TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Elite Wrestling (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135828)

Evil Vito 02-10-2021 09:53 AM

That's just it - when he's telling old stories, talking about some of his road trips, etc it's great and a lot of fun to listen to.

When he keeps pissing and moaning about a business that isn't to his tastes anymore, it's a bore to listen to. But unfortunately a large portion of his listeners like to hear him rail on the current stuff so he has to keep doing it.

Nark Order 02-10-2021 09:59 AM

The only time I ever have to turn him off is when he gets into politics. I didn't turn on the Jim Cornette Wrestling Podcast for his opinion on the Supreme Court.

Supreme Olajuwon 02-10-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito (Post 5424301)
That's just it - when he's telling old stories, talking about some of his road trips, etc it's great and a lot of fun to listen to.

When he keeps pissing and moaning about a business that isn't to his tastes anymore, it's a bore to listen to. But unfortunately a large portion of his listeners like to hear him rail on the current stuff so he has to keep doing it.

I much prefer the a la carte clips they put on YouTube than listening to the whole episode. The stories are incredible.

Nark Order 02-10-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon (Post 5424306)
I much prefer the a la carte clips they put on YouTube than listening to the whole episode. The stories are incredible.

Unfortunately that's what I've been doing too. I used to have a weekly ritual where I'd sit in my car and eat Chipotle when a new episode came out but there's been too many times where I've had to turn him off lately.

The wackiest stuff with Corny is that he's willing to scorch personal relationships because he doesn't like certain things. I'm pretty sure he's completely burned bridge with Chris Jericho over AEW, somebody who he knows and at one time had a pretty close personal relationship. That's where it gets batty.

Evil Vito 02-10-2021 10:16 AM

He spent years saying glowing things about MJF only to immediately retract all praise for him because he did a singing segment with Jericho.

Pretty sure he even said flat out he'd never praise a current wrestler again because they'll inevitably "whore themselves out."

So straight up admitting he knows current wrestling isn't for him and he's not going to even try. Yet he complains about it weekly. Talk about the old days you have a passion for instead of spending big chunks of your podcast just taking down stuff that isn't geared towards you anymore.

Nark Order 02-10-2021 10:21 AM

I've always thought it funny how many guys are like "I love Jim Cornette. I want to be his friend. He's just such an asshole."

Evil Vito 02-10-2021 10:27 AM

lol his review of the women's Rumble he started the match halfway through because "come on, I can't sit through an hour long girls Rumble"

you don't have to review it at all, Jim.

Nark Order 02-10-2021 10:33 AM

Thats another thing. When he's like "I review AEW every week because that's what the fans want." Like it's this burden and he doesn't take any joy in shitting on modern wresting. Come on now. We know better, Jim.

thecc 02-10-2021 11:05 AM

Iím just tired of the discourse he creates now. Everytime time someone calls him out on his blatantly racist, homophobic, or transphobic shit thereís some crusty dude always willing to defend him.

thecc 02-10-2021 11:18 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jim Cornette is Donald Trump. Both use nostalgia to instigate hate and anger towards anyone who thinks differently than they do. (A thread)...</p>&mdash; EDfromPODVANDAM (@PodVanDam) <a href="https://twitter.com/PodVanDam/status/1163482459356442624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nark Order 02-10-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecc (Post 5424321)
Iím just tired of the discourse he creates now. Everytime time someone calls him out on his blatantly racist, homophobic, or transphobic shit thereís some crusty dude always willing to defend him.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Nark Order 02-10-2021 11:24 AM

I could make a list of grievances a mile long about corny and none of that would be on it.

thecc 02-10-2021 11:26 AM

He was retweeting intentionally shitty things against nonbinary people yesterday. and its not the first time either. and all the shit he said about Sonny Kiss.

Nark Order 02-10-2021 11:32 AM

Who is going to Jim Cornette for nuanced views on gender studies?

