TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Final Fantasy 7 Remake (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=129798)

#BROKEN Hasney 06-15-2015 09:50 PM

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

IT NEEDS ALL FUCKING CAPS HOLY SHIT

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kIpymgFzIrY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ruien 06-15-2015 10:02 PM

O.o

Ruien 06-15-2015 10:02 PM

Feel like this is a joke.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-15-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4651051)
Feel like this is a joke.

Added the video they showed, it's legit. Feels like this might be the best E3 conference of all time.

drave 06-16-2015 05:37 AM

I'M SO CLOSE TO THE EDGE OF MY SEAT THAT THE CHAIR IS PRACTICALLY IRRELEVANT AT THIS POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drave 06-16-2015 05:38 AM

I CANNOT CONTAIN FEELS AND THERE AREN'T ENOUGH EMOJIS IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUDDDD NOOOOOOOOIIIIIIISSSSEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!

#BROKEN Hasney 06-16-2015 05:58 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j1vSYIHlMp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just love how they refuse to believe it until the word Remake comes up.

YOU MANIACS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING. MIDGAR LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THAT WHAT ARE YOU DOING

drave 06-16-2015 06:04 AM

They did a damn good job at keeping it hush hush, that's for damn sure. I know after the "trolling" they did announcing the PC re-launch there was little to no hope it would ever happen.

I am absolutely not going to be able to concentrate after reading/watching what has happened.

There is nothing Nintendo can do to make me care.

drave 06-17-2015 06:38 AM

Quote:

These days, HD remakes are pretty common! They usually are the same games, but with spiffy new graphics and, often, optional and updated controls. The big question is whether or not this is a straight-up remake. From what Nomura says, it’s not.

“I can’t get go into details,” Nomura said, “but this is not a simple remake. Let’s say for argument’s sake that we only pretty up the graphics for current gen hardware, I don’t think that would surpass the original version.”

(Note: Here Nomura actually said “next gen hardware,” but he is referring to the current gen.)

The Final Fantasy VII Remake Won't Be Exactly the Same

It seems that if the game only featured better graphics, then the difference between this remake and the upscaled port would merely be cosmetic.

“The original version is a game that came out in 1997, and if you look at it today, you can feel how dated the graphics and the game system are,” Nomura told Famitsu. “However, that’s also part of Final Fantasy VII.” Nomura added that even today, the game continues to get support and that is unlikely to change.

However, it sounds like like the remake will feature evolved gameplay. Again, here’s Nomura:

“We haven’t shown any gameplay yet, but since we’re updating them quite a bit, please look forward to that,” Square Enix’s Tetsuya Nomura told Dengeki Online. (Note: The word Nomura used, 進化 or “shinka,” can also mean “evolution” or “progress.” He didn’t say 変化 or “henka,” which means “change” or “variation.”)

For a title like this, even if you only redo the graphics, I don’t think you get something that’s exciting.”

So, what does that mean?

“Since we now formally revealed Kazushige Nojima’s name for the scenario, there will be more plot devices in the story, so I think you can also look forward to that.”

Ah, perhaps maybe they’ll be adding to the story, fleshing certain parts out or adding more backstory? That I can see making this more than a simple high-def remake with pretty graphics. I hope this doesn’t mean certain parts of the original story, however, will be written out...

“So,” Nomura told Famitsu, “if you are going to do a full remake, you have to take a different approach and make something that suits the times.”

According to Nomura, Square Enix is planning to reveal more about this remake later this winter—at the very least, the game’s formal title. So, yes, yes, look forward to that, too. Expect it.

drave 06-17-2015 06:39 AM

Let the Fanboy rage commence at any and all early speculation!

#BROKEN Hasney 06-22-2015 06:56 AM

http://i.imgur.com/SxOgj5K.png

road doggy dogg 06-22-2015 07:15 AM

nice

drave 06-22-2015 08:08 AM

Jizz In My Pants.

Fignuts 06-22-2015 06:38 PM

great googly moogly

Sepholio 07-08-2015 11:04 AM

I just filled the cup.

Overflowing right now actually.

Drakul 07-08-2015 11:38 AM

I'll play it when it comes out for Xbox One, assuming something motivates me to actually buy an Xbox One.

