TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Seanny asks Gertner Wrestling Questions Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=136133)

Bad News Gertner 04-07-2019 09:50 PM

Seanny asks Gertner Wrestling Questions Thread

This was a request made to your King and was granted.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 12:08 AM

Is anyone else permitted to ask questions?

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 12:09 AM

Sure

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 12:10 AM

Which belt do you consider to be the most aesthetically pleasing of all-time? And do you think the appearance of belts matters?

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 07:18 AM

I've always loved the old AWA World Title.

https://www.rfvideo.com/images/produ...b/awatitle.jpg

People like to complain about the look of the belts nowadays but it really doesn't sell any more or less tickets.

Jordan 04-08-2019 09:35 AM

Looking back, has Zack Rider had a good career? What's next for these new tag champs?

Big Vic 04-08-2019 09:50 AM

Who's your fav vanilla midget?

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan X (Post 5241665)
Looking back, has Zack Rider had a good career? What's next for these new tag champs?

Hawkins just killed his gimmick. They'll become the B Team in a month.

Ryder has definitely had a good career. He's over-achived in my eyes.

Seanny One Ball 04-08-2019 11:22 AM

I'm going to fill this thing up with every question that pops into my head while I watch WWE Network.

1. How long do you think Jim Hellwig would have lasted as Vader?

2. Is it just me or does Jim Ross outright ignore Jesse Ventura and Mike Schiavone whenever they go too far with the exposition? I like to imagine he's pinching their legs.

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vic (Post 5241667)
Who's your fav vanilla midget?

That's tough cause I genuinely don't like guys like Benoit, Malenko etc...

Probably Malenko if I had to pick.

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5241690)
I'm going to fill this thing up with every question that pops into my head while I watch WWE Network.

1. How long do you think Jim Hellwig would have lasted as Vader?

2. Is it just me or does Jim Ross outright ignore Jesse Ventura and Mike Schiavone whenever they go too far with the exposition? I like to imagine he's pinching their legs.

Not long. Hellwig wouldn't have lasted long in WCW and he would have gotten eaten alive in Japan

JR didn't play well off those two. Tony and Jesse were great together. Ross is almost better on his own.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:07 PM

Outside of Ryback and Matt Morgan, who is the biggest missed opportunity in WWE this century?

Big Vic 04-08-2019 03:11 PM

Percy Watson

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vic (Post 5241744)
Percy Watson

Lol I thought for sure he was going to be a Main Event guy

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5241742)
Outside of Ryback and Matt Morgan, who is the biggest missed opportunity in WWE this century?

In terms of guys who actually made the roster, probably Nathan Jones, but that was more Jones than the WWE. Bray Wyatt is the correct answer though. They really ruined him.

You know who I thought the WWE squandered an awesome gimmick was : Mike Knox. That evil biologist gimmick he had was amazing and they did nothing with it

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:30 PM

It looked like it back when he had a personality. Why did he even stop wrestling?

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 03:34 PM

Jones or Knox?

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:43 PM

I actually meant Percy, lol. Jones didn’t pick it up and Knox just got released. Heyman was apparently a big supporter of Knox. I mean, I don’t trust Prichard, but I don’t know what he gets out of lying about that. I saw flashes with him — I liked the way he kind of worked sneaky for a big man — but I wasn’t enamored or anything.

Really surprised Chris Masters never got a second look by the company, especially when you can work off Wellness suspensions. The guy’s only 36. I thought they would hire him back after he saved his mother from a burning house after lifting out that tree. Didn’t they give a job back o Daivari when he foiled a robbery? And Chuck Palumbo got another shot when his brother did something heroic overseas.

Actually, throw Shad Gaspard into the basket of heroic guys who didn’t get another shot. Well, Cryme Tyme got too. Reading up on Shad’s Wikipedia, it sounds like he has life by the balls, but his attitude to the company’s attitude apparently just didn’t mix. He and JTG both had good charisma, and I thought the company would have had a boner for the guy.

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 05:12 PM

It looks like after he got released from NXT that Percy completely stopped. Didn't work the indies or anything. I heard he got released because he sulked when he didn't graduate to Smackdown with Titus and Darren after the original NXT ended. He probably just gave up.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 05:43 PM

They had him stop doing the gimmick too.

Seanny One Ball 04-08-2019 06:37 PM

Worst spot callers in wrestling?

Watching War Games a while back and Sid was visibly calling things on camera the entire time he was in there.

Cactus Jack was also bad for it and I'm sure Rick Steiner was a culprit too.

Seanny One Ball 04-08-2019 06:41 PM

Underrated or forgotten wrestling classics?

I saw a Rick Rude/Ricky Steamboat iron-man match that was pretty decent recently. If Ricky had any mic ability or verbal charisma at all he would have had a good WWE career.

Seanny One Ball 04-08-2019 06:46 PM

Most over jobbers-mid carders?

I keep seeing supposedly shitty gimmicks but that were clearly over as hell(El Gigante, Norman The Lunatic). I think if you ignore PC culture a lot of these old gimmicks are hilarious.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 06:53 PM

When it comes to worst spot-callers, John Cena and Charlotte Flair are the worst modern offenders.

Seanny One Ball 04-08-2019 06:59 PM

I don't know much about the new ones. Anything post 2003 is over my head. I will catch up when I hear it's worth it.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 07:05 PM

Modern wrestling is shit, but spot-calling is going to be far more prominent there because of technology and wrestlers being...not as tight.

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5241856)
Worst spot callers in wrestling?

Watching War Games a while back and Sid was visibly calling things on camera the entire time he was in there.

Cactus Jack was also bad for it and I'm sure Rick Steiner was a culprit too.

John Cena hands down. Sid was also notorious

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5241857)

I saw a Rick Rude/Ricky Steamboat iron-man match that was pretty decent recently. If Ricky had any mic ability or verbal charisma at all he would have had a good WWE career.

There's tons of great matches on House Shows that few people have seen. Any of the Savage vs Tito Santana House Show matches in 86 are great. Hogan's MSG title defences in 85 are very under-rated including his 3 match series with Muraco and Savage

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5241858)
Most over jobbers-mid carders?

I keep seeing supposedly shitty gimmicks but that were clearly over as hell(El Gigante, Norman The Lunatic). I think if you ignore PC culture a lot of these old gimmicks are hilarious.

Iron Mike Sharpe and SD Jones always got a really good reaction in the 80's.

You know who were insanely over for a period:The Oddities. Going back and watching 98 Raws, when they were with ICP they were crazy over.

Jimmy Valiant in the late 80's JCP is probably the best example of a mid card guy being insanely over during his feud with Paul Jones Army.

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Bulldog vs Owen on the March 3 1997 Raw to crown the first European Championship never gets talked about and it's amazing.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 10:31 PM

Going to go and watch that match now. :y:

#1-norm-fan 04-13-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman King Gertner (Post 5241755)
Mike Knox. That evil biologist gimmick he had was amazing and they did nothing with it

How the fuck did I miss this gimmick??

Bad News Gertner 04-13-2019 10:43 PM

It was so good and they did nothing with it

Mr. Nerfect 04-14-2019 01:18 AM

Reading about that gimmick I was also like "I don't remember that." But straining I think I can remember him giving this weird promos about anatomy in a dark room. Or am I completely making that up?

DAMN iNATOR 04-14-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5241742)

Nathan Jones.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-14-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Ricky had a fucking amazing WWF career from 85-87. Headlined a lot. He decided to be mr. family man at the wrong time and pissed Vince off.

Seanny One Ball 04-16-2019 10:42 AM

He had a much better NWA, WCW career though.
I don't rate the Savage match that highly either.

Bad News Gertner 04-16-2019 10:45 AM

The Steamboat vs Muraco matches in late 85 are tremendous.

Seanny One Ball 04-16-2019 11:18 AM

Who's the best referee? Watching WCW and at one point Ole Anderson seems to be a relief referee. Slow, quiet counts...

I like Ole, he was a horse and his biography is one of the most entertaining and hateful. Not much of a ref though.
Pretty sure I saw Ronnie Garvin refereeing in early 90's WWE too.

I like the referees that emote like Italians on amphetamine. I like Charles Robinson from the invasion era. He really went for it.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-16-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5244294)
He had a much better NWA, WCW career though.
I don't rate the Savage match that highly either.

The Savage match is tremendous. Just not the greatest of all time.