Supreme Olajuwon 02-10-2021 11:33 AM

Did he delete the tweets because I’m going through his feed and I don’t see them

thecc 02-10-2021 12:08 PM

it looks like he deleted the retweet but this was the one in question

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheJimCornette</a> If wrestling needs to be more real we need a tag team of non binary millennials called the Snowflakes who take a bump everytime someone opens their mouth</p>&mdash; Nick Withers (@Nickwithers1) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nickwithers1/status/1190360128492621824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And its not that anyone expects his nuanced takes. It's the fact that he's constantly saying shit like this and its clear most of his fanboys would rather ride his dick then not be shitty to oppressed people. Like he can't even do the bare minimum. And its frustrating that people either won't or choose not to see the problems it causes.

Nark Order 02-10-2021 12:24 PM

That's a pretty tame tweet, honestly. I don't know. It's not like I don't see your point, I just don't get how he's any less mean to literally everybody else. I guess I don't see the "targeting" element. If you want to argue that he's a grumpy old man who's mouth constantly gets him in trouble then sure but I'm not getting the homophobic/transphobic angle. He's a lifelong Democrat who talks about the importance of equality all the time and regularly shits on Republicans for exclusionary legislation. Even if he's out of date with his speech, I don't see where the malice towards these groups is.

Evil Vito 02-10-2021 04:58 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I5Zoc4o3KXo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good background info on the joshi women in the tournament. Love stuff like this.

RP 02-10-2021 05:19 PM

MAH HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE!

thecc 02-10-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narkseid (Post 5424332)
That's a pretty tame tweet, honestly. I don't know. It's not like I don't see your point, I just don't get how he's any less mean to literally everybody else. I guess I don't see the "targeting" element. If you want to argue that he's a grumpy old man who's mouth constantly gets him in trouble then sure but I'm not getting the homophobic/transphobic angle. He's a lifelong Democrat who talks about the importance of equality all the time and regularly shits on Republicans for exclusionary legislation. Even if he's out of date with his speech, I don't see where the malice towards these groups is.

This might come across meaner than I intend but that's a pretty god damn privileged look at it. Every time this happens, queer people call him out on the issues it causes for us. Instead of showing any kind of remorse, he just doubles down and in turn his followers end up harassing us. I could see the point if it was just once that would be one thing but it's not. And for the record, it's not just him he's just the loudest one. I think the biggest thing that really gets to me but it usually leads to cis straight people always trying to talk over us and I'm just tired of it at this point.

Also I hate the idea that just cuz he's shitty to everyone that it makes it ok.

drave 02-10-2021 05:50 PM

Imma watch the fuck outta some AEW tonight!!

Nark Order 02-10-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecc (Post 5424421)
This might come across meaner than I intend but that's a pretty god damn privileged look at it. Every time this happens, queer people call him out on the issues it causes for us. Instead of showing any kind of remorse, he just doubles down and in turn his followers end up harassing us. I could see the point if it was just once that would be one thing but it's not. And for the record, it's not just him he's just the loudest one. I think the biggest thing that really gets to me but it usually leads to cis straight people always trying to talk over us and I'm just tired of it at this point.

Also I hate the idea that just cuz he's shitty to everyone that it makes it ok.

Him being shitty to everyone makes it equal, not necessarily ok. If the specific accusation is targeting minority populations for harassment, I don't think that is shaking out to be the case. People are allowed to be mean to people, that's just the way of the world. If you want to argue he's a jerk, sure have at it. If you're trying to argue that he shouldn't be allowed to be mean on the internet or should only be allowed to be mean to people you deem appropriate, grow up.

Bad News Gertner 02-10-2021 06:52 PM

I'm pretty sure Cornette's main issue with Sonny Kiss was that she was presented with no backstory which is completely reasonable with a gimmick like that.

Slik 02-10-2021 06:57 PM

Are Sonny Kiss/Janela still a tag team? I thought they worked better as a tag team than individual wrestlers.

Bad News Gertner 02-10-2021 07:29 PM

I read the AEW results and Janela accompanied Kiss for her match last night

Emperor Smeat 02-10-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5424430)
Are Sonny Kiss/Janela still a tag team? I thought they worked better as a tag team than individual wrestlers.

