TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   MLW Weekly Show on YouTube ***OFFICIAL THREAD*** (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135219)

slik 08-04-2018 09:23 PM

MLW Weekly Show on YouTube ***OFFICIAL THREAD***

Every Friday on 'BeIn Sports' MLW's weekly show airs -- but they upload it for all to see on YouTube the next night.

This week's episode has the National TV Debut of Flyin' Brian Pillman Jr.
With your host, Tony Schiavone:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jMdVDOrCRKo?start=127" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slik 08-04-2018 11:30 PM

Jimmy Havoc reminds me of a tinier Dean Ambrose sort of

Wish Pillman got to wrestle a match this week -- looks just like his dad
Episode was good overall imo

Simple Fan 08-05-2018 12:21 AM

Yeah I thought he'd wrestle. I think they are playing too much off his dad though, guy can't be that stuck in the 90's.

Mr. Nerfect 08-05-2018 03:11 AM

I was going to ask how he looked, but it sounds like he didn't wrestle.

Simple Fan 08-11-2018 09:24 PM

Show was damn good this week. Like how they've divided the roster with all the different factions.

slik 08-12-2018 01:33 AM

This week's episode:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E_MSShQZT3M" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slik 03-10-2019 03:20 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nonWdHgFLnk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect 03-10-2019 05:08 PM

Cornette was fucking amazing on commentary.

Mr. Nerfect 03-10-2019 08:45 PM

Second week of watching MLW. I love the promo style in the company. Everyone feels a lot more authentic, and if they don’t then you get that they are young guys trying to present themselves a certain way in the way that young wrestlers authentically would.

Genuine heat for Contra. Wow.

Jordan 03-10-2019 08:53 PM

Contra had a great debut. Cornette joining is gold. Cornette and Schavonie is nostalgia overload and I love it because they fit in putting these young guys over. Tom as champ is a big improvement for me. I am glad that they put over the Middleweight limit is an option that you can go heavy if you want, thus validating Low Ki's run. I am a big Davey Boy Smith Jr. fan and Teddy Hart is insane. Not sold on Pillman yet, he's very green. Saw some stuff from Jacob Samu, if they can hold onto him then they've got someone very special to move forward with. He can fucking go. But he will go to AEW or WWE soon I think.

Mr. Nerfect 03-10-2019 09:01 PM

Cornette walks in and is instantly the best commentator in the business. Like, Cyrus, sit the fuck down, son. I legitimately would not be surprised to hear Cornette call Double or Nothing after these performances. He actually fits the current style somehow.

Can’t wait to see more from The Hart Foundation. Teddy was always a talented guy and seems to be more mature. Always liked Davey, Jr.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-10-2019 11:29 PM

First wrestler coming out in Cornette era looks like Mantaur. Oh boy.

Jordan 03-11-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5232428)
First wrestler coming out in Cornette era looks like Mantaur. Oh boy.

LOL that's a fun match though.

Mr. Nerfect 03-11-2019 08:54 AM

Cornette fucking loved Taurus. He did the luchadors well, I thought. I loved his line to Rich Zucchini about how “you remember that from mythology, you went to school once, right? I heard third grade was the longest five years of your life”

Jordan 03-11-2019 10:52 AM

I thought it was funny his first MLW match was a wild Lucha spotfest. But yes I agree with Noid, he fit right in and sold the hell out of it.

slik 03-11-2019 11:16 AM

Has anyone seen the newest ep yet? Not sure when I'll get a chance to watch it but I definitely want to after how good Intimidation Games was.

Jordan 03-11-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5232496)
Has anyone seen the newest ep yet? Not sure when I'll get a chance to watch it but I definitely want to after how good Intimidation Games was.

