TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can someone tell me the last time 2 black men were involved in a main even match in a PPV ? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=137487)

RP 09-27-2020 11:36 PM

Can someone tell me the last time 2 black men were involved in a main even match in a PPV ?

Just 2 black guys. Having a white manager does not count. Just 1 black wrestler vs 1 black wrestler.

When was the last time this happened at a PPV?

RP 09-27-2020 11:38 PM

I instantly think about Booker T. I'm trying to remember if he ever Main Evented a PPV against another black man.

RP 09-27-2020 11:40 PM

I legit believe Vince McMahon is racist. I think he hates blacks. I think he doesnt want any black man or men to Main Event his PPV. And if they do, it will be a 2ndary or NXT PPV. Sorry Keith Lee. You're fat and Black. Double Whammy.

RP 09-27-2020 11:41 PM

Zeus faced Macho Man and I think he faced Hogan maybe in a PPV main event? No maybe just Hogan.

RP 09-27-2020 11:41 PM

Vince McMahon has been oppressing black wrestlers for a long time and it gets under reported. Thanks Dave Metzler you fucking fag.

RP 09-27-2020 11:45 PM

I remember this one time I got a Naughty America PW from Destor and 2 black men main evented on a white woman, but I dont think it was promoted by Vince.

Helmsphere 09-28-2020 03:09 AM

John Cena v. R Truth

Capital Punishment

Helmsphere 09-28-2020 03:11 AM

The Rock v. Booker T

Summerslam 2001

Seanny One Ball 09-28-2020 05:57 AM

I'd have to be a few months into a binge to post this thread.

Big Vic 09-28-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmsphere (Post 5377120)
The Rock v. Booker T

Summerslam 2001

I believe this is the only time.

There was at one point going to be a SD! PPV of Lashey vs Booker for the WHC but Finley and Batista were added mid feud to make it a fatal 4 way.

xrodmuc316 09-28-2020 11:48 AM

AEW's entire roster has 2 single's wrestlers that are black, and they both have losing records. Let's not pretend it is just Vince McMahon.

Helmsphere 09-28-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vic (Post 5377145)
I believe this is the only time.

There was at one point going to be a SD! PPV of Lashey vs Booker for the WHC but Finley and Batista were added mid feud to make it a fatal 4 way.

Yeah I was looking to see when that match was,. But upon reading found out it got changed to a 4 way match.

Tom Guycott 09-30-2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5377107)
I legit believe Vince McMahon is racist. I think he hates blacks. I think he doesnt want any black man or men to Main Event his PPV. And if they do, it will be a 2ndary or NXT PPV. Sorry Keith Lee. You're fat and Black. Double Whammy.

I don't think it is as simply reductive as that, because it's already established that Vince McMahon is a fucking weirdo. I'm not saying that he isn't a racist, or at least have racist leanings, but it prob'ly has less to do with him being racist than Vince just being Vince.

Like, it's been rumored for not just years, but for decades, that he legit wants to build a big, black, jacked heavyweight champion. But then, anytime he gets someone who can fill that role, he does that thing where he either gets bored with them and they fall off the planet, only has them in mind for a specific matchup at an upcoming PPV and then forgets about them, or lets them languish around forever doing stupid shit the fans don't like, releases them, then hires them back later to re-roll the dice to get one of the previous three mentioned results. Like he expects an instant and perpetual jackpot simply on the merit of them being black and muscular at first sight.

Vastardikai 09-30-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Guycott (Post 5377710)
I don't think it is as simply reductive as that, because it's already established that Vince McMahon is a fucking weirdo. I'm not saying that he isn't a racist, or at least have racist leanings, but it prob'ly has less to do with him being racist than Vince just being Vince.

Like, it's been rumored for not just years, but for decades, that he legit wants to build a big, black, jacked heavyweight champion. But then, anytime he gets someone who can fill that role, he does that thing where he either gets bored with them and they fall off the planet, only has them in mind for a specific matchup at an upcoming PPV and then forgets about them, or lets them languish around forever doing stupid shit the fans don't like, releases them, then hires them back later to re-roll the dice to get one of the previous three mentioned results. Like he expects an instant and perpetual jackpot simply on the merit of them being black and muscular at first sight.

So Basically a more gun-shy version of Bill Watts.

Destor 09-30-2020 03:02 AM

cant remember the last time two black guys were over enough at the same time to main a ppv

Bad News Gertner 09-30-2020 12:06 PM

Exactly.

LibSuperstar 10-01-2020 02:08 AM

Fair point! Then again how many folks have been over enough to be main eventers regardless of race?

Destor 10-01-2020 02:47 AM

very few but that says more about the veiwers than the company

Seanny One Ball 10-01-2020 05:48 AM

Ahmed Johnson would have been a fine champion had he any timing whatsoever.
Losing count of old Ahmed matches where he botches a dive and should kill himself but just gets up and mangles his opponent instead.

His brain will be full of holes and dead bits just like Droford.

Droford 10-01-2020 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5377161)
AEW's entire roster has 2 single's wrestlers that are black, and they both have losing records. Let's not pretend it is just Vince McMahon.

I feel like Will Hobbs is going to get a big push

James Steele 10-01-2020 09:20 AM

Rock/Cena

Helmsphere 10-02-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5378119)
Ahmed Johnson would have been a fine champion had he any timing whatsoever.
Losing count of old Ahmed matches where he botches a dive and should kill himself but just gets up and mangles his opponent instead.

His brain will be full of holes and dead bits just like Droford.

You need to watch yourself or you're gonna step up to Punchy. If you're about to meet the Sand Ripper then Juice make sugar eat a reef

TheFallenOneX 10-02-2020 04:48 PM

Did Lashley and Moose ever main event at an Impact PPV?

Seanny One Ball 10-03-2020 12:27 PM

Steve Black men

Seanny One Ball 10-03-2020 12:28 PM

If Scotty Too Hotty and Steve Blackman had been a team though...

You look black today doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

Gerard 10-03-2020 04:08 PM

Maybe if Vince comes up with a Fried Chicken and Watermelon on a Pole match, first to retrieve and eat them wins the title.

Droford 10-03-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFallenOneX (Post 5378452)
Did Lashley and Moose ever main event at an Impact PPV?

I looked up TNA and the best I could find was Final Resolution 2008 Main Event Main Event Mafia (feat. Booker T) vs TNA Front Line (feat. D Von) but that was a 8 man tag.

2009 Genesis also featured them on opposite sides in a 6 man Tag. Most interesting is that match featured Dvon but not Bull..er.. Brother Ray

xrodmuc316 10-03-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 5378124)
I feel like Will Hobbs is going to get a big push

He may, but he still has a losing record for the time being.

Mr. Nerfect 10-05-2020 02:12 AM

One thing I like about ROH's Pure Title tournament is that there are a lot of black people in the tourny, but it doesn't feel forced or ham-fisted.