TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=121269)

Raven Reaper 01-18-2013 08:34 AM

Lilly and Larry are THE MOST hated characters in the game despite her dad has a heart problem yet can't seem to be stopping to be a loudmouthed dickhead... As for Lilly, all that feminist alpha female leader limiting food rations, well, she's just as bad as those fuckers who are in Crawford with the survival of the fittest mentality..

Kenny can be a dick sometimes, but in the end, well, R.I.P. to the guy who admits that saving his son despite being infected was futile and his wife's suicide made it worse for him...

DAMN iNATOR 01-26-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4077839)
1. No.

2. Yes, clipped the hair and taught her how to shoot guns.

3. Saved Ben. I don't really know why. Seemed like he could redeem himself by manning up, but he didn't. He just got Kenny killed too. Way to kill an entire fucking family kid.

I did 2 and 3 as well...ep. 5 sucked so hard for me. I had to

SPOILER: show
Make Clem shoot Lee because he was infected, so he couldn’t turn and attack her or other innocent people
...first time in a LONG time a game has made me feel that upset...only real “saving grace”, and it was one hell of a shitty consolation prize was that one of the last dialogue options was to press O/B to say “I’ll miss you.” :'(:'(:'(

Raven Reaper 01-29-2013 01:53 AM

On my 2nd playthrough I let Clem leave Lee despite being infected and he just died silently closing his eyes one last time as she heads out the door. :(

Savio 03-05-2013 08:40 PM

did anyone handcuff the security walker?

Crimson 03-05-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Reaper (Post 4101761)
On my 2nd playthrough I let Clem leave Lee despite being infected and he just died silently closing his eyes one last time as she heads out the door. :(

That's what I chose..got teary eyed

Raven Reaper 03-05-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savior (Post 4139730)
did anyone handcuff the security walker?

Tried it on my 1st playthrough and Clem panicked when it almost grabbed her!!!

Bad News Gertner 05-24-2013 05:06 PM

Got around to playing this. Probably the best game I've ever played. Can't wait for series 2. Had tears in my eyes at the end.

Savio 05-24-2013 05:10 PM

If Shisen hears that you might get kicked out of Gorm.

Disturbed316 06-11-2013 07:20 PM

The Walking Dead: 400 Days was announced at E3. Below is a trailer and info:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/shR53nX9v8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Centered on a truck stop on a Georgia highway, The Walking Dead – 400 Days is a DLC episode for Season One of Telltale’s award-winning game series. 400 Days tells five linked stories; each taking place at different points in time and from the point of view of a different survivor, from day one of the undead apocalypse to day 400.

The five stories can be played in any order and will change based on the choices that you make. Echoes of the choices you made in Season 1 will carry over into 400 Days and the choices you make in 400 Days will resonate into Season 2.

An FAQ from Telltale Games website:

How does this episode relate to Season 1?
400 Days is a brand new chapter in the world of The Walking Dead. Although the events of 400 Days take place in the same geographical region as Season 1, this is not Lee or Clem’s story. 400 Days is split over 5 short stories; each presents the apocalypse through the eyes of a different survivor.

Is this episode part of the season 1 season pass or multipack?
No. 400 Days is not a part of the season pass/multipack and requires a separate purchase to play.

How much will 400 Days cost?
400 Days will cost US $4.99 or equivalent (slight variations are possible based on region and games system).

Was this episode created by the same people that made Season 1?
Yes.

Why isn’t this episode about Clementine?
The creators of 400 Days wanted to provide a different perspective on the world of The Walking Dead prior to Season 2 beginning later this year and provide interesting ‘connective tissue’ between the two seasons.

Does this episode play in the same way as Season 1?
Yes. 400 Days offers the same game-play dynamics as Season 1. Even in this self-contained series of short stories, your choices will matter.

Will my choices in Season 1 affect 400 Days and will my choices in 400 Days affect Season 2?
Yes. 400 Days will check to see if you have a Season 1 save file. The decisions you made in Season 1 will have an effect on your 400 Days experience. And yes…choices made in 400 Days will resonate in
Season 2.

Why is it called 400 Days?
The events you’ll experience take place over a period of 400 Days.

Is 400 Days Season 2 of The Walking Dead game?
No. 400 Days is a ‘special episode’ of season 1.

How do I buy/install 400 Days?
400 Days cannot be purchased as a standalone game. It’s DLC (downloadable content) and therefore, you must have at least episode one, season one of The Walking Dead installed on your games system to play.400 Days will be available to buy from within The Walking Dead season one.

Is it a good idea for 400 Days to be my first experience of Telltale’s The Walking Dead, or should I play Season 1 first?
We highly recommend that you play through Season One first.

Its out at some point in July.

Savio 06-11-2013 07:38 PM

Needs more Clem

Mercenary 07-02-2013 05:49 AM

This better come out damn quick

#BROKEN Hasney 07-02-2013 05:59 AM

Tuesday, July 2nd – PlayStation Network (North America)
Wednesday, July 3rd – PC/Mac (Steam, Telltale Games Store)
Friday, July 5th – Xbox Live (Worldwide)
Wednesday, July 10th – PlayStation Network (Europe)
Thursday, July 11th – iOS (Worldwide)

Mercenary 07-02-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Hasney (Post 4235353)
Tuesday, July 2nd – PlayStation Network (North America)
Wednesday, July 3rd – PC/Mac (Steam, Telltale Games Store)
Friday, July 5th – Xbox Live (Worldwide)
Wednesday, July 10th – PlayStation Network (Europe)
Thursday, July 11th – iOS (Worldwide)

Yeeeeees!

