TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Videogame News Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=103001)

#BROKEN Hasney 06-06-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 3097488)
And seriously, who cares if San Fran goes under? Pick a less gay city, guys!

It might be the plot. Stopping San Fran from going down due to Gods apparant hatred of homosexuality.

I am joking, but I wouldn't actually put it past that guy.

Kane Knight 06-06-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3097492)
Well I bet my soul it will be better than Army of Two. Fucking Pikimin is better than Army of Two.

lol u suk n00b. l2aim

No, but seriously, way to miss the actual comparison in favor of bitching about "slippery aim."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3097502)
It might be the plot. Stopping San Fran from going down due to Gods apparant hatred of homosexuality.

I am joking, but I wouldn't actually put it past that guy.

The Pikmin guy?

Nah, I'm always a little amused when I see San Fransisco as part of some big sci fi plot device. It just seems so...Weird they use it so frequently. I get the overuse of New York...There's more people in the city than the 20 lowest populated states combined**** and whatnot. But unless you want to kill the queers, stop rice-a-roni, or piss of Star Trek fans, WHY?

****Auspie note: May not be true.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-06-2010 02:59 PM

I got the designers mixed up. I thought he was the guy that did Killer 7.

Nah, he was the one that did RE and nothing to do with Pikmin, not sure why Kalyx brought up the epically fantastic game of Pikmin randomly.

Kane Knight 06-06-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3097579)
I got the designers mixed up. I thought he was the guy that did Killer 7.

Nah, he was the one that did RE and nothing to do with Pikmin, not sure why Kalyx brought up the epically fantastic game of Pikmin randomly.

Any time I mention a game, Kalyx takes it as a ringing endorsement of the title. Ergo, when I said Army of Two, he spazzed and tried to take shots at it. I'm pretty sure Pikmin was just something that popped into his head as he was mentally flailing.

(If you were joking, I apologise; I've never played either Pikmin title and have no measure by which to determine their quality. But I had to pick a direction for the quip, and this one worked better).

#BROKEN Hasney 06-06-2010 03:17 PM

I dunno, if it wasn't for SSF4, I'd say Kalyx was the gaming-taste anti-christ.

Kane Knight 06-06-2010 03:22 PM

So you're saying I should try out Pikmin?

#BROKEN Hasney 06-06-2010 03:37 PM

Yes, although not that "Re-Made for Wii crap". Use a GC pad like a real man.

Kalyx triaD 06-06-2010 04:02 PM

Pikimin rules.

Kalyx triaD 06-06-2010 04:20 PM

Most of you guys have hilarious taste in games, btw. Dynasty Warriors. Modern Warfare 2. Mortal Kombat vs DC. Gears of War 1/2. Star Wars Forced Unleashed. Demon Souls. Fallout 3. N3. God of War 1/2/3. On and on...

It's like you take a genre, look for the most underwhelming example of it, and play the motherfucker. Just shit games. And you get optimistic over the stupidest shit. You're ready to tear down Guitar Hero WoR cause it doesn't have whatever shit band you enjoy but a new Spider-Fail in the making gets your pants wet because "Spidey 2099 is in teh awzoms!" (About 6 months ago nobody gave a shit about Spidey 2099)

RoXer can't find somebody to take up a slot in SSFIV tourny because too few of us wants to learn quarter circle motions (until I post a fighting game hypothetical then everyone's an expert but the TPWW SF4 Champ (Holla)). You are, most of you, GameStop consumers waiting for the next hot web ad to coax you into buying the latest Madden.

So if you're gonna make a crack about taste, have some first, KK.

How is everyone?

Kalyx triaD 06-06-2010 04:21 PM

Losers.

Kane Knight 06-06-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3097728)
Most of you guys have hilarious taste in games, btw. Dynasty Warriors. Modern Warfare 2. Mortal Kombat vs DC. Gears of War 1/2. Star Wars Forced Unleashed. Demon Souls. Fallout 3. N3. God of War 1/2/3. On and on...

It's like you take a genre, look for the most underwhelming example of it, and play the motherfucker. Just shit games. And you get optimistic over the stupidest shit. You're ready to tear down Guitar Hero WoR cause it doesn't have whatever shit band you enjoy but a new Spider-Fail in the making gets your pants wet because "Spidey 2099 is in teh awzoms!" (About 6 months ago nobody gave a shit about Spidey 2099)

RoXer can't find somebody to take up a slot in SSFIV tourny because too few of us wants to learn quarter circle motions (until I post a fighting game hypothetical then everyone's an expert but the TPWW SF4 Champ (Holla)). You are, most of you, GameStop consumers waiting for the next hot web ad to coax you into buying the latest Madden.

How is everyone?

I love how you have to lie to get to half of your point. Probably more. But good job at demonstrating my prior "spazz out" statement. :y:

Kalyx triaD 06-06-2010 04:46 PM

You wish I was lying. At worst I'm overgeneralizing. You guys are lame, ACCEPT it.

Kane Knight 06-06-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3097678)
Yes, although not that "Re-Made for Wii crap". Use a GC pad like a real man.

I oppose the "Re-Made for Wii" shit, period.

Actually, I oppose most "Wii" shit, period.

(Or as Kal would put it, "The Wii is KK's favourite game system ever.")

alvarado52 06-06-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

How is everyone?

1) Stop spazzing. 2) I enjoyed Gears. Despite the lag issues (which seem to exist in every game but Halo) it is a very good team-based TPS. 3) Spidey 2099 always sucked. 4) You stated before that Halo 3 was better than Halo 2, making your FPS/TPS opinion null and void for all eternity.

