stated. “We had an edgier product in the ‘Attitude’ era and in a 2022 world, we don’t believe that type of dangerous and brutal display is appealing to network partners, sponsors, venues, children, or the general public as a whole.”

The Bunny drawing more than Reigns has broken Vince mentally hahahahaha

xrodmuc316 01-15-2022 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verbose Minch (Post 5515090)
The Bunny drawing more than Reigns has broken Vince mentally hahahahaha

Draw - A wrestler or program that attracts the attention of the audience; someone fans are willing to pay to see. Derived from the term "drawing money", meaning the wrestler makes money for the promotion.

If AEW is in the red, that would suggest they have zero draws.

Mr. Nerfect 01-15-2022 06:14 PM

Just a stupid tweet by Meltzer. I’ve got my issues with the WWE/Saudi deal too. But yes, you’re going to have this issue comes up when you’re promoting fantasy violence in any sort of place that conducts or has conducted any sort of infamous violence. The WWE might temporarily or permanently change the gimmick’s name if it is going to be a fixture this time of year. Their new thing is to use the WrestleMania logo to promote the show as much as possible. WrestleMania Backlash last year, WrestleMania Chamber this year.

Verbose Minch 01-15-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5515095)
Draw - A wrestler or program that attracts the attention of the audience; someone fans are willing to pay to see. Derived from the term "drawing money", meaning the wrestler makes money for the promotion.

If AEW is in the red, that would suggest they have zero draws.

However ya gotta spin it, brother. Just nice to see WWE acknowledging the true tribal chief

Bad News Gertner 01-15-2022 06:30 PM

Meltzer is Jewish

#1-norm-fan 01-15-2022 06:34 PM

Holy fucking shit @ people getting offended by that tweet. I’m very upset that I instituted a “no mocking stupid posts” rule right now.

xrodmuc316 01-15-2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-norm-fan (Post 5515104)
Holy fucking shit @ people getting offended by that tweet. I’m very upset that I instituted a “no mocking stupid posts” rule right now.

Does that apply to people being upset on Twitter?

Personally I would not use the murder of 6 Million people to make a "Fed Bad" argument, but a bad joke is still a joke. It does show the length people are willing to go in the name of AEW. Almost like they write something else besides their own name when signing...

https://i.imgflip.com/61c7en.jpg

#1-norm-fan 01-15-2022 07:24 PM

Lol @ awkwardly trying that joke again.

#1-norm-fan 01-15-2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5515105)
Does that apply to people being upset on Twitter?

Good question!

No. Only unbelievably dumb, possibly brain damage-induced TPWW posts are protected from ridicule under this new initiative.

xrodmuc316 01-15-2022 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-norm-fan (Post 5515107)
Lol @ awkwardly trying that joke again.

It was not awkward at all, making a Phil joke is as easy as Sunny getting back in jail!

#1-norm-fan 01-15-2022 08:06 PM

A whole thread couldn’t get anyone to sell your joke. You’re welcome. In fact I may just head back over to that thread and scold everyone for not giving you the attention you wanted with your first attempt! New initiative: All jokes, even bad ones that may be a sign of a serious mental issue, must be given positive attention IMMEDIATELY!

Verbose Minch 01-15-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-norm-fan (Post 5515117)
A whole thread couldn’t get anyone to sell your joke. You’re welcome. In fact I may just head back over to that thread and scold everyone for not giving you the attention you wanted with your first attempt! New initiative: All jokes, even bad ones that may be a sign of a serious mental issue, must be given positive attention IMMEDIATELY!

What's great about that "joke", is that if he had any sort of knowledge of cards, he'd know that there are whole lines dedicated to players writing things other than their signatures on them

xrodmuc316 01-15-2022 10:07 PM

Quote:

Don't be a sore loser because I so elegantly brushed off your "must be awkward" take.

xrodmuc316 01-15-2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verbose Minch (Post 5515128)
What's great about that "joke", is that if he had any sort of knowledge of cards, he'd know that there are whole lines dedicated to players writing things other than their signatures on them

LOL right?!? Who knew some cards come with spots for them to be signed. Thank you for showing up every now and then and providing wisdom! It's not like the meme is a card with exactly what you are referring to or anything :lol:

#1-norm-fan 01-15-2022 10:18 PM

Soooo awkward.

NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT THOUGH!

I’ve made sure everyone in that thread feels really bad for not playing along with you! Try posting it in a few other threads. I think it should be a hit now!

xrodmuc316 01-15-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-norm-fan (Post 5515150)
Soooo awkward.

NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT THOUGH!

I’ve made sure everyone in that thread feels really bad for not playing along with you! Try posting it in a few other threads. I think it should be a hit now!

Whining sarcastically and talking about how you wish you did not make a "no mocking" rule is not actually following said rule.

#1-norm-fan 01-15-2022 10:39 PM

Damn. You think I’m failing to follow my “no mocking stupid posts” rule, huh?

I’ll work on it.

Verbose Minch 01-15-2022 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5515145)
LOL right?!? Who knew some cards come with spots for them to be signed. Thank you for showing up every now and then and providing wisdom! It's not like the meme is a card with exactly what you are referring to or anything :lol:

Brother, memes are funny. This ain't it

Jordan 01-16-2022 08:46 AM

I say this weekly, easily. Maybe more. But AEW has GOT to cut/not renew several/and I mean a dozen or more active wrestlers from theirs contracts.

I just saw an article about Tony Neese. This dude is nearly perfect, body at an insane level, working ability as good as it gets... Never had a major story in any company... He leaves WWE to get an angle on AEW Dark.

Jay Lethal. A dude who fills a major social need of equality in wrestling, incredible worker and promo, a future HOF performer. Yes finally AEW is working an angle with him and Starks (and I think it's excellent so far) but why did it take two months!?

Andrade when he came into AEW I swear to God was a main event talent. We were able to forget about his poor usage in WWE and he was getting thrust to the top immediately, right? Wrong. Just fucking wrong. These horrible backstage angles are not moving anyone forward or creating any interest.. why does this guy have to have such a cheese dick gimmick? Can't he just be a hot dude that is good at wrestling, has cool matches and doesn't speak English? You can get over on that in AEW.

Those are some of the major characters that I think are underused. We also have Fish, O'Riellly, Ethan Page, Thunder Rosa, Malakai, Leo Rush and Miro that are new to AEW and underused on TV.

I always think "who should AEW cut?"

Usually the list of talents I come up with aren't really dominating the screen on Dynamite. Janela, Kiss, Red Velvet, Luther and the like. AEW has to deal with some of the talent that just aren't progressing on Dynamite and replace them with the newer talent I talked about above.

I think I can do without the Best Friends, I like them all but ultimately they are taking a spot from people who I'd rather be watching. Maybe they just break up and go separate ways until and eventual reunion but I'm tired of this group on tv.

Dark Order. Yes Silver has a connection to the fans but ultimately the group is a failure and really has no way forward at this point. I wouldn't miss it if Dark Order was just never mentioned again as an active unit in AEW.

Inner Circle, time to go. Hager just has to go for good. The stable is done, time to end it. Hager is the only one that needs to be released, Jericho eh... I can do without. Hopefully WWE snags him.

Hobbs, yeah I know AEW has a deficit of black workers but Hobbs sucks and hasn't improved at all since day one. Replace Hobbs with Keith Lee and don't tell anyone.

Malfeitor 01-16-2022 11:28 AM

Where’s Shisen?

I miss Shisen.

He was funny.

xrodmuc316 01-16-2022 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5515062)
Someone from Canada provided some perspective on the ratings in Canada for me. They said the Dynamite beats Raw and SmackDown thing is misleading. Dynamite is shown once, which is when you have to watch it. Raw and SmackDown and both apparently replayed throughout the week. They sell advertising to that as well. Obviously people watch them.

