TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The "Post WrestleMania 35" Monday Night RAW Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=136135)

GD 04-08-2019 12:51 PM

The "Post WrestleMania 35" Monday Night RAW Thread

Will we see more call-ups from NXT? What will the fallout be as we make our way to the "International Superstar Shakeup" scheduled for next week...

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/wwe_16_...2f80439b29.jpg

https://img.timesnownews.com/story/1....PNG?d=600x450

https://media.comicbook.com/2019/04/...00-1280x0.jpeg

Jordan 04-08-2019 01:15 PM

I have to work tonight so I won't be watching. Maybe we can start the thread around 12am eastern standard?

Evil Vito 04-08-2019 01:29 PM

I have a feeling there aren’t going to be any more call-ups since they’ve already brought a ton of people up this year and don’t seem to have plans for any of them other than Black and Ricochet.

GD 04-08-2019 01:38 PM

Yeah! The main rosters are already bloated and they're not doing a good job of handling the amount of talent they have. Would it hurt to ship underutilized talent like Breeze, Crews, Brooke etc. back to NXT in order to refresh them? It (somewhat) worked for Tyson Kidd.

slik 04-08-2019 01:50 PM

Plz no more callups

slik 04-08-2019 01:50 PM

Probably something lame like Seth vs Baron Corbin and Becky Lynch vs Lacey Evans or w/e

RP 04-08-2019 02:09 PM

I didnt watch the last 2 matches. Gonna try to catch up today. Just too much wrestling. They really need to trim 2 hours off that show. I fell asleep. And the show was not boring me at all. I just cant watch wrestling for that long. Trim the Women's tag match down. Get rid of the Kurt Angle retirement match because it was obviously crap and made zero sense. I dont need a 4 minute HHH or Balor entrance. Trim the entrances down entirely. Also dont need a 25 minute HHH vs Batista match though i'll be honest, I really liked that match. Even though Batista fell through the ropes during his entrance.

GD 04-08-2019 02:10 PM

There was a time when Corbin had really short matches on NXT and everyone was okay with it.

RP 04-08-2019 02:13 PM

I like Corbin and i might make a thread about this.

Droford 04-08-2019 02:27 PM

Bray Wyatt should be back it's a matter of what show he's on

Big Vic 04-08-2019 02:28 PM

If "AJ vs Daniel Bryan" have a 60 minute iron man match at Mania "HHH vs ____" will go for 61 minutes

Droford 04-08-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5241728)
I didnt watch the last 2 matches. Gonna try to catch up today. Just too much wrestling. They really need to trim 2 hours off that show. I fell asleep. And the show was not boring me at all. I just cant watch wrestling for that long. Trim the Women's tag match down. Get rid of the Kurt Angle retirement match because it was obviously crap and made zero sense. I dont need a 4 minute HHH or Balor entrance. Trim the entrances down entirely. Also dont need a 25 minute HHH vs Batista match though i'll be honest, I really liked that match. Even though Batista fell through the ropes during his entrance.

I watched 3 hours on Friday night on TV 6 hours at MSG Saturday and 7 at MetLife yesterday but I don't feel burnt out except for my knees hurting like hell

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 02:57 PM

Ambrose is gonna attack Raw and it will turn out that Ambrose leaving complete with missing Wrestlemania was a Brian Pillmanesque swerve from the bootleg Brian Pillman himself.

Big Vic 04-08-2019 03:13 PM

Will he threaten to piss in ROHs ring next?

RP 04-08-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 5241738)
I watched 3 hours on Friday night on TV 6 hours at MSG Saturday and 7 at MetLife yesterday but I don't feel burnt out except for my knees hurting like hell

You're the gold standard Droford. As always.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:29 PM

Ryder & Hawkins to lose the belts, I think. Not sure to who. I’m going to guess it will be a random SmackDown team making no sense prior to the draft. I’ll go...Rusev & Nakamura, but The Bar would not shock me.

Maybe Mojo and someone like Jinder? Seems very WWE.

I can see Matt Riddle and Undisputed Era called up. Vince was probably impressed by them. I think Sasha is going to turn on Bayley too, just because why else lose the tag belts?

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2019 03:36 PM

Ryder & Hawkins = The B Team by May

slik 04-08-2019 03:38 PM

Plz no more NXT callups....

slik 04-08-2019 03:38 PM

LARS should return tonight and challenge Seth for the title and then win the belt

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman King Gertner (Post 5241760)
Ryder & Hawkins = The B Team by May

If that. I think B-Team will appear more.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:46 PM

Jesus Christ, Curtis Axel has been on the main roster for about 9 years now. He has been Curtis Axel for 6.

Sepholio 04-08-2019 03:47 PM

lol Lars. No thanks. WWE logic has me thinking Dean Ambrose might be going after Seth. If not him then for sure Corbin. Drew isn't going to get Seth fresh off a loss to Reigns.