Yeah I didn't love it. They continue the CONTRA angle in a strong way but it wasn't my favorite. Sometimes MLW can't help but come off very indie. Like Austin Ace and this Hammerstone guy. I get it, you've to to work young talent to make them good but at this point they just come off like "Why are they on TV". I'm not a fan of Simon Gotch, I understand why they are using him but to me he's like Jake Hager and I just can't get myself to care about him. I do like Jake in Bellator though. Simon's promo's suck and he doesn't come off as a believable shooter to me so the gimmick is a bust.

slik 03-11-2019 12:32 PM

Gotch just seems like a jobber to me most of the time. He hasn't really done anything post-WWE where Cody or Juice Robinson did where I'm like "Wow, he's grown so much".

It's the exact same level he was at as a tag teamer in the 'E.

Jordan 03-11-2019 12:34 PM

And this is petty, but whatever. His body is really bad. I saw him live and he has a layer of blubber that bounces like a set of real titties riding shotgun on a 4x4 riding through the hills.

slik 03-11-2019 01:48 PM

lol

really bad for a strong man gimmick

Mr. Nerfect 03-11-2019 04:14 PM

I like Gotch. He reminds me of CM Punk. I like his tone in his promos. I get the aversion though. It’s weird seeing ex-WWE busts being pushed.

Didn’t love Ace Austin, but I didn’t hate him either. He’s trying, but not in a way that annoys me. He’s green enough that I could buy a guy acting like that upon entering the business. DJZ is “good,” but I hate the name.

Jordan 03-11-2019 05:15 PM

I hate Djz’s gimmick jacket but he has potential.

Mr. Nerfect 03-11-2019 05:40 PM

It looked kind of “big time.” I appreciate the effort there.

Mr. Nerfect 03-19-2019 12:01 PM

Jacob Fatu is fucking amazing. Last time I saw someone and thought “star” this hard was Velveteen Dream, but he’s got the handicap of being in WWE. In an idyllic world, Fatu vs. Dream would be the hottest feud of the year somewhere.

Bobholly138 03-27-2019 05:01 PM

MLW is the best weekly wrestling show.

#1-norm-fan 04-05-2019 01:36 PM

Just started watching some recent episodes. Contra is fucking fantastic.

Jordan 04-06-2019 01:13 AM

Was at Battle Riot, it was good but not as good as Rise of the Renegades. 4hrs of tapings. I think I saw two months of tv the past two days.

Jordan 04-06-2019 11:03 AM

More notes on MLW this week.

Rise of the Renegades I thought was a better show overall, though I met a couple people who like Battle Riot more.

I think this years Battle Riot was better than last years, MJF was the star for sure.

I will go back for the next tapings in July, I really like watching MLW at Melrose. It makes you feel like a part of the show.

LA Park is awesome.

I've seen Low Ki about a dozen times and I gotta say... he's fucking boring. He kills heat every time I see him wrestle.

Pentagon and Fenix are the best man I love those guys they work like crazy.

I'm on the entrance ramp in a pepsi shirt for Battle Riot so I'll be on their TV all month for either April or May.

#1-norm-fan 04-06-2019 11:48 AM

Oh yeah. That was another takeaway I had from my MLW binge yesterday. Low Ki is terrible in every way.

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-06-2019 12:33 PM

I tried to give MLW a try a month ago. They showed highlights of a match where Lowki literally stabbed Konnan.

I lasted about 1 minute.

Mr. Nerfect 04-07-2019 12:10 AM

J’m a bit behind in my MLW. I second Contra being fucking fantastic. Jacob Fatu is a star. I actually like Low Ki, but the fuck was with that Cage Match ending?

#1-norm-fan 04-07-2019 01:27 PM

I never cared for Low Ki as a wrestler and the few promos I saw of his were nothing special. Then he was just on commentary on a recent episode I watched and he just sucked all the energy from the show every time he spoke.

Bobholly138 06-29-2019 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5240133)
I never cared for Low Ki as a wrestler and the few promos I saw of his were nothing special. Then he was just on commentary on a recent episode I watched and he just sucked all the energy from the show every time he spoke.

It is odd... I have been seeing Low Ki since right after he started wrestling and never gave a shit about him. But since MLW restarted he has been great.