Kane Knight 06-06-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3097752)
You wish I was lying. At worst I'm overgeneralizing. You guys are lame, ACCEPT it.

No, still lying.

Kal, you come to conclusions unsupported by the statements people make. I almost wouldn't be surprised to find out you actually think things you say are actually true, but I'm pretty sure you're lying.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-06-2010 04:54 PM

Gears is defo a guilty pleasure of mine but most shooters suck.

Demon Souls and Fallout 3 are amazing though. You have pretty much proved my point :wavesad:

#BROKEN Hasney 06-06-2010 04:56 PM

*Modern shooters. I still prefer having non-regenerating health for the most part.

Kalyx triaD 06-06-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvarado52 (Post 3097754)
1) Stop spazzing.

Why?

Quote:

3) Spidey 2099 always sucked.
Agreed.

Quote:

4) You stated before that Halo 3 was better than Halo 2, making your FPS/TPS opinion null and void for all eternity.
Halo 2 the buggy hacker's heaven? Halo 3 kept what worked and fixed what didn't, while dropping features FPS games still don't rock. Only thing I miss from Halo 2 was clan support and some of their maps. Everything else was improved upon.

Kane Knight 06-06-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvarado52 (Post 3097754)
1) Stop spazzing. 2) I enjoyed Gears. Despite the lag issues (which seem to exist in every game but Halo) it is a very good team-based TPS. 3) Spidey 2099 always sucked. 4) You stated before that Halo 3 was better than Halo 2, making your FPS/TPS opinion null and void for all eternity.

I liked Spider-Man 2099. I'm relatively disinterested in Kal's approval on the subject, as he employs a two sided approach to whether something is good (If he likes it and it's popular, popularity justifies it. If he likes it and it isn't screw it, popularity means nothing. Etc.), but since he was basing that on a couple people, myself included, saying some nice things about the comic, I figured I'd mention it.

Of course, he had to turn saying "don't judge the game with no information" into "This game will be awesome," and ignore the fact that mocking him for being a prejudicial retard came before the 2099 bit was revealed....

but since when has not being truthful been an issue for Kal?

...Wait, aren't you supposed to blindly defend Kalyx, Avocado?

Kalyx triaD 06-06-2010 05:00 PM

Fallout 3 has a boring style.

alvarado52 06-06-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3097761)

Halo 2 the buggy hacker's heaven? Halo 3 kept what worked and fixed what didn't, while dropping features FPS games still don't rock. Only thing I miss from Halo 2 was clan support and some of their maps. Everything else was improved upon.

like what, rocket boots? Halo 2 was a shooter, Halo 3 is Punch-Out with guns.

Kalyx triaD 06-06-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 3097762)
I liked Spider-Man 2099. I'm relatively disinterested in Kal's approval on the subject.

Case in point. And what you want is my approval.

Kane Knight 06-06-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3097763)
Fallout 3 has a boring style.

LOL. You are so shallow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvarado52 (Post 3097764)

*gets the popcorn*

Kalyx triaD 06-06-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvarado52 (Post 3097764)

Agreed.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-06-2010 05:07 PM

Street Fighter 2010 > Spider-Man 2099*

*This may be a total lie.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-06-2010 05:08 PM

Was there a Deadpool Noir? Because that sounds like it would be awesome.

Kalyx triaD 06-06-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3097773)
Street Fighter 2010 > Spider-Man 2099*

*This may be a total lie.

Scientist Ken ftw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3097774)
Was there a Deadpool Noir? Because that sounds like it would be awesome.

Deadpool anything is awesome, until KK likes him then he'll suck. Suck suck suck.

Kalyx triaD 06-06-2010 05:11 PM

Like Alva's mom.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-06-2010 08:13 PM

RUMOUR: Tekken Vs Street Fighter happening. God I hope not.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-tek...s-175605.phtml

Although, the second line is probably the best reason for it not happening. "Also, Tekken? Really? Does anyone play Tekken anymore?"

Emperor Smeat 06-06-2010 08:29 PM

Namco vs Capcom would be a much better idea than just a Tekken vs Street Fighter.

alvarado52 06-06-2010 08:33 PM

I'd rather have Killer Instinct vs Street Fighter.

alvarado52 06-06-2010 08:34 PM

actually, id rather have just Killer Instinct

#BROKEN Hasney 06-06-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 3097991)
Namco vs Capcom would be a much better idea than just a Tekken vs Street Fighter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namco_%C3%97_Capcom

There's an English translation. I need to play through it sometime.

Emperor Smeat 06-06-2010 08:42 PM

That one only came out in Japan and is more of an RPG than a regular fighter. Namco has a lot of fighters and characters so it would seem bad to just limit it to 1 franchise (same for Capcom).

#BROKEN Hasney 06-06-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvarado52 (Post 3097996)
actually, id rather have just Killer Instinct

I would if Rare could get the team back. Shame non-one that made the games is there anymore :wavesad:

Drakul 06-07-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Most of you guys have hilarious taste in games, btw.

I don't think someone who has played Perfect Dark Zero and Terminator Salvation can really criticize other people's taste, Kalyx. :(

LoDownM 06-07-2010 01:37 AM

:rolleyes:

Hey guys, your taste in video games differs than mine. You all suck!

Drakul 06-07-2010 04:01 AM

Microsoft are changing the 360s cover art

From this:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...00x_old360.jpg

To this:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...new360logo.jpg

alvarado52 06-07-2010 04:04 AM

wtf! THIS IS HORRIBLE! ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE

Kalyx triaD 06-07-2010 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 3098392)
I don't think someone who has played Perfect Dark Zero and Terminator Salvation can really criticize other people's taste, Kalyx. :(

Did you really go through the compare games list? :lol: