TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "100,001" Replies (Wrestling Forum) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125416)

Damian Rey 10-05-2015 05:41 PM

And if multiple network shows are beating them in ratings, then they're not number 2 or better based on their own description of their product.

slik 10-05-2015 05:42 PM

That time Tito Santana pinned The Undertaker

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NHJjXFY53mg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rammsteinmad 10-05-2015 05:53 PM

So I'm skipping through Bound For Glory, and man, TNA is just so "low" right now. Everything seems so dull and boring. Watching the main event, Carter just suplexed Hardy to the outside, through the table with Galloway on it, and not only did it look sloppy and uneventful, even the announcers sound so unimpressed by it.

Just whole PPV feels bush league. Do TNA even care about TNA any more?

Rammsteinmad 10-05-2015 06:02 PM

Nothing can compete with WWE, that goes without saying, but even Indy promotions have some kinda enthusiasm and energy to them. Really feels like the people in TNA don't give a fuck and are just going through with it to pay the bills.

The CyNick 10-05-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey (Post 4712375)
When WWE themselves claims they're "the longest running weekly episodic television program in history", that's what they're comparing themselves to. MNF does not claim itself to be episodic, however, network shows are, like the Simpsons. It's only fair, in all reality, to compare Raw to other episodic weekly programs because that's what they themselves claim to be.

I don't think you understand how US television works. But it's okay. Even comparing them to ALL of television, they are in rare air in terms of consistency.

MNF does not claim to be episodic because it's not. WWE does because it is.

The CyNick 10-05-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 4712382)
So I'm skipping through Bound For Glory, and man, TNA is just so "low" right now. Everything seems so dull and boring. Watching the main event, Carter just suplexed Hardy to the outside, through the table with Galloway on it, and not only did it look sloppy and uneventful, even the announcers sound so unimpressed by it.

Just whole PPV feels bush league. Do TNA even care about TNA any more?

Isn't TNA a bush league promotion?

Damian Rey 10-05-2015 07:14 PM

So if it's episodic, you would then compare itother episodic, network shows right? You can't say they shouldn't be compared to network episodic television in one hand and admit that it's exactly what they are in another.

If they're episodic television, then that's what they should be compared to.

#1-norm-fan 10-05-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4712342)
You think it's smart for guys to post crap like that on Twitter?

Do you think Austin would have done that in late 96? Obviously not on Twitter. But say posing in WWF magazine?

Is a small thing, but shows some guys don't get what it takes to be a headliner. It's one thing if he's already established, but given his spot, it's like he enjoys being opening card match on RAW.

You're comparing the idea of cold, ruthless heel Steve Austin being silly in the kayfabe WWF magazine in 1996 to a fun babyface Cesaro doing so on social media today...

The CyNick 10-05-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey (Post 4712413)
So if it's episodic, you would then compare itother episodic, network shows right? You can't say they shouldn't be compared to network episodic television in one hand and admit that it's exactly what they are in another.

If they're episodic television, then that's what they should be compared to.

Again i just don't think you understand the difference between cable and network. But don't worry about it.

The CyNick 10-05-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4712421)
You're comparing the idea of cold, ruthless heel Steve Austin being silly in the kayfabe WWF magazine in 1996 to a fun babyface Cesaro doing so on social media today...

Yes. One knew how to present as a main event talent. The other is posing like a geek on twitter.

Damian Rey 10-05-2015 07:48 PM

There a reason you're not answering the question?

#1-norm-fan 10-05-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4712345)
Who are they behind? MNF? Anyone else?

Now? I don't think anyone else competes with MNF. Before football season I know they at least lost to Rizolli and Isles. The point is, you can't use the "if you're not #1, you're not successful" logic against anyone competing with WWE and throw the same logic out when it's against WWE.

#1-norm-fan 10-05-2015 07:53 PM

I don't even think Cesaro is a main event talent. It has nothing to do with him having fun and being silly on Twitter though. You somehow find ways to sound ridiculous to guys on both sides of arguments.

Damian Rey 10-05-2015 08:07 PM

Does anyone really believe Cesaro is a main event talent? I mean, maybe a one time transitional guy, but I've always thought the cry for him as to be a decently booked upper mid carder who could challenge for the top belt but ultimately be a US title type.

Mr. Nerfect 10-05-2015 08:23 PM

Lol, CyNick.

Emperor Smeat 10-05-2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey (Post 4712432)
Does anyone really believe Cesaro is a main event talent? I mean, maybe a one time transitional guy, but I've always thought the cry for him as to be a decently booked upper mid carder who could challenge for the top belt but ultimately be a US title type.

:( I do. Not mega tier status like Cena or Bryan but someone like a Jericho who could move seamlessly between main event and upper mid card status whenever needed.

Damian Rey 10-05-2015 08:37 PM

Yes. Has the cred to compete with, maybe win the big one now and again, but not a top star. Think most feel he could attain that status if anyone that mattered actually cared.

Mr. Nerfect 10-05-2015 08:39 PM

I'm not sure if Cesaro is ready to be a top guy right now, but I'd like it if when he knocks the ball out of the park that momentum is actually built upon. We might find out if he can take on the role that way.

