TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWE SmackDown Weekly Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=138190)

Mr. Nerfect 06-26-2021 04:48 PM

The king gimmick is always death. Nakamura looks good in white at least. Baron Corbin as a sympathetic face is not going to work. He’s a lackey. Just let him fill that role. Seth’s bitch. Done.

Got a feeling Edge might actually win the Universal Title for a bit. I can see Seth winning MITB and cashing in on him.

DAMN iNATOR 06-27-2021 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5461332)
The king gimmick is always death. Nakamura looks good in white at least. Baron Corbin as a sympathetic face is not going to work. He’s a lackey. Just let him fill that role. Seth’s bitch. Done.

Got a feeling Edge might actually win the Universal Title for a bit. I can see Seth winning MITB and cashing in on him.

I think they'll stick with Roman as champ at least until SummerSlam.

XL 06-27-2021 06:07 AM

I think I’ve missed a chunk of the Roman-Usos story. Where is Jey? Why has Jimmy now sided with Roman?

screech 06-27-2021 11:51 AM

lol my DVR skipped the coronation segment. Was it good? Should I track it down?

screech 06-27-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5461487)
I think I’ve missed a chunk of the Roman-Usos story. Where is Jey? Why has Jimmy now sided with Roman?

Jimmy has been trying to get Jey to side with him over Roman so they can be a tag team again. Roman wants Jey as his right hand man. Two weeks ago they were all arguing and Jey said fuck this, I'm outta here.

screech 06-27-2021 12:01 PM

Oh and last week after Roman beat Rey, Jimmy came out and raised Roman's hand.

Fignuts 06-27-2021 12:05 PM

That makes no fucking sense.

Just like when Jey did a 180 and joined Roman.

screech 06-27-2021 12:30 PM

The switch from "I'm nobody's bitch" to "I acknowledge you" was weird.

Undermined Jimmy's whole "we should be a tag team instead" thing.

Ruien 06-27-2021 12:58 PM

Jimmy feels bad for the situation Jey has been put in. Once Jey took off Jimmy decided to get along with Roman to get Jey back into the loop.

Fignuts 06-27-2021 01:50 PM

That's all just speculation though. You're telling a story, you need to make that clear. I'd like to think that that's the story wwe is trying to tell, but given how nonsensical their plots have been in the past, I'm not so sure.

XL 06-27-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screech (Post 5461502)
Oh and last week after Roman beat Rey, Jimmy came out and raised Roman's hand.

Yeah I saw that, that’s where I went :wtf:.

XL 06-27-2021 04:56 PM

Not sure if there’s a turn coming and it’ll be shocking because there’s no hint to telegraph it, or if there’s just chunks of the story missing.

Ruien 06-27-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5461513)
That's all just speculation though. You're telling a story, you need to make that clear. I'd like to think that that's the story wwe is trying to tell, but given how nonsensical their plots have been in the past, I'm not so sure.

Tv shows end with cliff hangers every week. Do you need to be baby spooned every piece of info right away? We complain about not having long term storyline. Then we bash WWE for doing a long term storyline. Its okay if we don't know exactly what is going on. That is part of the fun.

erickman 06-27-2021 05:51 PM

that's still the best story in wwe

Fignuts 06-28-2021 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 5461539)
Tv shows end with cliff hangers every week. Do you need to be baby spooned every piece of info right away? We complain about not having long term storyline. Then we bash WWE for doing a long term storyline. Its okay if we don't know exactly what is going on. That is part of the fun.

There's a huge difference between letting the audience fill in some of the blanks, and letting the audience fill in all the blanks. The latter is just lazy writing.

XL 06-28-2021 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 5461539)
Tv shows end with cliff hangers every week. Do you need to be baby spooned every piece of info right away? We complain about not having long term storyline. Then we bash WWE for doing a long term storyline. Its okay if we don't know exactly what is going on. That is part of the fun.

I’m all for this. Just checking I haven’t missed some really important plot developments. It just turns out we went from Page 4 of the plot to Page 7.

erickman 06-30-2021 08:51 AM

i wonder if we get happy corbin this week

erickman 07-02-2021 09:23 PM

now they are doing corbin lost all his money, why are they ruining a good heel

erickman 07-02-2021 09:31 PM

now they towed corbins truck

Mr. Nerfect 07-02-2021 09:46 PM

Corbin would be fine as a lackey heel. Put him with Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns or even Bray Wyatt and it would be fine. He’s not a thing on his own. His best presentation was when he would talk shit about indy guys coming up and how he comes from better ground because he was a premier athlete in college. But that worked in NXT. On Raw and SmackDown it would only work, maybe, in The Hurt Business.

There’s a place for Corbin. He’s not awful in the sense he does everything he sets out to do correctly. He’s just not dynamic on his own.

erickman 07-02-2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5462357)
Corbin would be fine as a lackey heel. Put him with Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns or even Bray Wyatt and it would be fine. He’s not a thing on his own. His best presentation was when he would talk shit about indy guys coming up and how he comes from better ground because he was a premier athlete in college. But that worked in NXT. On Raw and SmackDown it would only work, maybe, in The Hurt Business.

There’s a place for Corbin. He’s not awful in the sense he does everything he sets out to do correctly. He’s just not dynamic on his own.

yeah he is a great mid card heel to fight with before the face goes to main event.

erickman 07-02-2021 09:50 PM

i quit match for the womens belt should be good.