If they change anything about the story, my first thought is that they'll cut the crossdressing segment for a bunch of reasons. It'll still happen in the story but we'll play as someone else, elsewhere, as it happens as part of a fleshing out of other characters.

road doggy dogg 07-08-2015 12:11 PM

Didn't they specifically state that the crossdressing thing will remain in the game

#BROKEN Hasney 12-05-2015 01:20 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2UWcBhdYlow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

road doggy dogg 12-05-2015 01:55 PM

jesus christ I need to buy a PS4

drave 12-05-2015 05:59 PM

i didnt think it was exclusive, just "first"?

OssMan 12-05-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4663008)
Didn't they specifically state that the crossdressing thing will remain in the game

it definitely won't... also wouldn't be surprised if world map exploration/chocobo riding is completely "axed"

road doggy dogg 12-05-2015 07:02 PM

I could've sworn I read a tweet or quote somewhere from S-E where someone asked about it and they said it was... maybe I'm making this up. Could be.

Shisen Kopf 12-05-2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4739610)
jesus christ I need to buy a PS4

Gofundme.com

#BROKEN Hasney 12-05-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 4739745)
i didnt think it was exclusive, just "first"?

Said console debut on PSX too yeah. So it'll probably be on PS4 for 6 months to a year then get an XBox version out. Seems to be the usual agreement.

road doggy dogg 12-05-2015 08:49 PM

PC at all?

#BROKEN Hasney 12-05-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4739794)
PC at all?

Maybe, Square are a bit unpredictable with PC releases. At one point they were just doing mobile ports of FF to Steam. Then they did Type 0 out of nowhere, but it doesn't have the FF XV demo and this remake looks to be made in the same engine.

Now Dragon Quest Heroes is on Steam which is fucking weird.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-06-2015 05:48 AM

Might be people reading to much into it, but this makes sense to me. Cloud in Smash might mean it comes to the Nintendo NX too, whatever the fuck that thing is.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-06-2015 10:03 AM

Looks like the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster is coming to Steam as well, so I'd pretty much say now that Square will be shoving all Final Fantasy onto PC at some point.

Ultra Mantis 12-06-2015 11:07 PM

Reports are coming in that the remake will actually be released in an episodic format, as made popular by Telltale.

Slow clap for Square Enix. Fucking hell.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-07-2015 03:24 AM

It's happening and I'm fine with that based on this interview where they talk about the game having just as much content as the original:

Quote:

-they made multi-release since they would have to cut stuff out if they made it in one game. The detail of the game will be so dense, and you will be able to go to various locations within Midgar that you couldn't go before.
-there will be some stuff that has to be cut, but there will be lots of stuff added. overall volume will be big
Quote:

A rough translation of http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/173/1173362/

- About the details of splitting the game into episodes, please tell us more.

Kitase: From the beginning, we have considered it impossible to remake FF7 into one single game. Althought it's impossible to tell you the details about the splitting at the moment, please wait for our further announcement.

Nomura: If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some part of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some contents from the game, and it would be difficult to add more to the game. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achived, we have decided to split the game into episodes.

Kitase: Taking the No.8 street shown in the video this time, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would have been impossible to do with a single release.
If they split it into three parts, we'd be looking at 3 30 hour episodes each based on the original content and that's ignoring all the side shit to do. This way, we'll actually get to play it before 2020 as well.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-07-2015 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4739759)
I could've sworn I read a tweet or quote somewhere from S-E where someone asked about it and they said it was... maybe I'm making this up. Could be.

Dunno about back when you first posted about it, but they have now.

Quote:

Cross-dressing scene will be included. Nomura has yet to work on the design, however.

drave 12-07-2015 08:28 AM

Are they afrais of putting more than 1 disc in the box?? Calling wankness on the episodic format.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-07-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 4740233)
Are they afrais of putting more than 1 disc in the box?? Calling wankness on the episodic format.

Nah, there will likely be a "complete" edition. But considering how early it was when it was shown, you would be looking at 2019 at the earliest for a game as big as this. This way, we might get the first game out by 2017 and have one a year. I'm down with that, those that aren't can wait until it's fully done.

road doggy dogg 12-07-2015 08:44 AM

I don't have much of an opinion either way, though I find the quote funny:

"Kitase: From the beginning, we have considered it impossible to remake FF7 into one single game."

It would be impossible to make a full game of this full game that came out 20 years ago!

drave 12-07-2015 08:53 AM

Exactly RDD - the premise is so absurd.

I understand that it "can't be on one disc" sure - but that is when you put in Disc 2 to continue.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-07-2015 08:54 AM

Yeah, it's obviously possible, but could be a mis-translation. What he means is a game of this size and scope isn't financially viable as a single release anymore.

Stuff like GTA, Witcher and Fallout are massive and expensive to produce while re-using assets all of the joint. Something like FF7 with all the locations and enemies being so varied having to be remade with HD textures will take a fuckton of work.

I'm fully expecting at least 3 episodes and they're going to be $40 a pop at least. I pretty much expected from the start that at the very least, it would either be more expensive than the typical game or they'd just cut out a fuckton. I prefer this way of doing it compared to cutting shit out.

drave 12-07-2015 08:56 AM

I will wait for the complete edition I think. It would drive me nuts to have to wait 12 months in-between "episodes".

#BROKEN Hasney 12-07-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 4740249)
I will wait for the complete edition I think. It would drive me nuts to have to wait 12 months in-between "episodes".

It normally does for me as well, always wait for episodic games to be fully out.

I'm OK with this one because I think I know how it ends.

road doggy dogg 12-07-2015 09:02 AM

Aeris' death is probably the "chilling finale" of one of the episodes... f yeah spoilers!

road doggy dogg 12-07-2015 09:02 AM

Imagine if they don't kill Aeris this time around, because it would "be cool to have her around all game"

would revolt

#BROKEN Hasney 12-07-2015 09:06 AM

http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%...eQ&w=600&h=584

drave 12-07-2015 09:50 AM

lol, they forgot the $ in epi$ode.

And yea, if they do something as dumb as Aerith living.... then yea. That would be a pretty big fuck up.

Also, despite knowing the ending, I just don't buy the requirement of having a multi-part game for something like this. I get TellTale's thing, but I'm just NotAFan.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-07-2015 09:57 AM

The multi-part is to get it out earlier and because the budget is so huge and it's easier for people to swallow paying $40 3 times than $120 up front or whatever it will end up costing. It's going to be priced much higher than a normal game when it's all said and done. Basically their options were:

1) Get the game in a timely manner, in one go, but cut out a lot of stuff.
2) Get the game in a timely manner, in one go, complete, but cut production values significantly.
3) Get the game in a timely manner, in various episodes, complete and looking this good.
4) Get the game complete, in one go, and looking this good, but in 2020 if you're lucky and costing over $100 (in which case you might as well wait for them to release all the episodes and buy the inevitable bundle).

drave 12-07-2015 10:42 AM

It doesn't have to be episodic, if they just do it in one go. Patience is something that the industry (due to consumers) have forgotten.

See: 2014-2015 broken releases.

There is no need to make people pay for it more than once, other than marketing. I refuse to believe that they cannot "fit everything in" with technology more advanced than when the game was created.

I get that requirements for "pretty" games are higher now, but c'mon.

1) Refuse to believe that
2) The technology exists to keep it as great as it is now. Early demos have a history of being "framed" to look better than actual final results anyway.
3) See point 2 and "patience"
4) No reason to charge higher for it, it is a single game. Regardless, peopel will pay for it sure.

What if they do episodic releases and then announce DLC? The initial plan just reeks of going THAT direction.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-07-2015 11:13 AM

It's not about fitting it, of course it can through multiple discs and digital downloads. The issue is how much it costs.

Back when FF7 came out, it cost $45 million (67 million with 2015 inflation) to make and that's just development excluding the marketing budget. If they're not going to cut anything or reduce the production level (it is likely to look as good as that, play the XV demo and you should see it there too), it's going to cost a magnitude higher to make. You're looking at least GTA V level budget and as big as FF7 was, it'll never touch that number of sales, especially with the state of the Japanese video game market with how mobile has taken over there.

The cost is the reason that 10 and 13 were corridor based games and cut the open maps and vibrant towns, they just didn't have the budget to do things like that in HD. IF they do this right (and that's a big IF) with an open world map, all the varied enemies, chocobo breeding, golden saucer and airship/submarine, then it's worth it and probably required to make a profit.

I'm still totally open to modern square fucking this up, I just don't think this is the reason for it.

drave 12-07-2015 11:26 AM

I'll give them developmental costs, sure.

I think it'll sell a helluva lot more than what is predicted.

Emperor Smeat 12-07-2015 05:28 PM

Square Enix hired another studio called CyberConnect2 to help them out with the development of this remake. The studio has helped and worked on FF series games in the past but nothing this large ever before.

Quote:

Well, the studio behind the Naruto fighting games, CyberConnect2, is apparently helping develop Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura and producer Yoshinori Kitase confirmed CyberConnect2 is helping out with development in an interview with Famitsu.