Emperor Smeat 10-05-2015 08:53 PM

Had they not bungled his post-Mania push last year, he could easily have been main event material by now.

Maybe instead of Sheamus, its Ceasro who has the MitB case and continuing his momentum from a year ago. Promo stuff might be a concern but had they not misused Heyman as a manager, that's not an issue for him.

Mr. Nerfect 10-05-2015 08:55 PM

Last year's push was so fucked.

Vastardikai 10-05-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4712424)
Yes. One knew how to present as a main event talent. The other is posing like a geek on twitter.

You mean like that pic where the Kliq, Undertaker, Godwinns, Austin, Paul Bearer and Gerald Brisco were all drunk in a bus? (can't post pics via PS4. :rant:)

Mr. Nerfect 10-05-2015 08:55 PM

CyNick would have liked it though.

The CyNick 10-05-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4712427)
I don't even think Cesaro is a main event talent. It has nothing to do with him having fun and being silly on Twitter though. You somehow find ways to sound ridiculous to guys on both sides of arguments.

I just dont think it helps his cause posting crap like on Twitter. Maybe he should spend the time working on promos instead.

The CyNick 10-05-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vastardikai (Post 4712475)
You mean like that pic where the Kliq, Undertaker, Godwinns, Austin, Paul Bearer and Gerald Brisco were all drunk in a bus? (can't post pics via PS4. :rant:)

Those guys were chilling and drinking and shit. Sounds like things that people would aspire to do.

The CyNick 10-05-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4712426)
Now? I don't think anyone else competes with MNF. Before football season I know they at least lost to Rizolli and Isles. The point is, you can't use the "if you're not #1, you're not successful" logic against anyone competing with WWE and throw the same logic out when it's against WWE.

Is this still about indy promotions?

The CyNick 10-05-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4712458)
:( I do. Not mega tier status like Cena or Bryan but someone like a Jericho who could move seamlessly between main event and upper mid card status whenever needed.

I agree Smelly (sorry if that offends you, but Noid got upset at me for calling you Meatball in the other thread).

Damian Rey 10-05-2015 09:15 PM

There's no reason why being a Paul Heyman guy didn't elevate him to a higher status.

DAMN iNATOR 10-05-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tammy (Post 4712374)
Who wants to talk during Monday Night RAW? Give me a call at (914) 237-2791 to discuss Bailey and the other WWE Divas.

You work @ Yonkers McD's or something?

The CyNick 10-05-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey (Post 4712513)
There's no reason why being a Paul Heyman guy didn't elevate him to a higher status.

Should have, but I remember thinking he was really terrible during that time.

#1-norm-fan 10-05-2015 09:39 PM

Terrible how? My only real issue with him is his mic work/lack of a larger than life true main event personality... which was a problem that should have been taken care of with Paul fucking Heyman as his mouthpiece. Book him to look credible in the ring (Not hard. He's pretty fucking good in the ring.) and have Paul Heyman stand by him and hype the shit out of him. It's not rocket science but.. WWE said "derp, I dunno" after a few weeks and let their ADD kick in.

The CyNick 10-05-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4712545)
Terrible how? My only real issue with him is his mic work/lack of a larger than life true main event personality... which was a problem that should have been taken care of with Paul fucking Heyman as his mouthpiece. Book him to look credible in the ring (Not hard. He's pretty fucking good in the ring.) and have Paul Heyman stand by him and hype the shit out of him. It's not rocket science but.. WWE said "derp, I dunno" after a few weeks and let their ADD kick in.

Around that time I thought his mic work was horrific (which was probably why they saddled Heyman with him), but then his ring work he couldnt hold a crowd. The only thing that was over was the Swing.

He's better now, his promos are a bit better, and he's started to develop a moveset that keeps the crowd entertained, instead of sitting on their hands waiting for the swing.

Now he just needs to actually develop a character, improve the stick work, and he'll be in a better spot. Its up to him at this point.

Simple Fan 10-05-2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4712516)
You work @ Yonkers McD's or something?

That's why she's single. Got to many jobs. Woman works all over New York

Tom Guycott 10-05-2015 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tammy (Post 4712374)
Who wants to talk during Monday Night RAW? Give me a call at (914) 237-2791 to discuss Bailey and the other WWE Divas.

GD 10-06-2015 01:30 AM

I love Glen "Corporate Kane" Jacobs. The dude is surprisingly hilarious.

Mr. Nerfect 10-06-2015 06:00 AM

I just read a really cool article on Xavier Woods' gimmick and how he's the mastermind manipulating good souls Kofi Kingston and Big E.

Rammsteinmad 10-06-2015 11:24 AM

Picked up Summerslam 2008 DVD for 50p. Awesome.

Sixx 10-06-2015 12:20 PM

http://thearrowverse.com/wp-content/...07/3887679.png

Edge as a DC character Atom Smasher on The Flash. Honestly this looks fucking silly. Posing like fucking Triple H and shit.

Emperor Smeat 10-06-2015 02:37 PM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/4bd6dd425...azwxo1_400.gif

Damian Rey 10-06-2015 02:57 PM

Bah GAWD, what a right hand!

Kris P Lettus 10-06-2015 04:12 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1c4pspju1IY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>