Supreme Olajuwon 07-02-2021 09:51 PM

Steen Generico last man standing match? I’m in

Supreme Olajuwon 07-02-2021 09:52 PM

Oh it’s a qualifying match? I’m out

erickman 07-02-2021 10:26 PM

zelina vaga is on smackdown wow.

so does she keep her twitch show

Mr. Nerfect 07-02-2021 11:56 PM

What a weird ride. From her being released to her husband being released, to her being re-hired.

DAMN iNATOR 07-03-2021 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erickman (Post 5462353)
now they are doing corbin lost all his money, why are they ruining a good heel

It's like a way worse version of MVP and his unending losing streak.

Also, not that I'm complaining like, at all, but wow do they have Bayley wear the most provocative yet somewhat modest outfits when she's only doing a segment and not competing.

erickman 07-03-2021 02:21 AM

so ether black will be rehired or vince will let vega keep all her twitch money

Mr. Nerfect 07-03-2021 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erickman (Post 5462397)
so ether black will be rehired or vince will let vega keep all her twitch money

Serious question: Why is neither not an option?

erickman 07-03-2021 05:35 AM

vega made more money on twitch then working for wwe she will not give that money to vince

Mr. Nerfect 07-03-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erickman (Post 5462407)
vega made more money on twitch then working for wwe she will not give that money to vince

Fairly deduced, except I think that will turn out to be false. Or at least exaggerated through context. Or her Twitch died off without her WWE profile anyway. The whole reason she was fired was because of this.

But always found it hard to believe that she would make more through Twitch than WWE.

Ruien 07-03-2021 07:36 PM

"The typical "expert" streamer makes between $3,000 and $5,000 per month by playing 40 hours per week. More average streamers will make roughly $250 in ad revenue per 100 subscribers or $3.50 per 1,000 views. To start earning money on Twitch, you need roughly 500 regular viewers."

How many viewers does she get?

I also thought it was because she was getting money for OnlyFans. Not Twitch. She does that Cosplay thing on OnlyFans and makes a killing off of it.

Mr. Nerfect 07-03-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 5462445)
"The typical "expert" streamer makes between $3,000 and $5,000 per month by playing 40 hours per week. More average streamers will make roughly $250 in ad revenue per 100 subscribers or $3.50 per 1,000 views. To start earning money on Twitch, you need roughly 500 regular viewers."

How many viewers does she get?

I also thought it was because she was getting money for OnlyFans. Not Twitch. She does that Cosplay thing on OnlyFans and makes a killing off of it.

I doubt she was on less than $350k a year with WWE. And that’s probably a low-ball. Lana and Maria were both on $500k. But $350k is about $30k a month. Playing video games and dressing up like you can find on Google Images.

I’m willing to bet that bit of “news” was taken out of context to make the WWE look bad with their salaries (which they’re really not, if we’re being honest), make Zelina look more popular than she is, was exaggerated and someone took it literally, or she made more in a week doing something than she made in one night for a WWE appearance and that was taken way out of context.

Fuck, if she were making that much money off it, why wouldn’t WWE want a slice instead of asking her to shut it down? If she were making $350k and they could get even just a chunk of that to offset her contract, what a deal?

She was probably making in the tens of thousands over the course of a year.

Mr. Nerfect 07-03-2021 08:07 PM

The average OnlyFans takes in $180 p/m. The top 1% of accounts take in most of that money. Zelina has a profile and all that, but is she going to be that high in the rankings? Apparently the launch of her OnlyFans was what got her fired anyway. Her Twitch was the alleged source of her >WWE income. So if she made $5k a month off that, her WWE salary would have been <$60k a year. You can believe that if you want to.

This is why you don’t trust Smeat and slik, folks.

Mr. Nerfect 07-03-2021 08:36 PM

LOL, I should have clicked on the details link. I thought it would be mostly tier 1, some tier 2 and less tier 3. It turns out she has 3 tier 2 and 4 tier 3. Not thousand. 3 people pay for tier 2 and 4 for tier 3. Almost all her subscribers have been tier 1. Even at her one month peak, she had 16 and 9 in the more elite tiers.

So she’s basically en route to make $73k with her account. If you look at her record high, she may have pulled in $40k on her highest month. That would be about $480k a year, if sustainable. It’s easy to see an internet reporter spinning that into “Zelina Vega makes more off Twitch than WWE,” when it’s an anomalous month-to-month comparison from her absolute Twitch peak.

So it’s not really true and is spin, but it was possible that there are months she did better there than in the WWE. Except she’s currently getting about $6k a month. So compare that to a WWE contract.

DAMN iNATOR 07-09-2021 07:32 PM

Hoping against hope that it's just an angle, but it seems Bayley was injured training for her "I Quit" match and will miss 9 months of action, which of course means, if it's NOT a work that she would be in jeopardy of missing out on being part of WrestleMania 38.

erickman 07-09-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 5463565)
Hoping against hope that it's just an angle, but it seems Bayley was injured training for her "I Quit" match and will miss 9 months of action, which of course means, if it's NOT a work that she would be in jeopardy of missing out on being part of WrestleMania 38.

wonder what heel they will get to take the spot beckey would be a face

erickman 07-09-2021 09:51 PM

blackheart and nox as a tag team on smackdown

erickman 07-09-2021 09:51 PM

an they beat the champs

Mr. Nerfect 07-09-2021 11:50 PM

No surprise they are bringing in fresh talent to try and remodel the shows a bit.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®