Yeup.

They show up from time to time on Dark but think the reason for their lack of matches in recent weeks was due to Janela getting hurt during his match against Omega earlier in the year and him being busy working for GCW.

I wouldn't be surprised if Janela leaves AEW once his contract is up. Less due to his low status or lack of direction in the company and more due to him just enjoying working a lot more in a GCW style setting.

Mr. Nerfect 02-12-2021 08:39 PM

Just your occasional reminder that AEW sucks. How many kidnappings did they do this week?

Supreme Olajuwon 02-12-2021 09:13 PM

I mean I was held captive, but only as a viewer. Does that count?

Supreme Olajuwon 02-12-2021 09:18 PM

No matter how much I wanted to look away, I couldn’t. Because it was so great.

Slik 02-12-2021 11:13 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fascinated by the censorship choices of this. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/tna02?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#tna02</a> <a href="https://t.co/13lyG1vHKi">pic.twitter.com/13lyG1vHKi</a></p>&mdash; Jus��in (@Justin_SofOK) <a href="https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/1360059927352516609?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lock Jaw 02-12-2021 11:32 PM

Wonder what Disco Inferno is doing these days..... should bring him back in next year's Rumble even though he was never a WWE guy....

Slik 02-12-2021 11:35 PM

He spends a lot of time trolling people on Twitter

Slik 02-12-2021 11:37 PM

I wonder if this is Smelly Meatball...ya never know, he could have kept this secret for YEARS from the tpww universe


<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/tna02?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#tna02</a> <a href="https://t.co/zyYyxOrbxO">pic.twitter.com/zyYyxOrbxO</a></p>&mdash; Jus��in (@Justin_SofOK) <a href="https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/1358180965261201413?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Emperor Smeat 02-12-2021 11:59 PM

I can say with 100% certainty that I've never been that fat before.

Sure I've gained a few pounds during this coronavirus pandemic but nowhere close to looking like a human sized meatball.

Going by Cagematch's listing, that picture of Meatball was from his only appearance ever in TNA.

Vastardikai 02-13-2021 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5425524)
He spends a lot of time trolling people on Twitter

He also does a podcast with Konnan, called Keeping it 100.

RP 02-13-2021 01:47 AM

Am I wrong or is everything happening in the Inner Circle ( Sammy quitting ), leading up to the IC turning on Jericho? I hope it is. I hope they beat the shit out of Jericho and put him out for 3 months and Jericho takes that time to get in shape and come back as the real Chris Jericho and not this fat piece of shit we've been treated to.

Damian Rey 2.0 02-13-2021 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5425566)
Am I wrong or is everything happening in the Inner Circle ( Sammy quitting ), leading up to the IC turning on Jericho? I hope it is. I hope they beat the shit out of Jericho and put him out for 3 months and Jericho takes that time to get in shape and come back as the real Chris Jericho and not this fat piece of shit we've been treated to.

It seems that way although the way they're setting things up, it could be both Sammy and Jericho getting the beat down. I want it to be Sammy because I think as a cocky, brash babyface chasing MJF around would be a fun program and really elevate him.

Mr. Nerfect 02-13-2021 02:46 AM

Every man and their dog expects MJF to take the Inner Circle. It will probably happen in a very similar fashion to the Festival of Friendship. It just doesn’t mean anything.

Jordan 02-13-2021 10:49 AM

I've been feeling like Santana and Ortiz could peel off and split with IC and side with Sammy. I think that would be an interesting story but I'm not sure if I'm getting those vibes right now. There may be many chapters yet to come in the dissolvement of the Inner Circle. I can't imagine Jericho going it alone in the world of AEW.

Evil Vito 02-13-2021 12:25 PM

Yeah the MJF and Sammy stuff this week has me thinking they’re in cahoots to get Jericho ousted.

Then MJF and Sammy could be all “there is no leader in our version of the IC!” even though both of them very clearly are trying to be in charge.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®