TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Videogame News Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=103001)

RoXer 06-15-2010 07:52 PM

Explain 1:1 control to me and why Natal can't do that

G 06-15-2010 07:54 PM

1:1 is an exact copy between you and whats on the screen, like rotating your arm and stuff.

RoXer 06-15-2010 07:55 PM

And Natal doesn't do this?

G 06-15-2010 07:56 PM

i guess not if mr. video game news say it doesn't

Kalyx triaD 06-15-2010 07:59 PM

Natal has 1:1 control, but not as quickly as Wii/Move does it. Natal is completely unsuitable for something like Sorcery or Zelda SS, hence why they're not even trying that seriously. And the 'Kinect' games that come close to those examples look like a joke. Why am I actually explaining this, did you see the damn thing?

I stand by my statements.

Kalyx triaD 06-15-2010 08:01 PM

Kinect can't even read flips of the wrist far as I see. Just broad physical movements.

Funky Fly 06-15-2010 08:01 PM

The thing should have it's own processor, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Kalyx triaD 06-15-2010 08:03 PM

It may have been corporate fraternity jabs, but 98% of what Sony said about Kinect was true.

G 06-15-2010 08:04 PM

I'm gonna have to watch the Sony thing again. Turned it off at Killzone 2.

Kalyx triaD 06-15-2010 10:31 PM

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/1766...-ce_header.jpg

Vietnamese Crippler 06-15-2010 10:40 PM

Oh, balls, I might actually have to buy that.

Vietnamese Crippler 06-15-2010 10:40 PM

It probably will be $150 or something, but fuck it.

Kalyx triaD 06-16-2010 09:22 PM

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...ovecharger.jpg

Kalyx triaD 06-17-2010 03:20 PM

There is a Saint's Row 3, but it will be revealed in Dec. for some reason.

Former rap star Ice T is confirmed as having a role in Gears 3, as well as current rap star Drake. Who would of thought a shooting game role would be the outcome?

BigDaddyCool 06-17-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3117401)

Wii has really gotten dorky looking.

Funky Fly 06-17-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3118474)
There is a Saint's Row 3, but it will be revealed in Dec. for some reason.

Former rap star Ice T is confirmed as having a role in Gears 3, as well as current rap star Drake. Who would of thought a shooting game role would be the outcome?

Developers want his name beside an X like Malcolm.

Kalyx triaD 06-17-2010 04:01 PM

Kid's a genius.

Funky Fly 06-17-2010 04:03 PM

Yeah, it's disgusting how sick he is. Not to mention he can sorta sing too.

Kalyx triaD 06-18-2010 05:20 AM

http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/ass...79620db0_b.jpg

Extreme Angle 06-18-2010 05:53 AM

Ok so are PS3's worth buying?
I currrently only use my 360 and the Wii/DS on the rare occasion.

Are there any major games which are just awesome and worth buying a PS3 for?

Funky Fly 06-18-2010 07:04 AM

lol gayest gun ever.

Kalyx triaD 06-18-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extreme Angle (Post 3119827)

Depends on what's a major game to you.

BigDaddyCool 06-18-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3120536)
I'm not going to answer an obivous question because I want to make video games out complex and I want to come off as all knowing

Fixed.

It has God of War.

Fignuts 06-18-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Like kalyx said, it depends on what games you want, and how much you want a blu-ray player I guess.

Personally, I enjoy PS3's exclusives a lot more than Xbox's, but that's just me. Also, I have a really nice TV, so I can see the full advantages of bluray. If you don't, you won't see much difference, if any.

BigDaddyCool 06-18-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 3120855)
I'm an amazing cock, and also won't answer your simple question in a straight way. Also I'm going to give myself a hand job for having a nice tv.

Fixed.

Extreme Angle 06-18-2010 03:23 PM

My tv is a semi-old HD, Phillips...
It can run 720p but nothing higher. Looking into purchasing a new one though.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-18-2010 03:24 PM

Honestly, if you have to ask the question should you get a ps3 or 360 when you already have one or the other, you probably shouldn't. You probably don't want the exclusive games that bad, and 80% of good games are multi-format.

Fignuts 06-18-2010 03:28 PM

My nice TV was relevant to the discussion you nincompoop.

BigDaddyCool 06-18-2010 03:35 PM

But not to his question. He was asking about video games, not bluray. If he wanted a bluray he probably would have mentioned it. And now there are cheaper bluray players so that isn't even really an issue anymore.

Fignuts 06-18-2010 03:44 PM

He asked if PS3's are worth buying, and it's Bluray capabilities, and whether or not he can make use of them, are an important part of the answer to that question.

Go bug kalyx about videogame boobies. GOD

BigDaddyCool 06-18-2010 03:46 PM

Kalyx has me on ignore while he jerks off to video game boobies. So I'm stuck annoying you.

Fignuts 06-18-2010 03:49 PM

Well lets just agree that you are a big gaylord and move on.

Kane Knight 06-18-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Don't buy for BD, first off. You can get a BD player that's better for so cheap now. I got mine for BD, but that was when the cheapest player was the PS3.

Whether it's worth it depends on what games you play, for the life of me I can't remember a single title you've played. I only like a couple of the retail titles, namely GoW3 and the Uncharteds. I keep meaning to play Ratchet and Clank, but I haven't, so they could be awesome or suck nuts. But like, I don't like FPS, so the Resistences are out, as is MAG for me. From what I can tell, MAG was pretty terrible for a "major exclusive" anyway. And I hate the Metal Gear titles, because I'm not a mentally retarded 14 year old who mistakes bad writing for "intrigue" or clichés for "character depth," and I'm also not a girl writing slash. And Heavy Rain is probably just best avoided unless you're the fan of DVD novels.

And while that's similar to the sort of answer Figgy and Kal gave, it's detailed enough so it should be BDC Approved. :p

there's also PSN titles, and I have a few of those. I enjoy Mushroom Wars, which is sort of a RTS lite. Anarchy Club Racing is good, considering it's a budget title, and Savage Moon is a good Tower Defense title. Super Stardust HD is a good twin stick shooter, Burn, Zombie Burn is a fun one as well, and it involves lighting zombies on fire.

XBLA is still my preferred stop for all things digital, but it doesn't have some of the titles I want. I wouldn't buy the game for PSN titles, but it does help.

Extreme Angle 06-18-2010 05:46 PM

Right, Bluray was just a nice bonus really.

I lent my friends PS3 off him before and bought him MGS4 just to complete it, I was a fan of all of the previous games.

Jak and Daxter is still one of my favourite platformers, never really gave Ratchet a chance so there's something i'm meaning to do.
I've heard that there's no PS2 compatibility, so that kind of throws off all chances of getting the Ratchet series, unless there's some sort of on demand service where I can purchase/rent the games?

I like the ability to have modified content, which the 360 are cunts for not having. I've wanted LBP since it first got announced, and the new mod-nation racing game looks cool.

Marked out for the Twisted Metal trailer at E3, really want to see what the fuss is about God of War and Uncharted too... Still 50/50

#BROKEN Hasney 06-21-2010 03:30 AM

Looks like I won't be getting either of the first 2 XBLA/PSN Dreamcast titles

The Xbox Live Arcade versions of both Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure were playable at Sega's booth, and both still look great, even ten-plus years after their release. However, each game has one issue that keeps the XBLA (and PSN) version from absolute perfection.

In Crazy Taxi's case, it's the lack of licensed music and locations, meaning that destinations like Pizza Hut have been replaced by generic stores, and the Offspring and Bad Religion soundtrack has been swapped out for sorta/kinda soundalikes. Actually, given how many times we've heard the Crazy Taxi soundtrack in our lives (too many!), that might be a plus.

For Sonic Adventure, the limitation of the XBLA version is immediately apparent even to those who haven't played it before: it displays only in 4:3, with vertical bars (featuring a blue patterned background) on the sides of a widescreen display. A Sega rep told Joystiq that the code for Sonic Adventure couldn't be altered to support widescreen as easily as Crazy Taxi's.

Kalyx triaD 06-21-2010 03:57 AM

Doesn't seem like a problem. I could have all the Offspring and Bad Religion I want via personal soundtrack (still a wonder why people act as if there's no such feature). The Pizza Hut thing is odd considering how bothered people get when it comes to in-game advertising these days. Who knew.

Sonic Adventure not playing widescreen should bother people who never purchased a rerelease on XBLA, as this is fairly common. Widescreen support would be a bonus, but I wouldn't count that against a port.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-21-2010 04:05 AM

Right, but the problem with Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi is you can get it on virtually any other format you like. They're not even games that would benefit from online play.

Kalyx triaD 06-21-2010 04:13 AM

For me the boon of Crazy Taxi would be having it ready to boot from the dashboard, like a great many ports I got on XBLA. Then there's the whole "For those who missed out before" company line.

In any case I'm totally snagging that Crazy Taxi.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-21-2010 04:23 AM

I know, but you're talking to a Dreamcast slight fanatic.

What I wouldn't give for those light-gun games to work on HDTV :'(

Kalyx triaD 06-21-2010 04:31 AM

Where the fuck is my Virtua Cop 3? Wii, PS Move, or even Kinect VC 3 would be the business. Or fuck it, Virtua Cop 4. Have a soft spot for light-gun games (well I suppose they wouldn't need that laser tech anymore :)). Been dying to play Umbrella Chronicles on a big TV with some kind of gun shell.

I remember dropping double credits to play House of Dead with both pistols. I'd lose fast but chicks at the arcade dug the theatrics.