Tom Guycott 07-06-2013 05:31 PM

Anybody else play 400 Days yet? I just finished 1 of the 5 characters. I think I know where this is going already...
the two people Clem sees in he distance at the end of the main game will be revealed from the ending of 400 Days
...but it's just a hunch since I just started. I just wanted it noted somewhere for posterity in case I was right.

Frank Drebin 07-06-2013 05:59 PM

Possible
how many and who has anyone else gotten to go with the woman at the end?

Tom Guycott 07-07-2013 01:03 AM

Okay, I've done 4 out of 5 now. Want to finish through everything tomorrow if I get the chance to sit there and complete this fucked-up-choice-a-thon.

Raven Reaper 07-07-2013 10:36 PM

The 5 characters backstory was too rushed.. Wish there could've been more like when
Russell didn't liked what his partner was doing when he decided to kill those sweet old couple and steal stuff.
There should've been an option there to stop him from shooting.

So far, all 5 of them were with the main protagonist who's been looking at their missing posters.

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-07-2013 10:48 PM

This worth buying:

Yay or Nay?

Frank Drebin 07-07-2013 11:24 PM

Yay. It's 5 bucks. Even if you think its just ok would you say you got ripped off?

Tom Guycott 07-07-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Reaper (Post 4239409)
The 5 characters backstory was too rushed.. Wish there could've been more like when
Russell didn't liked what his partner was doing when he decided to kill those sweet old couple and steal stuff.
There should've been an option there to stop him from shooting.

If by "sweet old couple", you mean racist prick and his dying wife. I understand the feeling of kind of wanting a third choice a couple times, like there instead of one fucked up choice or the other, or having the stoner yell for help instead of drive off or die...but I had immensely little sympathy for the guy who seemed less concerned that his wife was bleeding out than with being potentially robbed by a black kid and a white guy who should know better than to consort with such people. While it wasn't the ideal outcome, to me, her offscreen death was a mercy kill; his I wasn't too broken up about.

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-10-2013 11:57 PM

They really need to have Avery Brooks do voice work for this game. His overacting skills would be perfect for this. I sort of forgot who left at the end finished it all pretty quickly. Going to play it through again.

Ultra Mantis 07-11-2013 06:31 PM

I liked the DLC, though I found most of the supporting characters more interesting than the protagonists.

Disturbed316 07-12-2013 02:50 AM

Done two stories so far, Day 2 and 200 (or something), love it so far but wish it was longer as it really makes me want season 2 now :(

Bad News Gertner 07-12-2013 03:03 AM

Can't wait to finally get some time this weekend and play it. Hope it's worth it.

Disturbed316 07-14-2013 04:07 AM

Finished off the remaining stories, I'm guessing
the people who left with you ended up in Crawford or whatever that place in Savannha was, but not sure who that will fit into season two. I fully expected the ending to be the people Clementine saw at the end. It will be interesting to see where the choices lead.

I cannot wait for season two now, I just want it to arrive.

Ultra Mantis 07-14-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed316 (Post 4245840)
Finished off the remaining stories, I'm guessing
the people who left with you ended up in Crawford or whatever that place in Savannha was, but not sure who that will fit into season two. I fully expected the ending to be the people Clementine saw at the end. It will be interesting to see where the choices lead.

I cannot wait for season two now, I just want it to arrive.

Crawford is already long gone by day 400, the cancer survivors that stole the boat were part of Roman's group

Disturbed316 07-15-2013 02:47 AM

Ah right, must have missed that part. So it looks like we might be following them into season two then.

Disturbed316 07-21-2013 04:20 PM

Slight Season Two spoilers coming out of Comic-Con:

From IGN:

During a panel at San Diego Comic-Con today, Telltale provided the first details about The Walking Dead: The Game’s second season.

According to the panel, Clementine “will definitely be a part of” the upcoming season, and the fate of Kenny “will be explored.” A teaser image revealed during the panel showed what appeared to be Clementine sitting in the rain next to a child.

Little else is known about season two, and there’s still no details on whether this means these characters will be playable or if they’ll simply be making cameo appearances. Telltale did mention that, unlike the delay with season one, the second season will launch on Vita alongside other platforms.

:eek::love::eek::love::eek:

Savio 07-21-2013 04:50 PM

400 days seems really short

Ultra Mantis 07-21-2013 07:12 PM

It is really short.

Got me hyped for Season 2 though so I guess it does it's job.

Disturbed316 07-21-2013 07:44 PM

Yeah, that's exactly what it was meant to do, bridge the gap between the two seasons and leave us wanting more.

Disturbed316 10-28-2013 12:34 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...73344822_n.jpg

Hmmmm.....

Raven Reaper 10-28-2013 07:43 AM

Cannot...fucking...wait for that!!! I hope we get to play as Clemmy. If she dies, I'm gonna have another severe depression meltdown!

Frank Drebin 10-28-2013 09:59 AM

Just waiting for Clem to appear on the show so I can mark the fuck out.

Emperor Smeat 10-29-2013 05:04 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ThJa_kytGtU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mercenary 10-29-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4326578)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ThJa_kytGtU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

RUN CLEM!

Disturbed316 10-30-2013 03:52 AM

God damn I want this now

Raven Reaper 10-30-2013 06:23 AM

There were also some screenshots of Season 2 on Facebook including her looking at an old photo of Lee! All the fucking feels tearing up my heart!

Mercenary 10-30-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Reaper (Post 4327082)
There were also some screenshots of Season 2 on Facebook including her looking at an old photo of Lee! All the fucking feels tearing up my heart!

Your'fe tearing me apart Clem! And I guess you assume the roll of Clem in this one

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...95997831_n.jpg

Disturbed316 10-30-2013 01:33 PM

:'(