While the studio has previously helped with smaller Final Fantasy games, this will be its first time working on a main entry in the series.
http://www.destructoid.com/final-fan...2-324939.phtml

Fignuts 12-07-2015 07:13 PM

I will wait until the episodes are all out to play it. I've waited this long for an ff7 remake. Whats a few more years?

OssMan 12-07-2015 07:23 PM

The window for them to do this was on PS3. I would have shit my pants for this then, but now I don't care

road doggy dogg 12-07-2015 07:29 PM

You're largely in the minority then

Fignuts 12-08-2015 12:55 AM

I dunno, I think there are a lot of people who gave up on Final Fantasy years ago, due to every release being more disappointing then the last. Now the remake comes out, but at this point, they aren't that interested.

I would probably have been one of them, if my interest hadn't been held by playing the nes and snes games over again in recent years.

Ruien 12-08-2015 07:32 AM

Fignuts is right. I have 0 interest in purchasing any final fantasy game anymore. We may be in the minority but it is a large minority.

road doggy dogg 12-08-2015 08:23 AM

Every person I know who has ever had a passing interest in a Final Fantasy game (even if they barely play them anymore) is still wildly excited about this. But whatevs

#BROKEN Hasney 12-08-2015 08:31 AM

Nah, it's actually not the minority for Final Fantasy as a whole. They took a huge shit on Final Fantasy for an entire generation with XIII and realistically, it's up to XV to bring it back to prominence.

VII will probably do a lot more than any of the XIII games (and probably say the first chapter or whatever will outsell all of XIII combined), but it won't do the 10 million of the original.

Curtis 12-08-2015 11:29 AM

Looks like an abortion with none of the charm or feel of the original, allowing Square to cash in on the old fans who buy it out of nostalgia and new fans whose first FF games were X and XIII.

Lock Jaw 12-08-2015 08:50 PM

How does it work nowadays with voiceovers? Can you still rename characters? Being forced to see/hear "Aerith" instead of "Aeris" would be hellish.

Would sound like everyone has a lisp.

OssMan 12-08-2015 08:54 PM

Everyone will be much better off if you stop asking "will you still be able to" questions (which pretty much are the reason anyone wants to play an FF7 remake) and just realize that they're not trying to appease your nostalgia but instead make pretty much a new game entirely

They'll heavily overdo a couple of moments (like the "Aerith" death) but don't get your hopes up if you're expecting the materia system to come back

OssMan 12-08-2015 09:16 PM

The trailer shows a couple parts where Cloud is running down a street and he comes to an intersection, I think that is deliberately to show that the game won't be one giant hallway but instead will let you make choices like left or right... idk, the fact that they put that in the trailer worries me, seems like it is deceiving

Battle menu also has attack/magic/summon/item/defend... gets my hopes up also, but really should not expect what i want it to be

Fignuts 12-09-2015 12:06 AM

I think the materia system will exist in some form, if heavily modified. It's alot more ingrained in the story than a lot of otjer ff systems.

Lock Jaw 12-09-2015 12:29 AM

Why would they change it? Supposed to be the same game but with new graphics, right?

KIRA 12-09-2015 01:06 AM

Can I keep Aris this time? She was a beast before she died (which pretty much signaled that she was gonna die)

Fignuts 12-09-2015 01:09 AM

Pretty sure there would be riots.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-09-2015 03:14 AM

So, for combat in the interviews:

Quote:

Final Fantasy VII Remake also aims for, "a seamless active battle." Again with the lengthier answer, Nomura says, "Regarding the battle speed and tempo, for the sake of a stress-free battle, we want to do something on the level of Dissidia Final Fantasy. As far as the degree of action goes, it’s Dissidia Final Fantasy, then Kingdom Hearts, then Final Fantasy VII Remake. There won’t be any actions that require a technique. By using the new system, we want to do action battles while also being able to fight while thinking strategically."

The ATB gauge (and Limit Breaks) still exists despite this, but "with new ways to be used." You can see the gauge in the video and should pay attention to when it fills and turns red (Barret's attack at 1:22 in the trailer). There will still be three party members, but you can switch freely between them (or just play as one of them, which means AI will handle the others and you can do a Final Fantasy VII run through as just Yuffie).
Another point had them mentioning that strategy in the original involved the materia system, so they may still use it.

Ultra Mantis 12-09-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRA (Post 4741389)
Can I keep Aris this time? She was a beast before she died (which pretty much signaled that she was gonna die)

I always thought she was a bit shit unless you had for some reason totally neglected Restore + All materia while simultaneously going out of your way to obtain her Limit Manual & grinding her Breaks to LV4.