Ryder & Hawkins are going to end up facing Ricochet and Black with the way things are going.

Is Kairi on the main roster now after last night? Either way, I see her on the main roster soon. Maybe Bazler too if Ronda is leaving. Undisputed Era also probably on their way up. Hopefully they send a few acts down though to compensate.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:48 PM

Felt like he was on the bubble until his Axelmania stuff started. Finding a comedy niche really may have saved the guy.

Sepholio 04-08-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5241774)
Jesus Christ, Curtis Axel has been on the main roster for about 9 years now. He has been Curtis Axel for 6.

Wow I had completely forgotten that he was McGillicutty with the Nexus.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:49 PM

I can see Black & Ricochet besting Ryder & Hawkins in their “hometown” and then being confused about why the crowd gives them a bit of shit. Very WWE.

Sepholio 04-08-2019 03:51 PM

I feel like Axel just had bad luck by coming along at the wrong time. I think he would have been a much bigger deal in his dads generation. His look, his style, everything about him just makes me think he would have been way better off in the business 20-30 years ago.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:52 PM

Last time I watched Raw, Axel and Dallas were doing a segment hocking merch, and Axel made a reference to being Intercontinental Champion. Was actually one of the highlights on the show.

Kind of want to see a Mean Street Posse vs. B-Team feud.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:53 PM

Remember when WWE were sincerely trying to present Bo Dallas as a babyface who could carry a company? “The smile for miles.”

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:56 PM

So weird that Axel got that push in 2013 basically because Brock and Rock had both separately put in words for him (well, Brock is a long-time friend). I like Axel, but it makes you wonder what someone like Rock saw. Like, did he think he was going to show all this charisma?

Sepholio 04-08-2019 03:58 PM

I do not remember him being pushed at a "carry the company" level. But yea, I remember his original push. But his gimmick, while funny, was never ever going to get over. I remember they soured on him and that push ended pretty quickly.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 03:59 PM

A random Curtis Axel fact: He has three sons. I know two of them are named Brock and Blade. They immediately are the manliness of men and carriers on of the Hennig legacy.

Sepholio 04-08-2019 04:01 PM

Curtis should have been given the Mr Perfect gimmick to carry on his dads legacy. Cocky heel role. I really think it would have worked but at the same time......it's kinda Dolph Zigglers thing to an extent I guess.

Sepholio 04-08-2019 04:01 PM

By that I mean Ziggler was already playing the Hennigesque cocky heel character.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 5241786)
I do not remember him being pushed at a "carry the company" level. But yea, I remember his original push. But his gimmick, while funny, was never ever going to get over. I remember they soured on him and that push ended pretty quickly.

Lol, this was in NXT. Before he got the mock inspirational gimmick as a heel they were pushing him as blue-chipper and as the future of the industry. The fans turned on him and he turned the shtick up to 11, talking about how he defended the belt in Cam-BO-dia and all that.

Evil Vito 04-08-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5241778)
I can see Black & Ricochet besting Ryder & Hawkins in their “hometown” and then being confused about why the crowd gives them a bit of shit. Very WWE.

I don’t think they’ll get any shit. The crowd was hot for Hawkins last night because it was a fun underdog story, but the money (well not really money but you know what I mean) was in the chase for him to get the win. It happened.

Black and Ricochet are two of the IWC’s favorites in a crowd almost exclusively filled with them.

Sepholio 04-08-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5241791)
Lol, this was in NXT. Before he got the mock inspirational gimmick as a heel they were pushing him as blue-chipper and as the future of the industry. The fans turned on him and he turned the shtick up to 11, talking about how he defended the belt in Cam-BO-dia and all that.

OOOOH. Wasn't thinking about his NXT run. Honestly I look at NXT as a completely separate entity from WWE. I know it isn't but the product is so vastly different from everything else WWE that it just doesn't feel like they are the same thing. I was talking purely his main roster debut and his short lived push there as the inspirational Bo Dallas.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 04:04 PM

Axel never had the same charisma as his dad. Cocky heel would have felt so forced. He feels more like what his grandfather would have been. He seems a man’s man, and a flannel vest-wearing farmboy sort of straight-shooter.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito (Post 5241794)
I don’t think they’ll get any shit. The crowd was hot for Hawkins last night because it was a fun underdog story, but the money (well not really money but you know what I mean) was in the chase for him to get the win. It happened.

Black and Ricochet are two of the IWC’s favorites in a crowd almost exclusively filled with them.

The crowd won’t care. Let’s put it that way.

xrodmuc316 04-08-2019 04:44 PM

I hope we don't get anymore NXT callups. Nobody from that brand should ever get called up again unless WWE is instantly putting them in the main event.

Mr. Nerfect 04-08-2019 05:44 PM

I’d be fine with Matt Riddle winning the Universal Title tonight.