TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   AEW 2021 : 5 They Should Focus On, 5 They Should Not (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=137839)

RP 01-03-2021 06:26 PM

AEW 2021 : 5 They Should Focus On, 5 They Should Not

So for 2021. Give me 5 guys AEW should put there focus on to become a better product than they were last year. Also give me 5 guys they should focus on less.

RP 01-03-2021 06:43 PM

5 They should focus on

#1. Ricky Starks- He's sightly small, I'd like to see him bulk up a little bit, but man he oozes the " it " factor. I dont want to see him go overboard on The Rock like looks. It seems like he dressed like Rock and acts like him in someways. But I really like Ricky Starks a lot.

#2 Will Hobbs- I love this guys look. I love his ability. I dont know if he can talk on the mic. He might not have to talk on the mic if you keep Tazz with him. Hobbs can very much be the AEW's Lesnar. I'm not saying he is Brock Lesnar, but he can play the role somewhat. I'm a big fan.

#3 Miro - When Miro came out at the end of Dynamite a few weeks ago and started wrecking everyone and threw security guys off the stage. That was one of the most hype moments i've experienced on Dynamite. That is what Miro is. They need to cut the funny bullshit act. Cut the fun stuff. Make him a monster again. When Rusev was facing Cena at PPV's, I really got the feeling that Rusev was going to wreck Cena. I loved everything both guys did there. Then Cena crushed him. AEW needs to build Miro into a monster again. He's a monster with a great personality and a ready made backing by fans. Turn him heel maybe. But bring back the monster.

#4 Number 10- I've seen #10 a few times and everytime i watch him, I see a guy who has a great ring presence, moves great, great build, great all around ability. The only thing he doesnt have is a personality. And that probably has a lot to do with him wearing a mask. I would love to see a mask vs mask or mask vs something stipulation match in 2021 so that he can get demasked and then actually give him a face and a personality. I think he could be a breakout star in 2021.

#5 JOHN SILVER- Nobody caught my eye more in the 2nd half of 2020, than John Silver. I know he's small, but he's strong. He's great in the ring. He's great on the mic. He's a great personality. He could be a Dean Malenko? He might be more than that. I think this guy is special. I dont know how you use him. I'm not paid to figure that out. But John Silver is not the type of guy that would normally catch my brown eye. He did. I loved him. I loved everything he did. He's fantastic and needs to be a major focus.

Honorable mention : Anna Jay ( She just started training in 2018 and she looks great. And dat ass )

Also Honorable mention : Butcher, Blade and The Bunny - Love them all. Love The Bunny. She has some Sensational Sherri vibes. She's one of the better female managers to come in since Zelina Vega

I'll put my 5 to not focus on later tonight or tomorrow morning

slik 01-03-2021 07:06 PM

DO

1 - sign Brock Lesnar

2 - keep the unpredictable feel of dynamite

3 - keep listening to fan feedback

4 - don't be afraid to not re-sign people

5 - find a way to get Ricky Starks or Kip Sabian's bare ass on camera

DO NOT

1 - push Michael Nakazawa

2 - push Leva Bates

3 - sign the Great Khali

4 - listen to Jim Cornette

5 - keep The Young Bucks as a face team

Bad News Gertner 01-03-2021 08:04 PM

Listening to the fans is what's preventing them from growing. Appealing to the goobers does them no favours

RP 01-03-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Gertner of TPWW (Post 5409066)
Listening to the fans is what's preventing them from growing. Appealing to the goobers does them no favours

Put together a top 5 or stfu and move on to another thread you fucking asshole.

Triple A 01-03-2021 08:37 PM

Trying to think of a list, but the guys I like the most are already being focused on a good amount (Omega, MJF, Jericho, OC, etc.) and the guys I don't really like that much aren't being really focused on that much (SCU, Kip Sabian...)

xrodmuc316 01-03-2021 08:56 PM

Do:
1. Stop pushing the stupid ref
2. Send Jericho to A.A.
3. Give even more Moxley freedom to do goofy shit he thinks isn't goofy
4. Get rid of cosplay Dinosaurs, Aliens, Pandas, etc
5. Make Jim Ross delete his Twitter and STFU

Dont:
1. Put nerd Tony Khan on TV anymore
2. Let Sting get Paralyzed
3. Pretend the Jaguars are a model NFL Franchise
4. Bring in retired pro athletes to put Brandi Rhodes over
5. Do anything to Piss off Shad so he doesn't cut funding

Supreme Olajuwon 01-03-2021 08:58 PM

I’ll post these as I’m thinking of them

1) rebuild Lucha Bros and LAX as main event tag teams. Feel like from the get go AEW was like “these guys are already established, we don’t need to push them” and they’ve been an afterthought. These 4 are so freaking good and they need to be featured as legitimate stars rather than lackeys.

RP 01-03-2021 10:43 PM

5 They Should Not Focus On

#1 Kenny Omega - I just feel like this guy is so soft. Very soft in the ring. He's slow at some points. His One Winged Angel is the most unbelievable finisher in AEW. It takes forever to execute and takes the opponent leaning his head forward like a dumbass. I need Kenny to change it up or not be focused on.

#2 Darby Allin- This guy's entrance is so cringe. Such an emo. It's so hard to get behind him when he comes in for a save and they go to him beating up a car and then casually walking in. I love him in the ring. I think he takes great bumps. I think he is a tad bit small. But his character is bad. They need to do some changed with his overall character.

#3 Chris Jericho- Dude is fat. No more to add. Until he get's back in shape, move away from him.

#4 The Young Bucks- I'm not saying move totaly away from them. They are outstanding in the ring. But there are some great tag teams in AEW and they need to be showcased.

#5 Matt Hardy - I'm sorry but Matt Hardy lost it years ago. Unless you're gonna do a crazy match like he had at the Hardy Compound with Sammy, every ppv, you need to get rid of him. I love Matt Hardy. Love what he's done. But he's way to slow. He doesnt draw enough anymore. He's really taking up space.

Bad News Gertner 01-03-2021 11:02 PM

Nope, I think you're wrong

rez 01-04-2021 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5409113)
Do:
1. Stop pushing the stupid ref
2. Send Jericho to A.A.
3. Give even more Moxley freedom to do goofy shit he thinks isn't goofy
4. Get rid of cosplay Dinosaurs, Aliens, Pandas, etc
5. Make Jim Ross delete his Twitter and STFU

Dont:
1. Put nerd Tony Khan on TV anymore
2. Let Sting get Paralyzed
3. Pretend the Jaguars are a model NFL Franchise
4. Bring in retired pro athletes to put Brandi Rhodes over
5. Do anything to Piss off Shad so he doesn't cut funding

ahh...Nerfect's perfect little bitch. how's it feel?

rez 01-04-2021 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Gertner of TPWW (Post 5409261)
Nope, I think you're wrong

You're wrong. gonna take it up with the real forum king

xrodmuc316 01-04-2021 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rez (Post 5409332)
ahh...Nerfect's perfect little bitch. how's it feel?

If you paid ANY real attention, you would know when your little AEW started Noid would get mad at me for saying how it would be mostly stupid.

Then he saw the product, and admitted I was right all along. Get a clue bro :rofl:

At least your name calling will get you rep from the other fragile AEW apologist, how's THAT feel?

Vastardikai 01-04-2021 10:18 AM

Focus On:
1. Ricky Starks
2. Abadon (don't put the belt on her yet, but get her more experience and training)
3. MJF
4. Darby Allen
5. Wardlow

Honorable Mentions: Make Excaliber take off his mask and sign Zicky Dice

Don't Focus On:
1. Joey Janella (they aren't really, anyway but continue on not focusing on him)
2. Marko Stunt
3. Brandon Cutler
4. Sonny Kiss
5. Big Swole

Dishonorable Mentions: Quit trying to book to piss off Jim Cornette, the talent does need their own channels and not just "Being the Elite." Also, a little less funny a little more money.

Jordan 01-04-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X (Post 5408118)
A list of some things I like and don't like in AEW.

Don't Like -

Jurassic Express. While capable of having fun matches at times overall the gimmick feels stale to me and I'm not a fan of Marko Stunt and Luchasaurus. I find them generally unbelievable and I Iook forward to a change in their direction. I wouldn't renew Marko's contract if I was Tony.

Joey Janella and Sonny Kiss. Joey was a missed opportunity from the beginning of Dynamite. The masses were never really introduced to his insane personality and he was regulated to Dark and job matches on Dynamite until his pairing with Sonny Kiss which makes no sense on any level. Joey had a lot of "underground" momentum from before AEW and it was completely left behind once he signed. Sonny is a really bad wrestler with a cringe gimmick on multiple levels. I understand that "AEW is for everyone" and the push for inclusion but this character is not working on any level. I would not resign either of them if I was Tony.

The PWG style. This includes all of the moves that Excalibur can call that leave JR scratching his head/hat. I absolutely LOVE The Young Bucks when they are on and nailing their awesome high spots. I think that AEW should be more strict when it comes to other teams/wrestlers "stealing moves". Limit super kicks for The Bucks, basically any move the Bucks do, nobody else can do them. It will force more creative matches from everyone else and make their spots more special.

The Women's Division. Shida is okay she's not setting the world on fire by any means. Britt Baker is obviously the best thing going in that division and should be focused on much more. Ana Jay is showing promise, the NWA women seem to be a solid injection. But they really need to stop booking these weak looking women who have no idea what they are doing in a match. It's embarrassing to watch. They could stop trying to have such a large division of women and focus on 8 or 9 girls that can actually work. They should absolutely get Tessa Blanchard and work a deal with Impact to get some women from them like Jordyanne Grace.

Things I love.

Eddie Kingston. He's been one of the MVP's of 2020 and I wouldn't mind a little more of him, even though I can't complain about the air time he does get.

PAC. I love how AEW has built PAC into a main eventer just on hype alone. Get Pac an apt in Florida and have him on TV more, please!

Archer. He's the fucking man. He has got to turn Babyface after seeing him on the Brodie tribute show. Archer is going to have amazing matches with Kenny.

Cody. No complaints out of me. He's a star, he's the man. One of the best babyfaces ever. I am always intrigued thinking about how one day he will get rid of that stipulation and eventually hold the big belt. It will be like when Tommy Dreamer finally won the ECW title. They could even emulate that moment to a certain degree.

MJF. JUST MORE MJF. Especially in the ring. He's. One of the best they have and he just doesn't get enough ring time in my opinion.

Mox. My favorite guy there right now. Big match Jon. I love everything he does. I'm not sure what will be his next program, I would hate to see him lose to Kenny again but it could be another screwjob at Revolution that sets up something else for him.

Overall AEW had a really great year through the pandemic. My favorite show was probably Double or Nothing, followed by Full Gear. DON had so many amazingly entertaining moments, definitely a PPV worth rewatching. AEW evolved quite a bit from 2019-2020, looking forward to what is next in 2021!