TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dark Side of The Ring Discussion Thread (Warning: Spoilers) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=136972)

weather vane 09-16-2021 10:38 PM

Anybody got a link? Don’t get it in Canada til tomorrow.

weather vane 09-16-2021 11:04 PM

Nm Crave has it now.

Jordan 09-16-2021 11:05 PM

I wouldn't be too surprised if AEW doesn't end up inking Flair to a deal after this episode aired.

Evil Vito 09-16-2021 11:15 PM

Tommy Dreamer doubled, tripled, and quadrupled down on sexual assault being a joke. Wow.

Triple A 09-16-2021 11:15 PM

smh YouTube TV doesn't have Vice TV so have to torrent them a couple of days later... any online streaming links? rep me...

weather vane 09-16-2021 11:47 PM

Ooooof Tommy Dreamer looks bad in this.

Bad News Gertner 09-16-2021 11:52 PM

Alot of people look bad in this.

Good to see Justin Crddible looking healthy

Triple A 09-17-2021 12:13 AM

oh nice they're streaming this episode for free without a subscription wall

https://www.vicetv.com/en_us/video/t...a9291f9a5c8118

slik 09-17-2021 12:16 AM

watching right now

weather vane 09-17-2021 12:17 AM

Good episode. Although I think they are all great sooo

slik 09-17-2021 12:54 AM

Good episode

ron the dial 09-17-2021 01:10 AM

oof tommy dreamer

slik 09-17-2021 02:27 AM

The decision to focus on Heidi Doyle was brilliant - I'd never really thought about the plane ride from hell from the p.o.v. of the crew before - but it really is her story, she's the protagonist of it all.

Damian Rey 2.0 09-17-2021 02:44 AM

I’m 15 minutes in man and this is insane the shit these guys are admitting to. Christ.

Damian Rey 2.0 09-17-2021 02:54 AM

Tommy Dreamer is absolutely full of shit about Flair. I in no way believe that Flair wouldn’t force himself on a woman. No shot. If Dreamer was gonna lie, he should’ve just said he never knew Flair to be the type. Or not comment on it at all.

Damian Rey 2.0 09-17-2021 03:10 AM

Yeah Tommy Dreamer can go fuck himself. He might’ve come off the worst in all of this.

Triple A 09-17-2021 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X (Post 5480446)
I wouldn't be too surprised if AEW doesn't end up inking Flair to a deal after this episode aired.

Yeah... feels hard to imagine them signing him and putting him on TV, at least not imminently...

They seem to react strongly to any backlash about this type of stuff and they would def get a lot of backlash if Flair is signed any time soon...

Evil Vito 09-17-2021 07:49 AM

Tommy Dreamer a couple years ago admitted that he wanted to burst into WM17, shoot Paul Heyman and then do his pose and shoot himself in the head. And that murder-suicide would be a great “angle” for him to end on.

Suppose it’s not a surprise he’s a complete moron.

fundiddle 09-17-2021 08:44 AM

he tried to save it with the double ponytail joke but the damage had already been done. sorry, tommy (not sorry)

did jr and vince get h-bombed on this shit as well? seems more of the story remains untold

Jordan 09-17-2021 09:07 AM

I agree Dreamer also came off really bad. I was surprised they even aired some of the comments he had in defense of Flair.

erickman 09-17-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Vito (Post 5480447)
Tommy Dreamer doubled, tripled, and quadrupled down on sexual assault being a joke. Wow.

guess we won't see him on impact anymore, what was he thinking?

erickman 09-17-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Gertner of TPWW (Post 5480453)
Alot of people look bad in this.

Good to see Justin Crddible looking healthy

he looked the best in the ep maybe rvd did not look to bad. vince even looked bad for not going back there.

James Steele 09-17-2021 11:14 AM

Interesting episode on a story we all pretty much know about.

Maluco 09-17-2021 11:23 AM

I think a side angle on the episode is the light it shines on the drug/pill use at the time. It seems like Vince just washed his hands of it. I know that we always knew that, but it’s a physical representation of that now. Just letting the “boys” go absolutely crazy. He could have stopped the drinks coming, he could have had them return to the terminal if it’s a private plane. He could have gone back there, but he didn’t.

Instead of getting Hennig the help he obviously needed, he is fired and dies not long after. Instead of trying to help Hall, they fire him and it’s just by the grace of God that he is still here.

Obviously addiction is something personal and it can be very difficult to help people, but there guys are abusing drunk and drugs and mixing potentially lethal cocktails meters away from where you are sitting. There had to be some sense of responsibility by the company when it’s being done on their time.

drave 09-17-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

There had to be some sense of responsibility by the company when it’s being done on their time.

When you have "fuck you, go away" money - nothing matters anymore.