AEW Rampage apparently isn’t even shown on cable (this is despite their popularity, of course), and they don’t even have a slot in Australia, which is a pretty big market to miss out on.

Meltzer and the like are just doing rating gymnastics again, cherry picking data that supports the story they want to write.

Mr. Nerfect 01-16-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5515207)
Meltzer and the like are just doing rating gymnastics again, cherry picking data that supports the story they want to write.

They want this to succeed so bad that they are actually going to hurt it by giving it a false sense of self.

Mr. Nerfect 01-16-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 5515181)
I say this weekly, easily. Maybe more. But AEW has GOT to cut/not renew several/and I mean a dozen or more active wrestlers from theirs contracts.

I just saw an article about Tony Neese. This dude is nearly perfect, body at an insane level, working ability as good as it gets... Never had a major story in any company... He leaves WWE to get an angle on AEW Dark.

Jay Lethal. A dude who fills a major social need of equality in wrestling, incredible worker and promo, a future HOF performer. Yes finally AEW is working an angle with him and Starks (and I think it's excellent so far) but why did it take two months!?

Andrade when he came into AEW I swear to God was a main event talent. We were able to forget about his poor usage in WWE and he was getting thrust to the top immediately, right? Wrong. Just fucking wrong. These horrible backstage angles are not moving anyone forward or creating any interest.. why does this guy have to have such a cheese dick gimmick? Can't he just be a hot dude that is good at wrestling, has cool matches and doesn't speak English? You can get over on that in AEW.

Those are some of the major characters that I think are underused. We also have Fish, O'Riellly, Ethan Page, Thunder Rosa, Malakai, Leo Rush and Miro that are new to AEW and underused on TV.

I always think "who should AEW cut?"

Usually the list of talents I come up with aren't really dominating the screen on Dynamite. Janela, Kiss, Red Velvet, Luther and the like. AEW has to deal with some of the talent that just aren't progressing on Dynamite and replace them with the newer talent I talked about above.

I think I can do without the Best Friends, I like them all but ultimately they are taking a spot from people who I'd rather be watching. Maybe they just break up and go separate ways until and eventual reunion but I'm tired of this group on tv.

Dark Order. Yes Silver has a connection to the fans but ultimately the group is a failure and really has no way forward at this point. I wouldn't miss it if Dark Order was just never mentioned again as an active unit in AEW.

Inner Circle, time to go. Hager just has to go for good. The stable is done, time to end it. Hager is the only one that needs to be released, Jericho eh... I can do without. Hopefully WWE snags him.

Hobbs, yeah I know AEW has a deficit of black workers but Hobbs sucks and hasn't improved at all since day one. Replace Hobbs with Keith Lee and don't tell anyone.

Best Friends should have gone yesterday. The problem is that if you have to split them up, you’re just creating a situation where you have to highlight four different acts instead of just one.

I think at the top, you can cut Matt Hardy, Paul Wight and Mark Henry. That’s probably $3 million right there. Jericho is cooked. Moxley might be leaving anyway and doesn’t do much good. Does Sting even matter anymore? That’s probably a total of $8 million right there.

Who really cares about the rest of the Inner Circle? Sammy, Santana and Ortiz might be good talents, but they don’t matter. I can see why you would keep Sammy though.

Problem is it then becomes about guys who aren’t featured by should be. FTR can be cut. Miro. Malakai Black. PAC. Andrade. None of them really matters to the identity of the company. If you’re getting rid of Black, get rid of Brody King too. Why are The Butcher & The Blade still there? Private Party? Rebel? Serena Deeb? Nyla Rose? Vickie Guerrero?

Just fire half the goddamn roster.

Jordan 01-16-2022 02:34 PM

I make a lot of jokes about Matt Hardy but I truly feel he adds a huge value for AEW in a lot of ways. The Hardy's have a real die hard fan base and he actually still has some really good matches.

I think Mox is one of the biggest stars and best characters they have so I wouldn't even dream of losing him.

Santana and Ortiz just need to get away from Jericho. They are capable of so much but just like the angle they are doing says they've been under Jericho shadow this whole time.

The AEW tag division should be an even bigger focus because of the amount of talent and also the amount of great teams they have. FTR is amazing and should always be featured.

Sting and Darby is a great part time thing. Sting is a God in AEW and really fun to have around so I wouldn't lose him.

Malakai is amazing and Brody King and him may do some great stuff together. Malakai could be a ppv main eventer imo.

We got Mustafa Ali gonna be available soon likely, a guy worth utilizing, Johnny Mundo is available... It's a wild scene right now.

Jordan 01-16-2022 02:35 PM

The Acclaimed have definitely hit level of interest from me and others that I didn't expect. They are really good. So many good teams in AEW and truthfully the tag champs are not even in the top 5 teams!

Mr. Nerfect 01-16-2022 04:00 PM

Just more on Meltzer and his AEW-related meltdowns. His latest one is against Eric Bischoff. Called him a “dumb shit” that doesn’t know anything because Bischoff suggested that AEW competes with WWE.

-You buried your own guys there, Dave.

-The logic behind going head-to-head is to get a larger audience than you currently have. Not necessarily to beat the WWE.

-He goes back and forth between saying AEW doesn’t choose when it’s on and listing reasons why they chose not to go on certain nights. Which one is it?

-He clearly doesn’t understand ratings at all. Tried to use the demo of the NHL to imply that it isn’t a good investment. He goes on to talk about how if the WWE got a 0.45 and the NBA got a 0.45 then it wouldn’t mean the same to advertisers, so he at least understands that much, but he then goes back to using them as 1:1 gauges in other arguments.

-Ratted out AEW isn’t doing too well with advertisers. I mean, he “doesn’t know” but does know that it isn’t great. It isn’t horrible either. But it’s not great.

Vastardikai 01-16-2022 04:05 PM

AEW isn't doing too well with advertisers? Really? I thought they would love seeing blood every week, having guys say the word "shit" all the time, and not having a consistent vision of what the show should look like ("The Codyverse" as I've heard it dismissively referred to vs. the rest of the show.)

xrodmuc316 01-16-2022 04:09 PM

Recap of Meltzer's latest show, let me guess...

https://i.imgflip.com/61i9oh.jpg

xrodmuc316 01-16-2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Tony Khan - “I don’t care what night the shows are on,” Khan noted. “It’s really irresponsible for (Bischoff) to say that because I don’t pick what night the show is on. These are time slots that I was assigned.”
Quote:

Tony Khan - "Also, look at WWE moving shows on purpose just to hurt us by airing against us, it's not fair!!!!"
This dude might have a memory problem on top of a spazzing out problem and a being creepy problem.

GD 01-16-2022 07:36 PM

Fucking Tony Khan :rofl:

Bad News Gertner 01-16-2022 08:08 PM

I love that this thread is still going

xrodmuc316 01-16-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5515289)
I love that this thread is still going

If they would shut the fuck up once in a while, but that's not going to happen :rofl:

Vastardikai 01-16-2022 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vastardikai (Post 5514518)
We may have to rename this the "Official AEW Twitter Meltdown Thread" at this rate.

Also, I need to apologize for this thread continuing. I resuscitated it because I didn't think Omega's meltdown was threadworthy on its own.

drave 01-17-2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Per Decree of your Kingliess from the year of our Lord, Two-Thousand-And-Twenty-One in the birth month of our Savior, it is my sworn blood oath to inform you that you must refrain from mingling with commoners and vagabonds. To continue in such manner shall cause the decline into madness that would then taint your otherwise, fair and honorable rule over the subjects of your great kingdom of TPWW. Your subjects demand sound judgment and mind of their King, with the greatest regards and utmost passion. For even the Queen has descended into madness and cannot keep her emotional rantings from reaching the ear of babes, striking fear in their hearts, ensuring their wales are heard throughout the golden fields of wheat.

It is due to this, that I must insist, you cease and desist at once! Not that I demand anything save what is laid upon my brow by my Liege.