TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Let's talk about The Miz (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134149)

Rammsteinmad 11-04-2017 08:41 AM

Let's talk about The Miz

Honestly, this guy has been absolutely incredible over the last year. While he's never been the best in-ring worker, I've always liked him for the way he persevered and got past all the shit he got at the start of his career. His promos are amazing, especially his recent ones, and in particular his "shoot" on Talking Smack a while ago when he went off on Daniel Bryan, and his latest online one with Baron Corbin.

The guy has always had a consistent work rate, a good look, and having his Miztourage, as goofy as it is, gives him that sense of importance. He always carries himself well, and his work outside the ring, in terms of promoting the company/charity etc is great, and is a great representative of the WWE brand. Further evidenced by the fact that WWE have faith in him when doing anything that requires him to serve as an ambassador.

I'm not saying The Miz should go on to beat Brock Lesnar and Goldberg clean to unify every title in the main event of Wrestlemania, but I think he deserves at least another run as a champion, and certainly should remain prominent in the main event scene.

Bad News Gertner 11-04-2017 08:43 AM

He's a top 3 IC Champ of all time with Muraco and a tie between Valentine and Tito.

1. Muraco
2 Miz
3 Valentine/Tito

Juan 11-04-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5037115)
He's a top 3 IC Champ of all time with Muraco and a tie between Valentine and Tito.

1. Muraco
2 Miz
3 Valentine/Tito

LOL

Frank Drebin 11-04-2017 09:08 AM

Damn...didn't think Gertner would be so on board.

Anyway, I agree 100p. Miz has been the most underrated guy on the roster since he left the world title scene. He's got a few things other guys don't have these days like the ability to be a pure heel. It's been cool to be an anti hero for 20 years now and everyone flip flops between heel and face and while Miz had a brief face run, he's always been a heel and been damn good at it. His ring work isn't the most exciting, but its solid as a rock and you have to agree with him: in a business where injury is the name of the game, he's there every night.

His story is really good too. I remember seeing him on the Real World saying he loved wrestling and his alter ego was "The Miz" and everyone was all "lol...yeah, Mike. You go sit on people's faces. Lol" and then he becomes one of 50 people to hold the top title in the business. I saw him once when he was doing college speech tours after the show and he was really cool. Wanted to ask him what his ideal entrance theme would be but all the girls just wanted to ask about all the people who bang on the show so never got to.

Bad News Gertner 11-04-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 5037118)
LOL

Lol tell me how I'm wrong

Ol Dirty Dastard 11-04-2017 09:19 AM

He's good but definitely screwed over by the era. He doesn't have any good dance partners. It's either dudes like ZIggler who are YAWWWWN or it's Cena who's just gonna job him out in a boring match.

He's also not one of the best IC champs of all time Gert, that is simply fucking retarded.

Mr. Nerfect 11-04-2017 09:20 AM

Miz is a good heel. He also gets being a heel. He's probably the best they have. I think he's overrated in the ring, and a large part of why his promos are so good is because he is actually allowed to promo. In an un-scripted era, there were would be a few like him. That being said, we are where we are, Miz gets to do it, and it stands out.

I don't have any desire to see him with a World Title. I just don't think that's his role, and it hurts him to be put into that position. I like him with the IC Title.

Juan 11-04-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5037120)
Lol tell me how I'm wrong

He’s a tremendous heel, probably the best heel in almost a decade, but I just don’t agree that it puts him as the number 2 IC champ of all time. You and i have totally different tastes in wrestling tho, so there’s no point in arguing about it. To each his own

Ol Dirty Dastard 11-04-2017 09:26 AM

I like how Miz is on the list before Randy Savage lol

Fignuts 11-04-2017 10:36 AM

Miz has made the IC title mean something in an era where WWE titles mean nothing. Not saying Miz is a better talent than Savage, but he's done more for the title in his era than most other contenders.

Destor 11-04-2017 10:40 AM

I wish he was a manager

Fignuts 11-04-2017 10:42 AM

I think his in ring work has been really good the last couple years.

Destor 11-04-2017 10:45 AM

Bores me to tears. Cant force myself to care about anything he does

Frank Drebin 11-04-2017 11:01 AM

Oh please. Stop it.

When he's 50 he's gonna make a fantastic manager, too.

Bad News Gertner 11-04-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 5037125)
I like how Miz is on the list before Randy Savage lol

He feuded with George Steele for a year before finally doing something with Tito. Savage's best IC matches were on House Shows that nobody saw.

Bad News Gertner 11-04-2017 11:07 AM

Miz is closing in on Muraco and Morales for holding the IC title the most combined days. That's impressive.

owenbrown 11-04-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5037155)
Miz is closing in on Muraco and Morales for holding the IC title the most combined days. That's impressive.

He might lose the belt before then, in which if he gets an 8th reign he could break those records. The question is... should he or shouldn't he eventually break Chris Jericho's record of 9 title reigns? Miz is in his 7th right now.

