TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens Suspended From UK Tour *Updated* (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134180)

#BROKEN Hasney 11-08-2017 04:49 PM

Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens Suspended From UK Tour *Updated*

Yup. PWInsider and ProWrestlingSheet say they're getting nothing solid on the actual reason behind them being sent home after the SD taping, but Sports Illustrated sre saying that it's because they went into business for themselves during the promo.

The only thing even slightly off in that promo is a Ring of Honour reference and surely it can't be that? Personally, I'm leaning towards it being a work and they'll be off TV until Survivor Series and cost Smackdown the match.

UPDATE:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwinsider
PWInsider.com has noted that there were reportedly multiple issues with Owens and Zayn during the tour including the Zayn/Kingston post-match segment. Owens was allegedly complaining on a tour bus after the show which was said to be "the last straw."

Update from the wrestling observer boards, per Big Dave Meltzer:

Quote:

There's a lot of untrue info.

For one, the story of Owens being mad on the tour bus after the tapings isn't accurate. He was not even on the bus after the tapings.

The finish of the match was exactly as it was supposed to be. The post-match is a story that is being told different ways depending on how you hear it but that is the point of contention.

But that is the thing, any other stories are not accurate as it pertains to them being sent home.

None of this has to do with Neville,Jimmy Jacobs, etc. It was disciplinary, thus a lot of people don't know and are feeding inaccurate information.

RP 11-08-2017 05:07 PM

Must just be dumb of them. Cant imagine them being defiant. I mean, they're getting huge pushes at the moment. It really would make no sense. But who knows.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-08-2017 05:15 PM

Kevin Owens has said he doesn't memorize scripts word for word so it comes off more natural, so calling themselves Men of Honour might have not been them trying to be dicks, but miscalculated.

Like I said, I think this is a work, but someone did respond to me and mentioned we're now in a climate where even having your photo taken with RoH talent can warrant a firing, so who knows.

There's another rumor thst whatever caused this didn't air, but I'm not buying that yet. I know people who managed to get the feed and didn't mention anything. Hopefully that gets archived somewhere.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5039489)
Must just be dumb of them. Cant imagine them being defiant. I mean, they're getting huge pushes at the moment. It really would make no sense. But who knows.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...rnetteFace.jpg

Lock Jaw 11-08-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 5039492)
Kevin Owens has said he doesn't memorize scripts word for word so it comes off more natural, so calling themselves Men of Honour might have not been them trying to be dicks, but miscalculated.

Never in a million years would I have assumed calling themselves "men of honour" was a Ring of Honour reference.......

Nothing wrong with it at all

RP 11-08-2017 06:05 PM

Maybe they all had a Becky Lynch gangbang lined up and it got canceled at the last minute.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 06:17 PM

It would certainly ruin their credibility as heels if they were such gentlemen.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 06:27 PM

Latest on the story is that they were supposed to feed for New Day but went into business for themselves and just left the ring. That makes a lot more sense than the awesome promo work they did getting them into trouble.

Ol Dirty Dastard 11-08-2017 06:33 PM

I actually noticed they didnt feed for new day and found it peculiar but i also liked it. Like it made sense cuz they knew they were outnumbered so a hit and run was their best bet

Ol Dirty Dastard 11-08-2017 06:34 PM

Best bet kayfabe wise that is. Apparently not a great idea as a shoot lol

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 06:41 PM

Suddenly I can see Owens & Zayn representing SmackDown at the Survivor Series in a Handicap Match against Kane.

Emperor Smeat 11-08-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 5039492)

Like I said, I think this is a work, but someone did respond to me and mentioned we're now in a climate where even having your photo taken with RoH talent can warrant a firing, so who knows.

There's another rumor thst whatever caused this didn't air, but I'm not buying that yet. I know people who managed to get the feed and didn't mention anything. Hopefully that gets archived somewhere.

Seems really dumb if true but then again wouldn't be the first time someone got heat or in trouble for ad-libbing part of a promo. Brad Maddox got fired because he used the word "pricks" once even though it was a dark segment I think.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 07:18 PM

I actually seem to remember that promo. I think it was on Main Event. But I might be making that up. But a lot of the time I think they're looking to cut some of these guys. If they like them, then they can let it go. It's not like they really want to keep Maddox and their hands were tied when he said "prick" once.

Evil Vito 11-08-2017 07:27 PM

They were supposed to bump and feed for New Day and get run off after their match but instead they just took off. That's why New Day were waiting in the ring and no music was played.

Vastardikai 11-08-2017 07:38 PM

I saw a thing where they apparently popped up in a Young Bucks video.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 07:41 PM

This might sound a little corny, but I was just thinking that maybe jumping the gun on this situation isn't right.

slik 11-08-2017 07:42 PM

UPDATE:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Details on Why Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens Were Sent Home From UK Tour: <a href="https://t.co/HIvy00dtjZ">https://t.co/HIvy00dtjZ</a> <a href="https://t.co/Z8ogvJifrL">pic.twitter.com/Z8ogvJifrL</a></p>&mdash; Pro Wrestling Sheet (@WrestlingSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/928394142027321344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ryan Satin has confirmed both have nuclear heat and are expected to be de-pushed for a while as punishment.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 07:48 PM

Kane isn't booked for Survivor Series. Just saying.

Lock Jaw 11-08-2017 07:49 PM

Oh no

How will they fit in the doghouse

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 07:50 PM

Zayn does his goofy dance in Kane's face and just gets an uppercut right in the jaw. Owens guffaws and goes "Hey! That's my best friend!" before getting one himself. Complete squash. Double Chokeslam. Kane gets on the mic. "Prize fighter? More like a fat bitch!" and then Sami Zayn's music hits and Kane does the Zayn dance.

Come on, you can just see it.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 07:53 PM

Fat Man, Little Boy and Quebec Agreement references coming now, if they haven't been already.

slik 11-08-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

PWInsider.com has noted that there were reportedly multiple issues with Owens and Zayn during the tour including the Zayn/Kingston post-match segment. Owens was allegedly complaining on a tour bus after the show which was said to be "the last straw."

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 07:55 PM

"Men of Honor? More like Men of JOBBER! Amiright? How you doin'?" - Enzo Amore, November 2017

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 07:56 PM

Sami & Kevin's new tag team theme:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7nveGbAvcLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Destor 11-08-2017 07:57 PM

Lol @ "positive fan heat"

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 07:58 PM

Vince comes back and gives Owens a receipt for the headbutt, which he sells like a gunshot. Trainers and medics need to come out to stretcher Owens away and Zayn faints, also requiring medical attention.

Destor 11-08-2017 07:58 PM

Listening to them describe a bump and feed was painful too...cringy

Anyways going into business for themselves is shit. Hope they get a nice tater for it. Sounds like they want out tho.

Volare 11-08-2017 07:59 PM

2 new members of Bullet Club comin.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 08:00 PM

Sami Zayn will get to be the star that turns 205 Live around. Into the ground when he can't draw more than Enzo Amore.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 08:01 PM

Kevin Owens goes to New Japan and Tiger Hattori calls the police because the homeless have infiltrated the dojo.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 08:03 PM

Kevin Owens soon to get a narcoleptic gimmick where he falls asleep in the middle of matches, making it easier for his opponent to pin him. But sometimes he jactitates, kicking out. Owens starts whining about the crowds not being loud enough during his matches to wake him up so he's got a fighting chance.

Ruien 11-08-2017 08:30 PM

Lol What? They are dumb.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5039581)
Lol @ "positive fan heat"

Where'd you get that from? I'm trying to find the source because it sounds hilarious.

Emperor Smeat 11-08-2017 08:32 PM

PWTorch's definition for "feeding"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
The PWTorch glossary of insider wrestling terms defines “feeding” as: “The heel’s role during a babyface comeback where he runs at the babyface only to be repeatedly fended off, with the hope that the series of bumps by the heel will generate positive fan heat for the babyface.”

Droford 11-08-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5039588)
Kevin Owens soon to get a narcoleptic gimmick where he falls asleep in the middle of matches, making it easier for his opponent to pin him. But sometimes he jactitates, kicking out. Owens starts whining about the crowds not being loud enough during his matches to wake him up so he's got a fighting chance.

Sleep Owens sleep

slik 11-08-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5039601)
Where'd you get that from? I'm trying to find the source because it sounds hilarious.

Ol' Ryan Satin, whose desperate to be the next big pro-wrestling reporter. I mean, he's had some scoops...but he's had a lot of flops too.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 10:33 PM

He tries. That he was adamant this was not a work is when I started believing it. He wouldn't say something definite unless it was definite, because that would kill his "serious wrestling reporter" gimmick dead.

Lock Jaw 11-08-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5039604)
Ol' Ryan Satin, whose desperate to be the next big pro-wrestling reporter. I mean, he's had some scoops...but he's had a lot of flops too.

Where would you rate him compared to Kenton Lane?

slik 11-08-2017 11:20 PM

Kenton is cuter and doesn't take wrestling news posting as seriously.

slik 11-08-2017 11:21 PM

Update from the wrestling observer boards, per Big Dave Meltzer:

Quote:

There's a lot of untrue info.

For one, the story of Owens being mad on the tour bus after the tapings isn't accurate. He was not even on the bus after the tapings.

The finish of the match was exactly as it was supposed to be. The post-match is a story that is being told different ways depending on how you hear it but that is the point of contention.

But that is the thing, any other stories are not accurate as it pertains to them being sent home.

None of this has to do with Neville,Jimmy Jacobs, etc. It was disciplinary, thus a lot of people don't know and are feeding inaccurate information.