TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 6 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=123810)

Shadow 05-07-2014 02:09 PM

The character of Ward is....fascinating to me. He's a man trapped between three worlds. The world he grew up in, the world Garrett dragged him into, and the world of the Bus. It's really a pitying situation for him.

Also I think FitzSimmons was worried they were higher then they thought so jettisoning them would've killed 'em. Now...it was like Ward was just dumping them into the ocean to get rid of them. Not kill 'em.

SPEAKING OF FITZ! I really wish they'd decide if his character was angry at Ward or not. Because this last episode, he was really just trying to justify all of Ward's actions as "controlled by Garret" but when Ward murdered Patton Oswalt, he was super pissed off and angry at him. What the fuck happened? Seriously, consistency isn't this show's strong point now is it?

Kalyx triaD 05-07-2014 02:22 PM

Perhaps he was mad and now he wants answers.

Lock Jaw 05-07-2014 11:37 PM

Fitz is just going through the Five Stages of Being Victim To a Heel Turn.

First stage is Anger, second stage is Denial, etc...

Kalyx triaD 05-08-2014 10:54 PM

Season 2's a go. Agent Carter miniseries is greenlit.

JimmyMess 05-09-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 4424515)
Season 2's a go. Agent Carter miniseries is greenlit.

very happy about all of this business

Corporate CockSnogger 05-09-2014 04:44 PM

Eh not that fussed about the Carter stuff really, but very happy Agents is gettin another season. Constantly improving, and we've barely even got to know the main characters all that much. Still a lot for them to do with Fitz, Simmons and May.

Lock Jaw 05-09-2014 08:30 PM

Wonder how they will deal with the Hydra stuff in Agent Carter, if at all.

Lock Jaw 05-09-2014 08:32 PM

Maybe the miniseries is going to just basically be a prequel to the current going-ons.... showing the origins of S.H.I.E.L.D. as they battle the remains of Hydra... then it ends with Hydra's seeming defeat.... but we know better.

Inadequacy 05-09-2014 11:34 PM

I'm not seeing anything about it being just a mini-series other than speculation about from months ago.

Regardless I'm very excited for Agent Carter.

Kalyx triaD 05-10-2014 01:19 AM

The guys behind stated their intention for it to be a limited run on TV.

El Vaquero de Infierno 05-10-2014 07:18 AM

Ahhhhhhh, Amy Acker.

Kalyx triaD 05-11-2014 04:49 AM

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2014/05/1...jpg-9ab272.jpg

Quote:

"Marvel's Agent Carter," starring Captain America's Hayley Atwell follows the story of Peggy Carter. It's 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life--Steve Rogers. Inspired by the feature films "Captain America: The First Avenger" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," along with the short "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter."

Shadow 05-11-2014 08:34 PM

Cannot...wait.

Also now that AoS has been renewed we can hopefully get forward momentum in the MCU rather then just...nothing until Age of Ultron.

parkmania 05-11-2014 11:06 PM

Anyone else starting to feel a Reyna face turn?

Kalyx triaD 05-12-2014 11:36 AM

Yeah I imagine she'll, maybe not join the team, but help Skye on the tease that their origin might be similar.

Shadow 05-12-2014 08:39 PM

Kinda hoping so. But on the other hand, I also hope she's got some power or something. As is...she's my favorite character in the damn show.

Not bad looking either.

Kalyx triaD 05-13-2014 02:52 PM

In something of a brilliant move; Agent Carter will fill up Tuesdays when SHIELD takes their mid-season break. That will be a full season of MCU TV with no breaks, all the way up to Avengers 2.

Fuck yes.

Shadow 05-13-2014 07:41 PM

Really? Well that's gonna put a small damper on my Godzilla plans...hmmmmmmm

JimmyMess 05-13-2014 09:01 PM

that was some serious stuff goings on there.

Shadow 05-13-2014 09:09 PM

Holy shit they pulled out all the stops didn't they?

JimmyMess 05-13-2014 09:11 PM

SPOILER: show
I was really, really hoping the guy at the secret base was going to be Stark. But I'll take Patton!

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-13-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 4428163)
In something of a brilliant move; Agent Carter will fill up Tuesdays when SHIELD takes their mid-season break. That will be a full season of MCU TV with no breaks, all the way up to Avengers 2.

Fuck yes.

So like from November to January?

Pretty cool move.

Good make up for them having sporadic episodes in season 1.

Lock Jaw 05-13-2014 10:49 PM

Really concerned for Fitz. Hope he isn't a drooling moron.

dronepool 05-13-2014 11:26 PM

Great episode. I'm happy about Agent Carter being between seasons but how long til season 2?

Lock Jaw 05-14-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 4428348)
Really? Well that's gonna put a small damper on my Godzilla plans...hmmmmmmm

Hopefully it doesn't put a damper on your plans to let me help you discover the Warrior spirit within.

parkmania 05-15-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyMess (Post 4428378)
I was really, really hoping the guy at the secret base was going to be Stark. But I'll take Patton!

Which one? Howard or Tony?

JimmyMess 05-15-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkmania (Post 4429274)
Which one? Howard or Tony?

Tony

parkmania 05-16-2014 12:02 AM

So, are Eric/Billy LMDs? And what's up with the diagramming? I feel like I've seen something like that somewhere before...

Shadow 05-16-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkmania (Post 4430123)
So, are Eric/Billy LMDs? And what's up with the diagramming? I feel like I've seen something like that somewhere before...

You have.

Remember the ep with the backscatter eyeball bomb thing? Yeah, Ward kinda glanced at this diagram of...something and this kinda is a part of it. Not sure if it's biological or technological but it's definitely related to the dude in the tube.

parkmania 05-16-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 4430680)
You have.

Remember the ep with the backscatter eyeball bomb thing? Yeah, Ward kinda glanced at this diagram of...something and this kinda is a part of it. Not sure if it's biological or technological but it's definitely related to the dude in the tube.

Oh yeah!

Corporate CockSnogger 05-21-2014 02:35 AM

Finally watched the last episode. Really good season finale, I thought. Settled plenty but left quite a few things up in the air for next season. Paxton was a bit hammy when he went full in crazy but it worked. Giving Coulson the job of re-building SHIELD up from scratch was a smart way to keep SHIELD around and not make the show redundant, while not directly affecting what's happening in the films.

What's the score with the guy who Raina went to see at the end? Are there any theories going round about who he was and who/what Skye is?

Ward is def gonna be back next season in a "we can't trust him but he's the only guy who can help us" scenario. They just reeeeally need to not trim him full face again, and I'd be more than happy with him just being a minor recurring character from here on out.

Kalyx triaD 05-21-2014 03:02 AM

The idea that Paxton was partially inspired by a misheard quote from Fury was just awesome.

While I think the Skye/Raina/alien language/dead thing stuff is almost certainly Kree related (and Ronan the Accuser bringing the race to light in August), I think there's so much mileage using Skrulls on this show.

Shadow 05-21-2014 12:23 PM

Skrulls kinda belong to Universal right now. Actually it's really up in the air. I'd rather they work with what they have then use the Skrulls personally.

Also the Skrulls aren't the only shape-shifters in the Marvel Universe.

Kalyx triaD 05-21-2014 12:43 PM

Universal? wtf

JimmyMess 05-21-2014 03:48 PM

could her father be the Mandarin?

Kalyx triaD 05-21-2014 03:55 PM

No.

Shadow 05-21-2014 08:37 PM

The Real Mandarin could be an alien despot from another world. But no. Kinda hoping she's a Kree-human hyrbid.

Sixx 05-30-2014 09:09 AM

So I finally got to watching this and gotta say it's awesome (I'm currently at episode 13). Wasn't entirely convinced by this Marvel world focused on a governement agency and not superheroes, but I'm loving it. Love the easter eggs, too.

Only episode I thought sucked balls so far was the one about the "ghost" on the plane.

Shadow 05-30-2014 08:36 PM

It gets....better and worse. It really picks up when Winter Solider hits theaters and just ends so...so strong.

Sixx 05-30-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 4440970)
It gets....better and worse. It really picks up when Winter Solider hits theaters and just ends so...so strong.

Yeah, I already watched it the whole way through. It got absolutely great when Hydra showed up. And I love how Hydra is a force to be reckoned with and not just Power Rangers' foot soldiers like in the comic books.