Shisen Kopf 11-04-2017 11:20 AM

Best IC champs based on hotness of Valet

1-Val Venis and Trish
2-Miz and Maryse
3-Randy Savage with Miss Elizabeth (fuck you Luger)

Fignuts 11-04-2017 12:11 PM

Miss Elizabeth wasn't hot.

Ol Dirty Dastard 11-04-2017 12:13 PM

She was 80s hawt

Bad News Gertner 11-04-2017 12:21 PM

Maryse > Trish

Bad News Gertner 11-04-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shisen Kopf (Post 5037161)
Best IC champs based on hotness of Valet

1-Val Venis and Trish
2-Miz and Maryse
3-Randy Savage with Miss Elizabeth (fuck you Luger)

Hmmm 2 Canadians and 1 American.

Shisen is a traitor and admits that Canada #1

Lock Jaw 11-04-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5037123)
I think he's overrated in the ring.

He doesn't seem to be rated very highly, though. In fact, I think he is underrated.

Bad News Gertner 11-04-2017 12:25 PM

Yeah, I haven't seen too many people talking about how good he is

Shisen Kopf 11-04-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5037169)
Miss Elizabeth wasn't hot.

Fine, but she was lovely

Stickman 11-04-2017 12:33 PM

He is one of the guys who I don't fast forward through. If he was better in the ring and had a true opponent he could be top 5. He is money on the mic. I think by putting him in the world title scene when they did they halted his career cuz he wasnt ready. He isn't better than the IC division but he is e best of the midcard.

My Final Heaven 11-04-2017 03:04 PM

Miz being incredible is a meme

Summary of his last year -

https://media.tenor.com/images/c2113...e349/tenor.gifhttps://media.tenor.com/images/c2113...e349/tenor.gif
https://media.tenor.com/images/c2113...e349/tenor.gifhttps://media.tenor.com/images/c2113...e349/tenor.gif

Swiss Ultimate 11-04-2017 03:16 PM

I've been onboard with Miz from the start I think.

Would not mind seeing him as World Champ. Just can't imagine him beating Brock Lesnar without nWo levels of interference and screw-jobbery.

I also enjoy him in the ring.

Anybody Thrilla 11-04-2017 03:25 PM

The Miz is tight.

Ruien 11-04-2017 03:57 PM

Miz is amazing but not good enough to hold the Raw title. He could hold the Smackdown title though. But hell, that standard isn't very hard to reach.

Ol Dirty Dastard 11-04-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5037153)
He feuded with George Steele for a year before finally doing something with Tito. Savage's best IC matches were on House Shows that nobody saw.

Liked his mini feud with Bruno and obviously the stuff with steamboat was awesome.

Not like the Miz has had any memorable feuds as IC champ. He's had moments and is a great performer. But the Miz's best moments don't come close to Savage's.

Mr. Nerfect 11-04-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5037174)
He doesn't seem to be rated very highly, though. In fact, I think he is underrated.

We're going to have to disagree here. All I seem to hear is about how good he is these days. People raved about those matches with Ziggler, which didn't impress me.

Mr. Nerfect 11-04-2017 04:12 PM

Miz also stands out because no one is allowed to do what he does. I mean, he's a good talker, that's fairly indisputable, but he's also one of the few guys that seems to have the freedom to go out there and talk. There's an argument that he's earned that freedom. But how good a promo would he really be considered if there were two other people cutting authentic ones either side of him?

He really benefits from the era, where there aren't any stars, and you don't really have to look the part and he gets to play the part. Going back to his WWE Title run in 2011, look at how quickly he was booted out of the main event by CM Punk, who cut him down as a catchphrase so fucking quickly.

Bad News Gertner 11-04-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 5037249)
Liked his mini feud with Bruno and obviously the stuff with steamboat was awesome.

Not like the Miz has had any memorable feuds as IC champ. He's had moments and is a great performer. But the Miz's best moments don't come close to Savage's.

Bruno wasn't really a T.V feud though. He mainly feuded on t.v with Steele which dragged and dragged and his angle with Steamboat.

Fignuts 11-04-2017 04:18 PM

Miss Elizabeth was a handsome woman.

Mr. Nerfect 11-04-2017 08:05 PM

Who does everyone see dethroning The Miz?

Destor 11-04-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 5037152)
Oh please. Stop it.

When he's 50 he's gonna make a fantastic manager, too.

Hate his stuff. Cant be helped.

#1-norm-fan 11-04-2017 08:20 PM

Miz is great. Just... maybe don't push him on top. I'm no workrate snob but you've gotta have SOME and he does not. He's fine working midcard feuds with shorter matches and he should be a great manager one day. Never let him main event a WrestleMania again though.

Mr. Nerfect 11-04-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5037379)
Miz is great. Just... maybe don't push him on top. I'm no workrate snob but you've gotta have SOME and he does not. He's fine working midcard feuds with shorter matches and he should be a great manager one day. Never let him main event a WrestleMania again though.

:y:

Mr. Nerfect 11-04-2017 08:26 PM

I also think he could make a great commentator. It wouldn't surprise me if he and Corey Graves are parallel color guys at some point.