OssMan 12-09-2015 06:16 PM

"By using the new system, we want to do action battles while also being able to fight while thinking strategically."

This is the same thing they said for Final Fantasy XIII

OssMan 12-09-2015 06:18 PM

There never was much strategy in Final Fantasy VII battles IMO, save for a few bosses/enemies, so I don't even think "thinking strategically" should be their focus. Actually, in any game where you have to "think strategically" for each battle, the battles should heavily be the focus of the game, like Final Fantasy Tactics or Resonance of Fate (the first example being a game that did it right, the second a game that did it wrong). People aren't playing FF7 Remake for the battles.

The random battles in FF7 were fun though and random battles are in general, but anything "live action" in a JRPG is really boring to me.

KIRA 12-10-2015 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis (Post 4741605)
I always thought she was a bit shit unless you had for some reason totally neglected Restore + All materia while simultaneously going out of your way to obtain her Limit Manual & grinding her Breaks to LV4.

.............................NO I didn't do that...:shifty:

I was a child ok and wasn't clear on how the materia system worked I only knew they all had limit breaks and I wanted them!

(yes I've played it since then and been wiser.)
but even so if she is used right she can be a beast.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-15-2015 04:49 AM

According to Famitsu, the first part is scenario complete so hopefully they let us know soon how much of the game is in that part.

Emperor Smeat 12-15-2015 05:52 PM

Kingdom Heart team is currently helping out the Remake team for the game or at least the first part planned.

Quote:

Square isn't saying how many volumes are planned yet, nor are they sharing info on online features, but the "main scenario" for the first part is currently completed. Also, they're getting help from the Kingdom Hearts team, the voice cast is expected to be the same as Advent Children, and Cloud's hallucinations will be more "meaningful" this time around.
http://www.destructoid.com/final-fan...m-326910.phtml

#BROKEN Hasney 12-16-2015 07:32 AM

Other stuff from Famitsu

They want add delver further into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.

They have an idea about the number of installments that will be released, but they’re not at the stage where they can say anything.

They’re not talking about online right now.

The scenario of the first part up until its ending is already complete.

They’re getting technological assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team with Unreal Engine 4, since they’ve been using it with Kingdom Hearts III.

Cloud’s hallucination scenes will be more meaningful.

As for the cast, they’re continuing plans with the voice actors from Advent Children, but there are some that still haven’t been offered yet. Red XIII only made a cameo appearance, so his voice is likely to be changed.

Separate from Limit Breaks, there is another unique system. They can’t show it yet, but the it’ll be different depending on the player’s fighting style.

Nothing has been decided about guarding yet.

Fignuts 12-16-2015 01:33 PM

Wonder if they'll get Mena Suvari for Aerith. Lots of people complained about her, but I thought she was fine. Dunno how you can judge on like two lines alone, anyhow.

Curtis 12-16-2015 03:00 PM

This installment business is completely ridiculous. Soon it will be like Arcade games with *insert more money to continue game* every 15 minutes. Sequels and expansions are fine, but splitting up a game on purpose to make more money is just being terrible people.

Fignuts 12-16-2015 06:52 PM

Well we don't know until it comes out. If the first installment is the size of a full game, and worth the price tag, then I'm all for it. Love the world and characters of ff7, and if they can expand on that by making it a multi game deal, then fine.

If not, then you can crucify them and write angry letters, but I think it's better to take a wait and see approach for now.

drave 12-18-2015 01:52 PM

Fuck yea, new screenshots from the 2nd installment. Should give a good idea where 1 ends and 2 starts:

Destor 03-02-2020 07:07 PM

Demo is out. I pkayed it twice. Once on normal and once on classic (which is locked to easy.) I def prefer classic but its so easy its impossible to tell if its good. Very not sold on this. Why they wouldnt put both modes in both difficulties (and if theres a hard why isnt it included) is beyond me.

Also wish classic auto paused when ATB filled.

Anyhow gorgous game. Cancelled my pre-order though. I need more info.

Destor 03-02-2020 07:22 PM

WHERE IS SEPH WE MUST CHAT

Destor 03-02-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 4740284)
The multi-part is to get it out earlier and because the budget is so huge and it's easier for people to swallow paying $40 3 times than $120 up front or whatever it will end up costing. It's going to be priced much higher than a normal game when it's all said and done. Basically their options were:

1) Get the game in a timely manner, in one go, but cut out a lot of stuff.
2) Get the game in a timely manner, in one go, complete, but cut production values significantly.
3) Get the game in a timely manner, in various episodes, complete and looking this good.
4) Get the game complete, in one go, and looking this good, but in 2020 if you're lucky and costing over $100 (in which case you might as well wait for them to release all the episodes and buy the inevitable bundle).

Lol @ this post btw

rez 03-02-2020 07:25 PM

Deleting games off the PS4 to make rooooom

ClockShot 03-02-2020 07:57 PM

Demo currently downloading. I'll probably fire it up after work tomorrow and see how this rolls.

Destor 03-02-2020 08:04 PM

I WANT ALL THE FEEDBACK

Destor 03-02-2020 08:05 PM

Its roughly an hour. My second run was maybe 20 min. Possibly less

Sepholio 03-02-2020 08:38 PM

Downloading now, prob won't get to play until tomorrow. Absolutely exhausted atm.

Sepholio 03-02-2020 08:39 PM

Kinda pissed tbh, set it to download early this morning and then our internet went out 10 minutes later until like an hour ago because the main line got cut somewhere.

Destor 03-02-2020 08:50 PM

This punishes me on a personal level

Sepholio 03-02-2020 09:57 PM

I played it and I love it. Think they made it super easy because it's an active tutorial now for the most part and it wasn't in the past. But I like the control scheme and found myself flipping characters and issuing commands on the fly with ease by the time the boss battle rolled around.

Played it in classic mode, will try one of the others tomorrow. I think classic is it's own thing, there is no difficulty level adjustment for it. Swear I read that in a dev interview awhile back.

Really, really pretty game though. Cinematic quality shit. Sound was also good. But the best moment in the demo for me came after I won a battle and Barrett channeled his inner Beavis and Butthead and hummed out the old FF battle victory theme. That just gave me the warm and fuzzies and made my winkum pulsate a tad in my panties.

Destor 03-02-2020 10:13 PM

In the demo classic is specifically set to easy

Destor 03-02-2020 10:13 PM

Why its not on normal is beyond me...

Anyways i also popped for barrett doing the prompto fanfare

Sepholio 03-02-2020 10:17 PM

Well I hope classic is a little harder come full release, gonna try the other way tomorrow like I said, but I really liked the feel of classic mode. Its the mesh of the old atb and new active systems from 13 on that Ive been looking for.

Lock Jaw 03-02-2020 10:20 PM

Only for PS4? Dang.....

Destor 03-02-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 5324726)
Well I hope classic is a little harder come full release, gonna try the other way tomorrow like I said, but I really liked the feel of classic mode. Its the mesh of the old atb and new active systems from 13 on that Ive been looking for.

if there was a pause when atb filled id be pretty happy...hopefully there's a setting for that on release

Tom Guycott 03-03-2020 12:02 AM

Sounds promising. However, even though it's slated to drop on my birthday, I will still wait until everything is said and done and buy it all when it's finished, no matter how many years that may take.

Destor 03-03-2020 01:01 AM

I wonder how much the "complete edition" will cost. No way its $60

Tom Guycott 03-03-2020 06:27 AM

Eh. It's possible. Would fairly well depend on how Squeenix feels about milking the early adopters as opposed to milking everyone. Given it's Final Fantasy 7, with all the nostalgia and hype that entails, they could just as easily charge pretty much full retail on each part of the bundle, making it cost nearly as much as the next next gen consoles, and people will still buy it up. In any case, by that time, they will have made a fucking mint off of a piecemeal remake of a game that came out in '97.

Destor 03-03-2020 10:49 AM

It would have to be multiple blurays. No way its just $60. I think youd could sell it at $80 but $100 seems more reasonable.

Sepholio 03-03-2020 11:25 AM

I would have no issue with them selling it for 100 if they presented it as some kind of collectors thing. Steelbook case with or some other nice alternate case, maybe a little book and a meteor/shinra key chain or something.

Sepholio 03-03-2020 11:27 AM

Mind you I am the guy that imported the japanese blu-ray version of advent children back in the day just so I could get the japanese FFXIII demo a year before the game came out over here lol

That is to say I eat final fantasy up. Especially anything to do with 7. Or 6,8 and 10 for that matter.

Destor 03-03-2020 12:52 PM

OR FIVE :'(

Sepholio 03-03-2020 06:04 PM

or 13.

:shifty:

Ultra Mantis 03-03-2020 06:41 PM

FF9 is best girl.

rez 03-03-2020 07:35 PM

Had a boner the whole demo