Damian Rey 2.0 09-17-2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fundiddle (Post 5480493)
he tried to save it with the double ponytail joke but the damage had already been done. sorry, tommy (not sorry)

did jr and vince get h-bombed on this shit as well? seems more of the story remains untold

I took the ponytail joke as a jab at cancel culture. I could be wrong but his tone came off to me more sarcastic and annoyed then trying to sound funny.

slik 09-17-2021 12:49 PM

I wonder if they'll ever do an Ashley Massarro episode. Her affidavit about being drugged so she was paralyzed but conscious while being repeatedly raped/sodomized is pretty disturbing stuff.

Vince then telling her she basically needed to 'stand up for wwe' and not sell that it happened.

Bad News Gertner 09-17-2021 01:02 PM

They didn't mention the Kurt Angle vs Vince wrestling match.

Triple A 09-17-2021 01:19 PM

From Fightful:

Quote:

IMPACT staff is told Tommy Dreamer not at IMPACT tapings

Fightful has learned that at a production meeting today, staff was informed that Tommy Dreamer would not be at this weekend's Nashville tapings. Dreamer appeared on last night's Dark Side of The Ring, where he recounted the events of the Plane Ride From Hell, brushing off Ric Flair's behavior during the event, and saying it was simply a "joke," among other things. We were not told of his role going forward and how it is affected.

erickman 09-17-2021 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple A (Post 5480519)
From Fightful:

yeah i knew his time at impact was over half there roster are women and most of the male wrestlers are dating or married to other wrestlers. dreamer might as well retire.

ron the dial 09-17-2021 01:58 PM

dude is asking to be fired, really. even if you're a dipshit with that dipshit opinion, you've got be smarter than saying it on a popular tv show.

Damian Rey 2.0 09-17-2021 02:05 PM

It just highlights that dreamer is an idiot

Jordan 09-17-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5480516)
I wonder if they'll ever do an Ashley Massarro episode. Her affidavit about being drugged so she was paralyzed but conscious while being repeatedly raped/sodomized is pretty disturbing stuff.

Vince then telling her she basically needed to 'stand up for wwe' and not sell that it happened.

Yeah that should be done. Really fucked up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Gertner of TPWW (Post 5480517)
They didn't mention the Kurt Angle vs Vince wrestling match.

I thought that was this flight as well, confused how that didn't come up.

fundiddle 09-17-2021 02:36 PM

WALTMAN:
"Obviously [WWE management] made a big deal out of it…the f***in’ door – it’s impossible for it to open at that altitude. So it was really stupid. [The flight before] Vince and Kurt Angle had a take-down tournament in the aisle – but as soon as it happened with [Hennig and Lesnar], they made a big deal out of it…"

not sure where it fits within the sequence of events, as angle referred to it as "the charter flight back from england"

Triple A 09-17-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

TOMMY DREAMER INDEFINITELY SUSPENDED BY IMPACT WRESTLING

By Mike Johnson on 2021-09-17 14:17:00

Impact Wrestling's Ed Nordholm issued an email to the company's roster and staff today announcing that Tommy Dreamer was suspended indefinitely going forward.

In the email, Nordholm stated that the company was made aware of comments Dreamer made on last night's Dark Side of the Ring and they were "out of line with our core values" as a company. In the episode, Dreamer commented on allegations made about Ric Flair on the infamous "plane ride from hell" twenty years ago.

Nordholm stated Dreamer was "asked to leave effective immediately" from Nashville, TN and was suspended going forward.

Nordholm also asked that if anyone had any concerns of questions, to approach Gail Kim, Scott D'Amore or himself.

PWInsider.com's attempts to reach Dreamer after learning of his suspension were unsuccessful as of this writing.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=150866

Jordan 09-17-2021 02:44 PM

Welp that's what he gets for sucking Flair's big dick, funny thing is, Flair probably see's Tommy the same way he see's Foley, a schmuck.

No way Flair gets a deal with AEW now.

Triple A 09-17-2021 03:09 PM

From the Observer:

Quote:

The reason for the angle on Rampage where Chavo Guerrero was turned on by Andrade and then beaten down by Penta & Fenix which looked like a character blow-off is that Chavo works as the wrestling coordinator for the TV show “Young Rock” and they are filming the second season of the show now. After the filming of season two, Guerrero is expected back to AEW.

GD 09-17-2021 03:43 PM

What an episode. Holy shit!

Genuinely pissed at Dreamer. FFS :nono:

Stu Hart 09-17-2021 04:11 PM

fuck flic rair

Gerard 09-17-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu Hart (Post 5480536)
fuck flic rair

Ehhh fuck you old man, i'll stretch your asshole out so wide it'll look like a Hippos mouth when its yawning! :shifty: